• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Holy UU RMT Batman!

Well, this my UU team for shoddy and it hasn't been so successful so far, and I need help.

My Lead: Glassy
;409;
Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Adamant
Ability: Mold Breaker
Choice Scarf
Move 1: EQ
Move 2: Head Smash
Move 3: Stone Edge
Move 4: Zen Headbutt

This set is based off of the shoddy choice scarfer set, with the moves and nature changed by me to do what I thought would be as much as it could do. After 4-5 battles with it, it's obvious I either need help fixing it or need a new lead, but I can't figure out what.

My Mascot: Quil
;155;
Evs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Hasty
Ability: Blaze
Choice Specs
Move 1: [/B]Solarbeam[/B]
Move 2: [/B]Sunny Day[/B]
Move 3: Lava Plume
Move 4: Overheat

Now, this Pokémon is my favorite, and I won't switch him for something else. I will change anything about him, but I won't switch him.
He's my main anti-grass guy, the specs+evs let me do some damage to the Pokémon of people who're excepting to see a joke Pokémon and are laughing, and then BAM. Lava plume to the face if I plan on stay in in, or overheat for hit-and-run.
[/B]I've decided to put in the sunny beamer half of the set, incase of facing a water opponent.[/B]

The Mid-Game Scout: Flappie
;277;
EVs: 252 AtK/252 Spe/4 SpD
Jolly
Ability: Guts
Choice Band
Move 1: Brave Bird
Move 2: U-Turn
Move 3: Facade
Move 4: Quick Attack

My mid-game scout. I bring her in and if I’m good against the enemy/my previous counter was dead and I’m at least neutral with facade or brave bird, I will use either of those moves to the maximum effect. Quick attack if I can and they're faster then me, and U-turn if I need to switch to a counter/I’m not very effective against the opponent.

The Water Counter/Staller: Tommy
;479;
EVs: 252 Spe/252 SpA/4 HP
Modest
Ability: Levitate
Zap Plate
Move 1: Thunderbolt
Move 2: Discharge
Move 3: Confuse Ray
Move 4: Protect

My water counter, or if the opportunity arises, late game sweeper.
I’m really not sure what to say about him, I thunderbolt/discharge, then I confuse if necessary and then protect and hope I live. I seem to see it die too easily for my liking, though.

Mr. Sub-Seed: Pinky.
;189;
EVs: 252 Spe/252 HP/4 Atk
Calm
Ability: Chlorophyll
Leftovers
Move 1: Encore
Move 2: Sleep Powder
Move 3: Substitute
Move 4: Leech Seed

I got this set directly off of smogon. It puts the enemy to sleep, seeds, and then substitutes, and then repeats as necessary. Encore if I feel like it/they use something like growl.

The Stalling, Sweeping Wall-like thing: Blank
;350;
Evs: 148 HP/252 Def/108 SpA
Bold
Ability: Marvel Scale
Aguav Berry
Move 1: Ice Beam
Move 2: Hypnosis
Move 3: Recover
Move 4: Surf

Once again, I mostly got this set from smogon, but the item was of my own design because my leftovers were already on pinky.
I use it mostly as a fire/anything it can hit super effectively against counter, or a staller/wall for things it can stall/wall.

Looking back on my team:

;409; ;155; ;277; ;479; ;189; ;350;

Constructive criticism would be nice, nothing too nasty or anything please, as this is my first team.

Last edited:

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle
I closed my eyes and prodded my finger on your "looking back" area 2ce to choose the pokemon i'd rate, and I got Jumpluff and milotic.

Your opponent is most likely going to switch out when Jumpluff sleeps it, so a more effective subseeder would be shaymin. It has great all around stats and in addition to subseeding, it can use aromatherapy to get rid of status effects on the rest of your team. I'm actually making a team w/ a Milotic on it right now, so try out a Milotic with a flame orb and Aqua ring (you can also keep recover) with the EV spread of Hp248 / Def50 / SpDef212. This sets it's Def and SpDef at 339 (idk, i wanted them equal for some reason), and gives it a nice source of Hp when it is using a move other than recover.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
no way.

31 IVs in every stat is fishy..... don't plan on breeding that shiz.

Swellow does better with Guts and Facade. try that aproach.

Blast Burn is a move i'd never use in competitive battling. plus, 4 fire type moves on typhlosion is poor coverage.

all i can do.

no way.

Swellow does better with Guts and Facade. try that aproach.

Blast Burn is a move i'd never use in competitive battling. plus, 4 fire type moves on typhlosion is poor coverage.

all i can do.

The 31 IVs is because i have no reason to use hidden power so far, so i might aswell leave them perfect. It's made possible because this is on shoddy

Swellow already has that, and im using cyndaquil. not typhlosion.

