• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Honestly, this team sucks.

DarumakkaImposter

THIS IS A SINGLES TEAM

Yah... first RMT, except in-game RMT.

XD

Here we go.

Hello, rater!! This team was built together with suggestions from friends and such, (and Pokemon i like) but i need a second opinion. As you will see, my reasons for having these suck since i have no clue what counters them and the like. I'm sorry i don't have any colorful pictures that will draw your attention but I shall use the Serebii sprites from the smiley thing. I do have some things one of my friend says:

Lol. A preview I think

;485; ;145; :635: ;068; ;392; ;385;

AromaFlora said:
Your team seems a bit vulnerable to set-up sweepers such as offensive Dragon Dance Gyarados (Waterfall/Earthquake/Ice Fang types that can set-up on -2 SpA Hydreigon, Heatran, and MAYBE on Infernape and Machamp), Swords Dance Excadrill under sandstorm (you don't have a weather user, it can set-up on Jirachi if it has a Balloon, and it kills basically everything, even Hydreigon with Return), Swords Dance Landorus (basically the same as Excadrill), Reuniclus (Calm Mind versions especially, you can't do much about it except win it via hax with Jirachi, and that's not reliable), and much more

Yah... so as you can see i have some problems but i don't know all of them. I did have a Drought Ninetails set but i took that out and im looking to put that back in but i was thinking of putting a Pokemon in there to counter weather (like C9 Altaria or something) or maybe a slower pokemon that i could use after they use drought, drizzle, hail, or sandstorm. I don't know though so that's why i came here. I put the Pokemon in a random order so Heatran is NOT a lead, nor followed by anyone else. I don't have a plan i just wing it all of the time. Also, i don't want to use the common Quagsire set. I know they might stop set-up sweepers (which i will need help with) but i don't want to use Quagsire. Call me stubborn but, meh.. I also have problems writing what my pokemon are supposed to do for my team.

XD

Heatran-legendary-pokemon-12816500-226-172.jpg

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Flame Body
Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 2 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Protect/Substitute

Umm... this guy (if fast enough) just uses Sub, Toxic, and protect but if not then Protect, Toxic, Magma Storm. Meh. I guess i could try to stall a bit with this guy.

or

altaria.jpg

Altaria @ Leftovers
Cloud Nine
Bold
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
-Cotton Guard
-Toxic
-Fire Blast
-Roost

Ill try this one out.

Zapdos_by_Kinneas64.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Calm
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SDef / 32 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Rest
- Substitiute
- Toxic

Hmm.. this might be my lead it depends on how i feel. I use Dos because... well.. i like him. Lol. This guy has proved to be useful on my team so i'm considering keeping him.

hydreigon.png

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Levitate
Modest / Timid
EVs: 2 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Really just the standard Hydreigon set. Maybe this guy could get rid of the SS Excadrill but hey, what do I know?

200px-Gavin_Machamp.png

Machamp @ Lum Berry
No Guard
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 2 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch

I love this guy!! On PO (yeah i know, completely different from the metagame) he (and Infernape) were the last 2 satnding, I was loosing 3-0 but he OHKO'd all of them before they could do any damage. Everyone uses this guy but i really like him. I use BP for quick kills and Payback for psychics that hate this guy. Even though Payback might not OHKO or 2HKO I could hit them and do some damage before killing Machamp.

250px-Ash_Infernape.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 HP / 8 Def / 12 SDef / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Earthquake / Stone Edge

Yepp. I'm getting myself a DW Chimchar soon so 1. I like this guy and 2. he's pretty useful. U-turn so i can hit psychics and get out fast if i need to and switch to Hydreigon (considering he's alive). CC for the IF ability help FP for STAB and SE to hopefully get rid of DD+Moxie Gyrados.

how-to-draw-jirachi-tutorial-drawing.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 2 SDef / 252 Spd
- Iron Head
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

Hmm.. Iron Head For STAB, FP, IP, and FP b/c I guess it annoys people or something. If not i'm looking for a set that will annoy the karp out of everyone.

I dont have anything like counters and stuff to put here like Reno and SomeoneIGuess. Yah. Strict critisizm please.

XD

Thanks though!

:D

EDITS!!!​

Last edited:

xbinox

ok so my main problem with this team is heatran, what does he do? he traps and he toxic stalls, BUT thats all he does, try this instead

Altaria @ leftovers
cloudnine
bold
252 hp 252 sp def 4 def
cotton guard
toxic
protect
roost

or something of that nature, it does what heatran does but much better, after 2 cotton guards you have 1080 or so and become a physical and special wall that can toxic for like EVER with recovery.

EDIT: OHHH and give infernape thunder punch!!!! 4x damage versus gyarados and gets boosted by iron fist :)

Last edited:

DarumakkaImposter

ok so my main problem with this team is heatran, what does he do? he traps and he toxic stalls, BUT thats all he does, try this instead

Altaria @ leftovers
cloudnine
bold
252 hp 252 sp def 4 def
cotton guard
toxic
protect
roost

or something of that nature, it does what heatran does but much better, after 2 cotton guards you have 1080 or so and become a physical and special wall that can toxic for like EVER with recovery.

EDIT: OHHH and give infernape thunder punch!!!! 4x damage versus gyarados and gets boosted by iron fist :)
should i switch it with U-Turn?

WinterChevalier

How may I help?
Unfortunately, Iron Fist Infernape can't have any of the elemental punches (or any of it's egg moves for that matter), due to the fact that they were only released as males, and thus can't pass off the Iron Fist ability >__<

DarumakkaImposter

what about the move relerner?

it allows it on PO

and it wouldnt allow something with superpower and a DW ability b/c it was a 4th gen move tutor

Golden Jet

Dark Tamer
THIS IS A SINGLES TEAM

Yah... first RMT, except in-game RMT.

XD

Here we go.

Hello, rater!! This team was built together with suggestions from friends and such, (and Pokemon i like) but i need a second opinion. As you will see, my reasons for having these suck since i have no clue what counters them and the like. I'm sorry i don't have any colorful pictures that will draw your attention but I shall use the Serebii sprites from the smiley thing. I do have some things one of my friend says:

Lol. A preview I think

;485; ;145; :635: ;068; ;392; ;385;

Yah... so as you can see i have some problems but i don't know all of them. I did have a Drought Ninetails set but i took that out and im looking to put that back in but i was thinking of putting a Pokemon in there to counter weather (like C9 Altaria or something) or maybe a slower pokemon that i could use after they use drought, drizzle, hail, or sandstorm.I don't know though so that's why i came here. I put the Pokemon in a random order so Heatran is NOT a lead, nor followed by anyone else. I don't have a plan i just wing it all of the time. Also, i don't want to use the common Quagsire stuff. I know they might stop set-up sweepers (which i will need help with) but i don't want to use Quagsire. Call me stubborn but, meh.. I also have problems writing what my pokemon are supposed to do for my team.

XD

Heatran-legendary-pokemon-12816500-226-172.jpg

Heatran @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Flame Body
Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 2 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Toxic
- earth power
- Magma Storm
- Protect/substitute
Umm... this guy (if fast enough) just uses Sub, Toxic, and protect but if not then Protect, Sub, Magma Storm. Meh. I guess i could try to stall a bit with this guy.

this gives better coverage and you don't ned both substitute and protect. of course this is assuming a. you use toxic/stall and b. use heatran for this.another set could be this
heatran
@air ballon/life orb
calm
252 hp 252 SPD 4 SPA or 252 SPE 252 SPA 4hp
fire blast
earth power
taunt/explosion/hiddon power grass/eletric
stealth rocks

lead or sweeper. this set can do either

altaria.jpg

or

Altaria @ Leftovers
Cloud Nine
Bold
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
cotton guard
roost
toxic
light screen/dragon claw/fire blast

Ill try this one out.

xbinox had a good set but I feel a set with protect Isn't so nessesary with its defence so I think something for your special defence Is just better. you could use dragon claw or fire blast so your not completly useless when taunted or against steel types though.

Zapdos_by_Kinneas64.png

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
Calm
EVs: 248 HP / 228 SDef / 32 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hmm.. this might be my lead it depends on how i feel. I use Dos because... well.. i like him. Lol. He helps agains some dragons (Hydreigon, Garchomp, and Dragonite with Multiscale and Yache Berry don't help much) but this guy has proved to be useful on my team so im considering keeping him.

a good set but if you want a lead this set would be better
substitute
rest
thunderbolt
thunderwave/light screen/reflct/toxic

this can easily stall and give the team support. an all round set

hydreigon.png

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Levitate
Modest / Timid
EVs: 2 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Surf

Really just the standard Hydreigon set. Maybe this guy could get rid of the SS Excadrill but hey, what do I know?

good set but dragon pulse will allow you to stay in longer

200px-Gavin_Machamp.png

Machamp @ Lum Berry
No Guard
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 2 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- DynamicPunch
- Ice Punch

I love this guy!! On PO (yeah i know, completely different from the metagame) he (and Infernape) were the last 2 satnding, I was loosing 3-0 but he OHKO'd all of them before they could do any damage. Everyone uses this guy but i really like him. I use BP for quick kills and Payback for psychics that hate this guy. Even though Payback might not OHKO or 2HKO I could hit them and do some damage before killing Machamp.

another great set

250px-Ash_Infernape.png

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 HP / 8 Def / 12 SDef / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- stone edge/earthquakeYepp. I'm getting myself a DW Chimchar soon so 1. I like this guy and 2. he's pretty useful. U-turn so i can hit psychics and get out fast if i need to and switch to Hydreigon (considering he's alive). CC for the IF ability help FP for STAB and SE to hopefully get rid of DD+Moxie Gyrados.

It' a shame you can't have thunder punch thanks to game freak taking away move tutors AGAIN so you should make do with earthquake and stone edge

how-to-draw-jirachi-tutorial-drawing.png

Jirachi @ Leftovers/life orb/choice scarf
Serene Grace
jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 2 SDef / 252 Spd
- Iron head
- thunder punch
- Ice punch
- Thunder wave/ fire punch

HP Ground to get rid of fire types, idk how many KO's it can get with that i guess it depends on the Pokemon it's attacking really. Draco meteor to kill dragons i hope and psychic for STAB. Thunderbolt to get rid of... idk, stuff?

paraflinch and scarf sets are ussually better and more annoying.

I dont have anything like counters and stuff to put here like Reno and SomeoneIGuess. Yah. Strict critisizm please.

XD

Thanks though!

:D

EDITS!!!

altaria.jpg

Altaria @ Leftovers
Cloud Nine
Bold
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def​

the pokemon are good and i think this could be successful.

EDIT: beat me to elemental punches

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Turn Infernape into a lead with focus sash fake out rocks u turn and then stab move of your choice. Replace Machamp with either Scrafty or Conkeldurr. Both work wel lwith Bulk p if you like bulky offense and Scrafty has a DD set that works well. Maybe replace Hydreigon with Latios? Hits harder and faster on the special spectrum with less weaknesses. I can post sets if needed.

DarumakkaImposter

Turn Infernape into a lead with focus sash fake out rocks u turn and then stab move of your choice. Replace Machamp with either Scrafty or Conkeldurr. Both work wel lwith Bulk p if you like bulky offense and Scrafty has a DD set that works well. Maybe replace Hydreigon with Latios? Hits harder and faster on the special spectrum with less weaknesses. I can post sets if needed.

hmm..

please do

redlongmagnet

T3 Founder
Latios
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Surf
move 3: Hidden Power Fire / Dragon Pulse
move 4: Trick / Psyshock
item: Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Conkeldurr
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Mach Punch
move 4: Payback / Stone Edge
item: Leftovers
ability: Guts
nature: Brave / Adamant
evs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
ivs: 0 Spe

Scrafty
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Crunch / Dragon Tail
move 4: Rest
item: Leftovers
ability: Shed Skin
evs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 248 SpD
nature: Careful

move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Hi Jump Kick / Drain Punch
move 3: Crunch
move 4: Ice Punch / Taunt
item: Life Orb / Leftovers
ability: Moxie / Shed Skin
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

juan8913

yeh i agree with Red u should replace machamp with a scrafty but with a different moveset

scrafty@leftovers
shed skin
252 dfnce/ 252 special dfnce/ 4 hp
ice punch
drain punch
bulk up
rest

Bulk up increases ur defence and attack which is y u dont need attack IVs. With BU ice punch will hit dragons hard. Drain punch will get extra hp with BU + STAB. rest to recover, shed skin has a chance of 33.3% to wake ur scrafty up after every turn.
Leftovers for a little more recovery.