• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Home Is Where The Start Is! (468)

Alloutℯ

Banned
This episode should have been used more for the cast goodbyes and the next one for the Ash vs Gary battle and obligatory Pallet Town departure. The pacing was awful.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Since Satoshi had no interest in Contests, I was somewhat irked that he didn't just let Haruka keep the whole ribbon. Watching the AG gang split up was sorrowful, especially after seeing Satoshi speak with Masato. And I'm one of the few viewers who didn't enjoy Elekible versus Pikachu, because Satoshi and Shigeru had already settled their score in Jouto.

Zamin

This was an emotional episode and it was sad to say bye to Max and May and Brook. I am glad May is following her passion and continuing her contests in Joho. She has amazing rivals like Harley and Drew there so I hope we get to catch up with her. Harley is one of the best rivals of the whole anime.

It was cool seeing Electivire and Gary making his return and seeing the Pallet town gang

Leonhart

Imagineer
My only major gripe with this episode was that since Haruka had already decided to visit Jouto when she last saw Shuu and Harley, she may as well have departed with them at that time instead of her leaving in this episode.

Daizy

I call you honey
Mixed feelings about this. This episode could have been used for the goodbyes and next one for the Ash vs Gary match and all of the obligatory Pallet Town stuff.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eipam joining Satoshi while he was on his way to Shinou at the end seemed amusing to me, although I do wonder why Eipam didn't just join Satoshi's team at Okido-hakase's lab.

Kintaro

Banned
I never understood why they gave Gary so much hype in the last AG episode, a series he wasn't even in, like he was making this major return to the series. Then for the entire span of DP, he only appears in 3 measly episodes out of a 191 episode series, and then never shows up again for the entire rest of the series! Gary hasn't appeared in an episode since 2009, an entire decade ago.

What also bugs me is they could have used this time to give May a longer farewell. They pretty much rushed her out of the episode in less than 5 minutes, whereas all the other girls got huge goodbye scenes. Seriously, May had one of the least emotional farewells with Ash than any of the other female companions.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Kintaro said:
I never understood why they gave Gary so much hype in the last AG episode, a series he wasn't even in, like he was making this major return to the series.

I didn't get that either. All I can think of is that maybe since Shigeru was Satoshi's first ever rival, the writers thought that him showing up here and beating Satoshi would work as a motivator for Satoshi to visit Shinou.

And goodbye to AG... mediocre series, but better than OS
Goodbye Max and May (final speaking appearance of Max)
GOODBYE MARSHTOMP ILL MISS YOU SO MUCH (final appearance of Marshtomp)
Goodbye Brock see you in two episodes :p
So the Pokédex does not recognize Electivire but recognizes other Sinnoh Pokémon. Dumb.
I would've like Ash to loose because of Motor Drive
And Aipom joins Ash to go to Sinnoh!

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
This is going to sound REALLY flimsy, but this was something that suddenly occurred to me when watching JN102, and you're probably wondering "How is that relevant?", the answer being that episode was the last time Gary was shown to have a NEW pokemon in his possession since this episode, but that's neither here nor there as the other answer to that question lies within Gary's in-game counterpart. This episode was Electivire's debut in the series, this one being under Gary's ownership, but what's interesting is that Gary having an Electivire isn't as random as one would think. Yes, it served as a means for Gary to show off a new pokemon that he got from the region Ash literally just learned about, however, and this is the flimsy part, Gary's in-game counterpart, Blue uses an Electabuzz in Stadium, so in that regard, Gary having an Elecitivire isn't that farfetched, and it would take very specific set of mind cogs to turn to notice a VERY subtle nod to past games that the writers would not have been aware of.