• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Holy Matrimony! (048)

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
This episode was eh. It was nice to learn more of James' backstory. Jessibelle's personality was grating, though.
5/10

I liked this episode because it humanized James and made him seem like a good person before he joined Team Rocket and became a fugitive of the law. I liked how Jessibelle was basically Jessie with a southern accent, but I thought James's parents were traitors because they were basically giving up their son to such a horrible woman. I felt so happy when James chose to following Jessie and Meowth.

It felt so sudden to learn that James came from a rich background and that his parents thought he was missing. I think that Jessebelle was a great character and my favorite scene was when she went chasing after Ash and his friends at the end of the episode because she thought they were close to James. I thought that James could've at least taken Growlithe with him in the end too because James had such a lame team during this part of Kanto. 7/10

lukipants

this episode was one of the best fillers for real. it's literally hilarious, it had me laughing so much, jessie and meowth thinking they were invisible was unforgettable. and it had me crying in the end when james came back in the hot air balloon. plus i really liked how it was focused on team rocket, kinda sad james didnt have growlie join along, great episode overall.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
this episode was one of the best fillers for real. it's literally hilarious, it had me laughing so much, jessie and meowth thinking they were invisible was unforgettable. and it had me crying in the end when james came back in the hot air balloon. plus i really liked how it was focused on team rocket, kinda sad james didnt have growlie join along, great episode overall.

Jessie and Meowth were being kinda dumb if they really thought that wearing black clothing was gonna trick James' parents into not seeing them.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
Jessie and Meowth were being kinda dumb if they really thought that wearing black clothing was gonna trick James' parents into not seeing them.

Originally the dark costumes that they wore were meant to be the kind of clothing that stagehands wear to blend into the background during kabuki plays, only here it was exaggerated to make Musashi and Nyasu think that they'd work the same way in broad daylight.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Originally the dark costumes that they wore were meant to be the kind of clothing that stagehands wear to blend into the background during kabuki plays, only here it was exaggerated to make Musashi and Nyasu think that they'd work the same way in broad daylight.

So it was one of TRio's stupider plans since it wasn't fooling anyone. Even James called them out on it because he knew that the black clothes weren't gonna trick his parents lol.

GROWLIE!!!!! Wish he would have went with James.

This was a great episode that demonstrates the contrast between Jessie and James childhoods.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Just watched this, & it was still funny, with a heartwarming ending.

The scene where James leaves Growlith, near the end, where he walks into the sunset, was that a reference to something? I know the earlier scene with him dying in the snow was a reference to “A Dog of Flanders.”

James shouting “imbeciles” was funnier than it should’ve been; I guess I’m easily entertained.

beanDude

Reviewer
This was the episode that got me hooked long-term on the show. This is easily in my top 10 of all time. Not only did it provide the first glimpse at the backstory of any of the three Team Rocket characters, but it featured a lot of rather serious subject matter in exactly the right kind of way where it still hits emotionally but doesn't fall into the territory of being overly depressing. This episode was ahead of its time, the jokes and writing style remind me of Arrested Development, which didn't exist until 2003, which is the highest compliment I can give it.

Last edited: