• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoennshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
bumping for epic justice Must make it to 400 posts! A treat(of sorts) will be posted on the new page.

to add my two cents.

Where did you see those elusive Lucas/Dawn moments in D/P/P?

I saw none of them, except for the mars comment about them "being a lovey-dovey couple'

Hell ,she doesn't even come to you after you beat he E4 OR ride bikes with you at the end.

Anyways. Awesome pic Mairichi

that gave me another idea.

(hoping that it will be on the new page when I wake up.)
Well, I suppose it's partially a matter of personal interpretation... though I would cite Dawn's/Lucas' generally enthusiastic and helpful demeanour (especially in Dawn's case) and their great concern for you before you head off to the Lakes to fight Team Galactic as hints. But, that's neither here nor there... (someone ought to make a thread for it; I would, but I'm scared of dealing with mods)

Err... anyone wanna let me know what's going on? ^^;;; All I know is that Yoshi-kun is new here... so welcome!~ c:

@Marichi: Love the drawing! I love how May actually took the effort to draw her face there. xD

@CC: Schoolwork + laziness have hindered me, sorry. I mean, I still like Hoennshipping and all, but it's not my top priority (or my greatest interest). ^^; I mostly come here for the company, but it doesn't look like anyone's really posting o_O

@Healing-D-Vision: Heyhey, you know that NO one else can steal B&M's bike ride! :p But yeah, I can't make any comments regarding Fortuneshipping because... well, I don't really support it because I don't have a reason to ^^;;
Unfortunately, that's about it. ^^;;

I thought the same thing! xD

Oh, no, I understand; I have plenty of other priorities. It's just that I really enjoy being with you guys, regardless of the topic. ^^ But, yeah, like you said, activity's kinda dried up lately...

True, it is kinda uniquely theirs. Still would've been nice to see some equivalent, though... Like I said, it should probably have its own thread.

#400! :'D -shot for spamming-

@Marichi: O_O_O_O Your May doodle is so much cuter than mine. .. I think I need to draw May more. ;n;
I love how she's got inspirational quotes and tells him to do homework at the same time. XD
@Chocolate Cake: Aw, it's so nice to know you crave human company so badly. :3 Fear not, for t3h awesome TR33 is back! <3 playing too many Facebook games is detrimental to the TR33's health. ._.

@HS Festival: Huh. We need to finalise plans, don't we. XD Time, date, and theme, people! as a matter of fact, I think I lost the original banner. >_> <_< >_> shh. nobody can tell the difference~
@Different characters in Pokemon topic(ish): They all end up being champions and somehow they all love Pokemon. :3 That's why there's no originality. Why can't we have a hero like Brendan with the Mew in Pebble Version? D8
What're you talking about; this is #400. XP

Honestly, I think both of your drawings are equally cute. ^^ I definitely agree about the notes, though.
It sounds like you consider one to be counterproductive to the other. XD
[hugs] I'm glad you're back, too, Sis. Short as our time apart's been, I've missed you all the same. (on another note: "TR33"? xDD)

Well, we should probably begin negotiating what said time, date, and theme should be, hm? Any ideas? Don't worry about the banner; just having one is good enough. ^^
Well, of course they all have to win and love Pokemon; it's sort of a prerequisite. XD Marichi and I looked beyond those characteristics when we commented on the characters. That idea of yours does sound good, though. =D (I need to go back and read through that one again...)

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
It originally started only to be a small drabble about a song I liked, then it grew, and grew, and grew.

Now easily the longest thing i've ever written. I could has very easily turned this into a fic. But I decided not to mainly because it still took a lot out of me just trying to write this so now this is a songfic about a love triangle from a song that I have been into for a while

Here is the song

Well, good luck and I hope you like it. I put a lot of effort into it

._.

Rustboro High. A high-end private high school located in the mid south end of, where else, Rustboro City, which is close to the City's forest that gave it a rather peaceful and natural presentation with the three stories of stone constructed buildings, labs, auditoriums, and even several gymnasiums that made the school a home for the children some of Hoenn's most wealthiest and privileged families. But it not only held students of great wealth, but of great talent and academic excellence, as it has, on occasion, offered full scholarships to some of Hoenn's and even the nations best and brightest young minds. Yes, this place has it all for a young mind to excel. One such young mind is that of Littleroot Junior Highs top honor student, Brendan Birch.

Brendan had been offered a full scholarship after he was given an assessment test administered by the High School to review his academic stance. His Regional test scores were high enough to catch their eyes. Needless to say, he passed with flying colors. He has, since then, spent his days as a student at this prestigious school. Now seventeen, he is approaching the end of his senior year. It was about time he had made he most bold move.

Brendan had just walked out of class, which was on the third floor, and started going down the stairs to head toward the cafeteria for the lunch hour. Brendan was not that tall of a student. Standing a modest five feet, four inches, he had short jet black untidy hair, which strangely complemented his ruby red eyes while, at times, covering them due to his long bangs. He wore a single sleeved black backpack over his yellow-vest which covered a white short-sleeved dressed shirt and red tie. His hands rested in the pockets of his dark brown slacks when he finally made it to the cafeteria and ordered his food. He had paid with a special credit card given to him by the school. He walked into the dining hall. A large hall with many lunch tables neatly lined in five rows of thirty. On the ceilings hung several chandeliers for bright, vibrant lighting. It did seem rather pointless to have them, as the hall was only used for lunch and most of the time it was lit by the sun that came through by the large vertical windows that lined across the walls. Brendan looked around the hall and quickly found what he was looking for.

“Hey, Lucas.” Brendan said as he began to sit across from a boy who wore the same uniform, he had short dark blue hair which was more untidy than Brendan's, as several patches stuck out more than others. He sat there eating his lunch as he lazily looked up at Brendan with his dark cobalt blue eyes after he had heard his name.

“Yo Brendan, whats up?” Lucas had simply replied. Lucas was, like Brendan, seventeen and an ace student, but from the Sinnoh region, that was offered a scholarship for his academic excellence. He was also Brendan's roommate in the dormitory the school had provided for the students from out of town. “So tell me, Brendan, what are you going to do about your final art project?”

“A portrait.” Brendan replied as he took out a pair of black ridged reading glasses and then taking a bite of his sandwich and pulled out from his backpack a book labeled 'Theory of Evolution' and began to read.

“Oh really? A self portrait?” Asked Lucas in interest.

“Nah, I've got somebody in mind.”

“Oh? Well, I thank you for considering my swell looks for your art project.” Lucas answered while making a hand gesture towards his face, resting his fingertips on the edge of his cheeks while his head was cocked to the side, making an almost 'girly' look “But, I must decline your offer.”

Brendan just sat there and laughed. “Ha ha, no, it's not you. I knew you were too good for my artistic skills.” He smiled as he removed his glasses, put his book back into his backpack, finished his sandwich, and began to get up. “It all goes into my plan.”

“Which is...” Lucas asked. “You've been talking about your 'plan' for some time now.”

“I'm finally asking May out. It's been some time since I've got to know her again. I'd say it's about time to ask her.” Brendan had finally told him.

“...and, what does that have to do with your art fina....”before Lucas could finish his sentence, another voice had answered.

“From what I'm getting, you're going to ask her to be your model for your final, and then strike. Am I right?” Another boy had came to the lunch table and set his lunch try down. Much like Brendan and Lucas, he wore a yellow vest, white short sleeved dress shirt and brown slacks. His black hair was slicked back with two black bangs that hung just over his forehead. His golden-yellow eyes slyly looked at Brendan with a small smirk on his face as if he had knew it. Once again, this student, Jimmy, like Brendan and Lucas, was an ace student from Jhoto. Also seventeen years of age, same situation, just lived in a different dorm.

“Slightly, I do, wish to ask her out sometime during this session I have planned. Getting to know her better so asking her out later will be much easier.” Brendan smiled. He picked up his lunch tray and began walking away to the nearest garbage canister. “Now is my chance, wish me luck, and I'll see you guys later.”

Both Lucas and Jimmy had given him their best wishes as Brendan walked across the dining hall, and before he was too far away from his companions he could her Jimmy in the distance. “Just so you know, we're not going to be that shoulder you cry on if she says no!”

'Ha ha! I'll keep that in mind' Thought Brendan as he made his way past a flood of students who were all enjoying their respective lunches, chatting and gossiping to their hearts content. Finally, he saw her.

May Maple. Seventeen years old, was also in her senior year. Much like the males at the school, she wore a yellow vest and white dress shirt with tie. The only difference is that she, and all other girls, sported a dark navy blue skirt. She had bright sapphire blue eyes and her chestnut brown hair was split in three parts. One portion tied behind her head, and the other two portions hang on each side of her head past her shoulders. May had actually been Brendan's neighbor in Littleroot Town many years ago. However, after her father, Norman, had achieved Elite trainer status. He, along with his family, moved to a larger city closer to where Norman needed to be. Unlike Brendan and his companions, Her acceptance was more based upon the admission fee being paid. That isn't to say she wasn't a bright student. But her scores from the assessment test weren't high enough to earn a scholarship. However, due to her fathers status, he was able to pull some strings to get her accepted at a lower fee than most others.

“Hey May, look whose heading this way.” One of Mays' friends had informed her of Brendan approaching them. “It's one of those brainy dorks.”

“That's not very lady-like of you to be calling people such names, now is it, Dawn?” Brendan replied to the shoulder length dark blue haired girl who sat on one said of May.

“Yeah Dawn, be a little more considerate.” May replied to Dawn with a smile and turned back to Brendan. “Whats up?”

“Well, before I get to business, I'd say we catch up a bit.” Brendan answered and continued to ask “How have you been?”

“I've been good, trying to survive these last few weeks of school and hopefully I can get into a good college.”

“I see, and how has that been going?”

“That, has not been going too well.” May answered with an embarrassed smile “Perhaps you can help me study for the upcoming Finals and the S.W.I.A.T?”

“What subjects are you having trouble with?”

“Really, it's just Elemental Physics.”

“I see, that is a hard subject. It shouldn't be a problem for me. But, I have a favor to ask of you.” Brendan added.

“Oh boy, here it comes.” Dawn interjected. “You going to ask her out on a date?

