• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Home Is Where The Start Is! (468)

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Just saw it and it was alright.
Cyber is right the goodbye was lame. Misty also appeared in the chronicles but they gave her a proper goodbye. As cyber mentioned already ash and brock had tears in their eyes when misty left. They gave her a song remembering her time with Ash and how she'll miss him and stuff. They concentrated more on Max. He was very sad about leaving, my japanese is extremely limited but from what I can make out it seemed like Ash told Max to become a trainer and then they can battle someday. That got Max excited and when him and May are on the boat I think he tells her something about wanting to battle Ash sometime in the future. They also mention Brock while there on the boat.
Pikachu was sad also, it looked cute like always.

The animation was nice. Elekible knew Protect and thats what it used when pikachu tried to attack it with Volt Tackle. Protect just knocked it back and a thunderpunch sent pikachu back down to the ground. They were pretty high up in the air. Elekible used its antenas on the back to jump like Ash would have bayleef use vine whip to jump.
After the battle gary says he's going to shinou and I think tracy and oak want him to stay more longer but he refuses. He also says something to Ash after the battle about the battle frontier then he says something about shinou. Like I said I dont understand Japanese but it was probably something along the lines "go to shinou and become stronger".
I really want someone to translate the stuff that was said in this episode. Like May's dialogue to Ash about leaving and Gary's conversation with Ash.

Overall it was good but like I said before the goodbye was just lame.

Aldrius

Orange Champion
Damn... I never really thought Shig was hot... but now... Dayumn...

Elekible beating Pikachu makes perfect sense, he's electric resistant and a powerful physical contendor... Pikachu beating Regice alone was dumb anyway...

Ashy Boy

Paul's #1 Rival
I admit it's really sad that this was the final AG episode. The only thing I'm confused about is about "Gary". If that was really him who battled Ash, I'd say he hasn't changed a bit.

Nice episode. May and Max said "bye bye" to Ash and Brock.
Ash had a battle against Gary and he lost again. Well, Gary is a hard opponent and a very good battler.
Ash is starting new journey.

I liked it. Now I know what will happen :)

Ash! New adventure and love are waiting for you ;)

raticatelover

7th Shichibukai
I really think the writers do read fanmail and put in their ideas, just really really late. Just think about it. Remember when people were complaining about may being replacement for misty and gary is leaving as a rival? Now both were answered. Also Brock returning from HOenn was answered when he left the OIs and then was answered again now.

Oh well back to the topic it was pretty cool seeing Gary show his pwning skills that made him an awesome character. Also gotta enjoy Max leaving. Hopefully May will be seen in the future though or Max has pokemon next time. The only reason it seems rigth that Ash and Brock didn't cry is because she is following her dream as Misty seemed to be dragged along to be gym leader instead of by choice.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If Brock does return, as is indicated by the official site's picture (as reported on the main site), then that would explain the somewhat short goodbye between Ash and Brock in this episode.

That still doesn't explain May's short goodbye.

(Unless we're going to get to see her in Johto sooner rather than later)

Geodude

When they were doing the D/P ad at the end of the ep they were talking about the characters and it sounded like one of those Japanese guys said "Hoso"...although he could have been talking about something completely different, for all I know. We really need someone who knows Japanese to tell us what they were saying.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
That still doesn't explain May's short goodbye.
Which is, ya know, why the contest should have ended in the previous episode. It would have given another two minutes for the goodbyes.

Knight_Ram

This episode was actually pretty good for a sad flashback episode but other then that Gary was really short!!!!! Like REALLY REALLY REALLY SHORT! Hahahaha! But Anyway! Is Gary becoming a trainer again? I hope so, another trainer showdown in the pokemon league! Mwuahahaha! I love it!

Pikafan

Ashfan for life
You shouldn't be so critical to Ash's Pikachu after beating a legendary and losing to another regional pokemon. Don't forget Gary's newly captured or evolved pokemon is from another region and he didn't know what it can do.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Lol and MM thats why you aren't a Pokemon writer.

Yeah. If I were a writer, Ash would've gone back for Pidgeot, never given up Primeape, and evolved Corphish. Misty would've evolved Psyduck, caught a Chinchous, and kept Togetic. Brock would still have Ludicolo, Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat, left Foretress at Pewter gym, and evolved Geodude into a Graveler. Max would have let Ralts come with him. Team Rocket would still have Arbok, Weezing, Victreebel, Kingler, Machamp, Rhydon, Chimecho, and Ursaring. Meowth would've learned some new attacks (not Pay Day, but still). Tracey would have Azumarill, Venomoth, Scizor, and three Smeargles. May would've evolved Squirtle and Skitty. And Ash would've had a more enthusiastic response to getting Weezing in that ultimate test episode. But I digress.

charizard trainer #1

Ready to lose???
Whats going on with Gary? Is he back as a trainer or is he still a researcher? Thats all i care about to be honest in this episode.

To be honest, the battle between Ash and Gary was rushed but Pikachu yet again got owned... there seems to be a pattern (j/k). The battle against TR was amusing for some reason. Also, Gary is seriously short compared to Oak and Delia. Its almost like he's still ten...

8/10 for this episode.

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
When they were doing the D/P ad at the end of the ep they were talking about the characters and it sounded like one of those Japanese guys said "Hoso"...although he could have been talking about something completely different, for all I know. We really need someone who knows Japanese to tell us what they were saying.
There is a special after the three episodes of DP as a part of the DP Premiere. Maybe they are talking about that.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I personally thought the short goodbyes were fitting. Like I stated in another thread the AG group was just that in my opinion, a GROUP and not a set of friends like the original Kanto trio were! Ash, May, Max, and Brock spent more time focusing on Ash and May's goals RATHER than actually spending the time to bond with each other like the original Kanto trio did, thus their goodbyes were short, sweet, and rushed!

It's moronic to say that the AG group was not extremely close. They all looked out for each other and went through many adventures.

A "group" doesn't make them any less attached than a "trio."

John Ray

England Rules!!!
I cant believe pikachu lost. pikachu has beaten a legendary and he lost to a non-legendary. i thought pikachu is ganna be unbeatable at this stage.

although i still want to see the episode. and aipom is staying.

Umi Mizuno

☠ one girl army
Honestly, the good-bye's were fine as they are, I can't imagine them any longer then they are.

And no matter how much I like the fact that May is going alone to Johto, I felt pretty sorry for Max. At least he's got a goal now, he gets a happy [dare I say it] ending. [for the time being :p] Everything else was pretty meh, I didn't really care for it. And since I'm probably some of the few people who don't like Gary's look in this ep [I liked how he looked before but his look in thsi ep completely turned my opinion upside down.], so I'm making no comment on that.

Damn, I SHOULD BE WEARING HIKARI'S MAGICIAN SUIT. I don't care how hideous the animators make it look on her, I want it. And if they make it in blue, I'll kill for it. =D