• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Honey and Raindrops

Toyo

Wandering Caretaker
Honey and Raindrops

Well, that title seems oddly femine. I can assure you that I am, in fact, a guy. Anyways, this is a team that I'm failing with, but it works OK-ish. I put in /ranking, and this is what it gave me.

(16:34:20) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 14290/20902 [945 points / 1 battles]!

I'm not exactly sure if thats good or not, but I will tell you that I'm still somewhat new at this. Now, with out further ado, Honey and Raindrops!

Wait. One more ado. This is a team for a clan called "The Battling Academy" One of the rules is that I must have a signiture pokemon to challenge my team buillding skills, and the other is that I must have a pokemon from the house, named after regions, I'm in. My signiture happens to be Vespiquen and my house is Hoenn. Ok, now, without further ado, Honey and Raindrops!

Changes in Bold, Original in (parenyhases)

thumb_toxicroak.jpg

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

Toxicoak is my main sweeper, along side Starmie. I'll sub up, spam bulk up, then abuse Drain Punch and Sucker Punch. Not much else.

thumb_vespiquen.jpg

Vespiquen (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 168 HP / 184 Def / 156 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Defend Order
- Heal Order (Roost)
- Toxic
- Attack Order

Vespiquen! She alone took down an entire team, which was ironic, because it was one of those people who challenge me with ubers thinking they always win. Anyways, Attack Order is one of the best bug-type attacks which only she can learn, so why not use it? Defend Order is fun, cause after she goes to +6 in her defensive stats, nothing does anything to her. I can heal of those petty attacks with Roost, and Toxic wears them down.

I've replaced Roost with Heal Order, as this prevents me from being vulnerable to ground type attacks. Yet this leaves me 4x weak to Rock, but it would creme me anyways.

thumb_starmie.jpg

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rapid Spin (Hidden Power [Fire])
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Starmie, of course, is a powerful sweeper. Surf gets STAB and power boosts from rain, HP Fire is for the pesky steel types like ferrothorn and Sizor, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt make up the infamous BoltBeam combo.
The only reason I didn't have Rapid Spin before was because I didn't know where to put it. I'll try this out.

thumb_politoed.jpg

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Ice Beam

By looking at this little guy, you can obviously tell that this is a rain team. I kinda save him until I've killed their weather starter, then set up rain, bring in Toxicroak,Vespiquen,Swampert, or Starmie and start murdering the remainder of their team. If all of them are dead, this little guy can just kill the two or three that are still in it, as the above four won't go down with out at least poisoning them, setting up hazards, or doing some damage.

thumb_swampert.jpg

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Scald

Swampy! At least, thats what I call him. Not much overly special here, but I still use him as a SR/Sweeper. Ice Beam also helps against dragons, as he's my back-up for dragons. Also, he's the only one on my team who counters electrics, as otherwise they run through my team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Ninja Dewott recommended it. If it fails, blame him.

Removed Pokemon
thumb_skarmory.jpg

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Surprisingly, as Vespiquen acts like Blissey some times, this guy is useful as heck. He takes down those setup sweepers with Whirlwind, or sets up spikes and whirlwinds everybody. Roost is his only real form of healing, which is good. Brave Bird is used for when I whirlwind in an unlucky grass or fighting type. He also walls all the Dragons, as I have no other way of dealing with them besides ice beaming them to death.

Last edited:

Usatoday

Eternal God
Honey and Raindrops

:O I love this name

Well, that title seems oddly femine. I can assure you that I am, in fact, a guy. Anyways, this is a team that I'm failing with, but it works OK-ish. I put in /ranking, and this is what it gave me.

(16:34:20) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 14290/20902 [945 points / 1 battles]!

I'm not exactly sure if thats good or not, but I will tell you that I'm still somewhat new at this. Now, with out further ado, Honey and Raindrops!

