• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Holy Matrimony! (048)

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
The end moment was the BEST EVER!!! When James was in the Hot air balloon and Jessie runs along the side and James pulls her in then they talk about staying with Team Rocket no matter how rich or poor. Awww... <3

Rocketshippingness 4 life!!!

KGB13

Man of Mystery
I loved this episode, it was so great. I thought it was funny how Jessibelle looked exactly like Jesse and I thought his family was absolutely nuts. I really wish he would have brought Growly with him, it would have been a great addition to his team.

CliveKoopa

I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts saying this is a filler because it doesn't contain a gym or capture. This obviously isn't a filler because of huge character development.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts saying this is a filler because it doesn't contain a gym or capture. This obviously isn't a filler because of huge character development.

It's not a filler because we know James's Growlith, in it's debut.
Anyway, I found it strange that James is so afraid of Jessiebelle because if he don't want to marry her he just need to say this to her and not to escape.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Anyway, I found it strange that James is so afraid of Jessiebelle because if he don't want to marry her he just need to say this to her and not to escape.

If only it were that easy. He's made it clear that he doesn't want to marry her but Jessebelle is crazy and obsessed with James and won't take no for an answer.

CliveKoopa

Yes, that too. But character development is more important than Pokemon debuts.

JohnLee

I loved this episode, it was so great. I thought it was funny how Jessibelle looked exactly like Jesse and I thought his family was absolutely nuts. I really wish he would have brought Growly with him, it would have been a great addition to his team.

I thought that it was pretty funny how they looked similar too! James even said that he would make a great addition to the team, but he didn't want it to keep blasting off.

RichRI322

I just saw this episode again, and it still is one of the more lackluster in this season. The story is just so very basic and no real end result.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
^well, that's your opinion and I respect that but my opinion is BEST EP ever as I'm a Rocketshipper. <3 J+J forever!!!

CliveKoopa

I just saw this episode again, and it still is one of the more lackluster in this season. The story is just so very basic and no real end result.

How is this episode basic? This has huge character development for James and we learn a lot about his history and his family.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I liked Growlie too bad he didn't take it with him.

By now it could have been a great contest pokemon for Jessie.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Okay either my posts that I thought I posted in these threads didn't go through or something very weird is going on, I know I reviewed this thread!

This episode was one of the best, it is a good backstory to James. James's story was quite sad but lol when Brock and Ash were going "I can't believe James is gone!" and Misty was like "He's right here!".
I can see why James is scared of Jessebella, I wonder if he would ever want to get married (In Heartbreak of Brock he says he hates the word fiance. I bet if it was that sort of show James would have commitment issues).

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Jessibelle is a crooked dominatrix and I'm glad James didn't marry her. Growlithe was so badass and nothing beats the Jessie and James moment at the end. By the way James' fantasy flashback nearly made me cry.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Looking back, I'm surprised they cared about James enough to give him his own episode. Of course it was all worth it, that his one real friend is a lifelong pet that he refuses to take into his TR career despite it's being the strongest Pokemon he'll ever own is a surprisingly deep thought for this show.

And of course Jezebelle, queen of Stun Spore abuse. And abuse in general.

G50

No longer posting
Another very bizarre episode... Jessibelle is wacko! James barely escaped from her entrapment. Too bad James left Growlie behind, would've loved to see him bring Growlie along :-(

20/100

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
The end moment was the BEST EVER!!! When James was in the Hot air balloon and Jessie runs along the side and James pulls her in then they talk about staying with Team Rocket no matter how rich or poor. Awww... <3

Rocketshippingness 4 life!!!

I know!!! I loved this ep when I was younger, one of the best JessiexJames moments in the entire show. And such a genuinely tender bit too, in an otherwise slightly wacky episode ^___^

Character development in an anime that many believe is bereft of such lofty pursuits. Excellent.

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
Man, that Jessibelle is crazy. I don't blame James for running away from home; if I had to marry someone as crazy as her, I would run away too!

Seeing James reunite with his Growlithe was so sweet. The two are really cute together. ^_^ It is unfortunate that Growlie couldn't go with him, though.

And isn't this the episode where James told a story about how he died? That was funny, especially since everyone except Misty was crying and didn't notice that the story made no sense. :p

this episode still makes me cry
im one of those people that goes for the bad guys
its nice to see there gentler side come out broke my heart james and growlie