• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Home Is Where The Start Is! (468)

I did not like the good-byes. They didn't even seem sad, besides Max. I mean, if I've been traveling with these people for that long, I'd be pretty sad when I had to split up with them. But anyways, it didn't seem like a real good-bye, which means May and Max probably aren't gone for good. =D Yay.

The episode overall was good, even though I had no clue what they were saying. But I understood what was happening. And wow..Gary looked different, like his hair and face. Yeah, whatever..xD Ash and Gary's battle was fun to watch. And Ash lost! Ee.

Anyways, I thought this was a pretty good episode for the last for AG. But now, we have to wait and see how D/P is going to be...oooh man.

Jash Thor

Bringer of Lombax
Did Ash and May tie?

That just seems ridiculous to me. I don't care about any kind of type advantage with Blaziken, I just feel that the experienced trainer should pull out an easy victory. That really bugs me.

Everything else was pretty sweet and simple. Nothing to write home about, but enjoyable none the less. I was glad to see no cliched tears being shed. Elekible looks pretty cool. I like Gary in the white lab coat also, it's a fitting position for him.

So Aipom's coming was not Ash's choice, but Aipom's. I think we can be sure D/P will see an evolution for Aipom. Even if not, I like how the writers didn't just totally discard of a Pokemon Ash recieves late into a season (R.I.P. Glalie).

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
I saw the pics, and I wow they had to tie Ash and May. Damn, I was hoping a winner, but nope. I was disappointed with the goodbyes how it lasted so short, except for Max. It looks like he's taking it harder than May. They kinda rushed the goodbyes n' instead they went on the battle with Gary.

Did Gary get short or somethin because he looks the same height as Ash to me. But wow, he looks dare to say hot in those clothes, and shorter hair style. I had my 5 bucks that Pikachu would lose and yup it did! (And earned 5 bucks) I wasn't too surprised that it lost since I understand that Pikachu and Ash didn't knew the power of the evolved form for Electabuzz. (sorry don't know the name) Plus, it didn't look like the battles where Ash would be under so much pressure, like the Brandon battle couple weeks ago.

Just wondering? When is Ash is gonna get his new clothes?

I loved how easily Shigeru beat Satoshi. I mean, it looked like he didn't even have to try.

STJ

meh..^_^'
I also am dissapointed by the lackluster goodbyes.

However, if that so happens to be an indication that they're going to join up again soon, then all is forgiven

Ok I also admit that I am also imcredibly dissapointed that May is going to Johto..I really wanted her to go to Shinou (I guess part of it is because I really coudn't care less about Drew and wanted May to get a new rival.)
If the writers like being as random as they are they could always change her mind *hint hint*

But I guess other than that, from the looks of things the ep doesn't look so bad.

Last edited:

.::Lynee::.

~*~ Scarlet Eyes ~*~
Gary wins again :D He looks sexy in his new clothes ^^
I don't understand Japanese but I really wanna know what Gary said to Ash before he went away. Did he say anything to be Ash's rival again?

Good-byes: Just so sad....

Akane

This was a pretty good episode. I really loved when Ash and Gary battled. Too bad Ash lost though, but that will make him work twice as hard in the next Region. Now he has a excuse of going. XD And I definely loved the background music! Wow...I haven't heard any of those songs in a very long time. It was cool to hear them again.

Now the goodbyes...

Okay I think May's and Max's were a little rushed, I will give you that. Should have been a little more emotional. But maybe there is a reason...just don't know. Before they left...Max was really sad. He didn't want to go. But Ash talked to him. I really like that part. ^^ And Max decided he will work on of becoming a trainer. Which to me that is soo cool. And May will go to Johto and do contests there. That is cool too. Anyway...I think we might hear from them again in the future. :)

Brock's and Ash's goodbye wasn't that emotional either. I was thinking about Brock didn't say anything of going back home and staying home...I don't think. I couldn't tell because it was in Japanese. So I don't know how the outcome went. But we will see Brock again...so maybe...lol

And it was nice to see Tracey, Professor Oak, and Deila(Ash's Mom) again. *wishes Misty was there too...oh well*

So yeah this episode was great. ^^ And this close the chapter of AG...time for the next one. I really enjoyed watching it.

Last edited:

Eerie Fuwante

Wasting my time
Pikachu losing was just obvious. Everytime he wins something or reaches a quarter-finals and such he gets whipped in the next battle.

The same thing happened to May(she got in the semi-finals of the Grand Festival and then got beaten by Drew)

X the.only.trainer.ever X

Just a lil' synth
Does anyone know where I can find the summaries for this episode?

I really would like to know what was said by Shigeru.

Pokemon got so much more exciting now that I've seen him come back!

Also,is there anywhere that I could watch this episode ( seeing as how I live in Canda ).

Kabuto

little punks!
Not allowed to ask for downloads, but its up on youtube. I can't blame Misty for not showing up, after Ash wasn't even happy to see her last time :p. Anyway, Gary's appearance was great, I hope we see more of him soon.

