• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Homosexuality & Politics in the 21st Century

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!

Mordent99

Banned
Sadly, he's still saner than the governor.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Mississippi governor just one up nc governor with this.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/mis...for-right-to-discriminate-against-gay-people/

I'm still questioning how these types of people even get election into office.

I don't really get what he means by enduring Crucifixion.

Is he talking about protests were Christians will essentially torture themselves to the point of death because of gay people.

Or is he trying to be symbolic? If the latter is true, then he didn't get the biblical memo that Jesus took the sacrifice because other people were douchebags.

Also, I hate it when bible thumpers claim that being gay is an act of perversion.

So getting that straight:

Two gay people who have not had intercourse.- Perverted
Guy staring a woman's chest for two hours.- Well, at least he's hetero.

PS- I'm not saying gay sex is bad, but if you call gays "perverted", then you really need to carry the "logic" through.

Mordent99

Banned
Last edited:

Remix2

Dunno, Auraninja, I decided a while ago that all these speeches are smokescreens for hate.

Seriously, they could not be more transparent if they tried.

Edit: Here's another one to look at:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/06/iow...state-governments-religion-say-rights-groups/

Good luck, Terry...

...you're gonna need it.

Someone trying to impose their religion on everyone else, say that remind me of a certain terrorist group that start with the letter T but I can't seen to remember who they are.

Not sure whether this is purely scoped to the USA alone, but as a teenager in Australia who does not know what they are but is defintely not straight, I would like to rant about recent events in my own area:

I don't know the ins and outs, but recently a program called Safe Schools was thrown out by the government. The program was initially meant to be a way to prevent bullying against LGBTQ+ youth in Australia's schools, as well as educate our youth about non-hetero relationships. I'm not sure why exactly it was thrown out, but it is deeply saddening to see this happen, especially as someone who fears telling even their own peers about who they are for fear it will spread and I'll get bullied etc etc. But the main thing that pissed me off was a discussion about the decision to throw out Safe Schools on a TV channel called Sky News (who seems to lean towards the right-wing side of politics). The two hosts (one of whom works for the Liberals (right-wing)) tried to dismantle everything their guest had to say about the program preventing bullying and protecting our youth with the excuse that - if we had Safe Schools, we would have to teach 6 year olds about gay methods of sex. Seriously. If we don't even teach heterosexual sex to six year olds, then WHY THE HELL would there be the need to teach homosexual sex to them in an effort to explain same-sex relationships?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mordent99

Banned

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Not sure whether this is purely scoped to the USA alone, but as a teenager in Australia who does not know what they are but is defintely not straight, I would like to rant about recent events in my own area:

I don't know the ins and outs, but recently a program called Safe Schools was thrown out by the government. The program was initially meant to be a way to prevent bullying against LGBTQ+ youth in Australia's schools, as well as educate our youth about non-hetero relationships. I'm not sure why exactly it was thrown out, but it is deeply saddening to see this happen, especially as someone who fears telling even their own peers about who they are for fear it will spread and I'll get bullied etc etc. But the main thing that pissed me off was a discussion about the decision to throw out Safe Schools on a TV channel called Sky News (who seems to lean towards the right-wing side of politics). The two hosts (one of whom works for the Liberals (right-wing)) tried to dismantle everything their guest had to say about the program preventing bullying and protecting our youth with the excuse that - if we had Safe Schools, we would have to teach 6 year olds about gay methods of sex. Seriously. If we don't even teach heterosexual sex to six year olds, then WHY THE HELL would there be the need to teach homosexual sex to them in an effort to explain same-sex relationships?! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
What I find, er, interesting, is that the word "safe" has also been a word used against the LBGT. It stood for something like, students against [bleep] education or something. It's a pretty sad thought.

Meanwhile, Target is getting a lot of crap over the bathroom guidelines they issued. It's funny how Target is not going into petty beliefs, while others are worrying about the same argument. It's like ever since the SCOTUS ruling, people, all of a sudden, became afraid of trans people in the bathroom. Oh wait, that's exactly what happened.

Also, Mordent99, I'm too lazy to quote you right now, but I thought the National Enquirer was made to be as fake as possible, although I thought their recent articles are a lot less creative (I think they came up with Dick Cheney being a robot).

I'm almost waiting to see if the bathroom bombing in Target becomes an anti-trans sentiment. It was a woman in the women's restroom. I kind of think that it was a protest or scare tactic to make people think that.

Several things wrong with America, and the rest of the world, and we are afraid that the bathrooms don't have the pee pee police?

Silver Soul

We all heard what happened in Orlando which was horrible. This isn't just some terrorist attack, it is also a hate crime against LGBT citizens who were attacked at the nightclub. Let's remind ourselves to support this community and go against homophobia, regardless of which religion.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I heard the attacker might of actually been gay..is there any truth to this?? Apparently he had accounts on some gay websites or something.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I heard the attacker might of actually been gay..is there any truth to this?? Apparently he had accounts on some gay websites or something.

He's a monster and monsters don't have sexuality. But eitherway, it wasn't confirmed and it is a rumor. It could have been a method he was going to use to hunt down people, or he could have really been that troubled (obviously he was troubled what am I saying). Either way huge hate crime

Grey Wind

Considering how much straight people love the whole "they're homophobic because they're secretly gay!" rhetoric I'd take those rumours with a lot of salt. Even if he did have an account on Grindr or what have you, it's entirely possible he was using it to plan attacks/scope out victims etc.

Mordent99

Banned

We just found out that witnesses recognized him as a regular at the club, so probably. They say he alternated from drinking alone to "loud and boisterous" when drunk.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Considering how much straight people love the whole "they're homophobic because they're secretly gay!" rhetoric I'd take those rumours with a lot of salt. Even if he did have an account on Grindr or what have you, it's entirely possible he was using it to plan attacks/scope out victims etc.

We just found out that witnesses recognized him as a regular at the club, so probably. They say he alternated from drinking alone to "loud and boisterous" when drunk.

Even so with this, it goes to show how so much negativity from society effects the lgbt community and with extreme cases messes some individuals up so much they rampage against a community they could proudly be part of. It's so sad.

Ketaru

If I have to say what angers me most about this shooting, it's that people are treating like it's some shocking occurrence that is out of the ordinary. While threats to gay people certainly doesn't often happen to this extent, the community is no stranger to violence being inflicted upon it. I thought an attack like this was only a matter of time as more and more attention is paid to LGBT-related issues.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Heterosexual Pride Day is now a trending hashtag.

I wouldn't mind it so much, but people are shiitake posting on it with "I don't get STDs" or "God wants it this way."

If you really want to follow it through, then don't have sex you lustful sinners. Every time you have sex, God starts wondering why the Earth is so messed up. (This is exclusive to the Gay Bashers.)

On a sort of related note, I think the one thing I could be "proud" of is my AS disorder.

You wouldn't get one for having an awful adolescence or standing up to Bible thumpers, but oh well!

Tharja

Heterosexual Pride Day is now a trending hashtag.

I wouldn't mind it so much, but people are shiitake posting on it with "I don't get STDs" or "God wants it this way."

If you really want to follow it through, then don't have sex you lustful sinners. Every time you have sex, God starts wondering why the Earth is so messed up. (This is exclusive to the Gay Bashers.)

On a sort of related note, I think the one thing I could be "proud" of is my AS disorder.

You wouldn't get one for having an awful adolescence or standing up to Bible thumpers, but oh well!

I think the problem with heterosexual pride is that heterosexuals have never been told they shouldn't be proud of themselves by society. Like, LGBT+ people have been told that we're all sorts of wrong and terrible and perverted, and so being proud of the fact that you're LGBT+ is sort of like reclaiming yourself. and your identity The only reason somebody would say that they have straight pride is to get under the skin of LGBT+ people, because there's really nothing subversive about being proud of heterosexuality.
You can be proud of yourself as one cohesive being. Straight people can and should be proud of themselves as a whole. However, heterosexual pride isn't really something that's necessary. Because it only really exists to bring people down, while LGBT+ pride exists to bring people up.
Sorry if this is a little bit rambly, it's just something I've thought about a lot!

Ketaru

It won't catch on. At least, not as they intended. Most who are in favor of LGBT equality see it for the thinly veiled homophobia that it is. It's getting about as much traction as one of NOM's silly traditional marriage marches, or the "Day of Truth" which was supposed to be some mean-spirited counterpart of the "Day of Silence." You've gotta hand one thing to social media thing, it is a swift reality check of how insular your world is. Even some of my most conservative friends would not get in board with this, so it's easy to forget there are individuals in the United States that virulently hate you enough to pull this kind of stunt.

In the future- hopefully not too far in the future- there will no longer be a need for Pride. A future iteration of it might not even be about gender expression or sexual orientation at all, but merely about free expression of healthy sexuality in general. At such a time, I would not mind at all a celebration of heterosexuality alongside homosexulity, bisexuality, asexuaity, etc, as well as a variety of queer expressions of gender, of which even straight people will benefit since they will no longer feel confined to restrict their expression nor demean femininity from either men or women.

EDIT: When you think about, Pride already is also for straight people. I think it should be for men who want to be Bronies without having to apologize for it. It is for little boys who want to be a princess for Halloween. It should be for women who are tired of being of **** shamed. If a straight guy wanted to bring out his Sailor Moon cosplay to some occasion other than ComicCon, I would be totally for it.

Last edited: