• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hokey Pokéballs! (350)

Raize

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Gaiash said:
you know you could look at the SPP screenshots, you won't hear them but still they're the best screenshots across the net.
I know I can I just don't want too spoil the episode for me. I want to wait for it to come here and I can see it in America. I like wondering what will happen in this eppy and stuff =\

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Raibolt said:
I know I can I just don't want too spoil the episode for me. I want to wait for it to come here and I can see it in America. I like wondering what will happen in this eppy and stuff =\
I guess. I tried not knowing until I accully saw it once (with Harry Potter book 5) didn't work out so well.

Professor Ivy

1st Princess Serebii
So Far

Serebii said:
Bulbasaur & Bulbasaur! Regaining the Pokéballs!

After she caught her own Bulbasaur, Ash decides to retrieve his Bulbasaur to meet May's new one. However they find out that Pokéballs are getting lost in transit due to a Rocket Scheme so its up to Ash, May and their Bulbasaurs to find them

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss
;382; So Far
Joi as a new voice,
The team rocket's motto, well it suck.
and it seem like a lot of advacneshipping ;245;

;384; Finsh Out, It was just a common eproides, to me. James, plans names were cute, buy long. Why was it call "Hokey Pokeball"

I just they for this epiodes.
Chibi Log Out ;386-a;

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I said this was a hokey episode and I was right. Between the stupid engines, the armored house with an open window, the hole in the bag cliche, and the stupid plan names, this added up to one thing. An episode that would have found itself right at home in Johto.

Again, instead sitting right outisde the Pokemon Center, why not go to the trouble of sending them straight to the boss. I read a fan fic about Team Rocket (the whole organization) doing this right and taking over Kanto. This was just plain stupid.

The Big Al's rating
5.7 out of 10

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
well, They said Pokeball as PO-KEE balls (If I remember correctly) (well, they said it as PO-KEE balls in the episode too). And in TC, They had Nuzleaf as a choice, yet the pic was a Beautifly. It's was a so-so episode IMO

6/10

No, Ash's Bulbasaur does not meet Grovyle in this episode

Um, WTFH!?! Beautifly's picture in Nuzleaf's name........Weird. And Combusekn beating Meditite? Weirder.
I say this episode was pretty good. Bulbasaur was pretty funny in the beginning, and we see Ash's again! Plus, a reappearance from Nuzleaf and Shroomish, since it has been a while.
TR actually was pretty good in this episode. James got some spotlight for once, too.

Overall rating:
9.3 out of 10!!!
Great episode! I wasn't expecting much out of this episode, but I was wrong!

SC~ out

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
So, what's the shipping between Ash and May's Bulbasaur called again? Methinks they should leave the two in a daycare and let them breed for awhile.

A highlight of this episode was James, his plans were pretty funny. The big wall covering the house which stops TR from escaping, and then James at bat. :^O I found that incredibly amusing that James was hitting the pokeballs out the window to let Ash get hit by them. TR trying to fight off the vines "Touche, enguarde!" was pretty amusing.

The two Bulbasaur worked well together, and it's always a good thing to see Ash's Bulbasaur again.

And did Brock just admit he does very little anymore? "My part may be small, but I did it for love" - Brock. I guess even Brock is realizing he doesn't do much.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
I know it was a filler, but I liked it - any excuse to see Ash's Bulbasaur again. Although I think this episode was better in Japanese, since hearing "Bulbasaur" isn't half as cute as hearing "Dane dane". Oh well.

This is another one of those episodes where Jessie, James, and Meowth are just dead-on throughout the whole thing. The unnecessarily long codenames that James kept giving his plans made me laugh, I'll admit it, but what really got me was the scene after the crash - hearing Eric Stuart, Rachel Lillis, and Addie Blaustein playing off each other like that was great. Usually I complain about the dub dialogue, but it was hilarious here, and elsewhere in the episode (James to Cacnea: "Do we need to have another talk?")

Trainer's Choice did it again this week - mislabeling Beautifly as Nuzleaf (interesting, since BOTH were in this episode) and claiming Combusken is best for a Meditite. Ah, what the hell, it's not like those things are important.

I notice Ash got punched by a Primeape...I half expected him to say "That hasn't happened in a while".

Altogether, better than the dub title led on. I predict many good scenes with May's innocent and naive little Bulbasaur in the future.

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
TR MADE this episode. Particularly James, who was off-and-on with his feminine side. They may be idiots, but they're funny idiots.

What is UP with the TC? Drinking iodine is not recommended people.

I'm glad Bulbasaur doesn't stick with the group. I couldn't take some 50+ episodes with both of them "bulba"-ing.

R

Robert

This was a good episode. There were some very funny lines and some good battles. There was some good use of Vine Whip to show interactions between the Bulbasaurs. However, it was a bit odd that they had the house in armor so quickly. More importantly, not a lot of this episode was stuff that we haven't seen before. Still a solid episode nevertheless.

FlamingRuby

The magic of Pokemon
I caught the tail beginning of it (my mom kicked me off the TV right when Max told Professor Oak that May got a Bulbasaur)...so I didn't get to hear May's Bulbasaur.

Medea

Excalibur
This episode wasn't the greatest, but at least I got see Ash's Bulbasaur again, which kind of made up for this episode.

SuperSonic

I liked it when James said to Cacnea, "Do we need to have another talk?" too.

B

Brocksketchum

I was so caught up in the mistake of the Trainer's Choice that I didn't even answer the question!
(Actually, more like didn't see the third choice.)

James was rocking today! If all three thought that way, then they could almost succeed like that Arcanine episode.

But of course, bad luck always strikes them like Cupid's arrow. :(

I don't know about all of you, but I thought Ash's and May's Bulbasaur sounded the same throughout the episode.
All of you must have better ears than me.

"Game, set, and match!"

PDL

disenchanted
well, James and TR did make this episode great... very kooky bunch :D

and it was somewhat interesting to see Ash and May's Bulbasaur interacting with one another

V

vulpix

i loved this episode cause we finally see Ashes Bulbasaur after a very long time.

I noticed a mistake. TR seemed to have found that shack in the woods, Meowth even acknowledging this occurance. Yet, James puts up armor around the house as though he'd been meaning to come there all along. How is this possible? Unless the armor was already there......There had to be one heck of a hermit living there to install steel plating around a hosue in the mountains^^. And even then, how would James know of this armor? Meh, it's hardly noticable, so it doesn't matter much.
"Another talk"? I'd have loved to see the first one:D.

SC~ out

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Seeing Bulbasaur was cool, I agree. Although, Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, with Squirtle and Wartortle coming in after, so it would have been an even bigger treat for me to see Ash's Squirtle come back, with Squirtle Squad shades and all. But whatever.

Nice to see Golbat and Primeape again. And they sounded exactly the same as they used to. Nice.

Team Rocket was pretty useless again, but that's their job. :p Actually, they were pretty funny. Besides James' voice which refuses to change back to the old one, I liked Team Rocket, as I usually do. From James' "plans" line, to his "Do we need to have another talk?" line. And don't forget Meowth: "Enguarde, touche! Go away!"

I'll give this episode a 7/10. I always seem to give that rating. >_>

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I personally LOVED this episode! Two Bulbasaurs in one! Even though May's Bulby seemed to drop down to Ash's at certain points....but they were really cute!

I loved TR in this eppy, too! I'm really hyper right now!

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;