• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hole in One at PokéGolf (1053)

Agstrek

This episode was overall boring to me, but I liked Kahili and her relationship with her Toucanon and a few moments of the classmates. I also liked how Kahili regained her passion towards pokegolf because of the fun she had playing it with the classmates.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I liked this episode. It didn't stand out too much, but it was fun. A bit of a shame we didn't get Z-Moves with the golf like with the baseball and ping-pong episodes, but the stuff we did get was fun. I like how the crazy old master guy showed up again and how Lana had a perpetually unimpressed face whenever he spoke, probably because she still remembered him from the Wishiwashi episode. Kiawe's first attempt with the feint on his swing caught me off guard and was funny. Togedemaru scaring the Diglett with its Scary Face attack was just as over-the-top as it had to be to be funny. And they rightfully went way more over-the-top with that tenth hole. There isn't too much in terms of plot or story here, so make it up with just going into all-out insanity. And that Beak Blast with Kahili holding Toucannon like that was so bad-ass it was awesome. I also like how the crazy old master guy sometimes does have something in his claims. His shot with his Krabby wasn't all-bad.

DatsRight

This one wasn't too bad I guess. It was another basic "how to cheat with your Pokemon at sports" filler (it's hard to really get invested in these games when they don't seem to have any set rules), but I did like the character moments. This did kind of end up a limelight episode for Kahili, who is going through something of a professional crisis, in that sense it was nice they tried to give her a mini bit of development in her minimal role in the anime. Toucannon also got much fuller spotlight in this episode, with a great characterisation and bond with its trainer.

I do appreciate they tried to give each student a few gags and moments, even the less suspected characters like Mallow did a bit of bungling here and there. It seems since Poni they are at least slowly TRYING to even out the limelight with the main group, just unlike Poni they get it right here by toying with everyone's funny quirks rather than making Ash do 90% of the comic relief that makes this series.

Other details I enjoyed were the long awaited return of 'try hard' Lillie, Kiawe and Marowak's man-hug, and the old man's constant amping up of his exaggerated backstory (along with that perfect timed gag with him ignoring Rotor's 'bull crap detection'). Also one of few games Ash doesn't fail miserably at.

By the way, this thread doesn't seem to be appearing on the Ultra Legends episode page.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
This one wasn't too bad I guess. It was another basic "how to cheat with your Pokemon at sports" filler (it's hard to really get invested in these games when they don't seem to have any set rules), but I did like the character moments. This did kind of end up a limelight episode for Kahili, who is going through something of a professional crisis, in that sense it was nice they tried to give her a mini bit of development in her minimal role in the anime. Toucannon also got much fuller spotlight in this episode, with a great characterisation and bond with its trainer.

I do appreciate they tried to give each student a few gags and moments, even the less suspected characters like Mallow did a bit of bungling here and there. It seems since Poni they are at least slowly TRYING to even out the limelight with the main group, just unlike Poni they get it right here by toying with everyone's funny quirks rather than making Ash do 90% of the comic relief that makes this series.

Other details I enjoyed were the long awaited return of 'try hard' Lillie, Kiawe and Marowak's man-hug, and the old man's constant amping up of his exaggerated backstory (along with that perfect timed gag with him ignoring Rotor's 'bull crap detection'). Also one of few games Ash doesn't fail miserably at.

By the way, this thread doesn't seem to be appearing on the Ultra Legends episode page.
it's unstickied for some reason

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Wow, it took a while for the mods to create this thread.

I just wanted to say, Ash is the greatest baseball player on the team. Lillie's tryhard moment just made the episode for me. It was a pretty fun yet uneventful filler episode. I'd prefer another PokeBase episode but they really did give it their all to make golf seem slightly interesting.

Come on guys, at least Ash wasn't a buttmonkey in this episode.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Loved this episode. While I’m kind of irked on Kahili not having her in game personality (speaking of which is her battle prowess as a former Island Challenge Champion ever brought up?), I did enjoy her in this episode. Being burned out to the point where it gets in your performance is such a relatable feeling for me. My favorite part of the episode was Toucannon. The thing is so funny and I liked that it kept egging on Kahili. Using its beak as an actual cannon was great. Best sport episode 10/10

AuraGuardian448

Aura Guardian
Extremely simplistic episode. I think I enjoyed the Table Tennis and Baseball episodes more. Also not impressed by Taucannon's Break Blasts animation, since it just looks like an older iteration of Hyper Beam for the most part.. Predictable as usual obligatory Iron Tail functionality, not that it's a bad thing. Everytime I see Kahili she just reminds me of Winona, haha.
---
Seeing as how this episode had decent focus on Taucannon, did I miss out on any hasty theories made by people that Satoshi could have still caught a Taucannon despite confirmation that he was planned to get a Rowlett, during the series' earlier days?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Nothing in her in-game dialogue suggests any of that though

She's as bland as the random camper on the random route in the random region
It literally does? The first two comes from her pre battle dialogue and the last comes from post game dialogue. She has like a dozen lines in game so I don’t know how you missed that

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kahili is competitive, stoic, wears a scowl on her face to reflect Toucannon's scowl, and the prospect of battle is what convinces her to even fight as an Elite Four.

None of these carry over to the anime. Here, she's just another quirky character whose profession turned into a wacky sport (unless it actually was meant to look like that in the games...but I don't buy it. If it did, she would be another game!Kiawe).

Leonhart

Imagineer
I really like Kahili's design even though I wasn't too fond of her cold aloofness in the games, but the anime portrayed her well enough here. I don't know much about golf and I can't say that the sport interests me that much, but at least Satoshi and his classmates had fun. The only thing that would've made this episode better would've been a battle against Kahili.

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. Enjoyed the moments where Toucannon was getting annoyed at Master Caddy, once again lying with his years. Despte the episode not being eventful, I'm glad to see Ash and friends having fun with Pokémon Golf and Kahili assisting them. Liked the ending where Kahili and Toucannon are back to enjoying golfing together. She wanted to take time off for a time, at least. Let her, yeah?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Fun episode. I like how the Spinarak is just sitting there on the one hole. And Lillie going overboard with swinging the club.

MockingJ

Banned
Kahili was much more kind than I expected. She always gave me this stoic/rude kind of vibe in the games, but she was nice enough in this episode. I really hate golf though so that part of the episode made me snooze lol.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Kahili was much more kind than I expected. She always gave me this stoic/rude kind of vibe in the games, but she was nice enough in this episode. I really hate golf though so that part of the episode made me snooze lol.
If she had worn edgy clothing, trust me when I say her original attitude would have stuck.

Alas.