• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Homosexuality & Politics in the 21st Century

BigLutz

Banned
Being the most gay-friendly country in the middle east isn't really a huge accomplishment.

Honestly it is one of the most gay friendly countries on the face of this planet.

7 tyranitars

Honestly it is one of the most gay friendly countries on the face of this planet.

Uhm partialy yes. The secular society of Israel is very friendly towards gay people. But there are also ultra orthodox jews, and muslims who aren't that friendly towards gay people.

Being the most gay-friendly country in the middle east isn't really a huge accomplishment.

That is true, but Israel is quite a gay friendly country.

7 tyranitars

Oh? Other countries don't kill gays? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxjocm5fCc

This anti-gay behavior is disgusting

Read my post again please, I was giving examples of other countries where homosexuality in the middle east isn't illegal. I was saying two countries where it wasn't illegal,

and apparently you read: "Gay people don't get killed in the middle east"

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
Read my post again please, I was giving examples of other countries where homosexuality in the middle east isn't illegal. I was saying two countries where it wasn't illegal,

and apparently you read: "Gay people don't get killed in the middle east"

Apparently, you read on mine: "Only Israel is gay friendly" WHICH I didn't say. I did read what you said.

7 tyranitars

Apparently, you read on mine: "Only Israel is gay friendly" WHICH I didn't say. I did read what you said.

Nope, I read: "Oh? Other countries don't kill gays?" Which implied I was suggesting that I don't think gay people are killed in the middle east, if not I don't know why you quoted my post.

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
Nope, I read: "Oh? Other countries don't kill gays?" Which implied I was suggesting that I don't think gay people are killed in the middle east, if not I don't know why you quoted my post.

Haha, at least we're on the same page when it comes to gay rights. Okay, that was really a pointless argument, and I'm sorry for misinterpreting.

7 tyranitars

Haha, at least we're on the same page when it comes to gay rights. Okay, that was really a pointless argument, and I'm sorry for misinterpreting.

All good. :) Glad we cleared it up.

Psychic

Really and truly
Uhm partialy yes. The secular society of Israel is very friendly towards gay people. But there are also ultra orthodox jews, and muslims who aren't that friendly towards gay people.
There are also ultra religious Christians in North America who aren't that friendly towards gay people. And to be frank, the ultra orthodox Jews in Israel aren't friendly to the majority of people because it's such an insular society.

These aren't excuses, but my point is this isn't a unique case of religious people not getting along with x group.

~Psychic

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious

BigLutz

Banned
I wonder if this will mean he'll never get reelected again.

He might, "Doing it out of fatherly love" could mitigate many problems he will have with voters, it also helps that he is from a swing state.

7 tyranitars

He might, "Doing it out of fatherly love" could mitigate many problems he will have with voters, it also helps that he is from a swing state.

This is true, if he was from a dark red state it would have been very hard for him to get reellected.

BigLutz

Banned
This is true, if he was from a dark red state it would have been very hard for him to get reellected.

See I think that would make a great "What if" exercise, take for example Dick Chaney who would probably win any dark red state, has supported Gay Marriage since before the 2000 election, and came out in support of it in 2004, and has been vocal in his support of it since leaving the White House in 2008. Would his stance in Gay Marriage hurt his votes, or would his "No Nonsense" attitude, and his work against Terrorism overcome any problems with the voters. Again a great "What if" exercise.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Hope he enjoys being on the wrong side of history :p

I'm actually quite surprised about how "stiff" boehner is on homosexuality. After all, his last name (when sounded out), sounds a heck of a lot like "boh-ner".