1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Honor [RP Thread]

Discussion in 'Role-Playing Games' started by Sketchie, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Sketchie

Sketchie it's about the CUBES

Honor
    PG-15 for Violence // v2 of an older roleplay of mine.
    [SU] . [Discussion Thread]

The year is 2033. Each pokemon game events have taken place in the years they were released.

In past years, evil organizations have always been present, trying to overthrow balance and take over in their region. And with every organization, there is a trainer who won't stand for it. That trainer rises through the ranks, fighting battle after battle until they find their way to the top. In an epic battle, that one trainer rises above his opponent, disbanding the evil organization and saving the day.

But what if that trainer failed?

In the year 2015, a Team Shadow was born. They worked in secret underground bases in each region. They started to appear in each region early 2016. The one trainer from each region who had defeated the evil in their own region decided together to take Shadow on like they took their other teams. The six trainers started their war against Shadow, and in the beginning, it looked as if the six trainers had the upper hand and were to defeat Team Shadow. But in late 2016, the war was still going, and Team Shadow started to rise. One by one, each trainer fell. And one by one, each region fell to Shadow. First fell Kalos and Unova, then Hoenn, then Johto, then Kanto, then lastly Sinnoh.

Team Shadow had control over every city in each region, and they made quite a few changes. There were guards constantly patrolling the streets, factories making supplies for the Shadow, and a curfew was set up- no one could be out after 9:00 without proper permission.

And there was no natural light- the sun never rose anymore.

In the dimensional plane of the Gods...

~*~
    "Children, I have called you here to discuss the turmoil that the world is in." At the head of a grand table sat a man appearing to be in his early twenties, yet his hair a stark white. He looked up and down the table, ensuring everyone was seated in their correct position. A meeting of the Gods. They happened often, but Arceus himself had called an emergency meeting.

A girl sitting close by Arceus sighed. She twirled her long, navy hair, using her other hand to push a silver tiara higher on her head. "Please, Arceus, we all know who is to blame."

Arceus raised an eyebrow. "I didn’t call you here to place blame on one person or another. Dialga, care to explain?"

"Gladly." Dialga stood up. She scanned the table, until her eyes fell on a young man, dressed entirely in black, contrasting pure white hair. "Darkrai, this is your doing, I believe. No one else could have caused this mess."

The young man flinched, furrowing his brow. "Dialga, I've tried to destroy the world twice. I've learned my lesson. I'm done."

"A world full of darkness, taking away sweet Ho-oh's job of raising the sun, rendering Lugia's job of raising the moon pointless." Dialga smirked, throwing her hair behind her shoulder. "Isn't it what you've always wanted?"

"Maybe once upon a time, but I would never--"

"Don't you see him grovel like that, Arceus?" Dialga asked sweetly, turning towards Arceus. "All the evidence points to him. I say we... eliminate him, let him live in the world he so desperately wants."

Arceus glanced over at Darkrai. "You do make sense, and I believe his first attack was your tower... you're right, all the evidence does point to him--"

"What evidence!?" A voice shot from the crowd.

The table erupted in argument, voices shouting left and right. It became clear, however, that few were on Darkrai's side. Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Deoxys, Xerneas, Regice, Kyurem and Entei were the only ones defending Darkrai. Verbal attacks flew across the table, until a shriek pierced through the heavens.

Arceus stood directly behind Darkrai, his golden sword plunged through Darkrai's stomach. "I've heard enough. Speak all you'd like, but it won't make a difference. You are banished to Earth until further notice." He sliced upwards, pulling his sword out when he hit Darkrai's collarbone. With trembling hands and shaky gasps, Darkrai gingerly touched his wound, a horrified expression washing over his face.

Cresselia rushed to his side as Darkrai collapsed onto his knees. "W-what have you done?" she sputtered, struggling not to break into tears. "You, you've killed my brother!"

"And if you don't shut up, you'll join him," Arceus hissed, glaring at Cresselia. His glance shifted to the eight gods who defended Darkrai. "Expect the same fate for you. No one causes disorder like this and lives."
    ~*~

And with that, Arceus disbanded the meeting, and sent the eight to a holding cell to be executed at a later time.

Cresselia was horrified. Her brother brutally murdered, and now even more to follow. She took solace in that she knew they would all be reborn as humans, able to regain their godhood at a later date. With some of the other gods who were too afraid to speak against Arceus hatched a plan. On the eve of their seventeenth birthday, a birthday they would all share, one by one Cresselia would tap into their dreams and inform them of their true identities. From there, she would inform them of a way to regain their godhood, and dismantle Team Shadow. It was risky, for both the fallen and divine alike, but they knew it would be the only choice.

You are one of these eight pokemon. Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Deoxys, Xerneas, Regice, Kyurem, or Entei. You were born in a different city in the Sinnoh region, to a nice family (rare for the times, but Cresselia was able to make it happen). You have no idea you are a legendary pokemon. However, as the weeks lead up to your 17th birthday you've noticed... odd things. You seem to have some sort of power, as if you're supernatural. For example, Darkrai might (accidentally) have found he can shoot orbs of dark energy from his hands, or Mewtwo moving things with his mind. While heavily suppressed due to your human form, these are manifestations of your true power.

Some extra information, revealed either through the SU or Almighty G[od]M: Most of the gyms are still standing and operable, however due to strict rule taking the league challenge is nigh impossible as you would expect. Unlike game canon, there are contest halls littered around Sinnoh, all still in use. Contests are quite popular to watch, as they bring a little light and sparkle to the bleakness of everyday life. There are Team Shadow supply bases everywhere, and administrative bases in every city, four major ones being in Jubilife, Eterna, Hearthome, and Sunnyshore. It is rumored the "big boss" resides in the administrative base in Veilstone. Though, no one has actually seen the big boss. Some aren’t even sure he exists.

An important mechanic in this world: Legendary pokemon (basically gods) have both a pokemon form and a human form. They can do pretty much whatever they want with their forms (e.g. Palkia sometimes likes to look a girl sometime a boy, Dialga is almost always a girl, Arceus is male, etc), as well as go from pokemon form to humanoid form as they please. Due to the selected legendaries' banishment, they are stuck in one humanoid form. This will be used as other legendaries will likely show up as Relatively Important NPCs. Gods are functionally immortal -- old age and illness will not affect them, nor will being poisoned, or lack of oxygen, food, or water. They have a heightened recovery speed and heightened strength/endurance. But they can still be killed. If a god suffers a fatal injury, they will die. A few moments after death, their body will turn to dust. When this happens, however, they will be born on earth as a human, without memory of being a god. On their eighteenth birthday (or if they die before then), they are taken to Arceus to be judged. If they have lived good lives, their godhood and memory are restored. If not, they are killed again, and the cycle begins itself over.

Rules
    1. Follow SPPF rules (duh).
    2. This is PG-15, people, let's keep it that way.
    3. A reserve will be held for two weeks.
    4. At the beginning, only one pokemon is allowed with the character, preferably the type the character representing the legendary is but it doesn't have to be. I'd say base evolution, 1st evolution at most.
    5. NO FLAMING/TROLLING. Ever.
    6. No godmodding, or making your character insanely-powerful, or making a Mary-Sue.
    7. Please attempt to be active. I have faith we can take this one pretty far, especially since we're all pretty experienced, inactivity is really our only threat.

Cast
    Darkrai: Jason Parker // Canalave City // Sketchie (mr angsty angst)
    Mewtwo: Maxim "Max" Lapidus // Jubilife City // Tangeh (angst, now with a side of edgy)
    Jirachi: Gwen Jerica // Jubilife City // HM02gon (magical girl who won't break out even with stage makeup. lucky.)
    Giratina: Valentina Araw // Canalave City // TheCharredDragon (winner of the Relatively Angst Free award)
    Deoxys: Ezekiel "Zeke" Nova // Veilstone City // Lost™ (aka space core) Status: Deceased
    Xerneas: Aryll Cervus // Celestic Town // Mogar (miss angsty angst) Status: Captured, unknown.
    Regice: Eirik Olavson // Snowpoint City // Schade (current holder of the Precious Cinnamon Roll title of the group)
    Entei: Eli Carter // Solaceon Town // Shampoo Thief (bite: he can bite you.)
    Kyurem: Kyle Uriah Remington // Snowpoint City // Monster Guy (a pun? in my roleplay? it's more likely than you think.)

Cresselia: Deceased
    Dialga: Alive, unknown position.

Your first posts should comprise of simple, introductory posts. Where are they, what're they doing the day before their birthday, the works. My post is a little on the short side, and I apologize, but I have to go perform and I wanted to get this up before I left.

Jason Parker
    Darkrai
    Canalave Library

Jason sat in the a corner, curled up with his nose in a book. He felt particularly down that day, so he decided on a nice book about Sinnoh mythology. The mythos surrounding Newmoon and Fullmoon island were so captivating. Of course, all of Sinnoh’s mythology was the best in his opinion. He turned to the last page, glancing over it before quietly shutting the book. He sat there for a moment, pondering, before hauling himself up. He slid the book back into its place on the top shelf with ease. Though he felt like a walking tree at times, he had to admit that it was nice to reach the top shelf.

Taking his time with each step, Jason make his way down and out of the library. He looked up into the dull, gray sky. It was though a thick blanket had been draped over all the earth, not allowing any light to pass through. The various sun lamps did the trick, and in places where they didn’t have the lamps it wasn’t that bad, but Jason still had to wonder what the sun would feel like. Jason yawned, standing still for a moment. Taking a deep breath, he whistled a small, four note tune, still staring at the sky. After a moment, a small, black bird came flying down from the rooftop, deftly landing on Jason’s shoulder. Jason rubbed the bird’s head, smiling. Without saying a word, he took a cigarette out of his pocket and put it between his teeth.

He began to walk towards the unused docks. As Jason walked, he stretched out his hand, focusing on the shadows created by the lamps. Though he didn’t tell anyone, recently he had found he could bend the shadows. He thought it could have been just him hallucinating, but as time progressed he was sure he had something going on. He sat down on a bench, taking a few deep breaths. He watched the shadows intently as they began to take shape. With a few flicks of his fingers, he was able to shape them into a couple, dancing along the paved ground. “Lucas, you can see this, right” Jason said to the bird. Lucas nodded, staring intently at the ground. “I… I’m not even sure how I do it. I just… sort of.. figured out.” Jason sighed, nodding his head. “I’m a boy who plays with shadows and talks to a bird. What kind of odd child am I.”

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

(OOC: How does one kill Xerneas, when s/he's a life deity? xD

Also, sorry Schadeykins, I'm posting first. :p Feel free to run into Kyle though!)

Kyle Uriah Remington
    Kyurem
    Snowpoint City/Temple

It was a dark and cold day, but that was no different from how it usually was in the small city. Kyle, dressed in his usual tank top and jeans combination, walked through Snowpoint City with Frosty the Sneasel by his side. The snow was falling, and the wind was blowing hard. A blizzard was going on, but Kyle and Frosty were both completely unfazed by the cold. Ever since he was a kid, Kyle was never bothered by the cold weather. He didn't know why, but it was, and sure made life easier for him. Now he didn't have to wear those ridiculous, and itchy coats people tended to wear.

The blizzard was much like the one that had hit Snowpoint when he found Frosty. With the blizzard going on, now was the perfect time to get some reading done. No one, not even Team Shadow would dare come out when the weather was this bad. Even the one guy who did come out in the cold, he wouldn't come to the temple. There was nothing of interest there now but peace and quiet. Sure, his parents would probably be worried once they realized he was gone, but by this point, they should know he would be ok. After all, it wasn't like he hadn't been out in the cold before.

At last, Kyle and Frosty finally arrived at the rickety old temple. It used to be that only people who were chosen could enter the temple, or least that's what he had read in a book about the city's history. Now though, no one even bothered maintaining the place. He walked up the steps, and took one last look behind him. There were no people around. Only the city being blanketed by a thick coat of white snow. It was beautiful, but when you lived in a city full of snow, you see this kind of thing all the time, it wasn't special anymore. Kyle wanted to get out of this city, and take on the Pokemon League challenge, but with all the strict rules Team Shadow has in place, that would be nigh impossible.

Kyle sighed, then he and frosty walked into the temple. The inside was just as old and rickety as the outside, but it was quiet and deserted, and that was all that mattered. Kyle sat on the floor, against a wall, and opened up a book he was carrying under his arm. "The Secrets of Pokemon Evolution" Which included a special chapter about Mega Evolution. As Kyle quietly read his book, Frosty happily ran around the temple.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  3. Pyroli

Pyroli Banned

Aryll Cervus
    Xerneas
    Celestic Town

Aryll sighed loudly, pushing back the curtains in her small family home of Celestic, now only inhabited by herself and her small Jigglypuff. She watched some of the operatives of Team Shadow walking among the town, viewing the landscape around them and wandering in and out of the ruins in the center. She furrowed her brow and angrily pulled out her pack of cigarettes, lighting the first one she found and pushing it between her lips; she drew in an angry deep breath and let out a suppressed sigh to allow the smoke to escape her mouth.

Kabi puffed itself out, picking up a marker from near the fridge and putting the bottom inside her own mouth, pretending to smoke like her trainer. Aryll rolled her eyes and let out a loose smile, patting the pink Pokemon on the head, the little thing was always trying to cheer her up and take her mind off the troubles of their current world.

"Ah Kabi, you're always by my side when I need you." Said the young girl, "You know, it's my birthday tomorrow but all I can really think about is getting out of this stupid town; maybe finding mom and dad. That would be the best birthday present I could get..." Continued Aryll, taking another puff from her cigarette before putting out the butt directly in the center of the table. The wood of the table had various burn marks from where Aryll had done this before, but she was ever so intent on adding more fuel to the literal fire. Kabi let out a small, 'jiggly...' and patted her trainer's back. It was comforting, especially considering how close the two were.

"We'll go through with the plan tomorrow, Kabi. We're gonna get out of here, we're going to kill all those rat bastards of Team Shadow and I'm going to take back what is mine." Whispered Aryll, scared someone would overhear her. Kabi nodded slowly, floating over to the sink to scoop up a small glass of water.

4. Liltwick

Liltwick Life Cheating Game

Ezekiel "Zeke" Nova
    Deoxys
    Zeke's room

The room was a mess, that was obvious. Various toys, stuffed animals, and books littered the floor. Zeke just simply observed this mess, taking notes on what was within it. Grasping his pillow, the boy floated the items to their respected places. The ability of psychokinesis has been beneficial ever since Zeke realized he had it. Of course, concealing the ability is a lot harder than it looks. The boy simply laughed at the idea of hiding his powers. The only real threat was Team Shadow. It's hard to think that one team took over the world, but, at the same time anything is possible. The point of life is to fulfill your desires. To strive for something until it consumed you. Perhaps this was what happened with the elusive leader? Zeke shook his head, thinking of the idea as stupid.

The ginger continued to float, clutching to the pillow as if it was the only thing keeping him alive. He felt his headphones start to slip off, and he went to grab them. Adjusting the device back to its place, Zeke continued contemplating myriad ideas. Thoughts were like new toys to him, something that he devoured and abused until he was bored, and he went onto the next one. His mind delved into a haze, all logic and reason consumed by his lust for knowledge and the tantalization of creation. His eyes seemed to become devoid of like, turning into a pale, sickly green. The boy's mind became lost to his dreams, indulging in what his mind was creating. However, he felt a sharp pain in his back and returned to reality.

Turning around to the pain, Zeke saw Polaris staring at him, worried. Zeke simply gave a child-like giggle and adjusted his glasses. The Elgyem shook his head, obviously annoyed at his trainer. It was a careful dance between the two. Polaris guided Zeke back to earth from the celestial realm. Sometimes the ginger returned easily, but at others he fell like a shooting star. Putting his feet back on the ground, Zeke made sure his clothing was in a presentable position. Motioning for the small alien to follow, Ezekiel waltzed across his house into the kitchen. No one was home, as his parents usually worked late. Placing his hand on the fridge, Zeke opened it and took out a carton of milk. Drinking it from the carton, the boy placed it back in the fridge and wiped his mouth with his bolero.

"Life is fun, isn't it Polaris? We've got to enjoy it. Mmm, so glad my birthday's tomorrow. I can't wait for the cake! Of course, there's presents as well... I don't know, it just seems like it'll be a fun day Polaris. I guess I better start heating up leftovers," Zeke muttered, heating up last night's dinner.

5. REAL DADS

REAL DADS Shampoo Thief

Eli Carter
    Entei
    Outskirts of Solaceon Town

The sky was overcast and there was a steady drizzle. Eli’s red hair fell over his face, wet and heavy. He kept brushing the strands to the side. He hated the rain. And yet here he was, out in the middle of it all, soaking. He was covering a story out at the Navidson’s farm. Team Shadow was gifting them with five new miltanks for their “service to the Shadow.” Their service, of course, was not by their choice. Team Shadow was just honoring them for letting them take a portion of their crop yields for the team. Everyone had to do it, but they wanted to make it look like they appreciate you letting them steal from you. Eli knew Team Shadow couldn’t care less about the Navidsons or their farm. What they were looking for was the PR. So they invited Eli along to take their pictures and write a story about how generous Team Shadow was. If you just follow orders, then they’ll treat you right. Or whatever.

He snapped pictures of the smiling Shadow operatives shaking hands with old Mr. Navidson, miltanks with big red bows in the background. These staged shoots were Eli’s least favorite. Working at the Shadow Weekly was taxing for him. He constantly has to wrestle with his conscience. He knew this wasn't right. However, for every propaganda piece he was forced to cover, he was able to write a story he actually cared about. And if he didn't do it, then someone else would. So he might as well take advantage of the opportunity, right? Currently, he was working on a piece about the Solaceon Ruins. The mystery of the place had always captivated him. There had always been rumors of strange pokemon appearing there. He wasn’t sure if he believed it or not. But he sure planned to get to the bottom of it! Not to mention the beauty of the place gave him some amazing pictures. He couldn't wait to get back out to them. But for now, he had to take some pictures of some cows in soggy bows.

“You getting some good pictures, kid?” asked one of the operatives.

Of course I am, thought Eli. “Yes, sir.”

“Great. When you write this thing, remember to use positive words. Generous, and uh, supportive, maybe… Well I don’t know, you’re the writer, you’ll figure it out. Get some quotes from the farmer too, about how much these miltank will help him out.”

“Got it,” Eli replied, pretending to write down what the operative just said in his note book. He knew how these things worked already, he didn’t need the operative giving him orders. But that was what operatives were best at.

After the shoot was over, the operatives got into their truck and left without so much as a goodbye. Eli packed up his gear and picked up his bike. The ride home in the rain was gonna blow.

“See you, Mr. Navidson,” Eli said before leaving.

“Take it easy, Eli. Thanks for coming out today,” the old man responded. “Oh, and in case I forget tomorrow, have a happy birthday.”

Eli gave the old man a thanks and hopped on his bike. It was a few miles along a dirt road to get back into town. He hoped tomorrow would be a better day than this day had been. It would be his birthday, after all.

6. TheCharredDragon

TheCharredDragon Prince of Thieves

OOC: She's on the other side of the dock, if it wasn't clear.

Valentina Araw
    Giratina
    Home in Canalave -> Canalave Docks

Valentina was silent. She relaxed into her chair and continued to stare at the ceiling of her room. Tomorrow was her birthday, and she wasn't exactpt excited. Usually, not much happens on her birthdays, or any of her family's birthdays. Sure, they might take the day off (which was possible for her and her cousins since they fared well in school), and maybe eat ice cream or a rarely eaten food of choice, but that was it. The only time she had a birthday present was when she turned fifteen, when her uncle and aunt gave her a Pokeball to keep Ray and have him officially be her Pokémon. But she had other plans for tomorrow. That's why she was, for the first time in a long time, a little unsure.

She looked back down to her hands, which were facing palms down. She focused on them for a while, then she flipped her left one over. Her eyes narrowed in concentration, and after a moment, a small blue flame, about the size of a baseball, burst into life within her palm. It hovered there, flickering, and it didn't hurt her at all. This was what she planned to do, show her family about this. It was only a few months ago that she found out she could make will-o-wisps (since they weren't hot until they touched something) but since then, she noticed she could do stuff that she only heard of in fiction.

She always wondered how she wouldn't get caught in some of her antics, she swore they saw her as she ran, but when she scared one of Sunshine's older brothers one time she ran past him after running away from misplacing a Team Shadow member's keys. She was in his line of sight, and yet he didn't see her until she stopped and stayed still. She had confirmed both that and her will-o-wisp conjuring with her Gastly, Ray, in the former case by nodding when he saw she dissapeared she dashed to get away from a different Shadow member at a later date. If it wasn't for Ray, she knew she would've thought she was hallucinating.

She wasn't so sure how to activate her "shadow dash", as she decided to call it, as of yet, partly because she couldn't tell when she did it. She only was able to control the blue flames last month, again, thanks to Ray. She didn't tell her family about this, even Sunshine, as painful as it was for her. She didn't like hiding stuff from her, but she knew that Sunshine would've wanted to help during the time she was practicing and she might've accidently burned her. She wouldn't have forgiven herself if that happened. But now that she has the hang of it, she thought it'd be a good time to tell them all on her birthday, when all their attention was on her.

But she was unsure what they were going to do after showing. She knew they wouldn't willingly give her away to Team Shadow, that's for sure, especially Sunshine. But was life going to go back to normal? She highly doubted that. Her uncle and aunt would probably try to find ways to keep an eye on her more often, just in case she might accidently let loose her powers or something. They might also ask if she had any more abilities other than the those two. She certaily hoped she didn't have more than that, but a part of her felt that won't be the case. The world just loves making fun of people and their misfortunes, particularly the very hopeful.

She sighed. This wasn't like her. She doesn't worry about the future. Then she sagged into her chair and looked at her desk, where she did any paper work, typically homework. It was a little messy from all the cryptic notes she wrote about her special skills, but she was staring at the only object she truly cared for: a picture of her aunt, uncle, two male cousins, herself, and Sunshine. She focused her gaze on Sunshine. Her smile in the photo was as bright as her nickname. Despite it being a picture, Valentina couldn't help but smile. Sunshine... That's why she was worried. She didn't want to worry Sunshine. That's why she was worried.

She shook her head, her smile becoming more amused. That was tomorrow. She'll just relax until then. She stood up and adjusted her vest. She took out a Pokeball from within it then released its inhabitant. When white glowing solidified into a Gastly, she returned the device inside her vest before putting on her shades. The Gastly, Ray, rolled his eyes at the action. Valentina chuckled at that.

"Wanna head out? Uncle's busy with papers and everyone else is at the market."

The ghost was silent for a moment, but then he nodded.

Valentina smiled wider and exited her room, her buddy trailing behind her head. Before she went out of the house, she shouted, "Uncle! I'm gonna go for a walk! And I know, I'll be back before dinner!" Then she gently shut it. She didn't have any destination in mind, she just wanted to do anything but worry about the next day. But it was a bit hard since the whole place seemed so gloomy. It wasn't complete darkness like in some of the novels she's read, but it was a little bleak, even with artificial light. She didn't mind it too much. But a part of her felt like it reminded her of lonely times, very lonely times, and there was Sunshine's wish of seeing sunlight. As amusing as that wish was, it suited her. She just wished there was some way to make it cone true when Sunshine's birthday comes, or on any of her birthdays.

