• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Holy Matrimony! (048)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
James owning a Growlithe surprised me and I wanted him to take it with him. 8/10

Well it would've been a nice team addition for him, although knowing how Team Rocket blasts off constantly, it would've been very sad to see Growlithe get that fate time after time. :[

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Well it would've been a nice team addition for him, although knowing how Team Rocket blasts off constantly, it would've been very sad to see Growlithe get that fate time after time. :[

Not unless James had babied Growlie and kept him in his Poke Ball to avoid him getting harmed.~

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Not unless James had babied Growlie and kept him in his Poke Ball to avoid him getting harmed.~

Well if he had joined James here and simply been handled like a pet with no chances to battle, that would've been pretty terrible from my perspective. I feel that all Pokemon who belong to main characters should have the capacity to get involved in battles.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I don't understand one thing: How come James had to marry Jessebelle in the first place if he obviously had no feelings for her?

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I don't understand one thing: How come James had to marry Jessebelle in the first place if he obviously had no feelings for her?

If I remember correctly, it was an arranged marriage that his parents had planned and if James had agreed to it, his parents would've given James his inheritance money hee hee. The whole thing was messed up and unfair to James however. :[

Alloutℯ

Banned
If I remember correctly, it was an arranged marriage that his parents had planned and if James had agreed to it, his parents would've given James his inheritance money hee hee. The whole thing was messed up and unfair to James however. :[

Why did his parents want to force him to marry Jessebelle though? I mean, I can't see what was in it for them even if he had gone with it.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Now that I think of it, Jessie and Jessebelle are similar-looking to each other. Could they have been separated at birth?

It's also ironic that James owns a Growlithe, since it's a favorite Pokemon of every Officer Jenny in at least Kanto.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Jessiebelle scared me; she was like a scarier clone of Jessie lol. I thought this was a great episode that focused on James and Growlithe.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Why did his parents want to force him to marry Jessebelle though? I mean, I can't see what was in it for them even if he had gone with it.

I dunno if it was mentioned, but I had assumed that perhaps Jessebelle's family was rich and James' parents wanted the two families to share the wealth. Whatever the reason, I think they had their own greedy reasons for wanting the wedding to occur.

This whole episode kinda worried me. I mean, what kind of parent pretends to be dead in order to get their son to come home, so that they can trap him in a cellar with a mad woman who has a strange fondness for whips?

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This whole episode kinda worried me. I mean, what kind of parent pretends to be dead in order to get their son to come home, so that they can trap him in a cellar with a mad woman who has a strange fondness for whips?

James's parents were just messed up in general. I mean, it's no wonder why James ran away from home...

Alloutℯ

Banned
It's kinda weird how Jessie, James and Meowth have had more of their history and past shown, and have had more development than the other characters.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode, but like some said, James's parents were messed up. Setting a trap to force a marriage? That feels like it's against the law or something. Jessebelle was a boring character to me. I mean, she's more like a more evil twin of Jessie. I prefer Jessie over Jessebelle. I'm sure no one who watches the episodes where Jessebelle is featured would want to marry her.

James's Growlie was cool, though.

gentwoer

It's kinda weird how Jessie, James and Meowth have had more of their history and past shown, and have had more development than the other characters.

Probably because the other characters aren't terribly interesting.

I do like that probably by complete accident Jessie end up becoming one of the more nuanced and heartbreaking characters of the show

Leonhart

Imagineer
I do wonder why Kojirou's parents were willing to let him marry that psychopath Rumika, although his parents seemed somewhat insane themselves.

Vileplume's debut was a rip off since it was mainly a gag Pokemon owned by Jessebelle. When we saw how greedy Jessebelle was, I almost pitied James.

Zyar

Unknown Member

I figured it's because Jessie and James are much older than any of the twerps and, as such, are bound to have more history behind them. And Meowth is a freaking talking Pokémon –you gotta explain that somehow at some point in the series! Also, since they're the villains, they have to have sad pasts to "justify" or make their actions a little more understandable and make more people sympathize with them.

Plus, I think it helped a lot that Takeshi Shudo had a fondness for them.

I figured that Rumika's design resembled Musashi's design as a kind of inside joke to show the audience that Kojirou has a tendency to run into bossy, manipulative women.

Oh, god, that's just brilliant!

Leonhart

Imagineer
Zyar said:
Plus, I think it helped a lot that Takeshi Shudo had a fondness for them.

This whole episode felt like an homage to him from my vantage point since it gave his favorite trio of characters a whole episode to themselves basically, while Satoshi and his friends simply observed the madness and didn't get too involved.