“Jeez, you know, I guess what they say about being from a noble family is true.” Brendan started to get annoyed.

“And what is that?” Dawn asked, bracing for an insult.

“I don't know.” Brendan answered simply. “Something about brats, no person to person communication, politeness, interrupting conversations, you know, stuff like that.” Brendan finished with a cheesy smile and pulled out a book from his backpack. “Here, you need this more than I do.” and set the book in front of Dawn.

“This is a book on Micro-Sociology.” Dawn remarked.

Exactly!” Brendan exclaimed “Use it, hell, you might learn a thing or two about how to talk to boys.” Dawn proceeded to give Brendan a death stare whilst May gave a small chuckle. “Anyways, What I was going to say is that I have a favor to ask of you if you wish for me to help you study.”

“...and that is?”

“I have an Art final in a few weeks. It must be a drawing or painting from life. I decided to do a portrait, and I was wondering if I may have the privilege to use you as my model.”

May laughed. “You really think I'm worth drawing?”

“Absolutely.” Brendan said with confidence.

“Alright then, sounds fun.”

“Perfect. Meet me after school outside the Art building.” Brendan added with a big grin on his face.

“Sure thing.” Said with a smile of her own.

Brendan turned around and started to walk away, his head was still turned towards May and company. “Well if you'll ladies excuse me, I've got a few things to take care of.” As he walked further away from May and company, he could hear Dawn and several of her friends began to argue.

Keep rockin', and keep knockin'
Whether you Louis Buitton it up or Reebokin'
You see the hate, that they're servin' on a platter
So what we goin' have, dessert or disaster?
The day seemed to have passed faster after the lunch hour as May already found herself walking to the Art building located on the lower east end of campus. When May finally arrived at the Art building, she saw Brendan sitting on the steps in front. He had his uniform undone with both his vest and shirt un-tucked and the tie undid and hung out over his vest, once again wearing his reading glasses as he was jotting down some notes while sitting at the base, seemingly very much into whatever he was writing down until May decided to get his attention.

“Hey!” May yelled, waving her hand in the air while still walking towards Brendan. Upon hearing his name, Brendan jerked his head up quickly to see May approach him. A small smile crept on his face and he removed his glasses and put his notebook back into his backpack. “How long have you been waiting for me here?”

“I'd say about five minutes.” He then stood up and began walking up the stairs to the building. “Shall we?”

May started to follow Brendan up the stairs, the smile still on her face “Of course.” She had reached the top of the stairs and Brendan was waiting there and held the door open for her. She gave Brendan a thank you gesture and walked in. “So where are we going?” She asked while they started to walk down the corridors of the building

“All Art students are given their own studio to work on their projects at. We're heading to my studio.”

“What about helping me study?” May asked.

“I got that covered.” Brendan replied. “While you model for me, I can simply tell you formulas and do explanations while I draw, after all, I figured the pose I'd draw of you is when you're reading and writing down notes. Pretty much studying. Sound fine?”

“Wow, you put a lot of thought into this.” May laughed

“Yeah, well, they say I am a genius, at least, that is what all these tests say about me. Looks like I can come up with reasonable solutions even in an instant.” Brendan replied back with a laugh of his own. Then he stopped in front of a door. “We're here.”

May looked at the door and it had a single thin window on the front with a note under the window that read “B. Birch”. Brendan pulled a set of keys out of his pocket and found the right one and unlocked the door to his studio and allowed May to go in before him. When she walked in the first thing she noticed was that it smelled like a crayon box, however, she was taken away from all the different pieces of art that hung around the large room. One wall seemed to have even been replaced with a large window that let a great deal of sunlight into the studio, as well as a beautiful view of the forest in the distance. Again there was the art, Landscapes, Buildings, Portraits of himself and friends and even Pokemon. Some in black and white, some in color, some painted, some colored with colored pencil. She continued to look around, and saw various desks with different mediums of supplies such as pencils, pens, paintbrushes, watermarks and kickstands. In the corner of the room was another door that had a window that led into a smaller room, but she couldn't see in the room.

“Did you really make all of these beautiful pieces of art?” May asked still in awe. She noticed that Brendan had pulled out a kickstand, a stool and a large sheet of bristol paper on a large clipboard.

“Yes I have. These were all art projects I had done in Art class this year.” He said as he made the setup ready, he then walked back to one of the desks and picked up a box of what appeared to be a box of charcoal. Then he put on what seemed to be a white sack sewed onto a red bandanna. A rather odd hat, to be honest. And finally put on a brown apron, probably to keep his uniform clean. He then place the items near the window and begun moving a large cushioned chair and placed it in the middle of the room

“They're all amazing!” May said again looking back at Brendan and noticed the 'hat' on his head “What's that for? She asked, trying hard to hold back a laugh, but giggles escaped.

“What, this? It's just something I whipped up at the last minute so it can keep my bangs away from my eyes.”

“You couldn't just buy a hat?”

“Nah, I kind of like the Post-modernness of it.” Brendan replied wit ha laugh and pulled the bandanna up above his eyes and adjusted it so it wouldn't fall. He then sat down on the stool across from May. “Ok, Sit there with your notebook and tell me what you need help with.”

“Ok.” May obeyed, she grabbed her notebook from her backpack and sat down on the cushioned chair. It was then that she noticed Brendan in the glare of the sunlight that shined from the large window behind him. Despite him merely sitting there with a piece of charcoal in hand, May had sensed a sort of aura around him that made her feel comfortable and she smiled. Brendan then looked up and May looked into his ruby red eyes

I never thought I'd be in love like this,
When I look at you my mind goes on a trip,
Then you came in and knocked me on my face,
Feels like I'm in a race, but I've already won first place.

“Thats actually a perfect pose.” Brendan told May and she had snapped back into reality, not realizing what she was doing, blood quickly rushed into her face and a blush came full bloom on her face.

“Wha, What pose was I in again?” May felt embarrassed, But, Brendan couldn't help but laugh.

“You just had your head resting on your left hand while your left arm was on the armrest. Look down at your notebook with your pencil in hand like you're writing.” May quickly obeyed. Got in position, and Brendan started to sketch “Ok, now, What are you stuck on.”

Several hours passed since the session had begun but it seemed more like time stood still for Brendan and May as they were deep in discussion with the subject at hand, but would occasionally go off topic and talked about their own lives. “So tell me Brendan, You're such a good artist. Are you going to pursue a career along these lines?”

“Probably not.” Brendan replied. “I hate to sound like that selfish greedy person, but, there is just not enough of financial security in being an artist. Well, if you're a good artist.”

“Don't be so modest! Have you seriously seen your work? It's stunning. I'd pay top dollar for it.” May encouraged Brendan on. “Seriously, even if you don't follow the artist career, at least humor me and tell me you won't quit drawing and painting. Ok?” Brendan just sat there, his eyes off his paper and on May. A smile came upon Brendan's face and he turned back to his canvas.

“Ok, I promise.” Brendan finally said wit ha smile. “Well, what about you?” Brendan finally decided to ask her.

“Me? Well, To be honest, I never really had any big aspirations. I just want to be...stable. I guess like my father, financially secure enough to travel the world. Then maybe start a family of my own.” May said with a sheepish tone in her voice. In truth, she really didn't know what to do after school.

I never thought I'd fall for you as hard as I did.
You got me thinkin' 'bout a life, a house, and kids.

“heh heh, I see.” Brendan finally said “Now, onto the next formula.”

Several more hours had passed up to the point where it had gotten very late. The once beautiful view of the forest outside the window was now nothing but a mere void of darkness. The light in the studio was more than enough to keep the entire room lit and secure. May, had finally gotten tired and started to doze off. Brendan, using his best efforts to keep her awake, failed as she fell asleep on the chair. The soft cushion proving too much of a comfort for her to stay up.

May awoke from the bright sunlight that beamed on her face from what felt like a large window. May started to gather thoughts as she just now realized that she had fell asleep in the studio last night. But this was weird. She was laying down on a bed. She had no memory of ever walking to a room or back to her dorm and falling asleep in a bed. She bolted up from the bed and quickly looked around and noticed she as in a very small room with a small desk and another big vertical window right across from the bed. She then saw the door with a window that was in front of the end of the bed. Once she looked out the window she saw the studio where she and Brendan were all afternoon, and apparently all night.

“I see.” She had said to herself. “This is that small room in the corner of Brendan's studio.” May then walked out of the room and saw another sight that made her want to jump.

It was Brendan, he had fell asleep on one of his desks with the large clipboard in front of him. It seemed like he was working until he simply shut down. He was still sitting on a stool, with his head was resting on it's side in his arms that were crossed and resting on the desk. The hat had fallen off his head and his hair was all over his face. It was then that May had that same feeling she had yesterday before they started.

Every morning I look at you and smile
Cause boy you came around and you knocked me down
knocked me down.

May moved over to get a better look at the drawing Brendan had worked so hard on completing. Brendan had finished all right, and it looked as marvelous as she had predicted it would be. It was of her sitting on the single couch like chair, slightly slouched on it with her left elbow resting on the arm rest, her head resting on her left hand with a pencil in her right hand while looking down at her notebook, all the while, jotting down some notes. A smile on her face, both the drawing, and on her actual face. She wanted to wake up Brendan to let him know of a good job he had done. But was short lived as Brendan woke up himself.

“Like it?” Brendan asked in a low tone, his head still resting on the desk.

“I love it!” May had said

“Well then, you're gonna be blown away when I finally finish it.”

May only looked puzzled “Wait, you mean it's not done?” She asked and looked back at the artwork. It looked perfect to her, perfectly shaded and everything.

“Well, it is supposed to be a portrait, that is just a rough draft.” Brendan said while sitting up. “I'm going to now use that as a base and redraw it plainly so I can use watercolor paint.” He finished saying as he took off his 'hat' and his apron that he wore over his now dirty uniform.

“Good thing it's Sunday.” May noted as she looked at the time on her cell phone. It was a little over ten A.M. “Otherwise we would have missed first period.”

“Yeah, another good reason why I decided to do this project last night.” Brendan said with a smile on his face

“So, is that it?” May asked. “Are we done studying?”

