• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Homosexuality in Children's TV

jnshucker12

I'm not really sure what the Bible has to do with children's television. Or politics. Wasn't there a separate thread for this? The "Random thread for Homosexuality and Stuff" or something thread?

To summarize: The ratings association for American movies is comprised of Hollywood parents, who are absurdly biased against minorities all of types, use their position of power to villafy said minorities by giving higher ratings to approximately the same content. The association also gives higher rates to the f-bomb depending on the context. As in insult it'll probably get a pg-13, with a sexual context between a guy and a girl it'll get an R, and between an interracial or gay couple it'll get a NC-17. The association hates sex, but minority sex the most.

What are you talking about? "but minority sex the most" What specific example is this from?

Last edited:

DeepSeaDragon

I'm not really sure what the Bible has to do with children's television.

Absolutely nothing. People are still convinced the "religious right" has a stranglehold in Hollywood even though they obviously don't.

Creators and producers don't want to upset the "traditional" parents who may still be closed off to homosexuality, in turn losing ratings. I suspect that will drastically change within the next few years.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Yeah, the religious right just has a stranglehold on TLC and the Deep South, and no one wants either of those anymore.

chess-z

campy vampire
I'm not really sure what the Bible has to do with children's television. Or politics. Wasn't there a separate thread for this? The "Random thread for Homosexuality and Stuff" or something thread?

What are you talking about? "but minority sex the most" What specific example is this from?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/oct/02/pride-us-censors-accused-of-homophobia

There's an entire documentary on the rating system, "This Film is Nit Yet Rated"

http://www.trutv.com/shows/adam-ruins-everything/blog/adams-sources/adam-ruins-hollywood.html
Here's a list of sources about the inner workings of Hollywood. Spoiler: it's pretty manufactured.