• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Homosexuality & Politics in the 21st Century

arized

#hsb
Are homosexual men attracted to young boys? Males are not like females, because they barely change during puberty. I guess this question applies to women also.

Pedophiles are attracted to the underage. That is not a matter of gender- or sex-specific orientation. It is age-specific.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Pedophiles are attracted to the underage. That is not a matter of gender- or sex-specific orientation. It is age-specific.

I guess my question wasn't really specific to homosexuals. Maybe I should make a topic called "Does puberty really do all that much?"

I do think sexuality determines who you're attracted to. If a man is a attracted to a boy, he can't really be considered completely straight now can he?

arized

#hsb
I guess my question wasn't really specific to homosexuals. Maybe I should make a topic called "Does puberty really do all that much?"

I do think sexuality determines who you're attracted to. If a man is a attracted to a boy, he can't really be considered completely straight now can he?

Certainly. That means that homosexual is also a pedophile. If he was just attracted to young girls, he would be a heterosexual and a pedophile.

Homosexuals and heterosexuals are not pedophiles. Pedophiles are pedophiles.

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Certainly. That means that homosexual is also a pedophile. If he was just attracted to young girls, he would be a heterosexual and a pedophile.

Homosexuals and heterosexuals are not pedophiles. Pedophiles are pedophiles.

I just don't get how men who are attracted to boys (such as priests) are still considered heterosexual.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I just don't get how men who are attracted to boys (such as priests) are still considered heterosexual.

Hmm, I didn't hear that, do you have a source? I suppose if he was attracted to adult females, he would be considered heterosexual for adults, but if he is attracted to male children, he would be considered a Homosexual Pedophile. Can you be both at the same time? I guess....

John Madden

resident policy guy
i wonder if there's a sexual orientation that allows you to be attracted to more than one gender.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz
i wonder if there's a sexual orientation that allows you to be attracted to more than one gender.

I heard of one, once. I thought it was a myth.

Yes, Yes we all know about bisexuality. We got it. But bisexuality implies 2, when really, we are dealing with, roughly 3. Attraction to the same sex, the opposite sex and minors.

You are aware that under-age isn't a gender/sex, right? So therefore you can't lump in pedophilia as a sexual orientation.

Really, is this something that needs to be explained?

Last edited:

John Madden

resident policy guy
Yes, Yes we all know about bisexuality. We got it. But bisexuality implies 2, when really, we are dealing with, roughly 3. Attraction to the same sex, the opposite sex and minors.

i wasn't aware that i magically switched genders approximately 55 1/2 months ago

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
You are aware that under-age isn't a gender/sex, right? So therefore you can't lump in pedophilia as a sexual orientation.

Really, is this something that needs to be explained?

I said "attraction". A person who is sexually attracted to children is a pedophile. A person who is sexually attracted to the opposite gender is Heterosexual. A person who is attracted to the same gender is Homosexual. You can be sexually attracted to a wide array of things, not just specific genders.

Blazekickblaziken

Snarktastic Ditz

This time I bolded the important part. Bisexuality refers to attraction to people of either sex/gender. Yet you say it doesn't explain the situation well enough because it doesn't include pedophilia, thereby implying that under-age is a gender/sex.

Silver Soul

Seriously, what is up with you people and pedophilia? I mean, Putin here is saying while gay athletes are welcomed to the Olympics this year but they must stay away from children. Ah yes, the old Helen Lovejoy excuse.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/1/19/putin-russia-mustcleanseitselfofgays.html

Defending his views on homosexuality, Putin noted with pride that Russia saw more births than deaths last year for the first time in two decades. Population growth is vital for Russia's development and "anything that gets in the way of that we should clean up,"

It's hard to read the bold quote without trying to invoke Godwin's Law because you know who is concerned about the birth rates of citizens and wants to cleanse its country of a certain minority?

Sadib

Time Lord Victorious
Seriously, what is up with you people and pedophilia? I mean, Putin here is saying while gay athletes are welcomed to the Olympics this year but they must stay away from children. Ah yes, the old Helen Lovejoy excuse.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/1/19/putin-russia-mustcleanseitselfofgays.html

It's hard to read the bold quote without trying to invoke Godwin's Law because you know who is concerned about the birth rates of citizens and wants to cleanse its country of a certain minority?