“Well, yeah, you really don't need to be here anymore as I can finish the portrait with this.” Brendan said while pointing to the drawing of May. “Or, if you like, I will be in here every Monday and Wednesday night working on this painting. You are more than welcome to come by and I can still tutor you while I paint.”

“That would be great.” May replied with a smile. “Well, if thats the case, I guess i'll be heading back to my dorm, my roommate must be worried about me.”

Brendan and May said their goodbyes and May began to walk out the door while Brendan just started to pack up his art supplies and put them away. 'Well, that went pretty well.' Brendan thought to himself.

The days came and went rather quickly after that. As May made good on her words and visited Brendan at his art studio as often as she could for help in her classes. But it was more than that for her. She also enjoyed her conversations with Brendan, and she just felt happy around Brendan. She really couldn't explain why that was . Even Brendan had felt the same way and he knew that he had to ask the question soon or else. But he was hesitant for some strange reason, and even he could not figure out why.

Sometimes love comes around and it knocks you down
Just get back up when it knocks you down, knocks you down
Drew Rosebeau. The son from LaRousse's richest and most powerful family. Seventeen years old and also in his senior year at Rustboro High. Unlike Brendan, Jimmy and Lucas, Drew had made it into the school due completely to his family's reputation and wealth. His grades were mediocre, but, displayed great athletic talent. As he was the captain of the schools Baseball, Swimming and Track teams. Due to his major involvement in school activities and after school gatherings, easily made him among the most popular kids in the school. He, along with his own group of friends of fellow legacies like himself. Drew had a pair of piercing emerald green eyes that matched with his wavy green hair. Like all students, even he wore the standard school uniform. At the moment Drew and his friends were gathered at a table in the cafeteria, discussing the upcoming tests.

“So Drew, the big tests are next week. What do you have planned for after this?” Asked one of the boys, he had brown hair that were in large spikes with dark blue eyes.

“I'm not sure, Gary. I could take the easy way out and just go back home and prepare myself for the family business.” Drew had told his friend

“Business? What business? Your family owns half of LaRousse.” Gary had commented back.

“Exactly” Drew commented “I find that to be the cowards way out. I wish to challenge myself and aim for something much bigger than that.

“C'mon Drew, there really isn't much else that is bigger than owning half a City.” The other boy in the group spoke up. This boy had jet black hair that pointed out in three different directions. With bland Brown eyes.

“I don't know, Ash.” Drew answered in an annoyed tone. “That is why I will scout out my options in college.”

“Speaking of scouting out your options, you seriously need to stop trying to date all these girls out at once. It's really annoying because they keep on calling at the dorm, some of them even wait out our door for you to come back. Hell, there has even been some fights that broke out in front of our door because of you!” Ash commented as he knew that with all the popularity Drew has, many of the girls want to be by his side so that they can seem cool and above all the other girls at the school, or cause they know that he can buy them whatever they want.

“Hey, don't hate the player. Hate the game!” Drew commented back to Ash with a large smile on his face.

“I never said I was hating on you. It's that 'game' you play of 'how many girls can I juggle at once' game I'm having a problem with.” Ash shot back at Drew

“Ha ha ha ha! Alright, I get it, I guess I really should settle down.” Drew gave in with a laugh. “Well then, I'll be heading out for now”

I never thought I'd hear myself say
Y'all go ahead, I think I'm gonna kick it with my girl today
I used to be commander in chief of my pimp ship flyin high,
Drew got up out of his seat and took a few steps back without looking, then, he felt something large collide with the right side of his body. Judging from that, Drew had thought some idiot had just ran into him and turned towards the culprit and noticed it was a female. “Ow!” Moaned the girl

It was none other than May. Who seemed to have been in a hurry and without looking rushed into Drew and knocked her book bag she was holding off her shoulder, causing the books to pile out onto the floor. Drew, being the gentleman he was , helped her pick up everything.

“Oh I'm so sorry! Please, let me help you.” Drew had offered May and got down on his knees and began collecting books. He then noticed May and was taken back at her beauty. It was the nthat May had looked at who she had run into, and noticed that it was Drew. A small gasp had left her mouth, as well as a small flush of blood that rushed into her face, causing a small blush and she looked away quick.

'Til I met this pretty little missile that shot me out the sky
“I, I'm sorry, I should have looked where I was going.” May had told Drew, not trying to look like a total idiot in front of him.

“Don't you worry about it.” Drew said smoothly. “It's never a lady's fault for such incidents. The fault is all mine. Please forgive me.” He finished with a smile and May looked away from him again, this time she had let out a giggle.

“Really, you don't need to apologize. I wasn't even looking where I was going.” May had said again while receiving some of the fallen the books from Drew.

“I'll tell you what, because I wasn't looking where I was going either, we'll just call it even between us. Ok?” Drew then got up and offered his hand to help May up from the ground.

“Ok then.” May said and she took his hand as she got back up on her feet. She then found herself looking into his piercing green eyes and almost got lost as if she was in a forest.

“So, care to tell me your name?” Drew asked, and May was knocked back to earth.

“It's May.” She responded quietly.

“Well then, May.” Drew began, looking into her sapphire blue eyes. “Please allow me to treat you to something after classes as a token of my goodwill, and just to let you know, I won't take 'no' for an answer.”

May was speechless, was Drew asking her out? Her head was overwhelmed with thoughts. Drew, arguably the most popular boy in school, was asking her out. This was the kind of things that only happen in those teen drama movies. She decided to go for it. “Ok, that would be great.”

“Great,” Drew said with a big smile. “I'll see you after six, tonight, we'll meet in the front of the school.”

“Ok.” May said and she began to walk away from Drew and his group. Still looking at Drew with a smile on her face. Until she was out of their sights.

“Ok, seriously, what the hell were you and Ash just talking about?” Gary spoke up after that 'moment' Drew just had.

“What?” Drew played innocent.

“Seriously man, this has to stop.” Ash added as Drew walked away.

“Don't worry! This will be the one I'll stick with!” Drew told them. Drew had used this line all the time. But little did they know, Drew was actually serious about stopping. He had felt that May could be the one he could stay with.

“I don't know about that.” Gary had said to Ash in a low tone so that Drew, in a distance, could not hear.

Hate to know I'm crashin, don't know how it happened
But I know it feels so damn good
Said if I could go back and make it happen faster
Don't you know I would, baby, if I could
May's thoughts were circling as the day went on into the afternoon. Classes ended and she went back to her dorm to change out of her school uniform and into something a little more her. She walked into her dorm and found her roommate, Kelly, sitting at her desk in the corner of the living room. Kelly looked back from her desk and saw May hurrying over to their bedroom and closed the door. Kelly had short purple hair that was tied up with a red rag and wore a black shirt with some blue overalls. May case out from the room wearing a baby-blue t-shirt along with a black skirt that stretched down to her knees, with tall brown boots that went up to just below her knees.

“And just where are you going?” Kelly asked her roommate with a small smile.

“Drew asked me out tonight!” May had said excitedly “Isn't that great?”

Kelly's smile had faded as soon as she heard the name Drew. Drew? You mean Drew Rosebeau?”

“Yeah.” May answered.

“Listen up May, watch out for that guy.” Kelly said in a serious tone.

“What do you mean?” May asked.

“What? You don't remember?” Kelly asked in response to May. May simply shrugged her shoulders. “Ugh! We used to date! He had asked me out, and I was very excited about the whole thing. We dated for three months, at first, it was fine, he was nice and all, but afterwards. He stopped calling me. He would never be at his dorm, I could never find him anywhere! Then I caught him with another girl! He was cheating on me! And not just that, when I confronted her about, she obviously refused to believe it. Then when we went to find him, he was with ANOTHER girl! He was cheating on the both of us!”

May just stood there and took it all in. She had indeed remembered, she had to comfort Kelly when it happened. She knew it was an ex-boyfriend, she just didn't know it was Drew that was the ex-boyfriend. “What should I do?” May asked

“Just forget it.” Kelly said. “Simple as that, don't even bother.”

“Well, at the very least, I have to at least turn him down tonight.” May had said as she proceeded to grab her large brown coat. “I'll see you in a minute, this shouldn't take long.” and walked out the door.

May thought little of what Kelly had told her. She simply thought of it as Kelly was jealous of Drew asking her out. May then felt bad about that thought immediately after. She knew she meant well and was only looking after her. But this was Drew she was talking about. Although May has heard stories about him. May had felt that if she puts in an extra effort. She could be the one who changes him. A pitiful thought, in all honesty.

May had reached the front of campus first, as Drew hadn't made it yet. May had stood there for a few minutes before she had saw him in the distance. He was wearing a dark gray long sleeved dress shirt and plain blue jeans. A rather simple outfit for someone of his status.

“Hey there” Drew made it next to May.

“Hey” May simply commented back, no longer giddy around him.

“Alright then, shall we?” Drew said, holding out his arm bent so that May could intertwine hers with his, which May had done with a smile and both of them walked off into the City.

Drew had taken May to a small, but rather nice, cafe where he and May had ordered their respective drinks and snacks. They began to talk about their own times in school, Drew about his experiences in the school sports, and May with her own studies. Then, May decided to ask him.

“So,” May began. “Tell me something, I hear a lot of stories about you and your, how should I put this, time with several females around the school.”

“You mean, how I dated a lot of girls at school?”

“Yes.”

Drew just sat back into his chair and gave a large sigh. “Yes, there was a time when I was dumb enough to try and be with three girls at once. “ Drew confirmed. “But, that wasn't just then, it has been happening all my years while I was here.” He went on. “It was all my fault. I was younger, and I noticed all the attention I was getting and I craved it then the more I got, the more I wanted more, and more, and more. The it all came crashing down on me. That got me thinking, a lot. Then I thought to myself, this isn't how I wanted it to turn out. I let my popularity get the best of me and played with fire and got burned. I don't want to deal with that again.”

“Really now?” May said, sounding unconvinced. “You know, it is easy to just say you've stopped.”

Miss independent to the fullest
“Really.” Repeated Drew. “It's something I don't expect you to believe and I understand. Especially since you really don't know what it's like when it all fell apart. It hurt more than any type of physical pain than you think. I've spent my time since then just thinking about it. Now that my time at this school is almost done, I feel as though I should settle with just one girl.”

The load never too much, she helpin' my pull it
She shot the bullet that ended that life
After that moment he had, May just sat there and did not say a word. Drew then proceeded to take another drink from his cup. He then placed his cup down on the table and rested his hand next to it as he began to look out into the city lights. It was the then that he felt a hand rest onto his own, he looked over to see and it was May who had rested her hand on his. He looked at her ans saw a small smile staring into him. It was then that he returned the smile back at her.

I swear to you the pimp in me just died tonight, girl.

May really wasn't sure if she had made the right choice, but, she was willing to find out. She now spent a lot of her free time over the next couple of days with Drew, going to his practices after class and even going out for dinner on several occasions. Now considered boyfriend and girlfriend, they held hands, hugged, and even kissed. Now she couldn't help but feel as though she had forgot something.

“Hm, she didn't show up again, ah well, the painting is done now. I'll drop off an invitation for the art exhibition later.” Brendan had finished with the final coloring on the drawing of May and placed it on the table next to the window for overnight keeping. He then took off his art hat and his apron and set them to the side and locked up and walked towards May's dorm. When he had gotten there, Kelly, May's roommate, had told Brendan that she did not know where May had been and that she had been going out like this for the past few days. This slightly concerned Brendan but he did not press on, so he left the invitation with Kelly.

The time had come for the infamous S.W.I.A.T's; The State Wide Intelligence Assessment Test which are given as a final for every subject for seniors. The score you get combined from all subjects determines a final universal score, and depending on your score, you can receive scholarships for colleges and what not. The tests had proved difficult, even for Brendan. After a week of grueling formulas and equations. He was about ready to take a big rest now that it's done, and just enjoy the last two weeks of school. Starting off with the School Art Exhibition where the final works of all the Art students will be displayed and judged.

Upon the day of the exhibition, Brendan had gotten out of the shower and was getting ready for the event. He had already put on a pair of boxers and a tank top whrn his roommate, Lucas, busted into the bedroom wit ha stack of letters.

“Hey hey there, I didn't think you thought of me in 'that' way.” Lucas jokingly commented with a smile.

“Yeah, well, after 3 years of living with you, I have reached my limit and must take action.” Brendan shot back as he put on some black slacks.

“Speaking of taking action, what about May?” Lucas asked as he sat down at his desk and started sorting out the mail he had picked up from the dorm box. “I noticed you kinda stopped hanging out with her, and you even had this look of worry on your face.”

“I'm not exactly sure.” Brendan answered. “I haven't seen her this past week and a half. I wonder how she did on the tests, after I spent all that time helping her prepare, and the tests were pretty hard, even for me.”

“Speaking of results, looks like the wave of college acceptance letters are starting to pile in.” Lucas said as he began to separate which ones were his and Brendan's. It would appear that they had scored pretty high as there were many letters from several colleges. “Oh? You're gonna love this Brendan. You got a letter from the G.B.I.”

Brendan immediately looked towards Lucas and saw that he waved a single letter in his hand. He then grabbed it and opened the letter and began to read out loud.

Dear Brendan Y. Birch

We are pleased to offer you a full internship to the Global Bureau of Intelligence without the requirement of a college degree. We have been reviewing your progress since your High School assessment testing and we are impressed with your results over the past 3 years and are willing to waiver the college requirement for your admittance . You will be fully accommodated during your internship and depending on your performance, could be an agent within 3 years. Afterwards, you will be apart of an organization that stands among the leaders of the world and you will be surrounded by some of the most brilliant minds in the world, much like yourself. With a starting wage of P1,000,000 per Year.

Should you take advantage of this very rare opportunity, we have enclosed contact information of our nearest research center in your area. Please make contact with an agent of the center and inform them of yourself , and they will take care of the rest.

We look forward to hearing from you

sincerely

Kevin “Orian” Hewitt;
Lead International Researcher
Brendan read the letter several more times to make sure it was not a joke. Both, he, and Lucas, were speechless. The G.B.I, Only the brightest of scholars ever joined this prestigious organization. An organization that his father, a professor himself, was not able to gain acceptance to. Brendan's heart was racing. He was so excited, he wanted to jump for joy.

“Are you going to join?” Lucas asked?

That question brought Brendan back to earth. He was speechless. He looked back down at the letter. “I, don't know.”

“What do you mean you don't know!?” Lucas exclaimed. “This is the G.B.I, it doesn't get any better than that for us.”

“Yeah but...,” Brendan began and then the closed his eyes and had a vision of May smiling at him. “I'd be away from home for a long time, away from family, away from friends and away from...”

“G.B.I!” Lucas said loudly at Brendan again “G.B.I!! wait..., oh Don't tell me you're going to decline because of May! That's crazy!!”

Brendan looked back at Lucas and just put a smile on his face. “Perhaps I will” Brendan folded the letter back up and placed it back in the envelope and set it on his desk and finished getting ready for the art exhibition.

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
*******s It was too long.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell me now can you make it past your caspers
So we can finally fly off into NASA

Brendan had gotten ready and went off to the school auditorium where his and several other art students works will be displayed. When he arrived, he had seen that the building was filled with all the art students from all different grades as well as the art instructors and several of their colleagues. Brendan made his way around, shook some hands, and even discussed art techniques. Many people had asked who the girl was in his portrait. He would reply 'a close friend'. Finally she came.

“Brendan!” May yelled from across the hall. Brendan turned to see her approaching him. Brendan was blown away from her appearance. She simply wore a dark blue dress that went down to her knees. Her brow hair was all tied up behind her head with a few strands that hung over her forehead.

You was always the cheerleader of my dreams

“You look absolutely beautiful.” Brendan commented, still scanning her from head to toe.

“He he, why thank you.” May said with a wink. “You like the dress?”

“Yes, it suits you perfectly.”

“I had just got it recently.” May added.

“Really?”

“Yeah, and I bought it for her.” An unfamiliar voice to Brendan had said from nowhere had said until he came into view. He wore a white long sleeved dress shirt wit ha black vest over with a tie inside. A suit without a jacket. All in all.

“Oh! There you are Drew.” May had said while she stood by his side. Brendan did not what to think of this. Was that Drew Rosebeau? The most popular guy in the school?

That always seem to date the head of football teams

“Brendan, This is Drew, Drew, this is Brendan, he's a long time friends of mine.” May had introduced them to each other.

“Pleasure to meet you.” Drew had said while extending his hand out to Brendan's for a hand shake.

“Pleasure's all mine” Brendan replied while warping his hand over Drew's. Both had squeezed their hands trying to set their dominance, both looking into each other's eyes. “So, May, where have you been this past week? You never came to finish studying.”

“Oh, that, ummm, Honestly, I forgot.” may had said while putting a goofy look on her face. In reality, she didn't want to let him know that she had skipped purposely to be with Drew.

“Oh, well then, how did you do on your tests?”

“Eh, heh heh. Not well at all.” She said embarrassingly. “I guess I should have kept on going to study. But, enough of me, how about you? How much did you score?”

“A perfect score on all subjects.” Brendan said emotionlessly.

“Haha, of course you'd score perfect, all you do is study.” Drew had commented, probably thinking it was a joke. A joke that Brendan did not find funny at all.

“Heh, yeah, well, not all of us are handed wealth. Some of us have to work hard and make sacrifices to achieve what we want.” Brendan shot back at Drew, which he caught on, and proceeded to glare at Brendan, and he glared back.

“So, Brendan, where is the portrait at?” May quickly asked, sensing the tension between them. Brendan then proceeded to lead them to the artwork.

Afterwards, as everyone was piling out of the auditorium, May had gone a head to talk to a friend that had also attended the exhibition. While she was away, Brendan was sitting alone at a table. Continuing to look at May.

And I was the class clown that always kept you laughin
We were never meant to be, baby we just happened

when Drew walked up to Brendan. “Hey.” Drew barked lowly as he sat next to Brendan.

“Yes?” Brendan tried to be polite.

“So, I know you're a brainy person and all, and I noticed your reactions today. So, all I'm going to say is; Stay away from her.”

“...and who the hell do you think you are giving me orders like that?” Brendan hissed back.

“I think I'm someone who will do something about it.” Drew added, while giving Brendan the coldest stare he had ever seen in his life. “I'm only giving you a warning because she seems to really like you... as a friend.” With that, Drew got up and walked over to May and walked away with his arm around May's shoulders.

So please, don't mess up the trick
hey young world, I'm the new Slick Rick

Brendan was not the one to take threats lightly. He decided to try and get May alone and spill his heart out to her. So for the next few days he would have to closely watch them for an opportunity. When he found one.

They say I move too quick, but we can't let this moment pass us
Let the hourglass pass right into ashes

Brendan had noticed May was sitting alone at the lunch table with her friends so he decided to go up and grab her and take her outside to talk to her. Just as he got close, he felt a large set of hands grab onto his shoulders and dragged him outside instead.

“I figured you wouldn't listen to me.” Drew was now standing before him in front of the courtyard. “Let him go”. The set of hands let him go, Brendan looked around him to see that it was actually two people who had carried him outside. It was Gary and another boy with shoulder length purple hair. Brendan had recognized as Paul. One of Drew's friends. “Tim to pay the piper.”

Brendan turned around only to see Drew send his right fist into Brendan's side and knocked the wind out of him. Brendan then fell onto his knees and drew started to kick him while he was down. The commotion had gotten around and a large group of students gathered around to see the fight. Drew then just stood there. Watching Brendan craw on the ground.

“Get up.” Drew demanded. “Come on, let's see if you can fight as well as you're smart!” Brendan slowly got back on his feet. His ribcage feeling hot from the damage that it was just dealt, but Brendan headed the pain and motioned for Drew to come at him.

“Bring it.” Brendan was barley able to say. Drew had then charged towards Brendan with another right, except Brendan was ready this time, as he sidestepped and all of Drew's weight was in that punch as he went off balance as his fist did not connect.

