• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Honor (Redux) [SU]

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
On an unrelated note, what do Tangeh's, Lost's, Mogar's, and my avatars have in common? :p

HM02gon

Waiting...
On an unrelated note, what do Tangeh's, Lost's, Mogar's, and my avatars have in common? :p

I don't know- they're all kinda tough looking... I guess. I don't see any super obvious similarity, though.

Tangeh

They're all ready for the RP is the answer. And I totally am too. >: ) A few hours will put my timezone at 2am-ish but I might still be awake because it's me. xD

Pyroli

Banned
Alright, I will reserve you Giratina.

I will likely post the Legit RP Thread in a few hours, I'll notify you all when it's up.

Are we also aiming for a discussion thread? I feel like something like this could really benefit from one. ovo

wish I could find a better Avatar for Xerneas tho,,

Sketchie

literally some guy
@Monster Guy: Your avatars are the same as your legendaries, aren't they?

@Mogar: Yes, I've asked Psychic if we can have one, because we're likely going to need one. fun fact the things i have planned for this rp are heavily influenced by until dawn so yeaah a discussion thread is necessary probably.

Tangeh

Mewtwo had a lot of good avatars from the Genesect movie, I spent a good couple of minutes trying different ones on. xD I guess they don't have the Diancie movie avatars up though (for Xerneas)?? I know there's def an avatar from that one time it made an anime appearance because I've used it before...

What is until dawn *googles* oh gosh..

Sketchie

literally some guy
I'm anxiously waiting to get the okay for a discussion thread, because I am ready to get out of this one.

@Tangeh: The events of the roleplay itself isn't very influenced by UD at all, though some of it might slip in I'm keeping this RP to my brain. However, I'm going to be utilizing the butterfly effect. There are several "events" that are triggered by others, a wide web of what can happen and what won't. As the GM, I can do this. And... hopefully that makes sense.

I've arranged this RP a lot like how my friend and I arrange our LARPs. There are certain NPCs/actions that trigger certain actions, certain areas, and not all will be explored. Or even mentioned for that matter. If all goes well, it should work.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
And I did it! For your information, yes, I did the hometown thing half-purposely. :p Also, the excuse the short sample. I wanted to make a new one instead of copy-pasting a past post.

Part One: Human
Name: Valentina Araw
Legendary: Giratina
Hometown: Canalave City; formerly Eterna City

Appearance: For the most part, physically, Valentina's pretty average, it's obvious to tell she's a girl, but she has a coltish form, partly coming from constantly running away from her little antics. She stands at 5'8'', with her skin being light brown with nothing noteworthy, like scars. Her black hair is short, only reaching behind her neck, and is in a pixie cut. Her red eyes and rather sinister smile often make people think she's mad, add in her rather youthful looking face, and you could easily call it creepy. Her clothing doesn't exactly help. Her red shirt has a grey vest over it with a yellow collar and on its back is is a red X. Said vest has one chest pocket outside and two inside. Her pants are black with a total of six pockets and is held with a brown belt with a grey skull buckle. The only things that don't exactly look that creepy are her yellow running shoes and black fingerless gloves. She knows it's going on the edge of unneccessary, but sometimes she wears shades, that she keeps in her outside chest pocket. She keeps Ray's Pokéball in the right hip pocket on her pants.

Personality: The first thing you'll notice about Valentina is her smile. Most people think it's sinister, but she does it on purpose as a sort of test. If you don't get affected by it, it becomes more sincere and warm, if not, it stays that way. The mischievous look in her eyes is mostly in the same boat, but she really is a joker (though her jokes aren't always good). She likes to tease people and, if possible, prank them. Because of that, she tends to know how to fool people, particularly when it comes to taking things.

She has a rather carefree view of things, rarely getting fazed by stoicism and cold shoulders. This is in part to her dislike of people who want complete control of others. She believes that one should always let others choose for themselves. So if you hate her, she won't mind. If you give her a nickname, she'll mostly just ask why you name her that. Although she will annoy anyone who dislikes her on occasion, being the trickster she is. The only thing that she doesn't like in other people, as stated, is when they want to control others, especially by blackmail or manipulation, which is why she hates Team Shadow. If someone does manage to tick her off, she resorts to violence. She won't let up until the opponent's down. She sometimes gets a little twisted in her plans, coming off as a bit disturbing, especially if she's angry.

Despite all that, she truly cares for others. Couple that with her view of free will, she rarely has a grudge. She deeply cares for those she considers friends and family. If she gives you a sun, star, or light related pet name, that means you've won her affections. Although she might not show how much she cares alot, what with the teasing, carefree attitude and occasional disturbing descriptions on her pranking plans, she'll defend her loved ones viciously.

History: Valentina was born to two loving parents, both working for the police (that now is under Team Shadow) in Eterna City. She was raised by them for three years before they were killed in an accident in the Chateau in Eterna Forest, where they were asked to investigate the mansion. So she was given to and raised by her aunt and uncle in Canalave. This was when things didn't go so well for her. It was obvious they disliked her. Even at a young age, she didn't like Team Shadow and would often say how she'd like to show them a thing or two. Her aunt and uncle chastised her for that, and at first she didn't like that they would constantly keep an eye on her, either by themself or through their sons.

One thing made it bearable though. She got along well with Aria,the youngest of their four children, a girl only two years younger than her. Even with the artificial light, the little girl would wish to see what the sun was like. Valentina would read stories with her from the Canalave library because of that, and she also called her by Sunshine, because of her dream and Aria was Valentina's sunshine. Unfortunately, Aria's parents didn't like it and would often tell her to stop being with her, saying she was a bad influence.

For a time, she hated them for it, so she still spent time with Aria. Then one day, on their way back from the library, they encountered a Gastly with some sort of yellow collar. She didn't think much of it other than that it was odd to see it, but Aria seemed to have recognized it. They brought it back to the house and almost immediately, the family broke down in sadness. This was when then one of Aria's brothers explained that the reason why they were one of the better off families was that the eldest was recruited as a specialized breeder (in his case, Ghost types) to give the best Pokémon to Team Shadow troops, in return, they would help financially with the family so long as he kept working for the Team and the family wouldn't 'cause trouble.

This led Valentina to feel guilty for how she thought of them before, and had her hate Team Shadow. She decided to take the Gastly under her care and try her best to not openly show her hatred of Team Shadow. She got along swimmingly with the ghost and named it Ray. Though she's gotten along better with the rest of her family, she still wishes she could do more than secretly tick off Team Shadow members or misplace keys for their vehicles. Maybe she'll get her chance soon.

Moveset:
- Shadow Force: She becomes blended with her surroundings for a moment, then dashes to another point (usually behind an opponent) before reappearing and tackling said opponent (think Greninja's Shadow Sneak in SSB). However, she can still be hit even when she's not visible, if you can keep track of her shadow or have a wide range attack and she can still be sensed through other means.
- Will-O-Wisp: She can make a little blue ball of fire appear in her hands (one each) and move them around for a short period. The target won't actually take any damage, but they will get burned (minorly or whatever is fair).
- Dragon Claw: Her entire hands are encased in blue energy, forming claws. The casing dissapears after about five seconds.
- Dragon Pulse: She forms a blue sphere about the size of a basketball in her palm, which can be thrown at the target.

Other: None.

Part Two: Pokemon
Name: Ray
Species: Gastly
Personality: He is a lot calmer and, ironically, less creepy than Valentina is. He likes jokes and is playful like her, but he doesn't do it as often as his owner does. He tends to remind her about things that require more tact and tries to keep her safe. Her daringness doesn't helo though and he gets annoyed by that sometimes. But he deeply cares for her and her family.
Moveset:
- Confuse Ray
- Shadow Ball
- Lick
- Haze
Other: He has a yellow collar around him. Yes, both he and Valentina knows it looks weird, but they figured it'd look better when he evolves.

