• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Holder of Glacier Badge in World Tournament Championship?

Which is most likely to happened ?

• He would came and take the positon

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Someone would take that positon

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Let it Go

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ludger

スポック
So I have been thinking of there might be someone who replaced Pryce or he would come back to hold the Glacier Badge(Which is the least theory possibilities) because I think that is the crucial part of World Tournament. While anyone busy of how Pokedex Holders would react after they meet each other, I am kinda found a hole in World Tournament because they need every Gym Leader from every region. In this Case, one of Johto Gym Leader is gone and they need Mahogany Gym Leader to come at World Tournament. It couldn't be logical if there is only 7 Gym Leader coming

While Pryce is gone by literally meaning, Who would replace him with Mahogany Gym Leader rank. Or would he came back after what he done, He almost destroy Pokemon 1st Gym Tournament and making anyone suffer(Silver and Blue). And if he just come back like it was nothing happened, it could be less logical . Or there is no replaces for him or he wouldn't come back and just let that to be a hole, that is even less logical(Except the main story of BW2 chapter of adventures is only focused at the Pokedex Holders Reunion).

So....Any Suggestion ?

Maxim

Beyond repair
If they really want to reveal Pryce's replacement they better do it in HGSS already.

But I'm afraid that it'll be just unexplained.

Also, I don't think that we'll see EVERYONE in PWT in PokeSpe. I doubt it'll be done that precisely.

Weedy Spyze

No, they don't need every gym leader from every region to take part in the World Tournament at all. I'm hoping we don't see any non-Unova gym leaders whatsoever outside of maybe a one-page cameo, because all they would do is waste panel space that could be used for something much more interesting and exciting. The gym leaders in the game were only there to provide fanservice anyway, and fanservice in Adventures is something that can be done much better and more conveniently with bringing in all of the Dex holders. Really, who here cares if we see all of the old gym leaders in Adventures' World Tournament? I sure don't.

As to answer your question, who knows? I really doubt Mahogany's gym leader will be brought back up again, because it's not very important to the overall storyline (even in HGSS).

Last edited:

Red_the_knight

Pokemon Warrior
Oh I wouldn't say that. Don't forget that since GSC, two slots were gone from the Kanto Region, and both Janine and Green had to take their place as Gym Leader. Did you forget about Giovanni and Koga? They left because Giovanni is still trying to ruler but no more, and Koga left because he went from Gym Leader to Elite four. Without filling in the gaps or coming back to take your spot, then the Pokemon Tournament can't go on, and I'm referring to all the regions.

Yes it's true about the game franchise because of Pryce, but that doesn't mean that the adventure should be over since Pryce was gone. So the third option is faulty, but the other two are the other chances left. If you don't believe me, sue me.

G-SANtos

As to answer your question, who knows? I really doubt Mahogany's gym leader will be brought back up again, because it's not very important to the overall storyline (even in HGSS).
If it were unimportant, Kusaka wouldn't have said "secret" when asked what happened with the Gym.
We have three missing characters: Sakaki (Giovanni), Yanagi (Pryce), and Saque (Sird). And we also have the World Tournament in the BW2 games.
A crossover is probably guaranteed, and could end these plotlines that may or may not be connected.

No, they don't need every gym leader from every region to take part in the World Tournament at all. I'm hoping we don't see any non-Unova gym leaders whatsoever outside of maybe a one-page cameo, because all they would do is waste panel space that could be used for something much more interesting and exciting. The gym leaders in the game were only there to provide fanservice anyway, and fanservice in Adventures is something that can be done much better and more conveniently with bringing in all of the Dex holders. Really, who here cares if we see all of the old gym leaders in Adventures' World Tournament? I sure don't.
What if the Gym Leaders (or some of them) do something very relevant to the plot?
I think the main problem with the panel space is because this is a monthly manga. I wonder if the manga would benefit more if it were weekly? More chapters means less need to rush the story.

Weedy Spyze

If it were unimportant, Kusaka wouldn't have said "secret" when asked what happened with the Gym.

We have three missing characters: Sakaki (Giovanni), Yanagi (Pryce), and Saque (Sird). And we also have the World Tournament in the BW2 games.

A crossover is probably guaranteed, and could end these plotlines that may or may not be connected.

What if the Gym Leaders (or some of them) do something very relevant to the plot?

Well, we've gone about 26 volumes without it ever being an important plot point, so I don't see why it would/should be one now. And when did he say that? Why is it supposed to be a "secret"?

How is a crossover 'guaranteed'? It's not at all. Let Giovanni and the rest of them rot in hell or whatever, I don't care about them anymore. The Black 2/White 2 games aren't about him, Pryce, or Sird, they're about Ghetsis and Team Plasma, who are much more interesting villains that the manga hasn't had much chance to use to their full potential. Let them have their moment to shine instead of bringing back those has-beens that have no relevance to Unova at all.

There's nothing any of them could do that another character more relevant to the plot (like a Unova gym leader) could do just as easily. Why should a Kanto character be important to a Unova story arc's plot?

Last edited:

G-SANtos

Well, we've gone about 26 volumes without it ever being an important plot point, so I don't see why it would/should be one now. And when did he say that? Why is it supposed to be a "secret"?
Seems like you missed when lolipiece pointed it out.
A minor thing was just Tweeted today.

Someone asked Kusaka this.
What happened to Chouji Gym after Yanagi's disappearance? Will upcoming HeartGold/SoulSIlver volumes answer

Kusaka replied this.
ひみつ…!

It says "Himitsu", which means secret.

A hint of things to come, maybe?

How is a crossover 'guaranteed'? It's not at all. Let Giovanni and the rest of them rot in hell or whatever, I don't care about them anymore. The Black 2/White 2 games aren't about him, Pryce, or Sird, they're about Ghetsis and Team Plasma, who are much more interesting villains that the manga hasn't had much chance to use to their full potential. Let them have their moment to shine instead of bringing back those has-beens that have no relevance to Unova at all.
I said "probably", not "surely, obviously, exclusively, intrinsecally, unavoidably". In the games you must enter the World Tournament to progress on the story, so it's hard to imagine Kusaka skipping it, or not using the one thing that solely made the world Tournament appear in the games: crossover.

There's nothing any of them could do that another character more relevant to the plot (like a Unova gym leader) could do just as easily. Why should a Kanto character be important to a Unova story arc's plot?
Well, there's a former Rocket Underling (Grunt) living in Isshu in the games. Kusaka could make something out of it. He is known for giving bigger roles/stories to many characters.
Or not. Some characters that could be useful, such as the Mimic Girl (Copycat), who could have been a master of disguises or something, never appeared in the manga.

Weedy Spyze

Seems like you missed when lolipiece pointed it out.

I said "probably", not "surely, obviously, exclusively, intrinsecally, unavoidably". In the games you must enter the World Tournament to progress on the story, so it's hard to imagine Kusaka skipping it, or not using the one thing that solely made the world Tournament appear in the games: crossover.

Well, there's a former Rocket Underling (Grunt) living in Isshu in the games. Kusaka could make something out of it. He is known for giving bigger roles/stories to many characters.
Or not. Some characters that could be useful, such as the Mimic Girl (Copycat), who could have been a master of disguises or something, never appeared in the manga.

Seems like I did. I don't read every post around these parts, especially one that was posted six months before I even registered for the site anyway.

Well yeah, but the only World Tournament characters you fight to progress through the story are Hugh, Cheren, and Colress. The Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh characters are all post-game and completely optional as far as the story is concerned, so in my books they should remain that way in the manga as well. Well except for the dexholders, anyway. If they can be added for the climax in a cool way that would be awesome.

It doesn't look like that guy is even gonna appear in HGSS's arc, so I don't think he's gonna appear in BW/B2W2's either. I can't imagine how he could possibly be useful for the plot, anyway.

The Copycat girl would've been a cute little cameo. I have to keep that in mind for if and when I get to that point in my rewrite fanfic.

Ludger

スポック
Well yeah, but the only World Tournament characters you fight to progress through the story are Hugh, Cheren, and Colress. The Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh characters are all post-game and completely optional as far as the story is concerned, so in my books they should remain that way in the manga as well. Well except for the dexholders, anyway. If they can be added for the climax in a cool way that would be awesome.

Yeah but BW2 Games kinda lack of plot in games than BW(It gots only 36/40 rating unlike its perfectly scored BW) so I suggest it would be great to add more plot rather than Copy and Edit it. I just want the entire new plot such as GSC, Yellow, FRLG, and RS again but the games developed the Plot as the times goes and the writters Had to make the plot based on the games story.

The Copycat girl would've been a cute little cameo. I have to keep that in mind for if and when I get to that point in my rewrite fanfic.

If she would appear, she must have significance role there
Kotone would be the Copycat girl and trying to copycating Crystal as much as possible

Weedy Spyze

Yeah but BW2 Games kinda lack of plot in games than BW(It gots only 36/40 rating unlike its perfectly scored BW) so I suggest it would be great to add more plot rather than Copy and Edit it. I just want the entire new plot such as GSC, Yellow, FRLG, and RS again but the games developed the Plot as the times goes and the writters Had to make the plot based on the games story.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say here. Are you saying that BW2 (the games) have no plot? If so, what BW2 games are we talking about here? The ones released in Japan about a month ago by far have the most plot of any game in the franchise's history, including their prequels. And what do you mean "only" a 36/40? That's an amazing score. Not that a reviewer's score has any bearing on what the manga should write in the first place...

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
It will be Candice! She'll reveal she's been doing double duty between Snowpoint and Mahogany due to her fierce battle personality. She'll be tired and sleep through her battles. Assuming there is a World Tournament arc in BW2.

Weedy Spyze

It will be Candice! She'll reveal she's been doing double duty between Snowpoint and Mahogany due to her fierce battle personality. She'll be tired and sleep through her battles. Assuming there is a World Tournament arc in BW2.

Hehe. Why not Brycen, then? The Icirrus Gym has been discontinued, after all. His gym title is even "Ice Mask." He fits perfecty!

Ludger

スポック

So........One person having two Gym Leader Position. That is not acceptable in PWTC I think.

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Hehe. Why not Brycen, then? The Icirrus Gym has been discontinued, after all. His gym title is even "Ice Mask." He fits perfecty!

Even better :) Watch Pokespecial try and make some kind of connection between Brycen and Pryce. It would be funny if Gold actually met Brycen, learns his title and yells "It's Pryce's son! Beat him up before he starts another Team Rocket!" Oh that would be funny. It would never happen of course but would give me a good laugh.

Recon

Even better :) Watch Pokespecial try and make some kind of connection between Brycen and Pryce. It would be funny if Gold actually met Brycen, learns his title and yells "It's Pryce's son! Beat him up before he starts another Team Rocket!" Oh that would be funny. It would never happen of course but would give me a good laugh.

Nah, he'll just do something completely unorthodox and random then get held back by Crystal. But either way, yeah, that would be so funny.

PokemonOwn

To fill the hole in from Pryce would probably be some insane nutbag who needs to do something pointless for Pokemon that's really stupid.

Lorelei?

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Oh I wouldn't say that. Don't forget that since GSC, two slots were gone from the Kanto Region, and both Janine and Green had to take their place as Gym Leader. Did you forget about Giovanni and Koga? They left because Giovanni is still trying to ruler but no more, and Koga left because he went from Gym Leader to Elite four. Without filling in the gaps or coming back to take your spot, then the Pokemon Tournament can't go on, and I'm referring to all the regions.

They did that because it parallels the games, nothing happened to Pryce in the games' canon, so there's less reason to elaborate on it.

They probably said that so they can do something with them later should they decide to.

To fill the hole in from Pryce would probably be some insane nutbag who needs to do something pointless for Pokemon that's really stupid.

Lorelei?

LOL, I can see her filling in for Pryce, she's not really doing anything, is she?

Recon

LOL, I can see her filling in for Pryce, she's not really doing anything, is she?

She's probably too busy cuddling with her Pokedolls in her house on the Sevii Islands.

Recon

To be honest, I don't know what she'd being doing with Red's, if you know my meaning.

Who else could it possibly be?

I like the Brycen theory Weedy brought up.