• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Holiday Hi-Jynx! (065)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
They have recoloured the episode to change Jynx to current colours. It'll be airing on Pokémon Smash next week
sm121223_index_02.w145.jpg

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I swear I've seen this a few times on Toonami... Do you think this edited version will be aired overseas?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I swear I've seen this a few times on Toonami... Do you think this edited version will be aired overseas?

Probably, if it hasn't already. I was just unaware of it having been done. Last I heard is that it was pulled out of rotation

Ah, the writers knew my pain was still there about them letting go Starmie, so they had to backtrack. Haha. It was a good episode, it was funny to see the gang evade Jynx's Lovey Kiss.

Vegeta8639

Vegeta8639
I still think that this edit is completely unnecessary but I guess it's ok if it means the episode will no longer be banned.
And maybe they will also improve the animation for the episode to look more like BW?

Ke$ha

Banned
I still remember this episode from when I was a kid lol. I loved to see Jessies story about her toy that was stolen and it was funny that the Jynx took it to Santas workshop and I like that Lapras could talk to humans. Im surprized that Jynx was changed to purple in the japanese cartoon and I hope that she stays the same colour in the english cartoon. :)

NPT

Just a member
What a weird episode! It's really odd that the writers decides to put Santa Clause in Pokémon! Having Santa Claus in the Pokémon world felt very strange, he dosen't belong in there. Team Rocket were just annoying in this episode, I didn't like Jessie comtemplating revenge on Santa Clause.
This episode also featured my least favorite Pokémon Jynx, who caused controversy after the English dub's airing of this episode. Later Game Freak had to change the colour of Jynx. There's another version of this episode of Japan where Jynx is re-coloured Purple, too bad we won't get the edited version of that episode in here.
Even though I didn't like the concept of the whole episode, I did like some scenes from it. I liked the scene where Ash tries to catch Jynx. Ash sends out Pikachu to battle the Jynx and catch her, but she grabs him and then tries to kiss him. Misty tried to warn Pikachu about Jynx's Sweet Kiss attack, but it was too late! Jynx managed to give a Sweet kiss on Pikachu's cheek,(Ewww!) making him fall asleep. It's cool when Ash's Charmender came out and owned that annoying Jynx. The scene where Ash meets the Lapras was nice, it's interesting how the Lapras could talk in human speech.

got quite a few posts to put back here because of the downtime. Well, no time like the present

This was a truly unique episode of the show.
I never thought a show like this would ever make a holiday/Christmas-themed episode.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Jessie's hatred of Santa simply because his Jynx took her doll made me cackle. Jessie was so obsessive back in OS. Seeing Ash and friends encounter a Jynx in a tropical setting was odd though, but I liked that they put their Water-types to good use. Lapras's debut could've been way better though in my view; I wasn't a fan of its telepathic voice.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was a fan of how Christmasy this episode was although seeing Santa's sled being pulled by fire types like Rapidash was odd ha ha. Lapras' ability to speak was interesting and so was the journey to Santa's workshop.

Gillachu

Banned
I heard that this episode got art edits recently to change Jynx's face. I liked Jessie's vendetta against Santa though, and the talking Lapras was epic.

Santa's workshop being close to Kanto was strange + Jessie's grudge against Jynx for taking her doll was fun to watch. She always has a temper. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm not sure why Rougela taking Musashi's doll made Musashi so vindictive, but then again, Musashi's known to blow a fuse over anything. The telepathic Laplace was interesting, in that I was curious about how it had the ability to use telepathy in the first place. Santa Claus being held hostage was silly.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
When I saw this episode, I was assuming Jessie's mansion was her mother's since she was a high rank Team Rocket member. It's cool when Ash's Charmender came out and owned that annoying Jynx. The scene where Ash meets the Lapras was nice, it's interesting how the Lapras could talk in human speech.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
It made sense since Kanto didn't have deer Pokemon so flaming horses were the next best thing.

Right I kind of figured that as well when I began thinking about it hee hee. Although those Rapidash seemed like odd choices still cuz you'd think that their flames would melt all the ice at Santa's workshop.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Although those Rapidash seemed like odd choices still cuz you'd think that their flames would melt all the ice at Santa's workshop.

Eh, it's not as if this episode made any sense at all to begin with. The whole North Pole and Santa Claus plot was ridiculous, so the Rapidash thing is the least of our worries.

Leonhart

Imagineer
When I saw this episode, I was assuming Jessie's mansion was her mother's since she was a high rank Team Rocket member.

Miyamoto may've been a high ranking Rocket-dan member, but I'd hazard a guess that she had left Musashi to search for Mew before the Rougela flashback from this episode, so I also don't think Musashi's childhood manor was hers.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The whole North Pole and Santa Claus plot was ridiculous, so the Rapidash thing is the least of our worries.

I guess that's true since we also saw a talking Lapras here which didn't make much sense either, although I assumed that the North Pole location that was shown here was an anime exclusive place cuz I doubt Ash's group actually visited the Arctic.