Part Three: RP Sample
Reincarnated Giratina
Valentina Araw
Canalave Library

Valentina hummed. Here she was, once again, in the city's library. More specifically the top floor, where all the stories involving Legendary Pokémon, legends and myths were kept. She never understood why these were stored at the very top of the building. There a lot of interesting and fascinating stories in mythology. In fact, some of the most popular stories today could most likely find an equivalent in mythology, if one knew where to look. Maybe they were just reminded of the most boring class in the world known as history class? She thought about this for a moment.

Yes, most likely because of bored memories.

She returned her focus back to the bookshelf. She hummed again. This might take a while. Sunshine and her have read most of these stories already, and there wasn't anything new. What are they going to read now? She scanned it, starting from the left and reading to the right. "Sinnoh Creation Myths", "Veilstone Folkstories", "Unova Folksongs"... Valentina frowned. She really wanted to read something with Sunshine, but there wasn't anything to read.

She blinked, her eyes landing on a misplaced book. She reached for it and then read the title.

"Stories of the Sinnoh Gods", it read.

She stared at it for a while. How long was this here? She didn't remember any book like this was here. Maybe someone checked it out of the library for a long time and had just returned it. Well, either way, it was new, for her at least, and that was good enough. Besides, for some reason, she couldn't help but be intrigued by the title.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
@TheCharredDragon: Congratulations on having pretty much the only non-angst character in the cast. I'm going to mark you as pending though, her appearance is a little lacking, I'd like a little more.

I'm working on the RP thread currently. I'm nearly done with it, so expect it in a few hours when I come home from school.

REAL DADS

Shampoo Thief
Sorry guys, I'm sticking with my "kid with a tentacool on his head" avatar. Gotta maintain my brand recognition. I threw an entei into my sig tho if that counts for anything

I also googled until dawn, and what I gathered from that is we are all going to die. I can't wait

HM02gon

Waiting...
Sorry guys, I'm sticking with my "kid with a tentacool on his head" avatar. Gotta maintain my brand recognition. I threw an entei into my sig tho if that counts for anything

Oh boo. I gave up my Flygon...

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Yes. I'm trying to get everyone else to change theirs. *nudge nudge*

As fun as this sounds, there are very limited Regice-Avatars fitting my own personal taste, regardless of how privileged I am.
That being said, I may look more into it tomorrow.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I don't really like writing the angsty types. :p I like the more outgoing ones, they're more fun for me. Okay. Edited. How's that?

Monster Guy said:
Yes. I'm trying to get everyone else to change theirs. *nudge nudge*

Ask and ye shall receive! XD From me at least.

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
@Charred: I feel that vibe. Anyway, that'll do, thank you. If you wanted to add a little more though, I'd be a-okay with that.

Wow, so now you're just waiting on me. I'll get the thread up as soon as I can. I rewrote some of the opener -- same plot, different opener. Be excited. Or something.

And we're off!

Last edited:

Tangeh

On their eighteenth birthday (or if they die before then), they are taken to Arceus to be judged. If they have lived good lives, their godhood and memory are restored. If not, they are killed again, and the cycle begins itself over.

Max's gonna die. Is this a common phenomena? Like the gods just die every so often and are reborn? xD

So do the events of this RP happen the day of their birthday...? AKA not the day we're starting on? (Like we wouldn't meet each other until tomorrow?)

Last edited:

Sketchie

literally some guy
Max's gonna die. Is this a common phenomena? Like the gods just die every so often and are reborn? xD

God sometimes die, yes. Sometimes they just accidentally fall on a pike staff. One of them got shot fighting in a war because they were bored and decided to join a war. Then you have the nine we're using, who were executed.

So do the events of this RP happen the day of their birthday...? AKA not the day we're starting on? (Like we wouldn't meet each other until tomorrow?)

Yes. The RP itself starts the day before their birthday, but once I get word i can get a WELL NEEDED DISCUSSION THREAD i can get you what Actually Happens To Move Things Along Because Instructions Are Somewhat Needed Because NPC Yes

Tangeh

Okay, beautiful, thanks. xD I was going to have him go to a party but then I was like "...what if I have to play him drunk interacting with the other RPers for the first time" >_> I will come up with an alternative, lol. Hopefully the discussion thread will be approved soon, but until then we'll just clog up this one. :p