• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

holiday spirit yes or no?

Are you ready for the holidays?

• Total voters

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Its almost that time of year that happens right after the parents start hiding the Halloween candy: Christmas. a very contentious or joyous time of the year depending on various situations. is anyone anticipating the upcoming festivities or cant wait until they are over? ive heard enough xmas music to last a lifetime a decade ago and dont look forward to it at al. i dont mind the family get togethers and activities but the companies out for your money have other plans. their idea of getting people into the spirit has mixed results. already stores are stocking up on things and likely will start those cursed songs in a week or 2...

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I don't like getting into any holiday mood early. Most christmas songs and melodies are too cringy for me.

Not a hater by any stretch but i suffer from a ebeneser scrooge disorder "no no no, it's still too early." when seeing christmas products and advertisements before mid december.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
A good Christmas for me is when my nieces and nephew are happy.

I don't get everything I want on said holiday, but it doesn't really matter as I get enough from seeing the younger kids happy.

I sort of get excited on birthdays though. Even at my age, I still look forward to them when they are close.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Christmas is the superior holiday. Anyone who says otherwise is hopelessly incorrect. :)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Being Jewish, and knowing Hanukah will be largely ignored by the entire planet, no. I'm not in the holiday spirit. I will be an angry Jewish person for most of the month after Thanksgiving.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Yeah, count me in the camp of "It's fine as long as it's contained within December, but shouldn't overstep its limits." I know November can be pretty gloomy on its own, so I can kind of see why some would want to improve on it by making it December: The Prequel, but doing that just makes the December feel wear out its welcome once the real December shows up, which, if you ask me, it really shouldn't.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Being Jewish, and knowing Hanukah will be largely ignored by the entire planet, no. I'm not in the holiday spirit. I will be an angry Jewish person for most of the month after Thanksgiving.
Honestly, you're talking about the holiday with the cool candles.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
I don't like getting into any holiday mood early. Most christmas songs and melodies are too cringy for me.

Not a hater by any stretch but i suffer from a ebeneser scrooge disorder "no no no, it's still too early." when seeing christmas products and advertisements before mid december.

i find the songs so cringy for the past decade or so. dont even like them on the 25th at all but its suitable music. its those other places that insist on playing the music way too early and continue to do so after its past 26th. i dont mind the xmas stuff when it comes to Southpark but anything else is a hard pass. though if metal bands put thier own take on the songs then its OK.

you must be a fellow scrooger, i can relate to that. my limits are 1-2 days before 25 and not past the 26th. i usually turn the radio off to save my sanity during these times.

Antiyonder

Overlord
Doesn't phase me that anyone celebrates it early. We won't be doing decorations this year. Been a bit lazier cause of the last year and so, but I'll be doing some exercise bike riding.

Will at least watch some appropriate themed specials. Heck despite being 80s born, I do have have some favorites from the 2000s and up from say Kim Possible "A Very Possible Christmas" to My Little Pony "Best Gift Ever"*. And since they are on stream, despite having them on DVD that viewing includes Home Alone 1 and 2, plus Jingle All the Way.

Amphibia, Spidey and His Amazing Friends & The Ghost and Molly McGee are having Christmas episodes as well.

*And yeah the best gift being Friendship.

Edit: Also I got me a stuffed Pikachu last year that has a Santa Hat.

Last edited:

corruptZ

no holidays, but the spirit to be guarded until now. I'm not talking soul, but the spirit that is obtained when fighting over food.