• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Homosexuality & Politics in the 21st Century

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
well, that depends.
homosexuality, bestiality and pedophilia, are all sexual attractions that differ from the majority.
The reason that the latter two are illiagal is because they can lead to negative situations.
But if we take the opinion that people have reinforced throught this debate, that beople are born with their sexuality and there is no way to change it, then you basically have condemned the people who have been "born this way" to live as a danger to others.
And yes people could say the same thing about homosexuality, but i repeat, the latter two are known to have negative results.
So you can say that it is possible to change your orientation (which it is), thus giving those poeple a chance to be deemed "safe", or you can say that you cant, thus conemning others "dangerous" due to something that they had no control over. Thus if you are gay and condemn a pedophile, who had no control over what orientation that he was born with, then you a hypocrite.

No. The reason that the latter two are illegal is because a child and an animal cannot give consent.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Again, neither of those two things can give consent, so their is no "hypocrisy" here. An adult/older male and woman can give consent.

We're talking apples and oranges here. You may as well say heterosexuals are hypocrites too.

Grey Wind

well, that depends.
homosexuality, bestiality and pedophilia, are all sexual attractions that differ from the majority.
The reason that the latter two are illiagal is because they can lead to negative situations.
But if we take the opinion that people have reinforced throught this debate, that beople are born with their sexuality and there is no way to change it, then you basically have condemned the people who have been "born this way" to live as a danger to others.
And yes people could say the same thing about homosexuality, but i repeat, the latter two are known to have negative results.
So you can say that it is possible to change your orientation (which it is), thus giving those poeple a chance to be deemed "safe", or you can say that you cant, thus conemning others "dangerous" due to something that they had no control over. Thus if you are gay and condemn a pedophile, who had no control over what orientation that he was born with, then you a hypocrite.
This... doesn't make any sense. You admit paedophilia is wrong but then complain that gay people doing the same thing is hypocritical? Gay people "condemn" paedophilia for the same reason you do. Yeah, they can't help it, but that doesn't somehow make homosexuals somehow hypocritical.

(also, please tidy up your grammar. Your posts are extremely difficult to understand.)

GenosectArceus said:
A classy gay can be my friend but not some promiscuous, raging homosexual
:V

Last edited:

WizardTrubbish

much more beastly
well, that depends.

Yes, bestiality and pedophilia create negative situations because kids and animals can't give consent, as previously mentioned. However, what negative situation does homosexuality create between two consenting adults?

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
This... doesn't make any sense. You admit paedophilia is wrong but then complain that gay people doing the same thing is hypocritical? Gay people "condemn" paedophilia for the same reason you do. Yeah, they can't help it, but that doesn't somehow make homosexuals somehow hypocritical.

(also, please tidy up your grammar. Your posts are extremely difficult to understand.)
"But if we take the opinion that people have reinforced throught this debate, that beople are born with their sexuality and there is no way to change it, then you basically have condemned the people who have been "born this way" to live as a danger to others."
^ that is what i said.
And apparently it needs to be said again.

lets say it this way, you condemn people cuz of something that they cant control is wrong, and as i said before, you can change your sexuality.
a pedophile can change to be gay/straight/bestial, and a bestial can change to be gay/straight/pedophile.
and then the flip is a straight person can become a gay/pedophile/bestial, and a gay can change to be straight/pedophile/bestial.

you can condemn all people who are born that way or u can give them a way out. Like changing sexuality. And as i said before, it is possible, this is basically me continuing that line of thought.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Again, neither of those two things can give consent, so their is no "hypocrisy" here. An adult/older male and woman can give consent.

We're talking apples and oranges here. You may as well say heterosexuals are hypocrites too.

I think he meant the attraction, not the actual act of sex. In that case, and only that case, homosexuality is the same as pedophilia.

MissDigitalis

love at first sting
WHAT!? How did I get an F on the Kinsey Scale Test?

Anyway, the whole thing about homosexuals not having the same rights as everyone else is not only sexist but a violation of the separation of church and state and so it shouldn't even be a valid issue.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I think he meant the attraction, not the actual act of sex. In that case, and only that case, homosexuality is the same as pedophilia.

yes, that was my point, gays say that they can be gay cuz they were born that way, but pedophiles would have the same circumstances. they just "happened" to be born with an attraction that others frown upon. (they are in the same circumstances as gays and by saying that u cant change ur sexuality, you have condemned them to life as what the whole world (gays and straights) would call a freak.)

Useless

Lucian's Legacy
I find this debate a constant point of interest for me, particularly because I am a homosexual male, and have been a self actualized one for the past ten years -- and I can only speak from personal experience, but I found that my interest in boys truly began to peak after high school. I, however, can't deny that the thought of being attracted to guys isn't something that didn't linger in the dark corners of my mind from very early adolescence. My first 'homosexual' experience being at 12.

But given the amount of ridicule and fear associated with being a teenager, much less a gay one, it was something that I to some degree consciously subdued to the point of blatant denial. I went on to date girls all throughout high school, and have even been with women sexually. But it was only after I left high school and went to college that began to see the world through different eyes, and I began to explore the side of me that was always there, but was too afraid to acknowledge. It was then, and only then that I realized what I truly wanted to make myself happy, and it wasn't pretending to express love and joy at being with a woman. I could not and would not live a lie for the sake of societal acceptance, and nor would I want to mislead or deceive another soul to make myself feel better.

I'm not gonna lie and say that there wasn't some learned aspect to my developing sexually as a gay man, but in order for that to take place there has to already be shadow of doubt that exists in your heart, and I have never met anyone, gay or otherwise, who does not understand their own heart and mind. Whether you choose to acknowledge that is one thing, but if it exists, it's only a matter of time before you meet that part of yourself that you go out of your way to hide.

Some people never do, and some are too scared to ever try because of social or familial pressures, but I can tell you with certainty that on some level, they're most certainly aware of it.

Last edited:

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
yes, they are all sexual attractions, but when you say that u cant change your sexuality then you condemn people who are attracted to animals and children as a lost cause/freaks.

*shrugs* I suppose so. Animals/Children can't consent, so in essence yes that is a lost cause. I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
*shrugs* I suppose so. Animals/Children can't consent, so in essence yes that is a lost cause. I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

Thats its stupid to think that its impossible to change ur sexuallity and i dont get why people are so dead set on it. Like i said i have, and i know countless other people who have and they helped me to do it.

you are condemning people who have been in the same cicumstances but have been dealt a losing hand.

Manna

Rockin' the Suburbs
Thats its stupid to think that its impossible to change ur sexuallity and i dont get why people are so dead set on it. Like i said i have, and i know countless other people who have and they helped me to do it.

you are condemning people who have been in the same cicumstances but have been dealt a losing hand.

Pedophilia/Zoophilia is not a sexuality. It is a paraphilia.

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
um i looked up the word paraphillia, it is a sexual attraction to things like: children, animals and objects.
sexual attraction. And sexuality refers to who/what a person is sexually attracted to.

Despite me not wanting to get mixed up in Debate, sexual attraction"attraction on the basis of sexual desire or the quality of arousing such interest." is far different than sexual orientation"enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these—to persons of the opposite sex, the same sex, or to both sexes, as well as the genders that accompany them.". Do not just use these interchangeably, trying to compare homosexuality and pedophilia.

Useless

Lucian's Legacy
People do not 'change' their sexuality, they master it. Changing implies that one can just do as they please at the drop of a dime, and in my experience, the people who are capable of that are extremely rare and unique cases.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Despite me not wanting to get mixed up in Debate, sexual attraction"attraction on the basis of sexual desire or the quality of arousing such interest." is far different than sexual orientation"enduring pattern of attraction—emotional, romantic, sexual, or some combination of these—to persons of the opposite sex, the same sex, or to both sexes, as well as the genders that accompany them.". Do not just use these interchangeably, trying to compare homosexuality and pedophilia.
yes they are, although if u has read my previous posts u would se that i lump attractions together: attraction to opposite sex, attraction to same sex, attraction of children, attraction of animals and attraction of objects.
they are all sexual attractions. an orientation is a word that they made for hetro-homosexual attractions, but theyre still sexual attractions.
And either way the socond one could apply to attraction of children, maybe not to beastiality or object attraction, but im pretty sure that thats an error in transcription cuz the part about them being human isnt in the dictionary i used.
People do not 'change' their sexuality, they master it. Changing implies that one can just do as they please at the drop of a dime, and in my experience, the people who are capable of that are extremely rare and unique cases.

i didnt say i did what i wanted as i wanted it, it took time and effort.

and please use the quote button so we know who you're talking to.

BritishLanguage

I enjoy earth day
yes they are, although if u has read my previous posts u would se that i lump attractions together: attraction to opposite sex, attraction to same sex, attraction of children, attraction of animals and attraction of objects.
they are all sexual attractions. an orientation is a word that they made for hetro-homosexual attractions, but theyre still sexual attractions.
And either way the socond one could apply to attraction of children, maybe not to beastiality or object attraction, but im pretty sure that thats an error in transcription cuz the part about them being human isnt in the dictionary i used.

There is a difference between orientations and psychiatric disorders, and homosexuality is the former and pedophilia is the latter. They are both attractions, but that does not mean that you can simply say "If it's an attraction, it's exactly like homosexuality because of how I group orientations contrary to what most people, if not everyone, who have actual education (bachelor minor to Ph.D major) on psychology, group (or perhaps seperate) attractions and orientations.".

Do not accuse published works of typos in order to get me to believe your viewpoint on this issue, or for that matter, anyone on any issue. They'll get you nowhere.