• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Homemade Team of the Shadows~

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Homemade team of the Shadows~

I AM NOT MAKING A STRICT OU TEAM, NOR AM I CHANGING ANY POKEMON!!

I can't provide pictures, and mind my Spelling, my phone is touch screen and I type fast. I try to fix my mistakes, but bear with me~

This is a homemade team that I favor personally. This is one of my best. I have no DW Pokémon, so the ones I post withthe DW abilities will just have their regular abilities in game. Now, on PO, they'll have their DW abilities. My In-game team and PO team are exactly the same except for abilities, so I'll post my PO team~

And I give my Pokémon. Please don't make fun of the silly names I give xD

Royale(Serperior, Male)@Big Root
Timid
Contrary
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Sp. Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm
Aqua Tail
Dragon Pulse

Now, Contrary Serperior is really a killer. He's holding Big Root for the perpose of Giga Drain when it's needes. Timid gives him that Speed boost and so do those EVs. I did have Modest before, but having Timid gave me the prize of Speed over 300. Dragon Pulse is for those pesky dragon types. Leaf Storm, of course, is for the use of Contrary, bringing my Sp. Attk. Up even more, which is useful. Aqua tail is more for those Fire Types, even though the use of it is extremely lowered by Timid.

Jewel(Espeon, Female)@Light Clay
Modest
Magic Bounce
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Sp. Attk., 252 Speed, 4 HP
Light Screen
Reflect
Psychic/Protect
Shadow Ball/Safeguard

Now, Magic Bounce Espeon is amazing in my eyes. Her ability is quite magnifique. Anyways, Modest boosts her in Sp. Attk, which helps me out with Psychic and Shadow Ball. Now, I know I have Slashes there, which means I switch those moves sometimes. She's my double Screener, as most would say. Protect is just...there, and Safeguard is for those pesky status moves. Originally there is Psychic, for her STAB, and Shadow Ball, to counter the likes of her own type.

Phantom(Chandelure, Male)@Leftovers
Timid
Shadow Tag
31/31/31/31/31/31
Shadow Ball
Pain Split
Fire Blast
Substitute

Now, here's another killer, Shadow Tagging Chandelure. Leftovers will replenish HP he loses from Substitute. Shadow Ball and Fire Blast for STAB. Pain split can be really useful with Substitute and Leftover in use. This is basically just a Special Sweeper to scare foes. I've had a few ragequitters before when I use Phantom.

NightFang(Hydreigon, Male)@Focus Sash
Timid
Levitate
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attk., 4 HP(See the pattern? ^^;)
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast
Fly(For in game reasons)/Flamethrower(For PO uses)

I chose Hydreigon because he doesn't have a double weakness to Ice, and Dragonite/Salamance/Haxorus/Garchomp are not my cup of tea. And ever since Garchomp has gotten back up to OU, Haxy and Hydreigon have gotten more unused...but anyways, back to what I was saying. Dark Pulse and Dragon Pulse are for some good STAB. Flamethrower for those Ice Types, Focus Blast for dem Dark Types. Focus Sash can kinda screw me sometimes, but oh well.

Bob(Forettress, Male)@Quick Claw until I can find something useful xD
Not sure yet.
Sturdy
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Defense, 252 Sp. Defense, 4 Speed
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Toxic Spikes
Spikes

Here's my Spinner and Hazard setter all in one. I did originally have Starmie for its speed as a spinner, but Forettress is generally better for having all in one. I'm not exactly sure what to do to make it last in battle long enough for it to lay the hazards (5 Turns) AND be able to go out there for spinning when needed. This has always befuddles me...

Scythe(Absol, Male)@Scope Lense
Adamant
Super Luck
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Attk., 252 split between defenses, 4 Speed
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Slash
Sucker Punch

Absol is way too under used. Absol has a great way with power, but sadly, its defenses are frail, forcing me that split defenses above. Adamant and the EV/IVs raise it greatly. With one Swords Dance, I can easily kill. Sucker Punch is to go first with STAB and kill Pokes I can, hoping for a crit with the stacked item and ability. Psycho Cut is for the Fighting Types, and with the stacked chances of a crit, it should so well. Same with Slash.

