• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Homosexuality & Politics in the 21st Century

Silver Soul

Supreme Court are already making their minds up on making gay marriage legal nationwide. However, Alabama judges REFUSE in defiance to federal ruling and Supremacy Clause that to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. Roy Moore, Alabama Chief Justice who was thrown out the first for ethic violations and the one who called for the display of 10 Commandments at the Statehouse, is the ringleader here. Well, it's not the first time an Alabama man is defiant against human rights of certain people.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...be2de4-b06f-11e4-854b-a38d13486ba1_story.html

SILVER XD

Momentai, bro.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6786776
Warning: You're going to regret knowing that this exists.

This isn't real... This can't be real... This is a joke, right? Please??

Seriously, this makes me want to vomit more than the last link I posted here.

Silver Soul

Yeah. Just be glad that is not going to happen. In fact, LGBT people have it worse in the South. Gotta find some group to discriminate legally.

Alabama Supreme Court blocks same-sex marriage. Thank you Roy Moore and the people who reelected him despite being kicked out of his post for not complying with federal order before.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/05/u...halt-in-alabama-after-state-court-ruling.html

Arkansas law to discriminate gays is in motion!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/mar/02/south-arkansas-lgbt-rights-discrimination-policies

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6786776
Warning: You're going to regret knowing that this exists.

This isn't real... This can't be real... This is a joke, right? Please??

Seriously, this makes me want to vomit more than the last link I posted here.

I really hope that this sticks with him for the rest of his life, and he can't ever find work again. It's literally the most humane thing to do.

Silver Soul

He didn't veto it. The guy signed it and the business community are in an uproar. This is what happens when you allow Republicans in the government to allow all this to happen. It'll not only hurts civil rights of LGBT groups but it will also hurt the state's economy.

Durr, dem family values in discriminating minoritites like the good ol' days!

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ign-religious-freedom-bill-thursday/70448858/

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
That's the thing, whatever person gets the Republican ticket for president won't even bring the issue up. A presidential candidate against gay marriage might just be a death sentence.

saki888

i live in Alabama :( ( i can't till i can move to California) Roy Moore is sorry bigot but sadly i'm just part % of ppl who feel this way . we always have homophobe losers like this in office and judges like this. i have a sister that is gay and have a lot of gay friends and they are no different then anyonelse and shouldn't be treated differently

That's the thing, whatever person gets the Republican ticket for president won't even bring the issue up. A presidential candidate against gay marriage might just be a death sentence.

It's kind of nice that politicians actually have to worry about coming out against gay marriage now, when 8 years ago Obama had to lie about being against it when he was secretly for it, to win the last election.

bobjr

Staff member
It's kind of nice that politicians actually have to worry about coming out against gay marriage now, when 8 years ago Obama had to lie about being against it when he was secretly for it, to win the last election.

Well the Democratic party is explicitly pro gay marriage now, so you'd be hard pressed to find a candidate from the left who isn't for it. I think it's just at the time they didn't know what the people who were undecided wanted, and when it showed they were more pro gay marriage they embraced it, and as a result can spin a "They aren't for equality" tactic against an opponent who isn't.

Silver Soul

Let's not forget that Republicans used gay marriage in 2004 to turn out evangelical voters because John Kerry who was Democrat nominee was from Massachusetts where gay marriage is legal. It's like George Wallace being in favor of segregation to win elections before he lost support then. In the end it is wrong to oppose gay marriage then and it is wrong to oppose it now.

Oh and by the way, Indiana can fire workers for being gay.

Silver Soul

SCOTUS is already hearing the case for same-sex marriage. Here are the highlights:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...arriage-arguments-awkward-moments-117444.html

5. With the states arguing that male-female marriage is designed to support child rearing, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg asks if states could bar elderly couples from marrying:

GINSBURG: Suppose a couple, a 70-year-old couple comes in and they want to get married.

(Laughter.)

GINSBURG: You don’t have to ask them any questions. You know they are not going to have any children.

BURSCH: Well, a 70-year-old man, obviously, is still capable of having children and you’d like keep that within the marriage. But leaving that aside, what you’re talking about, Justice Ginsburg, is — is a tailoring issue under rational basis, which we submit applies here. Vance and Heller both say that over-inclusiveness is not something you need to worry about. But even if you applied some kind of heightened scrutiny, you know, again, many people get married thinking that they can’t have kids or won’t have kids, and they end up with children, and that the inclusion of those couples advances the State’s interest because of this greater idea.

Ketaru

I'm not really sure that's a good thing. All it means is that, for the presidential election, the Republican candidate will downplay any anti-gay stance. But once they're in office...

Ketaru

There is one thing that disappointed me about the vote in Ireland today...

...and that is that, from here on out, America will never be remembered as the country that did it first.

bobjr

Staff member
To be fair America doesn't do things first a lot because it's so backwards.