• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hogwarts’ secret

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Hogwarts’ secret

Hogwarts’ secret

Accepted Players:

Team 1: Hogwarts
1. (VampirateMace) Dike, House Elf
2. RESERVED
3. (The_Mighty_Medicham) Ethan Richards, 7th yr Wizard
4. (PidgeotMaster) James Avias, DADA Professor
5. RESERVED

Team 2: Outside World
1. (VampirateMace) Rave-Anna Deadwood, Potions Professor
2. (legendarypokemonjunkie17) Edward Williams
3. (rudolphus) Amelia Bode
4. RESERVED
5. RESERVED

Time to start, so here are the rules:
*Post at least 8 sentences (per character if you have 2)
*Please don’t bunny
*Please put your character’s Name at the top of your post. If you switch characters during a post then post the new char’s name at the start of that section.

(PidgeotMaster) James Avias : The Hogwarts team will start in your office, hope you don’t mind.

And the Outside World team will start in Prof. Deadwood’s office.
___

~Dike, House Elf~

Dike let himself into Professor A’s office via the usual House Elf entrance. Something growled from inside one of the cages along the wall. He backed away towards the center of the room, he really didn’t like this office. He backed up right into the professor’s chair. He looked up at it as it spun around to the cluttered desk just beyond it, then at the clock on the wall. It was 2:55pm, good, he was suppose to meet the rest of the search party here at 3:00pm. He was better than on time, he was early.

He climbed up onto the chair and started to tidy up the desk. It wasn’t that he really wanted to, but it was a basic house elf reflex which he couldn’t help. He straightened the stacks of papers, but was careful not to move them. He move the quill over to rest by the inkpot and straightened the professor’s name sign.

The door in front of the desk creaked open. Dike jumped down off the chair and rushed around to the front of the desk to greet whatever search party member had just entered. He gave a quick glance up at the human and took a low bow.
___

~ Rave-Anna Deadwood, Potions Professor~

Rave slouched in her chair. Her eyes shifted to the cheap clock on the wall, 2:46, 2:47. She had been hoping the search team members would arrive early, but the closer it got to 3:00 the more she felt that she’d end up searching alone. How could none of them care about finding Professor Neville?

She sighed and picked up her neon orange quill. It had come from some exotic magical bird, but she wasn’t sure what it was called. She always been more interested in potions then magical creature studies. She flipped the quill over in her hand.

The longest she could wait for other team members was 3:15, she decided. Then she would go off following whatever leads the head mistress gave them. She dipped the quill into her inkpot (full of neon green ink) with one hand while pulling a fresh sheet of parchment out of her desk drawer with the other hand. She pause a moment above the parchment.

2:48, she set the quill to the parchment and wrote a short notice:

All potion classes for the this week are cancelled, please do the following assigned reading instead.

First years please read chapters 4 and 5 of your assigned text.
Second years please read chapters 19 and 21 of your assigned text, and take the self test on page 463.
Third years please read chapters 6, 7, and 8 of your assigned text.
Fourth years please read Precautious Potion Theories by R. Drake.
Fifth years please read chapters 13, 14, and 15 of your assigned text.
Sixth years please read Mixed Magicks by L. London, and Terrible Toadstool Trials by Xander Louis.
Seventh years please read Revised Potion Theories by R. Drake and S. Samander, and chapters 24 and 25 of your assigned text.

- Prof. R. Deadwood

She set down her quill and re-read the notice. It was longer than she like, but all the information was necessary. She hoped her students would really read these works, but was ready to assume the worst of all but the oldest students (who had actually elected to take potions). She glanced up at the clock, 2:53.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
~Edward Williams~ (Transfiguration Professor as stated in sign-up)

-----

As Edward Williams sat at his desk in his office on the first floor, he silently thought about where Professor Longbottom had disappeared to. Sure, Professor Longbottom had gone missing before, but never for more than a few days. In actuality, the Herbology professor had been missing for a little over two weeks. Because he had been missing so long, students, faculty, and magical creatures alike had begun to worry.