She stopped and took a glance at her surroundings, figuring out where she was. It was the abandoned docks. How appropriate, she thought. This was one of her favorite spots, as well as Sunshine's. The sound of the waves moving and hitting the sides always helped whenever they read stories involving water. They had an especially fun time when reading this one book about a man hunting a shiny Wailord, that a huge wave crashed just as the Wailord in the book did the same to the man's ship in the book. Both laughed very hard at the coincidence, and Valentina joked that maybe the Wailord's ghost did that.

Her train of thought was interupted by Ray nudging her.

"Huh? What's up, Ray?" she asked, confused.

Then the ball of ectoplasm looked to somewhere else. Valentina followed his sight and saw that there was somebody else at the dock, on the other side. She took off her shades and saw that the person was a guy looking not much older than her with a Murkrow on his shoulder. She blinked and raised an eyebrow. This was new. She rarely saw others on the dock. Then again...she wasn't here that often, so that might explain that. Still, she felt she's seen him before. Isn't he a common sight at the library? Or maybe it was someone who looked like him. It was hard to tell from the distance.

She knew he'd probably notice her staring, but she did it anyway for a while. After a minute, she just shrugged. She put her shades back on and sat on one of the benches nearby. Maybe she'll just stay here and nod off.

"Could you keep an eye out if I fall asleep?"

She snickered. Although she couldn't see him from her angle, she knew the Gastly rolled his eyes again.

7. Schade

Schade Iron Defensive

=-------------------~~-------------------=
    Eirik Olavson
    Regice

Snowpoint City -> Snowpoint Temple

As it had been for quite the long time now, it was a dark, snowy day in Snowpoint City. It was pretty difficult to pinpoint what time of day it was with the abscence of the sun, but everyone seemed to be more or less used to it now. As he often did lately, Eirik was getting ready to head out, knowing well it was almost past curfew. His parents didn't bother to stop him later, as they had accepted that he needed some alone time to reflect over things..

.. "But why do I have to wear this?" Eirik asked, holding up his now trademark light blue Fur-hooded jacket. Sure, he was allowed to do more or less as he wanted, but god forbid he caught a cold while doing it. Snoppe was standing next to him, trying to argue with his mother as well, but her constant shivering kind of didn't help much either. "Silly Snorunts and your shaking...." Eirik mumbled as he accepted defeat and took the jacket. "You have never gotten a cold while wearing this jacket, son, so you are going to use it or I swear to god..." her voice raised without her knowing it again. Nora was a fair woman at heart, but too stubborn and proud to accept defeat in an argument, even when it was obvious she was wrong. It was just simpler to do what she said rather than to feel her wrath. Sighing, he exited the door, followed by Snoppe.

Outside, it was brewing up to a storm again. The wind was powerful, and the snow was not gentle in its way of letting you know it would lay down on everything you loved and cover it in a thick layer of white. This was what Eirik enjoyed; Walking at night (or was it even night?) to clear his thoughts. It was better than sitting curled up under a blanket at home, at least. He knew a lot of shortcuts and hidden passages through areas of the city people were too afraid to pass through, mostly because of the cold and the insainly deep snow in some areas. But if you wanted to avoid detection, this was the way to go. Team Shadow wasn't really too nice with the people they came across after curfew lately. Mostly because eirik had been the one they caught every single time, except for another kid in town.

As he managed to sneak his way throughout the city, he did come across a few Team Shadow operatives, who, as always, were complaining about the cold. Eirik had never really understood why anyone would complain about that The cold never bothered him anyway. It had just always been like that, so he didn't give it much thought anymore. His parents, on the other hand, did. It didn't take long now before he was standing at the entrance of the citys big, former main attraction; The Snowpoint Temple. He often came out here, as he felt a weird urge to be there from time to time, a certain calling. But that calling had gone away after a Pokemon Trainer from another town had entered the ruins many years prior. Nowdays, eirik would just hang around there, hopefully feeling that sensation again.

The temple was in a pretty bad state. People hadn't always been too thurough in cleaning and maintaining it, but it had stopped completely now. The wild Pokemon had moved from there, giving room for all new wild Pokemon, more equipped to handle the heat. It was in there Eirik had first met Snoppe, all that time ago. There was a thick layer of snow on the first floor which gave away that there was another person there as well. He didn't give that much though, if anything it would be a Team Shadow operator, but he would just deal with him later. He walked further into the temple until he came to the room he was looking for. At its very depths, there was a huge open area covered in blank ice. It was basically a natural ice-skating lounge, in which Eirik enjoyed spending time at from time to time. Snoppe, as always, had found some of her old friends to play with, running around in small, pointy packs while laughing and having fun. Eirik stepped out on the ice, which took him 3 meters ahead. the ice here was so slippery, one wouldn't even need ice skates to have fun there. He took out his iPod and put it on shuffle in order to get new inspiration for his hobby, before taking off his jacket, laying it on a nearby rock by the staircase, and started gliding around on the field. There also used to be a strange statue standing in the middle of the room, but it had somehow disappeared, probably being stolen by Team Shadow shortly after the trainer had entered all that time prior.

8. Sketchie

(( OOC: So. It's been a few days, and I've heard nothing on a discussion thread. Which... simultaneously makes me a little frustrated and a little anxious. I'm halfway tempted to make a blogspot or something off-site like that and use that as our discussion "thread.")

Jason Parker
    Darkrai
    Canalave Docks

"Krow, murkrow," Lucas squawked, nudging Jason on the cheek. Quickly, Jason let go of the shadow's hold, jerking his head up and looking around. When he saw no one in sight, he breathed a quick sigh of relief. The only person he could see was on the other side of the dock, far enough away they probably couldn't tell what Jason was doing. He leaned back, studying the person intently. Hadn't he seen them around before..? They looked very much like someone he had seen at the library on multiple occasions. He bit his lip, taking a deep breath. Not many people were on the docks, ever, and he felt like he should maybe... talk to her? But, he didn't altogether want to move. And she looked a little like she didn't want to be bothered.

Jason shook his head. "Luc, I'll be seventeen tomorrow. Can you imagine what I might be doing if there wasn't this mess of an evil syndicate to deal with?" The bird cocked his head, and Jason took the unlit cigarette out of his mouth. "I mean, Matthias might even still be alive. We could be out on a pokemon journey together. Eh, scratch that. He'd be the pokemon trainer. I'd be a coordinator. I mean, remember that time Mom took us to Jubilife and we saw that Honchkrow kill it? You could be that pokemon!" Lucas squeaked a little in agreement. Jason chuckled, rubbing the bird's cheek again. "But here we are. Stuck. In a lifeless city."

He glanced up at the girl again. He rolled his eyes, sighing deeply. "That's it," he muttered. He focused on a shadow nearby her, and casually stretched his hand in its direction. Jason gritted his teeth, trying to stretch his new-found power to a new height. Ever so slowly, he saw the shadow morph itself into a hand, and then... it slowly lifted off the ground, forming a three dimensional, fully physical hand. His hands trembled as he willed the hand towards the girl, tapping her on the shoulder. As soon as this happened, he lost his focus and the shadow immediately dissipated -- but Jason couldn't help but feel a sense of pride. He didn't know exactly what this power was, but hell yeah he had done it. Jason smiled, waving at the girl across the docks.

9. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Maxim "Max" Lapidus
    Mewtwo
    Jubilife City

"Max?" A young boy watched his older brother nervously from the other side of the room. The boy's bright blue eyes mirrored his mother's, and his short, straight brown hair mirrored his father's. "Are you leaving again?"