Let the wind blow the ash right before my glasses

Brendan seized the opportunity and sent a right hook punch onto Drew's face and connected. Drew's head snapped to the left with his arms lowered, making him even more defenseless. Brendan sent a left hook this time, once again connecting. Drew took two steps back and now a little dazed. Then Brendan send his right fist back out, but this time landing a punch onto Drew's stomach, the force of the punch caused Drew to lean forward to exhale wherein Brendan dealt the final blow, a left uppercut that connected to Drew's chin which caused him to fall backwards. Brendan had landed a perfect combo and had put all his weight into the last punch, which caused a piece of paper to fly out of Brendan's pocket.

So I wrote this love letter right before my classes.

Brendan stood triumphantly over Drew. Causing the crowd around to cheer in excitement. He looked back down at Drew, he was groggy and was still trying to gather his thoughts as to what had just happened. “Oh my, Drew!” Brendan heard May's voice from behind him. May had ran towards him, shoving Brendan out of the way. “What was this all about!?” May demanded.

“May, I...” Brendan tried to explain to May, but she had cut him off.

“Is that all about me?” may asked. “Were you really that jealous as to fight Drew? Did you think that was supposed to impress me!?” May started to get angry. Yet, she would not let Brendan talk

How could a goddess ask someone whose average for advice

“May, please, listen to..” Brendan tried to explain again, but again was cut off.

“Oh please Brendan, Drew told me everything. About how you're jealous of him, and how you threat him!” May added wit ha much more angry voice.

“May!” Brendan raised his voice now. “You know me better than that! How could you even thin of me in that light?”

O.M.G, you listen to that bi*ch?
Woe is me, baby this is tragic, cause we had it
we was magic.

“Please.” May added. “People change. And I can see it in you.”

Brendan felt hurt at those words. “What?” Brendan then reached into his pocket to look for something, he could not find it. Could it have flown out when he fought? He now felt at a loss of words.

I was flying, now I'm crashing

“But May I love you!” Brendan yelled back at May, he had finally said it, although this was the worst possible time to have said it, and it proved to be right.

“Please, Brendan. Just go away!” May looked away and did not want to say anything else, for fear that she might cry.

This is bad, real bad, Michael Jackson

Brendan walked away with his held held down, forcing his way throughout the crowd who was still gathered and had witnessed the whole ordeal. Several students were actually congratulating Brendan on putting up a good fight, especially knocking Drew down, which many students considered a great accomplishment. Tears started to stream down Brendan. The first time in many years since he had shed a tear. After that, he felt something else inside him. He began to feel like it wasn't worth it.

Now I'm mad, real mad, Joe Jackson
You should leave your boyfriend now, I'ma ask him

Several days had passed since the incident. Although it was a fight on school campus, staff members decided to let this incident pass since they had both already technically graduated and would be out of the school before a proper punishment was handed. Graduation Day finally came and everyone received their diplomas. What May found rather odd was that Brendan was not at the ceremony, yet, Brendan was named Valid Victorian by the headmaster of the school.

Later that night Drew had taken May to a graduation party that was being thrown by all three Ash, Drew and Gary together at a small hall near campus. Most of the senior class was there enjoying themselves as this would be the last get together of all seniors. The party itself was pretty nice, which included full catered food and a band playing music.

Say you gotta take the good, the bad, the happy and the sad
But when you bring a better future than I had in the past.

May was just walking around, talk with some of her classmates about the future and what they were going to do. Many of them were heading out to college, some were going to become Pokemon trainers. Many were going back to work at their parents business. May really, even to this point, did not know what to do. She did not score high enough on her tests to get into a good college, which means her father may have to pay yet again for her to go on. She was fine with that, as long as she was with Drew, she had felt fine. Speaking of which, she hadn't seen him in a while, she was wondering where he had gone.

She asked around and was directed to the back end of the hall where several rooms were. She asked around again, and they directed her to one of the rooms. May had knocked, but no answer, perhaps the music from the band was loud that you could not hear so she had let herself in. What she saw left a look of horror on her face.

“Drew!?” May had just walked in on Drew kissing and holding another girl, basically making out with her. Drew had heard the door open and immediately looked to see May with the look of shock on her face.

“May!!” Drew said loud and nervously, clearly unprepared as to what to say.

“May?” The girl looked at May, and she saw that it was Dawn, her friend.

“What the hell Dawn!?' May exclaimed.

“Drew told me you guys broke up earlier today!” Dawn tried to defend herself. May then proceeded to look back at Drew. He had a look of guilt on his face, as if it were true. Although, May didn't seem that bright. There were many times where she could easily spot a lie, and this, unfortunately for her, was one of those times.

May's face went from shock to anger, as she started to storm out the hall. Dawn then caught up wit hher and tried to talk to her. May, listen please! I swear I didn't know you two were still going out!”

“Oh we're not!” May barked at Dawn. “You can have him!” and continued to storm out the hall. Only to be stopped by Drew.

“May please! This was a mistake.” Drew had said. May had simply looked at him, and did not say a word, she just simply took her right hand and slapped him as hard as she could. Which cause a lot of on lookers to shout. May then ran out of the hall. She just ran, she wasn't even looking where she was going, but she knew she was back on campus as she had noticed some familiar buildings. She then tripped and fell off a tree root.

Cause I don't wanna make the same mistakes I did
I don't wanna fall back on my face again
it was then that she had decided to just sit under the tree and cry her eyes out. Much time had passed and she felt as though she was not going to stop any time soon. More time had passed, and she had stopped at last and it was then that she had heard some footsteps from behind her. She turned to look and see who it was, it was her roommate Kelly.

“You know,” Kelly began. “I really hate to rub things in on people, but, in your case...”

“Shut up!” May yelled. “You were right, I was wrong!! Is that what you wanted to hear!?”

“Kind of.” Kelly said. “But seriously why did you even out out with him when I warned you?” Kelly then sat next to May under the tree.

May had wiped the tears from her eyes. “I just, thought he had changed, he had told me eh changed.” Kelly, unknowing to May, had rolled her eyes.

“Of course, people like him never change, no matter what they say. To them, it's just words.” Kelly had said. “Still, I can't believe that you chose him over that Brendan guy who was really into you.”

May then looked at Kelly. “What do you mean?”

“Please, I could tell that Brendan was trying to ask you out. He always seemed to be there for you, he helped you study, and...” Kelly pulled a piece of paper out from her pocket and handed it to May.

“What's this?” May had asked, but Kelly said nothing and May began to read it. It was a love letter from Brendan.

“Where did you find this?” May asked

“It fell out of Brendan's pocket when he was fighting Drew.” Kelly replied

The more she had read, the more she felt bad about yelling at him.

'May

I know this is not a good way to be telling you this. But, I guess this is really the best way for me to express myself. I guess the first thing I can say is that I love you. Sure, love is a strong word, a very strong word. And even someone like me can easily misuse such a word, But, I know enough that this is the right word to describe my feelings for you.

It really all started when we met as kids many years back. When I first met you when I moved into town and you welcomed me when I was the really shy new kid in town. You would always come over and drag me outside and play with you. You always made me feel like I belonged, and I thank you for that. My feelings did not start to brew until you moved away. I felt lonely again and wanted to be with you again. I missed your smile, I missed your sweet voice, your carefree attitude, I could go on forever. I could have gone to any other school in the country, but I wanted to be closer to you, so I chose Rustboro High. Heh heh, I just realized that this almost sounds like I'm a stalker at this point.

Joking aside, I now know that you seem to be dating Drew. I guess I should have figured that a person like me could never win your heart. Especially with someone like Drew. You deserve to be happy, and if you're happy, then that's all I could really ask for. Even if it means sacrificing my own happiness.

I felt at least I could get this off my chest before we get out of school and I could never let it out. You seem happy with Drew, so this really isn't a letter of making you choose, cause you seem to have made that choice. I just wanted to let you know my feelings.

Take care.
Brendan.

May just sat there. Rereading the letter several times over. She felt more tears coming.

“See?” Kelly said. “Why go for some jerk like Drew when a perfectly good catch was right under your nose? Granted, I believe that he should have just flat out told you. But, I could see where he was coming from.”

May looked at Kelly. “What is that?”

“You know.” replied Kelly. “The whole we're friends, but if you don't feel the same way, the friendship is tainted.”

May then reflected back to their last encounter where Brendan had fought Drew. She could remember Brendan had yelled that he had loved her, and she just turned him away. Now, she started to feel really bad. She had to see Brendan. She then got up at bolted towards the dormitory.

“Hello?” May had knocked on the dorm, but no answer. She had wondered if they had already moved out of the dorm. Then finally after ten minutes of knocking, someone answered the door.

“What the hell do you want?” The boy answered, half asleep, was none other than Lucas. His eyes were half open and were still trying to adjust to the light and finally noticed it was May. “Oh, it's you.”

“Please, I need to see Brendan.” May said quickly.

“Too late.” Lucas responded.

“What?”

“Yeah, he moved out the dorm a few days ago.” Lucas informed her of the news.

“Can you tell me where he went?” May asked.

“Why should I?” Lucas said with a cold stare on his face. “After how you treated him?”

May was in no mood to hear Lucas' moody attitude so she just forced her way into the dorm and pushed Lucas towards a wall “Now listen to me!” May said in a raised voice. “At this point I am in no mood myself for your little comments. Now, I need to talk to Brendan and you're going to tell me right here, right now!”

“Ok, ok! Damn!” Lucas said while forcing May off of him. “He went back home to Littleroot to say goodbye to his dad.”

“What do you mean 'goodbye to his dad'?” May questioned further.

“Brendan was offered an internship for the Global Bureau of Intelligence, which he accepted. According to him, he's leaving the country to intern for an International research center. And before you ask, I don't know how long he will be gone.” Lucas told May everything.

May then proceeded to jolt out of the dorm and off campus to the bus station. It was late, but May had hoped that there were still some buses that ran to Littleroot. Luckily, there was one more bus that would take her straight there. The bus ride had took all night to arrive to Littleroot. Which was fine as May slept on the bus.

I'll admit it, I was scared to answer loves call

May had reached Brendan's house only to find his father home and informing her that he had left just minutes ago to the ferry port. May was getting tired of running, but this was her last shot at getting to Brendan. So, this time she ran with all she had. She could see the ocean and then the port with the big ferry boat, and then she saw him. He was wearing black pants with a black and red shirt and had two suitcases in his hands and was ready to board the ferry boat.

And if it hits better make it worth the first when it comes around

“Brendan!!” May had yelled at the top of her lungs as still continued to run towards the boat. Brendan did not hear. She then got closer and yelled again, her voice already hurting. Still no reaction from Brendan. Then it was too late Brendan had boarded the boat as soon as May reached the platform they drew the bridge and the boat started to drift away.

May could only watch as the boat drifted further and further away from her. May then fell to her knees. She couldn't make it. She couldn't tell him how she had felt.

Sometimes love comes around, and it knocks you down

Ten Years Later...

Won't see it coming when it happens, but when it happens
you're gonna feel let me tell you now
See when love comes it knocks you down

May had scribbled those words in her little notebook as she sat at a small table in a small coffee shop in Littleroot Town. She then closed her book and walked into the back of the shop and saw two other, younger workers who were taking off their aprons.

“Alright, thanks a lot you two. I'm closing up, I'll see you tomorrow.” May had said sweetly to the two employees of the small coffee shop. For you see, May is the owner of the small coffee shop nestled in the center of Littleroot Town, which had grown in the past ten years. May and the two employees all walked outside of the shop and May locked up and all parted separate ways. May wore a long black sweater with tight blue jeans as she threw on her brown overcoat. Due to the autumn wind that blew with force. May had rather enjoyed the Autumn wind as she untied her hair and let it flow in the wind.

“...and you can let 'Coronis' know that when I return from my vacation, that'll be one of the first things I deal with. But for now, I'm going to relax for once.” The stranger had said as he closed his cell phone and placed it in it's pouch that hung on a single strap that also carried a laptop computer. The stranger stood on a ferry boat that was about to dock onto Littleroot Harbor. The gentleman wore a large black trench coat that only went down to his knees and was tied at the waist. Under the trench coat he wore a proper business suit as well as black gloved on his hands. His jet black hair also rustling in the wind, thought, it wasn't much longer than it was ten years ago. He then adjusted his glasses which he wore more often now due to the constant reading. Brendan Birch had returned to Littleroot after ten years.

“My, my.” Brendan looked around as the boat started to dock. “Looks like this place has been prosperous.” Brendan returned home since he hadn't seen any of his family or friends since he had left for the internship. In which time, he climbed the ladder of the G.B.I to just recently becoming the new Lead International Researcher. However, he is right now on vacation for one month due to the length of his last mission which lasted two years. Brendan also finally grew tired of the busy city life that he was surrounded by the last ten years. So, he felt a trip back home would refresh himself. He began walking around Littleroot to see all the new buildings. Rather impressed at the growth of the Town, he then found his way to a small cafe that was closed for the day. The cafe really wasn't that special.

Brendan got closer to the cafe and looked inside and it seemed like any other cafe you would find. But then he noticed something. In the corner of the cafe near the cash register, there hung a painting. A painting of a high school girl sitting on a chair studying. The painting he had done of May back when he was in High School. Brendan was slightly taken back as to how this person had gotten a hold of the painting. He then proceeded to wander around the town more.

He then found his way to the outer regions of the Town and as he walked up the gentle slop that lead to the road to the next town the wind picked up and suddenly a small black book flew onto his leg. He picked it up and saw the words that were on the page he opened it at

Won't see it coming when it happens but when it happens
You're gonna feel it let me tell you now
See when love comes it knocks you down

“Oh, thank you so much for grabbing that booklet!” May had said to the strange person, as she couldn't tell who it was from a distance. As soon as she got close enough to grab the booklet from him, she let out a gasp after she realized who it was.

Brendan stood there with a blank expression on his face as he knew well it was May. Brendan could not believe how beautiful May still was. Of course his face wouldn't say it, but he felt a surge of emotions inside of him that he learned to keep inside after years of traveling the world. “Hey.” He simply said.

“Hi.” Was all May said, she too was very excited to see Brendan after all these years, yet, She felt shame. Especially after what had happened back at Rustboro High. “It's been a long time.”

“Yes it has.” Brendan said back at May.

“What brings you back?” May had asked.

“I'm on a rather long vacation and I needed to get away from life in Jericho City. I swear, living there can take a lot out of a person.” Brendan had said when a very faint grin crept onto his face. There was a long silence again. Then May decided to talk.

“Um, Brendan. I just want to say, about what happened back in High School...” May tried to continue but Brendan cut her off.

“That was ten years ago. I tried hard to forget about that. So, thanks for reminding me about it.” Brendan said, in a monotone again.

“No, I was stupid, I should have noticed that you..” once again May tried to talk but Brendan cut her off.

“I said it's fine.” Brendan said, his voice a little louder than before. “We were kids, we didn't know anything.”

May just looked down. “But I read your letter. I just wanted to let you know that I still...” Yet again, Brendan put his up and stopped May from speaking more.

“I get it.” Brendan said again. “This really isn't the best place for us to be reminiscing.”

May then looked into Brendan's eyes, and she saw that look that he had ten years back. “I see. Well then, shall we discuss more over a cup of coffee?” May had asked

Finally after all that, Brendan let a smile out. “Sure, that'd be great.” he then held his arm out for May to grab as they walked back down into town together.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Needed two posts to fit it in.

damn

Last edited:

Marichi

:'D Welcome home, everyone~ <3

@Healing-D-Vision: Aw~ Nicely done. It was sweet. Love the artsy aspect of the story~ and it was interesting to see the painting return at the end of the story. I'm glad you ended the story on a happy note -I was beginning to worry there. ^^

@CC: lol It's happen to me too. How did we end up becoming workaholics who don't even know our own limits? xD

@Cherz: Thank you~ Don't worry, I understand. Life is just so busy now... but thanks for coming by today! [hugs] c:

@ Seq: Nu-uh~ You probably draw May better than me when you're using a perfectly fine tablet or even the traditional pen and paper! xD Hey~ when your tablet's fixed, we should have a Hoennshipping drawing session on iScribble sometime. 8D

@HS festival: Time? Just how much is our time zones conflicting? Date? I'm good after June, but that's a bit far away... Does a weekend work for everyone? Theme? D: Spring? Summer? School festival? The beach? ...let's brainstorm.

Sequoia

I lost my post rawr. T^T

@HDV: ;n; So sweet~ I love how you brought in all the different characters. Especially Ash. 8D It's infuriating sometimes when you realise Ash is being a numbskull but everyone just goes "aww, Ash!", but he gets bashed this time. Yeahhhh.

@Chiiiiiii: iScribble! 8D I think I'll get a new tablet pen for my birthday. Which is in August. <3

@S.S. Seesaw: The first post IS a post, so mine would be 400. =v= (How come we're celebrating 400, but not 100, 200, or 300? o_O)
TR33, am I. :'D too much Star Wars lulz

@HS Festival: I think I'm the only one on GMT+10 (cos Kam's not here T^T), so it'll have to be a weekend~ Festival should be a whole day anyway so it doesn't matter. XD

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
You know the funny thing about my fic is that I really find it hypocritical because I personally hate reading love triangle fics. Mainly because May almost always ends up with Drew.

damn it Mairichi, your pics inspired me to make something small and sort of related to your "Notes on a wall"

--------------------------------------------

When Brendan accepted the position of Lead International Researcher, he knew that many challenges were ahead of him and that it would be a demanding job. He just didn't know how much of a demand it would be. You see, the job of the L.I.R is to oversee, provide assistance and maintain stability of the flow of Information between Neighboring countries within his jurisdiction. Which happened to be the entire continent of over 24 countries over 4 different timezones. So, by that alone. Sleep is a luxury he did not have. He has been at it for six months, and tomorrow he had to travel to one of his countries and oversee the process of an experimental weapon. Fun

This night in particular did not seem any different. Brendan was in his office that was located in Jericho City. On the other side of the World from Hoenn. Sitting at his desk and on his computer, inputing data of the results of a previously completed Class A mission. Afterwards, He would then have to input more data that consisted of newly discovered information of some legendary Pokemon. And then, after that he would have to read over several proposals that needed his approval and become missions so that several of his underlings can go and research. So, yeah, Looks like sleep isn't on his schedule tonight.

“Ok sir. I'm heading out for the night, please try not to stay too late in your office.” Brendan's receptionist had told him.

“Alright then, goodnight and i'll see you tomorrow.” Brendan had said without taking his eyes off his computer screen. His receptionist proceeded to take her leave.

Hours passed, of course Brendan did not notice due to his work. But then his work cell phone began to beep. And for the first time in what seemed like ages, Brendan looked away from his computer screen. He took his phone out from it's pouch which rested next to him on his desk and opened it. It was a text message from May. Brendan looked at his clock. It was three A.M. Wow, three A.M? Bendan then calculated the timezone differences, and in fact, it was actually only eight P.M in Littleroot Town.

Hey Brendan I just wanted to tell you to lay off and relax, I know you're still up. Your work isn't going anywhere. Get some sleep!! You really need it.

Luv you and hope to see you soon
May

Brendan just looked at the message and smiled. For once, he was going to listen to May. He only had two more proposals to look over. He could do it tomorrow night. He then saved his process and shut down his computer. Grabbed his laptop carrying case and placed it over his left shoulder. And grabbed his phone and before he left his office. He did his nightly look over the Jericho City skyline. A beautiful view of the city always calmed him and kept him inspired to go that extra mile. Now he has another thing that kept him going.

----------------------------------

yeah, kinad like a sequel to my fic. sort of :/

:'D Welcome home, everyone~ <3

@Healing-D-Vision: Aw~ Nicely done. It was sweet. Love the artsy aspect of the story~ and it was interesting to see the painting return at the end of the story. I'm glad you ended the story on a happy note -I was beginning to worry there. ^^

@CC: lol It's happen to me too. How did we end up becoming workaholics who don't even know our own limits? xD

@Cherz: Thank you~ Don't worry, I understand. Life is just so busy now... but thanks for coming by today! [hugs] c:

@ Seq: Nu-uh~ You probably draw May better than me when you're using a perfectly fine tablet or even the traditional pen and paper! xD Hey~ when your tablet's fixed, we should have a Hoennshipping drawing session on iScribble sometime. 8D

@HS festival: Time? Just how much is our time zones conflicting? Date? I'm good after June, but that's a bit far away... Does a weekend work for everyone? Theme? D: Spring? Summer? School festival? The beach? ...let's brainstorm.
Good to be back, and even more so to see everyone else back. ^^

I actually could not come up with words adequately describing how much I loved his fic, so I'm just going to say that I agree with you on all counts. XD

I suppose we just get so absorbed in our work that we forget our limits and go overboard. xD In the cases where that happens, though, I hope we at least manage to produce something good that's worth the time. ^^

Hopefully, we'll all finish our work in time so we can all be together again. c:

People, people! I'm sure you're both equally masterful artists! ^^ And besides, everyone is better at it than me...

I'm free about the same time as you. As for theme, I rather like "school festival" and "beach", but I'd also like to spend some more time brainstorming, just to be sure.

I lost my post rawr. T^T

@HDV: ;n; So sweet~ I love how you brought in all the different characters. Especially Ash. 8D It's infuriating sometimes when you realise Ash is being a numbskull but everyone just goes "aww, Ash!", but he gets bashed this time. Yeahhhh.

@S.S. Seesaw: The first post IS a post, so mine would be 400. =v= (How come we're celebrating 400, but not 100, 200, or 300? o_O)
TR33, am I. :'D too much Star Wars lulz

@HS Festival: I think I'm the only one on GMT+10 (cos Kam's not here T^T), so it'll have to be a weekend~ Festival should be a whole day anyway so it doesn't matter. XD
It happens. ^^;;

I like fics that combine all the characters together too. ^^ Ash's portrayal in this one actually seemed to be an aversion of usual way; he seemed like the only one in Drew's circle with any kind of sense.

Hey, I just follow what the display says, and it said "400" after my post. xDD But, really, why should siblings squabble over such trivial affairs?
Yeah, that's kinda weird; I'd have thought we'd celebrate over the 100th post. o_O;
Evidently not enough, since Yoda says "[x], I am", not "[x], am I". XP

Yes, I like the weekend idea! That way, it's guaranteed I won't be busy doing homework into the wee hours of the morning. ><;;

So you guys are planning a festival? O: *lost*

Um, yeah...I told HDV what I think of his fic--it's really cute/pretty. :3
Yep! We're still working out the details, though, so no need to worry. ^^

Once again, I agree on all counts. ^_^

HDV said:
You know the funny thing about my fic is that I really find it hypocritical because I personally hate reading love triangle fics. Mainly because May almost always ends up with Drew.
I often find that stuff that I wouldn't have normally thought of tends to find its way into my work, too. Perhaps it's a quirk of the creative process?
Well, of course May ends up with Drew in most of them; most of those kinds of fics are written by Contestshippers, unfortunately.

Yoshi-kun

Wandering the Forums
Wow O.O you guys post a lot, I guess it's been awhile since I posted on a thread this active. ^ ^;

@Healing-D-Vision: Woah, kudos to you for making a fic, kind of a tragedy/angst fic, I liked the ending, and showed off their personalities well. Though... the Contestshipping didn't seem very Contestshippy... (but I'm used to him arrogantly taunting her and her yelling), you nailed the the Hoennshipping.

And Brendan is almost always way OOC (well in the ones I've seen). Unless it's Advanceshipping and "take your pick's" the rival so she can end up with Ash. Then there was that weird one I vaguely remember that had a Brendan x May x Ash x Misty (x Brendan again) polygon. oO

@Sequoia: I'd love to have a tablet pen too. Heck, I'd love to have a scanner... T T -has been stuck ever since her scanner messed up with MS Paint-

Though, I could still try make something. :) Hoennshipping is fanart love. <3

And why am I having such bad lags? >>; *glares at the forum*

Last edited:
Wow O.O you guys post a lot, I guess it's been awhile since I posted on a thread this active. ^ ^;

@Healing-D-Vision: Woah, kudos to you for making a fic, kind of a tragedy/angst fic, I liked the ending, and showed off their personalities well. Though... the Contestshipping didn't seem very Contestshippy... (I'm used to arrogantly taunting her and her yelling), you nailed the the Hoennshipping.

And Brendan is almost always an jerk (well in the ones I've seen). Unless it's Advanceshipping and "take your pick's" the rival so she can end up with Ash. Then there was that weird one I vaguely remember that had a Brendan x May x Ash x Misty (x Brendan again) polygon. oO

@Sequoia: I'd love to have a tablet pen too. Heck, I'd love to have a scanner... T T -has been stuck ever since her scanner messed up with MS Paint-

Would you believe that this is actually low-level activity by our usual standards? XD

Yeah, I thought he did a good job giving everyone distinct and interesting personalities, too. Drew did seem slightly OOC, but I think it was an acceptable concession, given the fic's drastically different atmosphere and setting compared to the canon universe.

I know; a lot of Contestshippers seem to enjoy demonising Brendan in their stories. >_< It's perplexing, really, considering he only showed up in the anime for a few seconds and never said two words to May or Drew. And yet, they see fit to turn him into this. Sometimes with shades of this. Seriously?
He's usually less of a jerk in Advanceshipping fics, though. You saw what now? o_O;;

Oh, another artist, are we? Between you, Jane (Sequoia), and Marichi, perhaps we could amass a nice little collection of art in due time. ^^

Sounds like a plan!

Happens all the time, I'm afraid. >>;;

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
And Brendan is almost always way OOC (well in the ones I've seen). Unless it's Advanceshipping and "take your pick's" the rival so she can end up with Ash. Then there was that weird one I vaguely remember that had a Brendan x May x Ash x Misty (x Brendan again) polygon. oO

Wow, that's one heck of a polygon. ._. I can see where Brendan x May x Ash x Misty comes from, but not the Misty x Brendan.

Hi, btw. Belated Welcome to the thread, yes? lol I've been gone for so long so I don't know how long you've been here... *ahem*

SPPf's lagging?! NOT POSSIBLE. Can't happen. Ever.[/sarcasm]

Yep! We're still working out the details, though, so no need to worry. ^^

Once again, I agree on all counts. ^_^

Ohh, I see! lol A weekend seems like the best option. Any ideas for themes yet?

:D

Wow, that's one heck of a polygon. ._. I can see where Brendan x May x Ash x Misty comes from, but not the Misty x Brendan.

Hi, btw. Belated Welcome to the thread, yes? lol I've been gone for so long so I don't know how long you've been here... *ahem*

SPPf's lagging?! NOT POSSIBLE. Can't happen. Ever.[/sarcasm]

Ohh, I see! lol A weekend seems like the best option. Any ideas for themes yet?

:D
That's what I said. o_O The Misty x Brendan part seems just slightly less odd to me, if only because of that one short story I read several years ago that actually made it semi-work (not that I would ever abandon Hoennshipping, of course; I just have an open mind). Regardless, the whole thing still seems quite messed up.

It's okay; we understand you've been busy lately. ^^ I'm sure she doesn't mind one bit!

Oh, of course not! After all, we all know what a wonderfully efficient site this is, hm? [scoffs]

Good, good! Marichi mentioned a few; "Spring? Summer? School festival? The beach?", I believe they were. We can always come up with more, though.

Likewise! :D

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
That's what I said. o_O The Misty x Brendan part seems just slightly less odd to me, if only because of that one short story I read several years ago that actually made it semi-work (not that I would ever abandon Hoennshipping, of course; I just have an open mind). Regardless, the whole thing still seems quite messed up.

It's okay; we understand you've been busy lately. ^^ I'm sure she doesn't mind one bit!

Oh, of course not! After all, we all know what a wonderfully efficient site this is, hm? [scoffs]

Good, good! Marichi mentioned a few; "Spring? Summer? School festival? The beach?", I believe they were. We can always come up with more, though.

Likewise! :D

I'm pretty open too, but that pairing just doesn't work, imo...unless it was a "MISTY THROWN INTO GAMEVERSE" or "Brendan actually having a decent appearance in the anime"...but that's not happening.

I'm so behind in fandom it hurts. D:

Yes, which is exactly why I've been here for the past five years! *points post count* :D

EDIT: Whhoops. I think Summer is a good idea, because summer can also include the beach and a bunch of other activities. :3

:D:D

Last edited:
I'm pretty open too, but that pairing just doesn't work, imo...unless it was a "MISTY THROWN INTO GAMEVERSE" or "Brendan actually having a decent appearance in the anime"...but that's not happening.

I'm so behind in fandom it hurts. D:

Yes, which is exactly why I've been here for the past five years! *points post count* :D

EDIT: Whhoops. I think Summer is a good idea, because summer can also include the beach and a bunch of other activities. :3

:D:D
I know, don't worry. I definitely acknowledge the unlikeliness of either scenario. I think I mostly enjoyed the writing of that particular one-shot I was talking about. Now that you mention those ideas, though, it makes me wonder how well they'd work in a fanfic... nah, I'll stick to Brendan/May, thanks. xD

No, no, I'm sure you're not that far behind! [pat-pat] We all get cut off from fandom for whatever reason from time to time; it happens to the best of us. ^^

It's such a wonderful system, is it not? =D

EDIT: Actually, I think so, too! Especially since summer is actually coming up soon (at least in most of our countries, as far as I know. xD), and summer activities will likely be on our minds. You know, so we can think of ones to apply to Brendan and May! ^^

LOL, would that perhaps be the beginning of one of our legendary smiley contests? xDD

Toge-chan

Lalala~~
I know, don't worry. I definitely acknowledge the unlikeliness of either scenario. I think I mostly enjoyed the writing of that particular one-shot I was talking about. Now that you mention those ideas, though, it makes me wonder how well they'd work in a fanfic... nah, I'll stick to Brendan/May, thanks. xD

No, no, I'm sure you're not that far behind! [pat-pat] We all get cut off from fandom for whatever reason from time to time; it happens to the best of us. ^^

It's such a wonderful system, is it not? =D

EDIT: Actually, I think so, too! Especially since summer is actually coming up soon (at least in most of our countries, as far as I know. xD), and summer activities will likely be on our minds. You know, so we can think of ones to apply to Brendan and May! ^^

LOL, would that perhaps be the beginning of one of our legendary smiley contests? xDD

It could work! Misty x Brendan x May. Like, idk, May and Misty fighting over Brendan and Brendan being all, "._. um, girls...calm...down?" *shot* And ends with May. :D

I'm like four weeks behind in some, haha. Even though I'm in summer vacations already. D:

Yes, it is a wonderful system, indeed.