Edward's attention slowly shifted to the glass sphere on the corner of his desk, his Rememberall. He picked the sphere up and placed it in the palm of his right hand, where after a few seconds, it turned a vibrant hue of red.

"Oh fiddlesticks, Rave-Anna!" He shouted, loud enough to stir the mice in their cages, which would soon be turned into snuffboxes.

Today was the day, the day the "expedition" to find Neville began. Edward was chosen to be on one of the two teams, the team that would search the world outside of Hogwarts. Swiftly, he grabbed a piece of parchment and his eagle quill, which he received as a gift from a student the year before, and began to ponder what assignments he'd give his class since he would not be present for about a week. He dipped the quill into a pot of cobalt blue ink and began to write.

Due to my leave of absence in the next week, all transfiguration classes will be cancelled. That, however, does not mean that you won't have work. All assignments will collected and reviewed upon my return, and all students will have a test or quiz depending on the assignment.

First years, pease read chapters 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 of the assigned text. Complete the self-assesment's at the end of each chapter. A test will be issued upon my return. Self-assesment's will be collected and graded.

Second years, please read "Snuffboxes for Beginners" by L. Lewis. Since none of you read it last year, why not read it while I'm gone? Please work in pairs of two to complete the all of assignments scattered throughout the book. Assignments will be collected and will be graded. You will have to demonstrate in class what you learned, individually. This will be counted as a test.

Third years, read chapters 12, 13, 14, and 15 of the assigned text. A quiz will be issued upon my return.

Fourth years, finish chapter 18. Complete the self-assesment which will be collected and count as a test grade.

Fifth years, please review everything up until chapter 25. A test will be issued on all material coverd in those chapters upon my return.

Sixth years, finish your assigned text. This means that you're reading up to chapter 40. Do all self-assesments. The assesments will count as a test.

Seventh years, review the entire book, up to chapter 50. Complete all self-assesments which will count as 5 seperate tests. You will have a test on the entire book when I return.

For all students who have self-assesments, the answers are right in your book. All assesments should be perfect. If you do not get anything higher than my standards, detention cleaning snuffboxes will ensue. If you choose not do do anything, or to do very little, a very harsh detention will ensue. Can anyone say "essay"?!

Have a splendid week!

-Professor E. Williams

Edward grabbed the parchment, his wand, and his duffle bag filled with books, and headed out the door, tacking the paper to the front of the classroom as he passed by. As he speeded towards the Grand Staircase, he stopped a student and asked him for the time. It was 2:52 PM. This gave even more reason as to why Edward should hurry. Down the staircase, into the dungeons, and finally through the door of Professor Deadwood's office, at 2:55.

"So, how much work did you load onto your students?"

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

Rave looked up as the other professor entered. In response to his question she lifted the notice she had just completed so that he could look over it. She looked up in thought for a moment then at him, “Do you think London and Drake’s works are too out of date? I mean the basic theories are still the same, but it’s comprehension that matters. To late to change it now I suppose.”

She glanced at the clock, 2.57, then back at the door. Nobody there. When would the other members be there, if at all? She continued to talk to the professor, “I figure we leave by 3:15, regardless of who has made it.”

She shifted her papers glancing through them, still talking, “What do you say we check the Stonehenge lead first? It doesn’t seem like the most likely place to me, but it’s one of the closest,” she picked up a sketch of Stonehenge from her desk, “He has taken a lot of interest in history lately however, so that would give him even more incentive to go there.”

Last edited:

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
OOC:
“I figure we leave by 2:15, regardless of who has made it.”

Don't you mean 3:15?

------------

Edward Williams- Transfiguration Professor

------------

"No, not at all. London and Drake are very current compared to L. Lewis' rant about Snuffboxes. All of that useless drabble makes my head spin, but the students will learn for next time to read something when it's assigned."

As Edward looked around the office, he took notice of Rave-Anna's orange quill. Edward, being one for simplicity, was slightly intruigued by the quill. Slowly, Edward took a seat in one of the chairs in front of Rave's desk, and commented, "Stonehenge sounds great, hopefully Professor Longbottom is safe and sound. I'm sure we'll find him before too long."

The office was quiet, only the ticking of the clock could be heard. Then, Edward, slightly amused at the vibrancy of the quill, asked Rave-Anna, "Rave, where did you get such a...unique quill?

Last edited:

PidgeotMaster

The Bird Master!
I stride into my office with my pet raven, Shadow, on my shoulder. I notice a house elf and ask, "Are you Dike? If you are your a little early. I wasn't really expecting anyone till' at least 3:00. Anyway, its good you volunteered to help, we need someone who knows the castle top-to-bottom, and who better to know than a house elf? Here, make your self at home" I say as I pull up a chair. I then walk to my desk and begin to wright,

Hello Students, As many of you know, a few teachers will be gone a for a little while. Well, I'm not one of them. I will still be here to "torture" you. Have a nice day.

I pin it up in my door. I then walk over and feed the Grindylows and check my potion ingredients. I then walk to my desk and sit down. I look through some papers and mumble something about likely locations.

The_Mighty_Medicham

It's electric!
~Ethan Richards, student~

Ethan walked out of the Ravenclaw commonroom and passed his least favorite painting in the school. The little witch inside it yelled at him to cut his hair and straighten his back. Ethan ignored it and went to the Defense Against the Dark Arts Floor.

He went to Professor Avias' door and read the notice attached to it. He chuckled to himself as he read the sentence about torturing, then sighed. Many of the faculty was leaving to go search for Professor Longbottom, leaving behind assignments for the students.

"I won't have much time to do those assignments while searching the castle," Ethan muttered to himself. He knocked three times on the door and then entered. Ethan noticed the house-elf running around the office and the professor sitting at his desk.

"Professor Avias? I'm Ethan Richards. I was told that I'm supposed to meet here to help search for Professor Longbottom," he stated. Ethan took his wand out of his pocket and set a fly on fire.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord

“Yeah, I sure hope we find him,” muttered Rave brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

Edward asked about her quill, prompting her to take a glance at her self. She answered slightly amused, “A friend of mine. He raises these birds, but I can’t for the life of me remember what they are called. They come in all sorts of colors, but are suppose to be bad luck.”

She thought about her friends luck lately. He’d fallen off his broom last week. She smiled at the other professor, “And though he denies it, he’s walking proof that the rumors are true. All sorts of awful things happen to him.”

She glanced back up at the clock, 3:01. She fiddled with the notice for a moment, then left to tack it up on the potion lab door. It was 3.10 when she returned. She sighed, “I sure hope we’re not the only ones.”

~Dike, House Elf~

Dike nodded and climbed up onto a chair opposite the desk. He watched as the Professor wrote out a notice. Dike replied, “Yes Sir, I am. I know the castle very well, but I doubt we’ll find the professor.”

He left then returned to check some things. Dike didn’t ask what, he didn’t really care.

There were three sharp raps on the door, and a student let himself in. The student barged in introducing himself and proceeded to harass an innocent fly, going so far as to set it on fire. Dike glared up at the student, he’d never really been this close to one. But he was sure he didn’t like them.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Edward Williams - Transfiguration Professor

--------

As Rave-Anna commented about her feather, Edward listened intently, as if he were listening to his favorite song. When Rave mentioned her friend's fit of bad luck, Edward couldn't help but laugh.

The sound of the clock had once again become dominant. Edward looked at the clock to see that it was now 3:01. With 14 minutes to go until departure, Rave stood up and left to put the notice and assignment list up on the Potion Classroom's door.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

Edward was now the only one in the office, save for a mouse he noticed scurrrying around towards the back of the office. Although he was tempted to turn the mouse into a snuffbox and quell his daily snuffbox fix, Edward restrained himself until Rave returned. By the time she returned, it was 3:10.

"I hope so too Rave, but even if we are, we're plenty experienced to protect ourselves, and to locate Professor Longbottom."

rudolphus

Amelia Bode-S.P.E.W. Chairwoman
---------------------------------

Amelia Bode returned to her home at the edge of the cliff near Ottery St. Catchpole after a long day's work. When she got home, she glanced at her watch and suddenly remembered her appointment to help look for the missing Prof. Longbottom. She decided to pack a few things for the journey. Some frog spawn and some devil's snare clippings were among the things she packed. She then hopped on her Comet 260 broom and headed for Hogwarts Castle. After asking several other teacher's for directions, she found Prof. Deadwood's office. She immediatly brushed off her robes to make herself look more presentable. "Sorry I'm late" she said. She then formally introduced herself. "When do we depart?" she asked.

Last edited:

The_Mighty_Medicham

It's electric!

Ethan glanced down at the house-elf that was glaring evily at him. Ethan raised one eyebrow in wonder at the elf and sat down in a chair next to him. Ethan twirled his wand in his hands before speaking up.

"Um, excuse me, uh....Mr. House-elf. Is there a reason you're glaring at me?" he asked as nicely as possible. Ethan wasn't exactly used to being stared at in a bad way. Most of the other students like him.

Ethan noticed a stain that was on his right sleeve. He pointed his wand to it and muttered a cleaning spell. The stain disappeared from the sleeve. Ethan then put his wand back into his pocket and looked intently at the house-elf.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Edward Williams- Hogwarts Transfiguration Professor

----

Silence. Thoughts. That's all that occured in the office of Rave-Anna Deadwood. It was after 3, and the expedition team to find Professor Neville Longbottom would be leaving at 3:15.

"Oh my." Edward sighed to himself, as the time ticked by ever so slowly.

After what seemed like forever, the door to Rave-Anna's door creaked open, and in walked a very colorful witch to say the least. Her robes were some shade of either blue or purple, her hair in three buns, with colorful ribbons dangling from each. Her pink high heels clicked loudly on the floor, and drew as much as attention as her yellow knee-high socks, and her multiple S.P.E.W. buttons.

"Hello there! Well, don't you look festive." Edward said teasingly. "You said that you're name was Amelia Bode? Oh yes, you're the S.P.E.W. Chairwoman. I've read about you in the Daily Prophet from time to time. Anyway, my name is Edward Williams and I'm the Transfiguration professor here. We're leaving at 3:15, so you're right on time."

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
~Dike, House Elf~

Dike ignored the students question and just turned away. Just as he thought, self-centered brats. (Never mind the fact that he’s a little delusional.)

He glanced back as the student tried to perform some magic on his sleeve. After he’d put his wand away the student stared at him. Dike stared back. He tried to think of something to say. Some remark to test how selfish and spoiled the students really were.

The clock showed it was 3:01, so Dike jumped down and looked readily up at the Professor.

Rave nodded to Amelia Bode, then addressed Edward, “I’m going to go down and get some brooms. Just keep anyone else that arrives here.

Rave left and headed down to the broom shed. Here the school kept several old brooms as well as the staff and student’s personal brooms. She searched around until she found her and Edwards’ brooms. Then she grabbed the bundle that students had lent her for this purpose. All the students were concerned about their Herbology teacher, and many of them had lent her their brooms to help out.

Rave returned placing the brooms against the wall. She glanced over to Amelia, “I think we're set. Did you bring a broom?”

rudolphus

Amelia Bode-S.P.E.W Chairwoman
---------------------------------

Prof. Deadwood asked Amelia if she had a broom. "Yes, my Comet 260 should suffice." she replied. "I've also brought some frog spawn and some devil's snare clippings" she said. She emptied her pockets to show Prof. Deadwood and Prof. Williams. "I spoke to Prof. Longbottom once" she told them. "He was an old friend of my ex-employer and a very intelligent man at that" she said. "That's why I brought the devil's snare" she said "He told me it could be useful.". "Well, we'd best be on our way" she said. She quickly glanced at the brooms against the wall. "Are you sure those brooms will be safe enough for the journey?" she asked.

Last edited:

PidgeotMaster

The Bird Master!
James Avias, DADA Professor
------------------------------------------------------
I look up from my papers to notice a that a student walked in. "Hello! You must be Ethan. Ok then, that means everyones here." I say . I Notice a torched fly on my floor. "Uhh, I'm not going to ask.... Anyway as you both know or you wouldn't be here, Professor Longbottom is missing. As you also most likely know, we have to scour the castle to find him. But that is almost impossible, as this castle has many secrets. Millions of unexplored rooms, secret passages, and other hidden things I can't even explain. Nobody knows every part of the school, even the staff." I look at my watch. "Ah, 3:01, I think we might need to start looking."

