• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

***Hold it RIGHT THERE!***

Oekaki-Fan Art Posting System
Wiki-Database with fan made articles

Why are you forbidding user made content?! 64% of all sites have user made content!

Dragonfree

Just me
Unless your myspace is actually some sort of a proper website with content worth reading, no.

pisces_beedrill, it's either of the two. You can use a free layout or easy site builder as long as you have quite a bit of content too. The basic idea is that we have something to comment on.

Kanadian Kyuubi, user-made content isn't forbidden, but that just can't be all there is on your site, and it can not be a website that literally anybody can register at and add content to since then it's not really your content we'd be commenting on. As long as content submissions are moderated before ever appearing on the site and that's not all there is to the site, it's fine.

Ex_Mightyena

Mightyena Master
originally posted by: Dragonfree:
Rule #1: Websites only - NO FORUMS
In this forum, you may post your website to get it rated or simply for help regarding it. You may also discuss website-related things. However, you may not post forums, IRC channels, Oekakis, Wikis or anything else that has its content created by members rather than a certain webmaster and/or staff.
I dont mean to be opposed to you but why is it no forums,like why dont you just make it that any advertisement on forums which dont comply with serebii standards be not advertisable.
Just my opinion but is that rule only made to stop losing the serebii population because serebii is afraid hes forum site isnt good enough?

Please dont give me a warning either,i know that sounds stupid but it is just my opinion,why u can also tell me to shutup.

Last edited:

Kal-El

Mush! Mush!
Ex_Kyogre said:
I dont mean to be opposed to you but why is it no forums,like why dont you just make it that any advertisement on forums which dont comply with serebii standards be not advertisable.
Just my opinion but is that rule only made to stop losing the serebii population because serebii is afraid hes forum site isnt good enough?

Please dont give me a warning either,i know that sounds stupid but it is just my opinion,why u can also tell me to shutup.
Well think about it, there'd be 1000 threads of advertising forums, some which would be crud. Then you'd have to add mroe rules like "More than two sections in a forum" and what not.

Guitar dude bill

It's here, it's near
Ex_Kyogre said:

EX Kyogre, perhaps if you actually read through the last posts on the last page to check that your question hasn't already been answered; you would know why. Lemme post Dragonfree's original answer to the question

Dragonfree said:
The only reason you can advertise actual websites is for getting criticism on them. If you're showing a forum, it's kinda ridiculous to tell you "Hey, that's a very nice forum! I like the category names!" or "I don't like your forum, this member is really mean." So basically, advertising a forum is just advertising.

I believe your question is now answered, and was answered long ago.

Ex_Mightyena

Mightyena Master
Yes but advertising trying to get people to join,and actually guitarist bill not to be your enemie but if you read the very first post of this forum I recall it saying that serebii isnt responsible for the posts that are on em,but still if it has foul post just ban the user who advertised it.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
Forums, take much less effort. They'd just clutter up tyhe forum, I mean, who wants to go around joining loads of forums?

Ex_Mightyena

Mightyena Master
Yeah but every little thing counts!What makes up 100 dollars?1 dollars combined,surely there has gotta be one forum good enough,think of it,if Serebii was advertised somewhere else and you never heard of it would you join it?Why I found serebii off a link,if it wasnt for that that'd be one less member,250 less posts,I might even one day get a better post count.
And that is pretty stupid coming from you jetx,cause you advertise a forum in your sig,so I will ask you the same question,Who wants to go around joining heaps of forums?

JKaizer

Ready for a new day
You waste database space by making posts about forums, because 99% of the time, they're invisionfree ones that only close friends go to anyways.

ottermi619

Pretty Molly... <3
You may only post one thread per month about a given website. If the previous thread is still active after a month, you may not start another thread until the old one dies.
When replying to other people's threads, you may not post:
Double, triple, quadruple, quintuple, etc. posts, many posts in a row in the same thread.
What if the thread owner made the last post in the thread, (which would be 2 or 3 weeks for example), and the thread owner/webmaster of site being discussed in thread had a major update (such as addition/change of section, new layout, whatever)?
The thread I posted about my Molly fan shrine is in this situation.

You waste database space by making posts about forums
Same with having to make new threads on the same thing once they haven't been posted in a month :<

Last edited:

~Bent~

awhups
Now, I'm just curious. Not like I'm actually starting a site or anything...

Say you have a webpage that has forums (e.g., "PikaLand.net" full of game walkthroughs and news, and "forums.pikaland.net" as just a forum). You want a critique of the webpage. Would it be allowed to post a link to pikaland.net if you wanted a critique for the website layout and obviously weren't advertising the forum, even though there were links to forums.pikaland.net at the main page?

Savage X

dclxvi
Yes, of course. If you didn't notice all of almost all the sites that are advertised have a link to their forum right there on the homepage usually under "site, *site name*, sitley, home" etc. on the nav bar.

PokéJungle

Webmaster | Writer
I think Oekakis should be allowed to be advertised personally.

Are you worried about people going haywire with 'JOIN JOIN JOIN' posts?