Wait. One more ado. This is a team for a clan called "The Battling Academy" One of the rules is that I must have a signiture pokemon to challenge my team buillding skills, and the other is that I must have a pokemon from the house, named after regions, I'm in. My signiture happens to be Vespiquen and my house is Hoenn. Ok, now, without further ado, Honey and Raindrops!

thumb_toxicroak.jpg

Toxicroak (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Substitute

Toxicoak is my main sweeper, along side Starmie. I'll sub up, spam bulk up, then abuse Drain Punch and Sucker Punch. Not much else.
Ice Punch helps you with the dragons but if you want to still run sucker punch use a swords dance variant

thumb_vespiquen.jpg

Vespiquen (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 168 HP / 184 Def / 156 SDef
- Defend Order
- Roost
- Toxic
- Attack Order

Vespiquen! She alone took down an entire team, which was ironic, because it was one of those people who challenge me with ubers thinking they always win. Anyways, Attack Order is one of the best bug-type attacks which only she can learn, so why not use it? Defend Order is fun, cause after she goes to +6 in her defensive stats, nothing does anything to her. I can heal of those petty attacks with Roost, and Toxic wears them down.
Good

thumb_starmie.jpg

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Starmie, of course, is a powerful sweeper. Surf gets STAB and power boosts from rain, HP Fire is for the pesky steel types like ferrothorn and Sizor, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt make up the infamous BoltBeam combo.
thumb_politoed.jpg

Politoed (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Encore
- Ice Beam

By looking at this little guy, you can obviously tell that this is a rain team. I kinda save him until I've killed their weather starter, then set up rain, bring in Toxicroak,Vespiquen,Swampert, or Starmie and start murdering the remainder of their team. If all of them are dead, this little guy can just kill the two or three that are still in it, as the above four won't go down with out at least poisoning them, setting up hazards, or doing some damage.

thumb_swampert.jpg

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Scald

Swampy! At least, thats what I call him. Not much overly special here, but I still use him as a SR/Sweeper. Ice Beam also helps against dragons, as he's my back-up for dragons. Also, he's the only one on my team who counters electrics, as otherwise they run through my team.

thumb_skarmory.jpg

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Surprisingly, as Vespiquen acts like Blissey some times, this guy is useful as heck. He takes down those setup sweepers with Whirlwind, or sets up spikes and whirlwinds everybody. Roost is his only real form of healing, which is good. Brave Bird is used for when I whirlwind in an unlucky grass or fighting type. He also walls all the Dragons, as I have no other way of dealing with them besides ice beaming them to death.

Overall Looks OK but you really need a second special sweeper maybe Tornadus

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
@ Usa: Ice Punch + Drain Punch are illegal together.

You also have no counter to the popular VoltTurn strategy, so I suggest Bulk Up Breloom. All the cool kids use it! I would replace Skarmory, because it seems to be doing the least amount of stuff.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
EVs: 236 HP / 212 SpD / 60 Spe
Careful
- Bulk Up
- Spore
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch

Of course, that now leaves you weak to Dragons, so I suggest a SDefensive ferrothorn, which will have great synergy with Swampert.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy/Careful
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave/Protect
- Gyro Ball/Power Whip

Finally, Rapid Spin is essential on Starmie here, and Heal Order > Defend Order on Vespiquen. But if you can fit both in, great!

Hope this helps :D

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
@ Usa: Ice Punch + Drain Punch are illegal together.

Finally, Rapid Spin is essential on Starmie here, and Heal Order > Defend Order on Vespiquen. But if you can fit both in, great!

Hope this helps :D

I don't mean to undermine you, but TM Drain Punch from Gen IV and Gen IV Tutor for Ice Punch means that combo is fair game. I prefer Sucker Punch, but that's just preference. Also, Roost>Heal Order, because 2 Healing moves just seems silly. The other suggestions are good though.

Nice Team you got here, I like how you've incorporated Vespiquen into a the mix.

DragonXmicro

何これ?かえったね。
If your looking for a special sweeper, go for a mon that just loves rain.

Jellicent@Choice Specs
Modest nature
172 Hp / 252 SpAtk / 84 Spe
Water Absorb
-Water Spout
-Shadow Ball
-Surf / Hydro Pump / Scald
Ice beam / Energy Ball
This is the standard jelly specs set. Scald / Surf > hydro pump, due to accuracy probs and scald can burn, shuting down physical sweepers. Beam or ball. Beam for dragons, ball for other waters, say an opposing swamps and jellyz and even them pesky starmie.

Youd be able to use its natural bulk, too.