Ill look into better coverage on my cyndaquil, and ill also look into that land-shaymin.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
cyndaquil?

are you being serious?

cyndiquil isn't even a viable pokemon even in NU.

oh, forgot to mention Guts+Facade+Flame Orb.
thats the way you should do it.

I've OHKO'd roserades and other grass-type threats, not to mention a 87% health sandslash with quil before, i do belive he's viable, if he strikes first.

Luxe

Stranded MeisterIsle

Its not really hard to believe; I have a 31/30/31/30/31 glaceon. But I do see your point about having all 31 for 6 pokemon.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I've OHKO'd roserades and other grass-type threats, not to mention a 87% health sandslash with quil before, i do belive he's viable, if he strikes first.

Your still better off using Typlosion.

Faster things are gonna rape him eventually.

you can take better hits with typhlosion, you know.

Your still better off using Typlosion.

Faster things are gonna rape him eventually.

you can take better hits with typhlosion, you know.

I know, but if you read the actual RMT, you would know that i would not consider changing cyndaquil. i may consider evolving to quilava, though.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
I know, but if you read the actual RMT, you would know that i would not consider changing cyndaquil. i may consider evolving to quilava, though.

Be relistic here.
why use a cyndiquil?

the only thing it can do is maybe get a lucky OHKO on a weak grass type.

Typlosion is going to do the exact same thing, but do other things as well.

Atleast change the cyndiquils set to a sunny beaner for more coverage, at least.

Last edited:

Reno

so adorable...
Cyndaquil shouldn't be used outside of Little Cup.

If your going to be retarted like that, then fine. Atleast change the cyndiquils set to a sunny beaner for more coverage, at least.

Don't flame. Also, it is "retarded". Ironic much?

Perfect IVs because of Shoddy. If people actually read the first post they would know this.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
peanut jam.

Cyndaquil shouldn't be used outside of Little Cup.

Perfect IVs because of Shoddy. If people actually read the first post they would know this.

srry. didn't mean to call it retarded. :p

I can get that out of control.

i didn't know about the IV thing, sorry about that too.

Don't use cyndiquil, seriously.

Typhlosion is better.

Shinobi5878

Resident Bad A**
!!!

Be relistic here.

why in the holy **** would you use a cyndiquil?

the only thing it can do is maybe get a lucky OHKO on a stupid grass type.

Typlosion is going to do the exact same thing, but do other things as well.

If your going to be retarted like that, then fine. Atleast change the cyndiquils set to a sunny beaner for more coverage, at least.

Now...excuse me if I'm wrong, but isn't the point of battling to be different and have individuality? You say no one uses Cyndiquil. Yet, he wants to use one. There fore that makes him 'unique'. It makes him different. I say that's a good thing. And I don't think he should be called retarded just because he WANTS to be different.

Anywayz. Back to the RMT.
The only thing I didn't really like was Ramphardos. He has beastly attack, but that's about it lol. I think he has mediocre speed though...I don't know. My friend's working on one so I'll see how his does and I could tell you what he did if ya want. Aside from that, cudos on the UU team. I'm making one as we speak lol. I say it's a good thing to not use OU! It's awesome to be unique! FOR THE MOTHER LAND!!!!
woops, wrong movie lol.
Anyway, good luck with this dude.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

LOL!!

and you should at least make cyndaquil into quilava at least, i'm all for originallity but cyndaquil's just "/.
if you're set on using him then you're better off giving him Eruption over blast burn since at full health they have the same power and eruption doesn't get you killed or set up on the next turn, besides blast burn acts a lot like an inferior overheat, it gives you more power except you can't switch the next turn, so having both is kinda redundant.

On rotom thunderbolt+Discharge is crappy, either use thunder wave over discharge or dump thunderbolt for an entirely different move, shadowball perhaps?

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

LOL!!

and you should at least make cyndaquil into quilava at least, i'm all for originallity but cyndaquil's just "/.
if you're set on using him then you're better off giving him Eruption over blast burn since at full health they have the same power and eruption doesn't get you killed or set up on the next turn, besides blast burn acts a lot like an inferior overheat, it gives you more power except you can't switch the next turn, so having both is kinda redundant.

On rotom thunderbolt+Discharge is crappy, either use thunder wave over discharge or dump thunderbolt for an entirely different move, shadowball perhaps?

MajorGambit

Really, this is ridiculous. Being different is not being good.

I can make a team with beedrill, harden metapod with leftovers, choice scarf splash magikarp and so on.

Really, when u ask people to rate your team is a mutual contract. You expect a good rate and they expect at least a well thought team.