Well that's my team...please don't bash~​

Last edited:

Quagsireking

I am the king!
Just two things. With magic bounce you do not need safe guard since the magic bounce would just reflect the move back.

Second: Just give absol max speed, or if you are concerned for defenses give it hp ev's and just focus in one or the other. And give it a wide lens instead, that way you wont go last.

Just two things. With magic bounce you do not need safe guard since the magic bounce would just reflect the move back.

Second: Just give absol max speed, or if you are concerned for defenses give it hp ev's and just focus in one or the other. And give it a wide lens instead, that way you wont go last.

Ah, Max Speed and HP, got it. But I'm keeping Scope Lense for a reason...

Royale's nature questions me. He's Timid, but he has Aqua Tail. Try a Hasty if you like. Everything else is good.

Mm, I rarely use Aqua tail though. It's only for emergencies.

When I see a team. I look for three things. A sponger, stealth rock/spikes, and priority. The right stats for Pokemon are always looked for but I look for those things. You don't have a regular priority, so try to fit one in! You have magic bounce, which is a check. But you don't have a sponger. By that I mean volt absorb, storm drain, water absorb, flash fire, etc.. I know shadow tag is a really good ability, but try out Flash fire on PO with it a few times and see how that works out. If you want to keep Shadow tag, thats fine, but it's always good to have a sponge.

Last edited:

Ilan

^ lol what? shadow tag is so much better...

Half of the team without DW abilities just sucks..
if you can control IVs on serperior get him HP fire>aqua tail it hit steel types which he won't otherwise and.. countrary.. just wait till it is released...
Protect is just... don't use it.. it's just.. useless you stall your own screens.. safegurd is useless get a DW eevee from B2W2 how do you get the IVs? via RNG? if not it would be hard but you need magic bounce or else just use latios.
chandelure will probably get banned once released.. use energy ball>pain split

hydreigon: use this set instead

@Life Orb
Rash/Naive
252 sp.attack, 4 attack, 252 speed
Levitate
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/flamethrower
-Superpower
-Dark Pulse/Earth Power/Earthquake/Roost
This set is a better set I am not sure why would you use focus sash on hydreigon.. draco meteor kills everything that doesn't resist or is pink, fire blast is for steel types (NOT ICE TYPES! (I hate the thinking of I will hit my weakness with this.. wrong thinking)))
Superpower beat pink things (blissey/chansey) heatran, tyranitar and is useful after a draco meteor
Dark Pulse is another Stab Earth Power is a filler for something like magnezone IDK, earthquake also filler roost is useful from time to time when people use protect or try to sub seed or other annoying tactics also can recover on the switch.

Forretress
@leftovers
Impish
252 HP, 196 defense, 80 sp.defense
Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Volt Switch/Earthquake/Pain Split/HP ice/gyro ball
-Spikes/toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin

you can't just use hazards.. or else you will be a set up fodder and also HP> every other stat for Evs

Absol-> do not use in OU use terrakion or if you insist..

@life Orb
Super luck whatever
252 Attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Superpower
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash

SD boost superpower steels. sucker punch priority, night slash walls and other things don't rely on crits.

^ lol what? shadow tag is so much better...

Half of the team without DW abilities just sucks..
if you can control IVs on serperior get him HP fire>aqua tail it hit steel types which he won't otherwise and.. countrary.. just wait till it is released...
Protect is just... don't use it.. it's just.. useless you stall your own screens.. safegurd is useless get a DW eevee from B2W2 how do you get the IVs? via RNG? if not it would be hard but you need magic bounce or else just use latios.
chandelure will probably get banned once released.. use energy ball>pain split

hydreigon: use this set instead

@Life Orb
Rash/Naive
252 sp.attack, 4 attack, 252 speed
Levitate
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/flamethrower
-Superpower
-Dark Pulse/Earth Power/Earthquake/Roost
This set is a better set I am not sure why would you use focus sash on hydreigon.. draco meteor kills everything that doesn't resist or is pink, fire blast is for steel types (NOT ICE TYPES! (I hate the thinking of I will hit my weakness with this.. wrong thinking)))
Superpower beat pink things (blissey/chansey) heatran, tyranitar and is useful after a draco meteor
Dark Pulse is another Stab Earth Power is a filler for something like magnezone IDK, earthquake also filler roost is useful from time to time when people use protect or try to sub seed or other annoying tactics also can recover on the switch.

Forretress
@leftovers
Impish
252 HP, 196 defense, 80 sp.defense
Sturdy
-Stealth Rock
-Volt Switch/Earthquake/Pain Split/HP ice/gyro ball
-Spikes/toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin

you can't just use hazards.. or else you will be a set up fodder and also HP> every other stat for Evs

Absol-> do not use in OU use terrakion or if you insist..

@life Orb
Super luck whatever
252 Attack, 252 speed, 4 HP
Adamant
-Swords Dance
-Superpower
-Sucker Punch
-Night Slash

SD boost superpower steels. sucker punch priority, night slash walls and other things don't rely on crits.

Saph isn't looking to make a strictly OU team, she wants to make a mixed team.
EDIT:Also when I talked about Shadow Tag vs. Flash Fire, I was suggesting it so she wouldn't have to switch out any Pokemon is all.

Last edited:

Ilan

Saph isn't looking to make a strictly OU team, she wants to make a mixed team.
EDIT:Also when I talked about Shadow Tag vs. Flash Fire, I was suggesting it so she wouldn't have to switch out any Pokemon is all.

How do you know that the thread opener is looking for a none serious team?

oh just noticed something big root on serperior if you want recovery use leftovers big root recovers very little.. (better use grass gem or life orb)

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
How do you know that the thread opener is looking for a none serious team?

oh just noticed something big root on serperior if you want recovery use leftovers big root recovers very little.. (better use grass gem or life orb)

Look at the 1st post again... maybe you missed something...

Anyway, I wouldn't suggest Leftovers on Serperior, I would suggest the Expert Belt because Royale is a killer or you could have the Big Root as it aids in Giga Drain's Healing effect.

But for a moveset I would suggest:

Serperior

Moves:
Giga Drain
Dragon Pulse
Leaf Storm
Aqua Tail

Held Item: Big Root / Expert Belt

Nature: Hasty

This set will aid in Serperior's High Speed as you said Royale is a Killer. So you're going to want to attack fast. Here's a EV Spread I suggest:

EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP OR 4 Sp.Def OR 4 Def

I think I missed a few things... I'll get right onto the rest of the Pokemon...

EDIT: But I guess Leftovers could heal some HP... Just use what works for you...

Last edited:
As I said, Giga Drain is only for when It's needed. And I will find something else for Aqua tail, I'm keeping that Timid Nature.

Reborn_Silver

the Radiant Dawn
Looks really good, but... I'd take Hidden Power Water over Aqua Tail, Saph. And Leftovers>Big Root.

Gray™

~Homemade team of the Shadows~

I AM NOT MAKING A STRICT OU TEAM, NOR AM I CHANGING ANY POKEMON!!

I can't provide pictures, and mind my Spelling, my phone is touch screen and I type fast. I try to fix my mistakes, but bear with me~

This is a homemade team that I favor personally. This is one of my best. I have no DW Pokémon, so the ones I post withthe DW abilities will just have their regular abilities in game. Now, on PO, they'll have their DW abilities. My In-game team and PO team are exactly the same except for abilities, so I'll post my PO team~

And I give my Pokémon. Please don't make fun of the silly names I give xD

Royale(Serperior, Male)@Choice Specs
Timid
Contrary
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Sp. Attk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Giga Drain
Leaf Storm
Hidden Power Fire
Dragon Pulse

With Choice Specs it's Spa.Atk it's boosted by 50% meaning that after one Leaf Storm it'll do a lot of damage even to pokemon that resist it.
Jewel(Espeon, Female)@Light Clay
Modest
Magic Bounce
31/31/31/31/31/31
Light Screen
Reflect
Psychic
Hidden Power Fighting

I now Hidden Power Fighting won't beat much but it'll be more helpful than Shadow Ball since it can hurt pokemons like Tyranitar and Heatran.

Timid
Shadow Tag
31/31/31/31/31/31
Shadow Ball
Pain Split
Fire Blast
Substitute

Now, here's another killer, Shadow Tagging Chandelure. Leftovers will replenish HP he loses from Substitute. Shadow Ball and Fire Blast for STAB. Pain split can be really useful with Substitute and Leftover in use. This is basically just a Special Sweeper to scare foes. I've had a few ragequitters before when I use Phantom.

NightFang(Hydreigon, Male)@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Modest
Levitate
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attk., 4 HP(See the pattern? ^^;)
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Focus Blast
Fire Blast

Trust me on this one.With either of items,the Modest nature and these moves it'll take out any slower pokemon,excluding Blissey and Chansey.

Bob(Forettress, Male)@Leftovers/Red Card
Relaxed
Sturdy
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Hp , 176 def , 80 Sp.D
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball/Volt Switch
Spikes

Volt Switch lets you escape Magnezone Magnet Pull while Gyro Ball lets you hit faster threats hard(like Terrakion).

Scythe(Absol, Male)@Life Orb
Adamant
Super Luck
31/31/31/31/31/31
252 Attk., 252 Speed, 4 Def
Swords Dance
Psycho Cut
Superpower
Sucker Punch

Without Superpower it's vulnerable to any Steel Type whatsoever also Life Orb boosts the power of EVERY attack without having to rely on crits.

Well that's my team...please don't bash~​

Suggestions in bold

Klaus™

Banned
well, for one, its hard to rate if you wont accept any help. its a fairly bad team in all, for a few reasons:

- mixing ingame teams and mixing po/comp teams is a stupid idea.

- shadow tag isnt even released yet.

anyways, im going to rate this like i normally would.

choice specs celebi > serperior. serperior is bad, regardless of contrary or not(is that even released either?) it has major speed issues, and a terrible movepool. a set of

celebi @Choice specs
timid
252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 speed
- Leaf Storm/ Giga Drain
- Earth power
- Hp Fire
- Psychic

you are trying to overload your forretress. it is complete set-up bait as well, so try this set:

Forretress @leftovers/shed shell
- sturdy -
Careful
252 hp/ 32 Def/ 224 SpD
0 speed ivs
- Gyro ball
- Toxic spikes
- Stealth rock
- Volt switch

toxic spikes helps with breaking down the walls your team will face. stealth rock is essential in checking thunderus-t, tornadus-t, etc.

you are also completely walled by any good special wall, like ferrothorn, jellicent, blissey, chansey, etc. your team is way too unbalanced.

use Ilan's hydreigon set. for renewal,

hydreigon @Life orb
- Levitate -
Timid/ Naive
4 hp(or atk)/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
- Draco meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus blast/ Superpower
- Roost/ Earth power

try a BandTerrakion> Absol. scope lens + super luck is too gimmicky to use effectively. terrakion is useful to KO all the special walls, and is great for wall breaking or hole punching in general.

since shadow tag chandelure isnt even released yet, try a parahax rachi>it. parahax rachi helps support the team by helping with the speed issues you have. it also helps check random things with flinch utility.

espeon...im not sure what to say. it looks fine, but its moveset needs switching.

all in all, its a fairly bad team, but can work if you allow changing pokemon. allowing your favorites to get in the way is a sure mark of a bad player, and there must be a reason you posted your team here in the rmt section, and i doubt it was to get a pep boost from your friends, who btw, don't seem to know much at all on how to rate, or even help. i wish you luck with your team.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
well, for one, its hard to rate if you wont accept any help. its a fairly bad team in all, for a few reasons:

- mixing ingame teams and mixing po/comp teams is a stupid idea.

- shadow tag isnt even released yet.

anyways, im going to rate this like i normally would.

choice specs celebi > serperior. serperior is bad, regardless of contrary or not(is that even released either?) it has major speed issues, and a terrible movepool. a set of

celebi @Choice specs
timid
252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 speed
- Leaf Storm/ Giga Drain
- Earth power
- Hp Fire
- Psychic

you are trying to overload your forretress. it is complete set-up bait as well, so try this set:

Forretress @leftovers/shed shell
- sturdy -
Careful
252 hp/ 32 Def/ 224 SpD
0 speed ivs
- Gyro ball
- Toxic spikes
- Stealth rock
- Volt switch

toxic spikes helps with breaking down the walls your team will face. stealth rock is essential in checking thunderus-t, tornadus-t, etc.

you are also completely walled by any good special wall, like ferrothorn, jellicent, blissey, chansey, etc. your team is way too unbalanced.

use Ilan's hydreigon set. for renewal,

hydreigon @Life orb
- Levitate -
Timid/ Naive
4 hp(or atk)/ 252 SpA/ 252 speed
- Draco meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus blast/ Superpower
- Roost/ Earth power

try a BandTerrakion> Absol. scope lens + super luck is too gimmicky to use effectively. terrakion is useful to KO all the special walls, and is great for wall breaking or hole punching in general.

since shadow tag chandelure isnt even released yet, try a parahax rachi>it. parahax rachi helps support the team by helping with the speed issues you have. it also helps check random things with flinch utility.

espeon...im not sure what to say. it looks fine, but its moveset needs switching.

all in all, its a fairly bad team, but can work if you allow changing pokemon. allowing your favorites to get in the way is a sure mark of a bad player, and there must be a reason you posted your team here in the rmt section, and i doubt it was to get a pep boost from your friends, who btw, don't seem to know much at all on how to rate, or even help. i wish you luck with your team.

SapphireBlueEyes7799 put in Bold AND Underline that she didn't want any Pokemon switched! You may have misread that... You can still use your favorites and win... There are many great Competitive Battlers who win that way... Also, she IS seeking help it's just that she's seeking help with these Pokemon!

@SapphireBlueEyes7799:

Ok now, I will rate Chandelure:

Timid
Flame Body
31/31/31/31/31/31
Fire Blast
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Protect / Substitute

Really, since Phantom is a killer, there isn't much to change... I like how your capable of having a team that doesn't need Much changing!

Now, Chandelure will have 252 EVs, 31 IVs, and a Timid Nature for excellent Speed! Plus, Chandelure's MONSTER Special Attack! It can be absolutely DEVASTATING!! If Scarfed/Equipped with Specs :D But I would suggest Leftovers to increase your Sweeping Time!

Energy Ball will take care of those Rock/Ground/Water Pokemon! As it is a sweeper so this is highly recommended!

Fire Blast and Shadow Ball will be used for STAB and can make great coverage especially with this team!

Substitute/Protect will shield you from Attacks like Stone Edge but it must be used precisely and correctly at the right time! (I would suggest Substitute more then Protect)

Flame Body will only provide Minor Help but I'm not entirely sure what ability to have... It will burn the foe on contact this will be really useful sometimes!

All in all, this is a good team! Despite it's weakness to Bug I encourage you to use it correctly! n_n Remember, just use what works for you!

Last edited:

Klaus™

Banned
SapphireBlueEyes7799 put in Bold AND Underline that she didn't want any Pokemon switched! You may have misread that... You can still use your favorites and win... There are many great Competitive Battlers who win that way... Also, she IS seeking help it's just that she's seeking help with these Pokemon!
no. i saw it. but i ignored it because i rated it lik normal to make the team better. if she wants a comp team, she wont let favorites get in the way. dont be so nosy and get in our business. if she wants help with "these pokemon, she can go in the comp singles thread. but she made an rmt, so i rated it as a team. thats why i said she doesnt want help. just asking for moveset/nature/ev changes isnt going to help her at all.

TDL if you won't respect my choices then GET OUT. I don't HAVE a Celebi, and Serperior has swept many teams. I've used this team before and I've had a 35 winning streak. So GO CHECK YOURSELF.

Status
Not open for further replies.