I didn't mean it that way, but weren't those awesome?! ^__^

Marichi

@Janeesy: Yay~!! I'm looking forward to August! <3
That's a good idea -on a weekend, all day. I like it! Now we just have to sort out which weekend. xD

damn it Mairichi, your pics inspired me to make something small and sort of related to your "Notes on a wall"
lol Well, I'm flattered to know that you found my doodles and themes inspiring -thank you. c:
As for your drabble, I loved it for its slice of life feel.

I actually could not come up with words adequately describing how much I loved his fic, so I'm just going to say that I agree with you on all counts. XD

I suppose we just get so absorbed in our work that we forget our limits and go overboard. xD In the cases where that happens, though, I hope we at least manage to produce something good that's worth the time. ^^

Hopefully, we'll all finish our work in time so we can all be together again. c:

People, people! I'm sure you're both equally masterful artists! ^^ And besides, everyone is better at it than me...

I'm free about the same time as you. As for theme, I rather like "school festival" and "beach", but I'd also like to spend some more time brainstorming, just to be sure.
Yes, I like the weekend idea! That way, it's guaranteed I won't be busy doing homework into the wee hours of the morning. ><;;
Sounds like his drabble left you speechless. 8D

lol I sure hope it was worth it! xD

So we can all be together again... it has a nice ring to it. I look forward to that day... whenever that will be. ^^;;

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. We just have different styles~ what it really boils down to is a matter of taste. c:

Ok, so for sure it'll be a weekend. As for the theme, it sounds like "summer" is winning some votes.

Oh, another artist, are we? Between you, Jane (Sequoia), and Marichi, perhaps we could amass a nice little collection of art in due time. ^^
Mm, I agree. Hoennshipping is fanart AND fanfic love~ <3
Sounds like fun~ We've got a collection of writings going. A collection or art wouldn't hurt too. xD

EDIT: Yoshi-kun, I saw your drawing~ really nice. I mistook it as official anime art. xD

Last edited:
i reckon hoennshipping is thoroughly cute..
Hehe, you get right to the point, don't you? xD Welcome, new friend! We always enjoy getting new supporters here. ^^

@Janeesy: Yay~!! I'm looking forward to August! <3
That's a good idea -on a weekend, all day. I like it! Now we just have to sort out which weekend. xD

Sounds like his drabble left you speechless. 8D

lol I sure hope it was worth it! xD

So we can all be together again... it has a nice ring to it. I look forward to that day... whenever that will be. ^^;;

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. We just have different styles~ what it really boils down to is a matter of taste. c:

Ok, so for sure it'll be a weekend. As for the theme, it sounds like "summer" is winning some votes.

Mm, I agree. Hoennshipping is fanart AND fanfic love~ <3
Sounds like fun~ We've got a collection of writings going. A collection or art wouldn't hurt too. xD
It all sounds good to me! Now, then, it's just a matter of coming up with that date...

It did! ^^ Like you said, a nice, well-written slice-of-life story really hits the spot, hm?

Well, it certainly was the last time I wrote; I did it at around 2-3 in the morning, and I was already quite tired at the time... but, we all saw the reception it got, right? =D

It does, doesn't it? I didn't notice before... Well, now I'll just be awaiting it even more now. ^^

I know, I know... I may stink at drawing, but at least I still have my writing. And, though I may suffer from a bit of a block at the moment, I'm still thankful for it. Oh, and ditto to the taste part, too. c:

Good, good, we're getting closer to a decision!

So very true! <3
Sounds like the finished product will really be something! xD

*kicks forum*

Oh boy. :p

Yes I agree, as long as something is AU like his it's fine. :) Because it's another universe. It's when they make things happen in current anime/manga/game canon that it gets messy.

I think it's because they're trying to be little different, since Ash is the popular one to play rival or Harley to play villain, that they think creating a triangle with May's most popular ships is awesome. But in the process Brendan is dragged so out of character he isn't even recognizable (and sometimes May and Drew as well). Brendan is less of a jerk in Advanceshipping because... well they have Misty and Drew don't they? :p Just like Pokeshippers have May, Dawn, Rudy, Gary, whoever else... It's a cycle really.

Those trope's are horrible. :p Love the site, hate Brendan's definitions in fanfiction. Ax Crazy Boy With Psycho Weapon? XD

I saw a fic that the jest of it from what I remeber had Brendan liking May, but she, while liking him, would go after how many other guys (who she also seemed to like oO) and hooked up with Ash, and he liked May/Misty/whoever, Misty left and ran into Brendan, came on to him, he still loved May, but since she was hot and he had nothing better to do... yeah.

Yeah, I draw from time to time. It just takes a lot of time on MS Paint to make it look decent. I did this, and just finished it in over a week.

That means I need to get to work on it. ^ ^

Edit:

I know, it had everything but yaoi and yuri, didn't it? :p Misty x Brendan was because... I think they were frustrated and... they were there? XD *teenage hormones* Thank you for the welcome.

Sometimes the server just decides to hate me thinks.

I only know about it from Toran Frostbite talking about it. ^ ^; It still seems different to me even. (And I support ten Misty ships.)

I wish it would, just because... it'd be neat and anime Hoennshipping. But they both exist in Special. -sorta-

Agreed.

And Drew x Misty is pretty imo

That'd be a different love triangle from what I've seen. XD
More lag trouble, I assume? ^^;;

In our heyday, we'd get, like, twice as many posts as this! It was really something, it was. xD

AU does provide lots of effective leeway for writing. Of course, one must be careful to make sure it still at least resembles canon, lest it become a Cookie Cutter Fic.

Bleh; some shippers always think that they need someone to bash in order to make an interesting story. >< Triangles work okay when written well, but if the writer ends up twisting Brendan into some kind of out-of-character abomination, you know something's wrong. Good point about the Advanceshipping fics; they're probably too busy blasting Misty and Drew to pay attention to Brendan. xD [sigh] It really is a vicious cycle, but I suppose it simply comes with the territory in shipping...

Truly. XD Agreed, on all counts! (And, I'm glad to see I'm no longer the only TV Tropes fan here!) I actually complained about his portrayal on the "Die For Our Ship" page.
As terrible as a fic featuring that particular interpretation of Brendan would be, the image it conjures (I imagined him standing hunched over like Gollum or something, looking ominously up at the camera with a terrifying, deranged grin and holding some kind of heinously-repurposed household tool as a weapon) is so ridiculous I can't help but laugh at it. xDD

... Words utterly fail to describe such a spectacle. O_O

That's actually pretty good! Looks like the effort paid off; I look forward to possibly seeing something Hoennshipping-related from you in the future. ^^

Feel free to whenever possible; no rush!

It sounds like it could only have been more of a trainwreck if it did. xD Hormonal Misty and Brendan? The whole thing is starting to sound so crazy I almost wish I had a link now!

A damn shame, really; no one needs that kind of trouble.

I randomly ran across the one-shot I mentioned while browsing Fanfiction.net. Even after it, though, the idea still seems rather odd, probably due to just how distant they are from anything resembling a relationship in canon. ^^; It comes off as totally out of left field... but, then again, isn't the randomness factor sometimes the most fun thing about crack pairings?

I always wished for some way for Hoennshipping to get into the anime, too... [sigh], but like you said, at least there's always Special, hm?

Good, good!
... it has its appeal.

I'll say! xD

It could work! Misty x Brendan x May. Like, idk, May and Misty fighting over Brendan and Brendan being all, "._. um, girls...calm...down?" *shot* And ends with May. :D

I'm like four weeks behind in some, haha. Even though I'm in summer vacations already. D:

Yes, it is a wonderful system, indeed.

I didn't mean it that way, but weren't those awesome?! ^__^
Lol, I'd pay to see that! xDD As long as he picks May in the end, of course.

It shouldn't be too hard to catch up. ^^;

[deadpan] Truly.

Oh, I see. But, yes, they were! ^_____^ (though I fear starting one here could cause trouble. xD)

Healing-D-Vision

The Road of Life
Originally posted by Yoshi-Kun
the Contestshipping didn't seem very Contestshippy...

Of course, like i'm going to actually put effort in writing contestshipping.

for the record, May did only date Drew in my fic because he was popular.

Then there was that weird one I vaguely remember that had a Brendan x May x Ash x Misty (x Brendan again) polygon. oO

You know, I think I remember reading that back at FF.net

Too bad art is not my strong point.

Marichi

i reckon hoennshipping is thoroughly cute..
i reckon so. xD so what about hoennshipping did you find cute? :3

Well, it certainly was the last time I wrote; I did it at around 2-3 in the morning, and I was already quite tired at the time... but, we all saw the reception it got, right? =D

I know, I know... I may stink at drawing, but at least I still have my writing. And, though I may suffer from a bit of a block at the moment, I'm still thankful for it. Oh, and ditto to the taste part, too. c:
How could I forget? It was epic like a sudden gust of wind. whooosh! xD You certainly took us all by surprise.

Well~ I've never actually seen any of your drawings, so I really can't say you stink at drawing. But yes, you do have writing, and writing is an art in itself! ;D

Too bad art is not my strong point.
Really?! But you seem to know so much about it that I had the impression you were some sort of art student. D:

@HS festival: O-K so to recap...
Time: All weekend
Date: undecided. (Sometime in June? July? August? I guess it would depend on what sort of activities we'll be doing. If we were doing a contest of some sort, I'd imagine some entries would take a couple of weeks to prepare...right?)
Theme: Summer...? It's still open for discussion. Other suggestions were spring, school festival, the beach (but beach can be lumped with summer).

SOooo~ It's that time of the week!

21. hide and seek
22. time slip
23. porch light
24. haunted
25. distant look

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.