Yeah. If I were a writer, Ash would've gone back for Pidgeot, never given up Primeape, and evolved Corphish. Misty would've evolved Psyduck, caught a Chinchous, and kept Togetic. Brock would still have Ludicolo, Steelix, Geodude, and Crobat, left Foretress at Pewter gym, and evolved Geodude into a Graveler. Max would have let Ralts come with him. Team Rocket would still have Arbok, Weezing, Victreebel, Kingler, Machamp, Rhydon, Chimecho, and Ursaring. Meowth would've learned some new attacks (not Pay Day, but still). Tracey would have Azumarill, Venomoth, Scizor, and three Smeargles. May would've evolved Squirtle and Skitty. And Ash would've had a more enthusiastic response to getting Weezing in that ultimate test episode. But I digress.
I meant that clearly Aipom wasn't given randomly just implying it and at the same time loling at the fact you put Weezing with Dunsparce and Murkrow on the capture thing you assume the writers have -.-

Anyway cutting the ribbon in half wasn't that seen in the Contest with Jynx and that girl wanted to win with that guy and it showed a scene of her holding half the ribbon?

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
I was rather disappointed that the contest didn't follow the rule of the last tie. When May and Jessie tied, they went into a Battle Royal. Obviously plot didn't allow this to happen, but variations in rules for plot is the reason I don't subscribe to any faith in the writers.

I must say, though, that the music in this episode was phenomenal. I watched Gary's entrance and the Elekible battle multiple times in a row just to hear the music. I hope mp3s get made of them, ESPECIALLY the battle music.

That would be my preferred D/P season.
Not mine.

Last edited:

TheBuddyBud

so is gary going to shinou as well? is he such a failure as a researcher, that hes going back to being a trainer?

i dont understand japanese, but when gary beat ash, they said something about the battle frontier...anybody know what they said?

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
The first half of the episode absolutely failed.

It's nice that they remembered Max is more than just background decoration in the last friggin' minute, but I was really disappointed to see what kind of a goodbye May got; or rather, how she made her goodbye. I can see why she, with her being very ambitious and all, looked determined rather than sad when she revealed that she wanted to travel alone.

On the other hand though, she also mentioned that she had been pondering about it for a long time - why didn't we get to see any of those moments where she was supposedly torn between going to Johto and sticking with whatever Ash and Co. wanted to do next? We got sequences of her fighting her emotions about losing to Saori shoved down our throats, and while I'm not sure if another phase of emo-ism would have been the way to go, the lack of those made it seem like May could really care less whether she left her best friends for good or not. It made me very sad, to put it mildly.

Anyhow, the end of the Contest was pretty sweet. I'd better not ramble about how the split medal should be mentioned or shown in some way again someday, because then I'd get an "YOU ARE ANNOYING" sign stamped on my forehead very quickly.

*sighs*

As I said earlier though, Max's goodbye was handled very well. It's doubtful that Max's very first trainer battle with Ash will be shown on-screen, but that doesn't really matter in my opinion. Just the way the promise was made really makes it obvious that it will be kept, but if the viewers will get to see it is up in the air. I'll be content either way - I know they will battle and that's that.

Ash and Brock's "goodbye" was amusing.

Ash: It's time.
Brock: Yeah.
Ash: Up to this point...
Brock: Yeah.
Ash: ...I haven't eaten anything.

The news that Gary would be showing up had been kind of overshadowed by the fact that three people (now it seems to be only two though) would leave in my mind, but once he appeared in the episode, I was totally hyper. I much prefer his FR/LG look to whatever he was wearing before (those boots were horrifying), and his face, whether it was because of Masaaki Iwane's magical work or not, looked much more attractive.

I didn't care much about the battle, but Ash losing was one of the most predictable things about this episode, so wahey. I guess it had to come that way, or Gary wouldn't have provoked Ash (I swear he did that intentionally :p) to come to Shin'ou as well. Elekible is one of the scariest things I've ever seen by the way. Only beaten by spiders I guess.

I was so happy to see Delia and Tracey again - Delia especially. She didn't get much screentime the last time Ash returned home, only commenting on various stuff and whatnot, but this time her feelings about Ash leaving so soon after having just arrived at home really came through. Muchas gracias to Iwane for drawing her so nicely too - she looked really beautiful. For those wondering why Ash didn't get the clothes at the end of the episode (I'm not sure if it was already said, but anyway): Delia did say that she wouldn't be able to finish them until the next day.

I've been starting to warm up to Aipom ever since she pwned Professor Oak at his laboratory, and this time, she looked really cute [/muststopusingtheword'really']. Predictable or not, I like the fact that we'll be seeing her in D/P as well.

I'm awaiting the next series with mixed emotions, but the 'looking forward' part is still prevailing by far. And although I'll terribly miss May, I'll just be waiting for the next time she shows up - whether it's in a hoso-ish special, one or more episode(s) from the main series, or just a mere cameo.

Thanks AG! =)

diablohuman

ELITE BEAT AGENTS!!!
I liked this episode alot, It was really cool the way Elekible uses it's tail lol. The goodbyes were way to quick though, It would of been nice to see a little more emotion.

Geodude

I was rather disappointed that the contest didn't follow the rule of the last tie. When May and Jessie tied, they went into a Battle Royal. Obviously plot didn't allow this to happen, but variations in rules for plot is the reason I don't subscribe to any faith in the writers.
It didn't continue because it was just an unofficial contest anyway.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
When they were doing the D/P ad at the end of the ep they were talking about the characters and it sounded like one of those Japanese guys said "Hoso"...although he could have been talking about something completely different, for all I know. We really need someone who knows Japanese to tell us what they were saying.

I didn't catch most of it (and I've already got it on DVD... with my drive's slowass loading time, like hell I'm gonna bother to pull it out), but I did notice they pulled up the promotional poster with Hikari and the legendaries. One of them was arguing that Hikari can't be the protagonist, Satoshi and Pikachu are (sounded just like the earlier fan speculation XD).