• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hole in One at PokéGolf (1053)

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
It was funny to see that our favorite expert fisherman and sledster with 99 and 9 months of experience returned.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Also, this episode convinced me that the Whatever Gurus are another group of utterly identical siblings with the same running gag. I realized that they all speak differently; Fishing Guru spoke pretty normally, PokéSled Guru slurred his words so heavily that it was hard to even understand him, and Caddy Guru is a reverse weeaboo, peppering his sentences with whatever English words he happens to know and sounding utterly ridiculous as a result.

Oh, they're all different characters? I really thought all 3 were the same guy.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Oh, they're all different characters? I really thought all 3 were the same guy.
I mean it could still be the same guy putting on a different accent each time... But that to me seems like a rather pointless thing to do, and this is in an anime that already has a precedent for having multiple characters who are related to each other and who look completely identical.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I mean it could still be the same guy putting on a different accent each time... But that to me seems like a rather pointless thing to do, and this is in an anime that already has a precedent for having multiple characters who are related to each other and who look completely identical.
Gotcha so - I only watch the dub. I'm assuming this accent thing isn't something that was carried over to the dub? I certainly didn't notice it, but also the three episodes were so far apart that I might just not remember his exact accent each time.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Tooki? A game like Pokemon golf feels a little weird but at the same time I found it strangely intriguing. This is one of the times that I wish they did more pokemon translations because even though I could get a general idea of his talking, it seemed like the golf pro's partner pokemon had a lot to say. Hooray for the surprise Krabby appearance!

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Toucannon and Kahili were wasted potential. I'd rather see her appear in an episode about her becoming an E4 member than in this episode about golf. And yes I'm aware that she liked golfing in the games too but idgaf it was boring to watch here.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Toucannon and Kahili were wasted potential. I'd rather see her appear in an episode about her becoming an E4 member than in this episode about golf. And yes I'm aware that she liked golfing in the games too but idgaf it was boring to watch here.

Don't forget the fact she looked like a no-nonsense lady in the games, but her anime counterpart is a far cry of that (which also includes her abysmal lack of power).

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I don't even think the Alola E4 exists in the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:

I did feel a little annoyed that she was reduced to minor character status in an episode about golf, but in hindsight Alola hadn't formed its own set of Four Heavenly Kings yet, so this was one of the few roles that she could've gotten.