I assumed that Putin thought the gay athletes would tell Russian kids that it's okay to be gay, rather than seduce them. If Putin is worried about increasing the birthrate, why doesn't he just ban contraception? Godwin's law is one of the stupidest things ever, because as time goes on, the probability of anything approaches 100%.

Silver Soul

So last Sunday night, the Grammys have happened and Queen Latifah was given power by the of the state government of California to marry 34 couples which many of them are gay. This caused huge negative reaction among extreme conservatives but unfortunately for them, they are just in a minority following the progress with the movement in the nation. So, what do any of you think?

Maedar

Banned
So last Sunday night, the Grammys have happened and Queen Latifah was given power by the of the state government of California to marry 34 couples which many of them are gay. This caused huge negative reaction among extreme conservatives but unfortunately for them, they are just in a minority following the progress with the movement in the nation. So, what do any of you think?

Question:

How did the ratings for that show compare to those of the season premiere of Duck Dodgers?

Actually, I know, and I'll answer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/16/duck-dynasty-ratings_n_4611924.html

Phil's show flopped. It fell in the ratings, substantially. It seems the outcry of people yelling "We support Phil!" didn't support him enough to watch.

It seems that the show supporting equality did excellently, but the show condemning gays and with the star calling the act an abomination in the eyes of God did poorly, despite the outcry from folks defending his Freedom of Speech.

And as a result, many folks who did support him are in trouble:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/18/liam-payne-duck-dynasty_n_4624768.html

Draw your own conclusions. It's time to face facts, free speech or not, he was using his First Amendment rights to say bad things that people didn't like.

LDSman

Question:

How did the ratings for that show compare to those of the season premiere of Duck Dodgers?

Actually, I know, and I'll answer:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/16/duck-dynasty-ratings_n_4611924.html

Phil's show flopped. It fell in the ratings, substantially. It seems the outcry of people yelling "We support Phil!" didn't support him enough to watch.

It seems that the show supporting equality did excellently, but the show condemning gays and with the star calling the act an abomination in the eyes of God did poorly, despite the outcry from folks defending his Freedom of Speech.

The Grammys always have high ratings. The ratings had nothing to do with the marriages performed on stage. The ratings for Duck Dynasty are actually about what they'd be for any 5th year reality show. 8.5 million viewers is hardly a flop.

And as a result, many folks who did support him are in trouble:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/18/liam-payne-duck-dynasty_n_4624768.html
Oh no! There are people on twitter who don't like what he said!!! Were there any real reprecussions? Lost wages, lost sales? Anything besides whiny people on twitter?

Draw your own conclusions. It's time to face facts, free speech or not, he was using his First Amendment rights to say bad things that people didn't like.

Remind me again how stating what he thinks were sins was saying bad things? And why aren't there any complaints about the other things he listed as sins?

Silver Soul

Phil Robertson talk about love while disrespecting the LGBT community and giving advice to marry girls at 16. Those so-called family values is just a pathetic attempt to hide their own homophobic behavior which just end up making guys like him on the wrong side of history. You can't invoke Jesus while being an intolerant a-hole because he didn't say ANYTHING about homosexuality in the Bible.

I mean if guys he like Robertson really followed the Bible so much, should he cast the first stone against this transgendered citizen who dared the one who vote against banning LGBT discrimination in Shreveport, LA to do so but couldn't? Now she got balls.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/01/pamela-raintree-rob-webb-_n_4699226.html

There's also bigots and right-wingers on Twitter and sites complained about the multilingual Coca-Cola ad singing "America The Beautiful" in more than one language. They complain about that English is THE official language even though the US doesn't have one and that the ad also featured a gay family. Now here's the mind-blown part, the song was actually written by a GASP... Lesbian!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/03/coke-commercial-gay-family_n_4717635.html

Also Virginia, there will be a case with the Virginia's same-sex marriage ban with the newly sworn in AG Mark Herring not defending it as he said it is unconstitutional. This is big since Virginia is a swing state with all top three gubernatorial seats now held by Democrats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/05/u...lenge-of-virginias-same-sex-marriage-ban.html