Last edited:

The_Mighty_Medicham

It's electric!

Ethan chose to ignore the house-elf when the professor began to talk. Ethan nodded in agreement with everything that Professor Avias said. When the professor finished talking, Ethan stood up.

"Where would you like me to start, Professor?" Ethan asked. He hoped that he wouldn't be forced to work with the house-elf. The small creature was making him even more uncomfortable with each passing moment.

Suddenly, another thought popped into his head. "Professor, what about the so-called Maurader's Map? Doesn't it show the location of each person? Or does it have limitations?"

PidgeotMaster

The Bird Master!
James Avias, DADA Professor
----------------------------------------------------------
"The Maurader's Map is an odd bit of magic. It is said to show all people yes, but I believe it doesn't show someone if they went into a place the creators didn't know about. Though I'm sure the creators would have to know a large portion of the school to create it. Why would you ask?" *Rustling noise is heard* "Peeves, get out of my cabnit, I'm a little too busy for jokes right now." Peeves floats away, making noises* "Anyway, I think we really should start searching, as Nevile might be hurt. You guys can pick where to go, but if you need me I'll be checking the dungeons inch by inch. So long." As I walk out of the room Shadow soars and lands on my shoulder.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
~Dike, House Elf~

Dike nodded and jumped down from the chair as the professor suggested it was time to go. The student started asking about where they would search and the Marauder’s Map. If he could be found with the map, wouldn’t they already know where he was, and have rescued him?

The professor brushed this off as a lack of knowledge on the part of the map’s makers. From what Dike had once overheard the map had more passages than anyone person had been capable of remembering, so was it true? Where there even more passages than even the makers or the house elves knew of?

The cabinet started to rattle around as though it had a Boggart. The professor scolded Peeves who came shooting out and promptly left the room. Then the apparently irritated professor left telling them to decide where to go. Dike looked up at the student, “Doesn’t matter, we’re not going to find him.”

Rave scowled, she’d checked all the brooms herself. And devil’s snare? What did she think they were going to need that for, Rave wondered. Then again if Neville said it, while he was sane at least, it might be important. She checked her own bag, there were various plant extracts and clippings, ingredients for various potions they might need.

“I assure you, the brooms are fine, but it appears we don’t need them,” returned Rave. She grabbed her broom and headed for the door. She then led them (if they bother to follow, since bunnying is bad) towards an open balcony that they could take-off for Stonehenge.

She kicked off from the balcony. Cold afternoon air wisped around her as she flew off towards their first search location.

legendarypokemonjunkie17

Back in MY day...
Edward Williams ~ Transfiguration Professor

-------

Edward sat in Rave's office in silence, Amelia mumbling about something to the effect of "bringing Devil's Snare and frog spawn along". Why they would need either was completely beyond him, but Edward wasn't in the mood to question such a quirky, and unusual woman.

After listening to Amelia question the quality of the brooms, Edward interjected.

"Amelia, after working in this school for years, and using those brooms from time to time, they most certainly are of the highest standard."

Then Edward sat for a few more minutes before Rave decided it was finally time to leave. Before leaving, Edward asked if the brooms would be left in the office for the others if they ever showed up. Edward quickly scribbled a note for anyone who would show up after the departure.

To any member of the expedition to the outside world, there are most likely brooms in this office. Amelia Bode, Rave-Anna Deadwood, and I will embark to Stonehenge to attempt to locate Professor Neville Longbottom. We don't know how long we'll be there, but hopefully we won't have to stray too far from the ruins to find him. Please take a broom and leave for Stonehenge as soon as possible. Best regards, Edward Williams.

Grabbing his belongings and one of the broom's Rave brought, Edward followed Rave suit up to the open balcony. Getting onto the broom and kicking off, Edward was very excited for the journey, but at the same time, he was very nervous for not only the professor's saftey, but the safety of the expedition team.

Last edited: