• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Holiday Hi-Jynx! (065)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Holiday Hi-Jynx!

Finding a lone Jynx holding Santa's Shoe. Ash decides to help it find it's trainer Santa...but things get messy when Jessie & James take Santa hostage. Can Ash & co. get there in time and save him?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Psychic Venusaur

Pokemon Master
How many times has this episode been shown? I've only seen it like once, they really should show it again. By now Santa should upgrade to Stantler instead of Rapidash.

Medea

Excalibur
How many times has this episode been shown? I've only seen it like once, they really should show it again. By now Santa should upgrade to Stantler instead of Rapidash

;124; They only showed this episode once in the U.S. (Holiday season 1999). The reason for that is that many people think that Jynx is a stereo-type of African Americans. That is the reason why they only showed this once.

Last edited:

Heracross

Custom User Title
Actually, it was shown at least twice, I know that for a fact. I was able to get this one on tape and it avoided being taped over somehow, so now I'm pretty proud to have one of the unnoficial banned episodes, even though I'm pretty sure you can still buy it. Really it wasn't a very good episode though. I mean, the whole christmas thing was all good, but I just never really liked the actual episode too much. I always thought it was confusing how TR were just randomly in that big castle up on the cliff for no apperent reason. The introduction of Lapras was kinda cool, and it was amusing how Jynx was always trying to kiss Brock.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
They must have showed this about 5 years ago, or something. Man, I'll probably never see it again...

Chris

Old Coot
Jesse GS the II said:
Not to mention that this episode pushed the surrealism factor further than it's ever gone before or since - a guest appearance from Santa Claus? PLEASE.
Yes, and I'm sure a world where monsters shoot unlimited supplies of fire and water from their mouths is real. >_>

Didn't like how the dub handled changing Musashi's past. Sure, the whole "not believing in Santa Clause" bit could have worked. But the problem was she still DID. Only she believed he was a Jynx. XD

Amadeus Windfall

Gespenst KIIIICK!
I love this episode- I mean, Santa Claus having tons of Jynx? Just. Awesome. In the UK, Toonami should show this episode, along with "Snow Way Out", on Christmas Eve.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I just watched this episode the other day to put myself in the Christmas mood. It's so weird now, after watching season seven for so long, to hear Ash when his voice was an octave higher. :eek: Anyway, I really like this episode because it's so different from the norm, and it's a chance for Team Rocket to shine (when they're not being badniks, of course), which is so rare nowadays. I like the end when jynx gives them the sweet kiss too. :) This is definitely a great episode for the holidays.

Chris

Old Coot
Ruujura used Lovely Kiss, not Sweet Kiss. This was before Johto. >.>

IceKing

Sexorific!
I remember the joy I felt when this episode aired. I always thougth Jynx was so awesome after seeing her on the pokerap. I was like Whoa that pokemon is so cool. Jynx's kiss knocked the pokemon out which was awesome. I liked the way she used her psychci powers to show them memories and such. This episode also explained Jynx's part ice type, they come from the North Pole! Santa Claus was great add in too.

S

ShadowSneasal

You can still get this episode on video. I'm not sure which one though. It wasn't really that great because when I saw it, it wasn't (unofficially) banned yet.

Tazzler

jynx is one of my favorite pokemon and im glad there was an episode entirely devoted to her it was funny that santa clause has jynxes instead of elves

SugarFairy

I love Dara <3
i have seen this episode in both english and japanese. i like this episode. they dont show many episodes with jynx in it. to bad too it would be nice seeing jynx again. how many appearcns has jynx made in the us? i think about 1 or 2. sad isnt it? this episode was pretty good ^^ but yet confusing