• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hold the Phione! (581)

Linkdarkside

i rate the episode 7/10 decent.

Buneary is cute as hell and loved her battle whit not her trainer command like the battle tent and battle fronier in the games.

i did not like that Ash did not mentioned that Phione looks a little like Manaphy.

i love shoping scene was good.

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
That was a cute filler! I liked the concept of Phione being good luck and lol'd at Jessie's looong list of wishes. The TR boys just want simpler things, every bottlecap and the Boss's lap. Somehow I think their wishes have the same chance as Jess to come true.
Brock understanding Phione's broken heart was comedic, as was Ash's total clueless look on Meowth trans. Phione's challenging Pika to date Buneary. It was a treat to see the rabbit poke battle altho it seemed like her vest just disappeared mid-episode w/ no reason given. A few other animation glitches (CN froze when Phione was in the pool, did that happen on Japanese airings?) but on the whole enjoyable.

Torpoleon

I used to think Phione was Fee-own. Hold the Fee-own-ee does not sound right. Anyways, I like the episode nonetheless. Buneary VS Phione was very cool as well. Too bad Ash couldn't do any gym training in that episode.

Tf5174

This eposide was decent but i found it boring tbfh.

Shadow XD001

Yeah, I thought it was pronounced Fe-Own, but Fe-Own-ee sounds good. Also, I liked the relationship problem at the end, where Phione liked Buneary, but Pikachu was still much Buneary and then Buneary and Phione had a battle. this episode was good.

Vizeninja

What Buneary should have said was "Poke-speak*My heart belongs to Pikachu*Poke-speak"

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
So, when Jessie was reading off her long-list of wishes I noticed she wished for...

"treasures like gold and silver"

I guess she too wants a GS Remake. :p

Also, Phione did use Acid Armor to dissapear into the water.
That reminded me of the Pokemon movie (I think it was the Manaphy one actually) when Team Rocket stole some treasure or something and Jesse mentioned Diamonds and Pearls and Meowh said "Those would make good names for games" or something like that.

Anyway. I wasn't crazy about this episode, but it wasn't bad. I really wished Pikachu would have battled Phione, but I guess Buneary is an independent woman...er pokemon. I think it was pretty cool how Buneary beat a legendary Pokemon.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Yeah, I thought it was pronounced Fe-Own, but Fe-Own-ee sounds good. Also, I liked the relationship problem at the end, where Phione liked Buneary, but Pikachu was still much Buneary and then Buneary and Phione had a battle. this episode was good.
Similar to another pronunciation, Illumise, people had the incorrect idea of saying the name.

Anyway, seeing Acid Armor again after who knows how many movies/episodes was shocking. What a clever way it was used.

Alloute

Not Banned
Rofl. Horrible episode, they made Phione look like a lovesick beast. Even Team Rocket out-shown Phione.

I'd rate it 4/10.

I've seen some fillers that looked better.

milenadrg

I disliked this episode, plus Phione as Pokemon is boring. How the hell could a legendary Pokemon who doesn't even have a gender be in love with someone??
Piplup being Ice Beamed was boring and annoying too...

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Too bad Ash couldn't do any gym training in that episode.

Which is why Dawn wanted to dedicate this episode to Shopping. :D Yeah, I was laughing Ash, Brock, and Pikachu, had to be the bag carriers. XD

How Dawn was admiring and holding the Phione Doll made think of May and Manaphy hugging. :3 Very sweet.

Vernikova

Champion
Well, Phione was revealed to be one of the weakest, if not the weakest, legendary Pokémon. It was an okay episode though but other than the battle between Phione and Buneary nothing else really happened. Though, it was strange seeing the trio stretch to go shopping in the end was a waste of time.

i am really loving these summer related episodes that Pokemon International is throwing in. Likewise, the Phione was quite the fun type. I liked the submarine part.

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
To be fair, I must say that it's certainly hard for every episode to live up to our expectations after the great Iron Island adventure and last week's Deoxys episode. Nevertheless, in my opinion today's episode was quite decent, entertaining and of course cute.

Here are my favorite scenes:
- Meowth envisioning having to understudy Phione. The expression on his face was priceless. Poor Meowth ...he always comes off worst:lol:

-Yippee, finally another boss fantasy! Weird though the may sometimes be, but I missed them.

- Ash, Dawn and Brock and their Pokemon warming up...what a cute scene! Especially the Pokemon were just adorable.
They did all that stretching just for Dawn to go "now let's go shopping!"
You probably got that wrong. It was Ash who wanted to start training and he repeated this several times. I'm sure Ash was about to begin his training and therefore warmed up first, when it suddenly struck Dawn that she wanted to go shopping. I was looking forward to seeing a short training unit, but no...Girls and her incomprehensible love for shopping.:eek:hdear: Yeah, Ash and Brock, I did understand what you felt while you were standing around in that supermarket carrying Dawn's bags. This also kinda reminded me of Jessie's dominance over James and Meowth.

- Confused Meowth. Watching him stumbling around and mumbling pointless stuff was hilarious :lol: Undoubtedly, the best scene of the entire episode!

- Phione is in love with Buneary, which, however, is in love with Pikachu, which doesn't seem to be interested in love in the least. Complicated love triangle:love:

- My ultimate theory why they had the salesman mention cell phones: Have you thought about the fact yet that if you mix the letters in "P H I O N E", you'll get iPhone! Do I have to say anything else? :-D Pretty good advertising if you ask me!

Also, am I really the only one who pronounced Phione correctly?
Nope. Although I'm not a native speaker of English, I inferred the right pronunciation from the spelling of the word without having heard it before.

A decent, cute episode
6.5 out of 10 points

halloweenghost

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, frankly. 'Cause that wasn't a 4Kids decision, to my knowledge - it's a law stating that real-life children's merchandise can't be depicted on kids' shows in America, since it's interpreted as a form of advertising. Does that not apply anymore?

I have been waiting for this one to see what they do with the phione dolls... and they kept them.. makes me wonder about this law...

~HikariSatoshi~

ღ ヒカリ ღ
I loved the episode and I think that Phione is really cute and how it has a crush on Buneary. I was surprised they didn't mention Manaphy and how it can "breed". Oh well.

-BUY PHIONE MERCHANDISE.
-God all those dolls and things have soulless eyes. I'm scared, mommy!
-Am I imagining things or does this saleman sound exactly like Professor Oak? Oh wait, Japan has as many different VAs as the States do :x
-Oh no! Team Rocket! I bet they're planning on stealing all the wild Phione that nobody owns!
-This episode is brought to you by All Those Stupid Fish Pokemon That The Writers Can't Showcase Without Making Excuse To Put People Underwater.
-That one Phione seems to like what it sees! I'm not sure why since Buneary is a fuzzy land bunny and Phione is a...water......thing......, but hey. TRU LUV!
-I have no clue what's going on in today's Meowth Acid Trip, but I'm lovin' it.
-Sadly for Phione, love between land rabbits and water mutants was never meant to be, and the episode ended on a tragic note...oh, wait, sorry, Pokemon.
-And those two Phione just ditched the one that was so star struck by Buneary. Can't really blame them.
-Oh no! Team Rocket caught a wild Pokemon! WHERE IS ASHNCO?!
-AshNCo makes its bonds even tighter by doing morning stretches together. Huh.
-I think one of the writers bumped his head, since we're seeing Pokemon of Dawn's that aren't Piplup, and they have their old traces of personality!
-Wait, TR put Phione in a cooking pot? NO, NO EATING SEA MUTANT! BAD TEAM ROCKET!
-Oh god it's entered the water system. WE ARE ALL DOOMED! DOOMED TO DRINKING SEA MUTANT!
-And the lady in the kitchen reacts to a sea thalidomide baby coming out of the faucet in the only proper way: Screaming
-Of COURSE the one time AshNCo rides a bus somewhere is the one time they're being followed by a sea monster.
-Look! Pokeball seals! And you know how YOU can get some of those! Buy Pokemon Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, and you can make your POkeballs as cool as Dawn's!
-That's right Ash! Team Rocket CANNOT be allowed to catch a wild Pokemon!
-And Phione simply cannot approve of Buneary favoring Pikachu. Although Pikachu doesn't really give a damn I mean really everything here is one-sided.
-PHINE! PHINE! PHINE! is going to haunt my dreams tonight.
-I'm not one of those freakish superhumans who can tell who animates what just by glancing at a scene, but even I can tell that whoever drew TR near the end is hilariously bad.

Wow, you sure thought through this episode. You must have alot of time on your hands. Although most of what you said didn't make sense at ALL 0.o

Quote: -I think one of the writers bumped his head, since we're seeing Pokemon of Dawn's that aren't Piplup, and they have their old traces of personality!

I think you bumped your head on something.........

Hero of Legend

Advanced Missingno.
I liked it, Phione was really cute!

I always pronouced it as Phy-own. :/

But this was the best part:

http://i39.*******.com/2iu2gjd.jpg

XD

Brumrha

Banned
The first appearance of Phione! Let's see what I have to say about this...

When I first heard its name on this episode, I was dumbstruck on the fact that I've mispronounced it.

In any case, if anyone manages to catch sight of these, they bring about good fortune; I don't know what happens if you capture one, but chances are that the gods will smile upon you. Unfortunately, that's made just about impossible due to the fact that Phione has Acid Armor & won't hesitate to use it in order to get away from the person's clutches. Its clever use of Acid Armor helped it escape from the likes of TR, & into the water system in its search for Dawn's Buneary, which for some strange reason has captivated Phione. The only problem? Pikachu.

Phione isn't too happy about that, & demands a fight against Pikachu, but instead, Buneary steps up to the plate. Phione has DT & Supersonic, which is a double whammy, but when it comes to Ice Beam spamming, it's no contest; Buneary's beam beats it hands down. So, no date for the sad Phione, it's time to go back into the ocean.

*continues to linger around*