Max sighed and didn't turn around. His natural shock of light-silver hair and piercing lilac eyes mirrored neither his mother's nor his father's - nor anyone else he had ever met for that matter. Max fussed with the hair gel, trying to get his hair to stick up neatly. "Yeah, why?" he asked haughtily, believing the answer to be obvious. It was his birthday tomorrow after all. A female espurr stood on Max's nearby bed, staring blankly at the boy. She wore a silver pendent in the shape of a cross around her tiny neck - the size of the necklace compared to the size of her implied it was designed for a human rather than a pokemon. Max finished with his hair and swiped more eyeliner under each eye. His outfit was already chosen - black jeans, black shoes, and a black hooded zip-up to contrast sharply with his light hair. He left his hoodie unzipped, revealing a bit more colour in the form of a light-grey t-shirt with a large masterball design in the bottom left corner. The design was partially overlapped with indiscernible red text that ran down the entire front. It was certainly written in another language. but Max had no idea which one. The sleeve of his zip-up hid many of the black bracelets he'd piled onto his left wrist, though he figured the party would get hot enough that he'd want to eventually abandon it. He also wore a silver chain necklace and a black belt with a large silver buckle.

The younger boy wasn't deterred by his brother's temperament - he'd had his entire life to become accustomed to it. "If you get caught again, Mom and Dad are really gonna kill you this time. Like, really kill you." The nervous waver in his voice was not unnoticed by Max, who turned to examine his little brother.

"What's the matter Gabriel? Are you afraid to be home alone?" he mocked playfully. Gabriel looked pointedly away. Max gave a short chuckle. "You're eleven. I was babysitting you at eleven. Go watch TV or something like a normal kid, you'll be fine. Besides..." Max turned back to the mirror and examined his eyebrows. "I'll leave Yoko with you."

"Purrrrrr?" the espurr asked, blinking in confusion.

"No!" Gabriel blurted out. "Take her with you; it's dangerous to go alone! I'll be fine... I always am..."

"Esp, esp!" Yoko agreed, then leapt off the bed with a squeal of joy. Max just barely turned in time to catch her in midair - not with his hands, but with his mind.

Max's eyes glowed eerily blue as he tossed the little pokemon back to his bed. "...Don't do that," he muttered as Yoko bounced on his comforter and giggled wildly. "What if I didn't notice in time, huh?"

"Lighten up!" Gabriel insisted, then swiftly bounded onto and then off of the bed as if diving into a swimming pool.

Max's eyes glowed blue again, and he tossed his laughing brother harshly back onto his bed. "I said cut it out," he snapped, turning to open his window. "C'mon Yoko, let's go."

"Esp!" Max recalled her into a standard pokeball, grabbed a plastic bag already packed with alcohol, and leapt out the window. He slowed his descent with his mind and grinned as he hit the ground lightly. Over the past few weeks his abilities had been developing by leaps and bounds. He wondered if he'd ever bother walking again soon, if he could just levitate himself everywhere... It was a shame he felt the need to keep his abilities hidden.

Instead he traveled by foot through the dark urban streets. Jubilife City - "the city of joy". It was laughable to call it that now - Team Shadow made sure of that. The towering buildings that once attracted entrepreneurs and tourists alike now only served to further darken the bleak city. People were still busily hurrying about, but they did so quietly with their heads down, focused only on getting to their destination without attracting any attention. Max imitated them.

His first destination was an apartment complex across the city. He'd been there many times before - the guy who lived there was pretty notorious in the drug ring and gave fair prices to high school students. Max tried to keep his distance for the most part - he knew of easier ways to get alcohol, and didn't usually partake in anything else - but it had become a defined meeting point before a party and Max wasn't sure where they were going to end up tonight anyways. As he approached the complex, however, he realized something was wrong.

Team Shadow guards swarmed the area. Max slunk back against a neighbouring building, considering the situation carefully. "Hey!" Somebody grabbed his arm, and Max nearly clubbed them with his other hand before realizing it was a boy he recognized. They'd attended parties together before, but Max couldn't recall his name. He doubted they'd ever been formally introduced. "We gotta get out of here."

"What are you talking about?" Max hissed back. He pulled his hood over his head to hide his beacon of white hair.

The other boy turned to run. "This is a - "

"There's two of them over there!" a guard yelled. Max glanced over and his heart dropped when he realized the guard was pointing at him. "What's in the bag, kid?"

"Come on!" The other boy ran and Max followed closely behind. Two male Shadow guards pursued close behind.

"What the hell is this all about?" Max spat. Didn't Team Shadow have anything better to do? Max wasn't even technically involved in any of this, but knew better than to trust the justice system nowadays. He wasn't sure why the other kid was bothering to run, but Max was sure he could escape relatively unscathed using his powers.

"I-I messed up... didn't know he got busted..." the other boy whimpered, looking backwards. "They're catching up...!"

Max turned his head briefly, and the glow of his blue eyes extended to one of the guards, who froze in place. Unfortunately, the other guard only hesitated for a moment before continuing to chase after them. Max cursed under his breath and led them down a narrow alleyway. The end was blocked by a large dumpster - Max kept running, looking down to hide his eyes as they glowed blue again. He leapt, his powers extending his jump smoothly over the dumpster. He could hear the other kid scramble to follow him, then cries of protest as the guard inevitably caught up with him. "Help! Help me!"

"Not today..." Max muttered under his breath and fled a safe distance away. He was fairly sure that boy didn't know his name and therefore couldn't rat him out, erasing the only reason for risking his own skin for an acquaintance. He pulled off his hoodie and tossed it in the plastic bag with his alcohol, hoping his normal appearance would actually act as a disguise. They'd be looking for a kid in black, not a kid with white hair. Though he doubted the guards would waste more time trying to find him, he was thoroughly shaken and didn't wish to take any more risks tonight.

Max released Yoko from her ball, and she stared innocently up at him. "Purr? Espurr?"

"We're swapping necklaces..." He dumped his chain necklace in the bag as it was too heavy for Yoko to wear, and took the cross pendant off Yoko's neck and added it to his own. Yoko looked at him quizzically, but didn't argue. "Here, get on my shoulder." He picked Yoko up and perched her there. He'd accidentally landed himself on one of Jubilife's busiest roads, and tried his best to blend in with the crowd as he begrudgingly started home. So much for a birthday celebration...

10. Sketchie

Jason Parker
    Darkrai
    Canalave Docks --> Parker House

Jason shook his head. Still proud of his discovery, he jumped up, stretching out all of his limbs. He flipped his hair out of his face, and began the walk home. It was kind of a winding and out-of-the-way path, but he didn't mind. Jason loved the breeze in his hair, the sound of his feet hitting loose pavement, the feeling of peace. Lucas jumped about Jason's shoulder before flapping his wings, taking to the air beside his trainer.

Soon, a small, blue-gray house came into view. Jason stepped up onto the porch, then quietly stepped through the door. "Mom?" he called out, as Lucas took his place on Jason's shoulder. "I'm home." Almost immediately, a small, plump woman came into view, with bright red hair in tight curls bouncing around her shoulders.

"Jason!" Olivia grinned as she ran up to her son, pulling him into a tight hug (even though her head only came to his chest). "How's my almost-birthday boy?"

"Very... tired," he sighed, giving Olivia a squeeze before letting go. "I might go to sleep early tonight."

"Alright, but you aren't missing dinner, ya hear?"

"Yes Mum."

Dinner was quiet as usual. Jason's father was a quiet man, and his mother was usually too busy eating to talk. After Jason put his plate away, he sauntered into his bedroom. Lucas hopped onto his "nest" on Jason's desk, and Jason himself, without bothering to change, flung himself onto his bed, and drifted off to sleep...

~*~*~*~

Jason woke up in a field of gray, steel structures jutting up from within the tall grass. A breeze drifted through, blowing Jason's hair out of his face and creating waved patterns in the grass. A fog rolled in, adding to the bleak atmosphere, as sharp metallic clangs echoed rhythmically through the valley. He took a few steps forward, gazing about his surroundings. Suddenly, he felt something chilling run down his back, someone's sins crawling up his spine, and he realized he was not alone.

He spun around to find a girl -- tall, willowy, and ethereal. She was far off in the distance, her head down, her hands brought to her chest. Jason blinked -- and the girl was standing right in front of him. Startled, he took a step back. The girl raised her head, and Jason found himself staring into a pair of vibrant fuchsia eyes. "Jason?" she said, her voice ringing against the harsh metal sounds around him. Jason nodded.

The girl smiled, then threw her arms around him. "Jason, I'm so happy to see you again!"

"Again?"

Releasing Jason, the girl nodded. "Yes, again." She flipped her hair behind her, smiling. "I am Cresselia, the goddess of good dreams. Listen, I don't have much time, but I have some very, very important things tell you."

Jason took another step backwards, furrowing his brow. "Cres... Cresselia? You mean the gods are real?"

Cresselia smiled warmly, chuckling a little. "Of course we're real. Just because people don't worship us as often doesn't mean we cease to exist." She took a step towards Jason, fillingthe distance between them. "And you, Jason, are one of us."

"That's impossible." Jason shook his head, this time standing his ground. "This is crazy. I'll wake up, and this will have all been a dream."

"That's correct," Cresselia started, "It will have been just a dream. Except, you'll remember all of it." She crossed behind Jason, grazing her fingers underneath his chin. "Tell me, Jason, have you ever dreamt before? Good dreams, nightmares, or otherwise."

Jason looked down at his feet. "Um, well, now that you mention it, I haven't--"

"Of course you haven't, Darkrai." Cresselia spun in front of Jason, taking him by the shoulders. "A benefit of being who you are."

"I-- Darkrai-- what?" Jason wrestled our of her grasp, taking a defensive stance. "I... I'm not Darkrai, and this is crazy."

Cresselia giggled. "You haven't noticed your ability to manipulate darkness? Or the fact people sleeping get nightmares around you? Darkrai. Come to your senses."

Jason stood silent for a moment. "Let's say I believe you," he muttered, "What the hell am I supposed to do about this."

"You were wronged, Darkrai," she began, hints of anger in her tone, "Dialga believes Team Shadow is your doing, and it's clearly not. You and several others were banished here to earth, and I believe you nine are the answer to saving earth from Team Shadow." Cresselia bowed her head, closing her eyes. "Please. We need you. I need you."

"And what am I supposed to do?"

"Canalave Library. There's a book, the Legend of Darkrai. You're familiar with it, it's the book you read last." Cresselia looked at Jason once more. "Touch it, and you will be taken to Newmoon Island. From there, I can give you further instruction."

"But Cresselia, I--"

"I have to go," she said, looking around frantically, "But I will see you soon."

~*~*~*~

A loud crash echoed through Jason's head as he awoke with a start. He took a deep breath. It had to have been a dream. He looked over, noticing Lucas had already awoken. The bird chirped anxiously, looking at Jason with worried eyes. "Y-yeah, I'm good," he breathed, "We gotta get to the library."

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  11. Liltwick

Liltwick Life Cheating Game

Ezekiel "Zeke" Nova
    Deoxys
    Kitchen -> Zeke's Room

Zeke watched as the food spun around in the microwave, being heated up by the small machine. He could already taste it, the grease almost dripping out of his mouth as drool. The pizza bubbled up and down, the cheese excreting more and more of the delicious grease. The crust hardened slightly, and the smell of food filled the kitchen. Hearing the beep, Zeke opened the microwave's door and took out the paper plate. He examined the three slices, deciding which one to attack first. He decided to take the left one, and ate it. It tasted as good as any reheated cheese pizza would taste. Globs of gooey, reheated cheese dripped into his mouth as he held it up, and he started to devour the food. Despite his small frame, Zeke was a huge eater when he was hungry.

Polaris watched his trainer with a hint of disgust, watching the ginger pig out on warm cardboard. At least, that's what most food seemed to be for the Elgyem. Zeke didn't mind this, and finished off his dinner and threw the plate away. Then, digging through the fridge, he tossed Polaris a few berries, which the small alien happily enjoyed. With the two of them fed, Zeke started the nightly ritual of shutting down the house, so his parents had minimal work to do when they got home. He washed his hands, turned off any stray lights, and made sure the porch was illuminated. It was roughly eight, but Zeke didn't mind going to bed early. In fact, he loved sleep. It truly allowed him to dive into his dreams. Of course, being in the world of waking was fun, but the confines of his own mind was more preferable. Flopping into his bed, Zeke drifted off into the abyss within his mind.

Something was off, Zeke knew something was off. He wasn't in control of his dream. No matter what he tried, he couldn't create or manipulate the world around him. The world was a monotonous grey, save for the grass beneath his feet. There seemed to be a dream-like haze within the world, but it was not of Zeke's bidding. He wasn't alone, that was certain. Something, or someone, decided it would be a good idea to probe his mind. Looking around, Zeke saw a woman draped in ethereal clothing. She was pretty, to say the least. There was an air around her that caused Zeke to walk towards her.

"Ezekiel?" she asked meekly.

"Hi! I do prefer Zeke though," he responded joyously, seeming to forget his rage from earlier.

"Oh, sorry, nice to see you again Zeke," she responded calmly, as if she was treading on dangerous ground.

"Again? Am I missing something?" the boy responded, obviously confused.

"Well... you won't remember, even with that memory of yours. You're Deoxys, the space virus," she said calmly, judging Zeke.

"I'm... Deoxys? You mean I'm a god!? Awesome!" he shouted with excitement.

"You believe me...?" she asked astonished

"It does explain a lot, so, why not? Considering you were able to enter my dreams, you're Cresselia? It would explain why I have no power here... Let me guess, you're here to tell me I need to do something?" he asked her, peering into her eyes.

"Well... yes, but I don't have the time right now. I'm trying to help you right a grievous wrong that happened to you, and others... I have to go now, but, I'll talk to you soon. Find the clown within your room, touch it and I can see you again," She muttered before disappearing, the world turning into darkness.

Zeke awoke, a mixture of happiness and confusion within him. The clown? Oh, he knew what she meant. He motioned Polaris to come, and he touched the stuffed clown on the base of his bed the the Pokemon, curious on what would happen.

12. Schade

Schade Iron Defensive

Eirik Olavson
    Regice

Snowpoint City

After having spent a considerable amount of time skating around, eirik decided it was probably best to get home. He knew that his parents would eventualy grow worried about him, and he did have his own little rule to never be out until longer than midnight. Besides, it was his birthday the next day, and they probably had something in store for him. They never really made a huge deal out of his birthday, or any big day for that matter, and he knew that besides the mandatory birthday cake and greetings, he would likely have the entire day for himself. Which he would likely spend the same way he did every year: Ordering take-away Sushi and eating it while watching old Norwegian sit-coms. Not the most exciting birthday ever, but it was cozy enough. Getting all excited about it, he called for Snoppe, who was playing around with a few Bergmites. She instantly found him, and the two headed towards the exit. The ruins were pretty big, but if you just followed the same path back as you came form, it really wasn't as hard as everyone always made it sound like. On the way out, he gave a quick wave to the familiar-looking boy sitting by the entrance, reading a book. He didn't know if he noticed them, but didn't really care much for it either. He now had to focus on getting home without being spotted, which, eventualy managed to happen.

After he came home, his parents had already gone to bed despite it not being too late. He managed to sneak past their bedroom, and avoid the overly creaky staircase, unlike Snoppe, who wobbled her way into everything she came across, apparently. Despite the noise, however, his parents didn't show any signs of noticing, and he managed to get into his bedroom. It was freezing cold inside, and a glass of water he had on his night stand had been encased in ice. Eirik was not bothered by the cold. Ever, so this was nothing for him. He enjoyed the fresh air as he tried to fall asleep, and Snoppe found her usual spot in the corner under her own little blanket.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The dream he had that night was something out of the ordinary. He was at the usual spot in the middle of a freezing winter wonderland during a massive Blizzard. And once again, he felt nothing but the fresh wind rushing through his hair, and the occasional snowflakes that managed to find their way into his eyes. He covered his eyes with his arm, like he used to. The dream was more realistic than usual, and he almost felt cold. Appearing befre him though, in a flash of light, appeared a woman. The instance she arrived, the blizzard stopped. The woman was ethereal in appearance, wearing something similar to a greek goddess attire.

"Oh, great. It is going to be one of those dreams.." Eirik said to himself, surprised again by how realistic the whole scenario was. The woman giggled, a goregous laughter from a pure voice.

"Regice", she said. "Long time no see." She smiled a warm smile towards him, making him feel safe, somehow.

"Long time no see to you too, miss." Eirik said, almost bedazzled by the godly appearance in front of him. He didn't even notice, or care that she misspelled his name. even though she missed it by a million miles, people often mistook his name for something else.

"I am Cresselia, the goddess of good dreams. Listen, I don't have much time, but I have some very, very important things tell you." She said, starting to sound somewhat more impatient. The name did ring a bell, although he couldn't really put his finger on what it was. He had seen movies like these, and whatever she was about to tell him was probably important, regardless of being a dream or not.

"I'm not following.." He said, slightly shaking his head while glaring at the figure who called herself Cresselia.

"You are the Legendary God Regice. Crafted over the course of many centuries by the coldest ice from the nordic ice ages." The woman spoke, a tone in her voice telling him that she was serious.

"There are literally no response to that." Eirik answered, not noticing how he had tilted his head, looking at her in awe from what she just said.

Noticing how he wasn't really bying into what she said, Cresselia continued. "Perhaps you have noticed how you are unaffected by the cold? Many humans have a high tolerance for the cold, but surrounding yourself in it as if it was nothing, that is a special talent passed down to those of your kind." she said, raising a finger as if she was lecturing him.

That did make sense, if nothing else did. Eirik was still out of words to reply with, and just raised his hand and watched as it faintly glowed light blue. then a small storm of snow swirled around it. This was somewhat awesome, yet intimidating at the same time. He had dreamt of having superpowers before, but the realness to the whole dream made everything a certain shade of creepy.

"Ok.... "he said, visibly astonished. "Let's say I do believe you, and I am this.. Thing. What about it? Do I have some sort of a great destiny to fulfill or something?" he finished the sentence with a touch of irony, trying to humorize the situation.

"As a matter of fact you do..." Cresselia started. "But I am out of time, unfortunatly. Meet up with Kyurem at the Lake in the outskirts of this town, and you will both find a portal that will guide you both to the Newmoon Island" With this, she faded out of sight, and the blizzard caught up with everything again, and it turned into his usual dream of solitude.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As most mornings after a pretty intense dream, Eirik wake up with a gasp, sitting up in his bed, knocking away his teddybear. The first thing he noticed was how wet it was. Confused, he looked around only to see that there was a layer of snow covering his entire room, also making somewhat of a swirling pattern on the walls. Speechless, he tried figuring out what had happened until he remembered the dream. He scouted the room until he saw what he was looking for. Snoppe was sitting in the corner, under her little safe zone that was the blanket. "Did... I do this?" Eirik asked, not noticing how Snoppe was nodding before he continued. "So, let's just say that the dream wasn't a dream after all.. Is this the me she was talking about?" He didn't really talk to anyone now, just babbeling into the cold air. He paid no atention to the nodding Snoppe as he stood out from bed and managed to get dressed. He then went to pick up Snoppe before they both exited the room.

"Happy birthday, honey." his mother said as he came downstairs. She was busy cleaning up something. His father was nowhere to be seen. "Thanks, mom." Eirik said, trying to sound enthusiastically. "We have no plans for the day, so just knock yourself out." His mother said, giving him a smile. "Sure.. Sure.. I'll do that." Eirik answered as he just got his shoes and light blue jacket on and went for the door. His mother didn't try to stop him this time.
    He and Snoppe went to the local Sushi bar and got a menu. Regardless of how much world needed saving, he was not missing out on his sushi. Ordering it to take with him, he thought about what Cresselia had said twize and even three times, but there was no going back. He figured it wouldn't hurt to check out the things she said to him in the dream, and walked towards the outskirts of the town. A few patrolling Team Shadow Members looked at him as he passed by, but none of them bothered to bother him today, which worked fine for Eirik, as he came to the Acuity Lakefront.

Entering the actual lake, he found it to be nearly empty at the moment. It was normally dark, and a few nocternal Pokemon made their apearance known as he entered the Lakeside. Standing by the shore, he didn't really know what to do next but wait. He took his jacket off and sat down with Snoppe, and prepared the meal he had taken with him. "We'll just eat this and wait it ut for a while. If no one shows up, we'll just head home, 'kay?". Snoppe happily nodded as she impatient waited for her food.

13. HM02gon

HM02gon Waiting...

Gwen Jericha
    Jirachi
    Jubilife TV Studio-----> Jericha Estate

Night had fallen by the time Gwen had changed out of her costume and packed up her belongings. She preferred to walk home alone, but often found herself accompanied by the Team Shadow guards her parents hired to protect her. It's not that she really minded Team Shadow or anything, it seemed like they were just always there- on the news, in the streets, even watching over film productions to make sure that nothing went against the New Order. It was annoying, but overall, it didn't impact her that much. She was always coddled and protected anyway, so what difference did a few more guards make anyway. The one thing she did notice, however, was the way they treated the common folk, and those that lived out on the streets, often resorting to violent means to gain obedience, and in some cases, stealing Pokemon, even from young children, in order to ensure their dominance. She found it rather cruel, but knew that it was not her place to speak up against those in power, and that herself, and her family could be thrown in prison if she did anything. So she kept her mouth shut.

She had been walking for about 20 minutes, undisrupted, except a few times by Shadow Guards who proceeded to let her continue after they saw who she was. She was nearing a corner when she heard a commotion. She saw a small group of Shadow Guards run past her and turn down an alley, and proceeded to follow them, although she knew it would cause her to get home later than usual. Her parents kept strict time of where she was and when, and even the slightest deviation from their schedule would get her in a lot of trouble. Luckily, she learned that she could just use her strange powers to get herself out of it. It was a few weeks ago when she discovered that she had strange powers. It started by her being able to use telekinesis to levitate small objects, but then she found other powers, such as being able to create blinding flashes of light, and even manipulate the minds of others. She was fairly concerned, but figured that she should just keep it secret, since she wasn't really proficient in whatever these powers were, and frankly, the press and her manager would be even more on top of her, asking her for constant demonstrations of her newfound powers. She didn't need any more attention than she already had, and times like this were rare when it was just her and the world. She crept down the alley, attempting to avoid drawing any attention to herself.

“We got the one kid,” one guard shouted to the others. She looked and saw a boy about her age wearing a dark green hoodie with a picture of some fighting-type Pokemon on it.

“Help... help me!” The kid shouted, towards the alley, like there was someone else in there. Lucky, she thought about the other someone the boy was with, who managed to get away. The fate for the other boy, however... she didn't want to think about it. Suddenly, she felt a strong grip on the collar of her jacket.

“Miss Jericha, what in the name of Arceus are you doing in this part of town? You should be on your way home!” She turned to see a familiar guard- she didn't know his name, but he often served as he escort around town.

“I... uh... I heard something, and was wondering...” she stammered, before he interrupted.

“You could have gotten yourself very hurt. Now come with me, I'll give you a lift home to make up the lost time.” He looked over towards the boy. “These kids are dangerous, Gwen. It's our job in Team shadow to protect the good citizens of this world, like you and your family, from worthless delinquents like him.”

“What are you gonna do to him,” she asked nervously, following the guard to his cruiser.

“That's nothing you need to worry your pretty little head about, sweetie. It's best you stay out of these problems.”

The ride home was only a few minutes, and she managed to get home early, which her parents didn't mind. They had been strong supporters of Team shadow since the very beginning. Her uncle was one of Shadow's most feared and respected Admins, thus, adding to their prestige, as if they weren't wealthy and well known enough. She knew that if she lived by shadow and her parents' rules, she could grow up safe and successful, but not necessarily happy. Something about all of this just didn't seem right to her. Not to mention that her psychic powers would definitely interest Shadow, for better or for worse.

Gwen went to bed early that night, lulling herself to sleep with thoughts about her powers. Why did it seem she was the only one? Do other people have strange powers? Does everyone have them and just keeps it a secret? If they did, wouldn't her parents and manager notice her manipulating them. Before she could think of answers herself, she was fast asleep...
    Everything was white, and it seemed to go on forever. Then, the barren environment began to change into a mysterious valley, with a waterfall pouring into a crescent shaped lake. She walked over to the lake, and looked down. Much to her surprise, she didn't see her usual face. She saw a strange white and yellow creature. It looked familiar, like something she had learned about from her tutor. An ancient legendary Pokemon, perhaps? She wasn't entirely sure. Suddenly, she felt an extreme amount of energy fill the valley. A bright light flashed behind her, and she rapidly turned around. But there was nothing. She looked at her hands. Human, to her surprise. She looked back in the water. Her reflection still showed the strange creature. She knew the name of the Pokemon; it was on the tip of her tongue.

“Jirachi.” That was it! She saw the mythical Pokemon Jirachi in the pool of water. Then she realized- the voice that saids that- it wasn't hers. She swung her head around, looking in all directions. “Jirachi, there is no need to be afraid.” I'm not scared, she told herself. Just confused... She saw a bright light again and a female figure descended from the sky. “Jirachi, I've come to tell you something. But we must be quick. If they find out I've been to see you, I too, could end up like you.”

“Like... me what?” Gwen spat. “What is going on? Who are you?” She got up and walked towards the lady, who was dressed in a blue and yellow silk dress and had pink ribbons laced around her arms and legs. Despite the exciting, colorful life she had, Gwen's dreams were usually fairly bland. This was very strange. “Who are you,” she said to the woman, “And why are you calling me Jirachi?”

“Do you not recognize me,” she said, with a hint of sarcasm, like she was an old friend of the girl. “I'm not surprised. Arceus did wipe your memory.” She looked intently at the girl. “But it seems you've discovered your psychic powers, nonetheless.”

“Okay, okay, um... can you please tell me what's going on?”

“Come with me,” she said softly, taking the girl's hand and bringing her to the waterfall. As the woman took her hand, she felt a massive surge of energy. But it was pleasant, and felt warm and friendly. “Look into the pond and tell me what you see.”

Gwen peered into the water. Sure enough, she saw the mythical Pokemon Jirachi where her reflection should have been. “I see Jirachi. But that doesn't make an sense at all.”

“I suppose I should take a look too,” the woman stated, leaning over the water. Gwen looked at her reflection and gasped. Where the woman's reflection should have been she saw a pink and yellow Pokemon with glowing crescents on its back. She looked at the woman, who was smiling at her reflection. “A reflection is the most honest image the world can give to a being. It shows your true identity. As for you, you are Jirachi. And I am the Cresselia, the Goddess of Good dreams. I know you must be confused; as would I, if I were in your place. But we should skip formalities, as I said before, we do not have much time, and I have many more visits to make before daybreak.”

“What? So you're telling me that I'm a Pokemon? No, this is crazy. It's a dream, obviously. You said so yourself. I'll just wake up, and things will be just like how I fell asleep.”

“Suit yourself,” Cresselia said, turning away from the water. “But while you are still asleep, I have control. And I will not allow you to wake until you know everything you need to, so why don's we get to business, okay?” Gwen shrugged, unconvinced by anything the so called “Dream Goddess” had to say, but nodded, and continued to listen. “Good. Have a seat,” she said, as she summoned an elegant table and chairs, complete with tea set next to the pond. She sat down and watched as Gwen sat down across from her. “Now, I have told you of your true identity, it's important for you to know how you, a powerful Pokemon of Legend, got to where you are. You were once like I, all powerful, but something happened, and you were cast down from the Aether. Do you know what?”

“No clue,” Gwen retorted, rolling her eyes, although she was secretly interested in what she had to say.

“Team Shadow happened.” She said the words Team Shadow like it was a disease, an unpleasant taste in her mouth. But she kept calm, and continued talking. “It was 17 years ago, when it happened. Not Team shadow, they have been here much longer, but the incident.” She shook her head and sighed.” Arceus called a meeting of all the Legendary Pokemon- that is what you know us as. But I will proceed to refer to us more properly- as Gods- to discuss the turmoil caused by Team Shadow. As you have noticed, due to the darkness that Team Shadow has brought over the world, the sun no longer rises. Yes, there is day and night, but there is no light in the world. Only shadows. You, Jirachi, are one of the few last lingering lights in existence. Anyway, Arceus called a meeting of the Gods to find out what caused Shadow's takeover. Dialga was first to speak, and she chose to blame Darkrai. Now, I know my brother, he may be the God of Nightmares, and may be corrupted, but if there's one thing I know about him, is that he would never lie. She poised all the blame on him, claiming that he had used Team Shadow to create the world he had always wanted, a world of total darkness. But he denied, claiming that his old ways were behind him, and that he was in no way responsible for the corruption. And I believed every world. Unfortunately, Arceus didn't. He believed his precious daughter, who proceeded to complain about all the things that my brother had done to her, all the things in his past. Disgusting, I must admit. She had Arceus wrapped around her little finger. A few of us- that would be you, spoke against her, though. We were the ones who saw the truth, that for once, I will admit, that this wasn't Darkrai's wrongdoing.”

“What... what did I say, exactly?” Gwen asked, now incredibly curious and intrigued by Cresselia's story.

“Good question. You told Dialga that she was jealous of Darkrai's overcoming, and that he had chosen to move past his horrid ways, but she would always be a controlling, self-centered, narcissistic... well, I can't bring myself to say the other word you called her. You said that it takes a powerful person to admit their mistakes, but she would always be too proud to admit to hers. And believe me and yourself, she has many. Her fights with her brother Palkia have brought many instances of mass destruction to Sinnoh. You mentioned that, and she just waved you off.”

“But if you knew that Darkrai was telling the truth, why didn't you stick up for him?”

“Because...” her large, pink eyes became clouded with tears...” Arceus killed my brother! And he promised the same fate to me if I said anymore! I did stand up for him, I really did. But I couldn't risk banishment, and I knew that If I stayed in my Goddess form, I would still have my power. But there really isn't else much I can do, besides serve as your guide.”

“So... who are the others... if there are any?”

“I'm glad you asked. Mewtwo, Giratina, Regice, Kyurem, Deoxys, Entei, Xerneas, and of course, Darkrai. They all have been banished to earth and taken up human forms, like you. But they have powers, as you may have discovered, and as I have seen, from watching you. What you need to do is meet up with the other Gods on Newmoon Island, and I will then inform you on what to do next.”

“But how do I get there?”

“An ancient item connecting you to your true identity will guide you there.”

“Wha... what do you mean? Like some Jirachi relic or something?”

“Yes.”

“Where would I find any relics here? There's no museum anywhere near here?”

“There is no time left for us. But you should know this. Search the place where the young become masters, the masters pass on their legacy, and the legacy becomes history. That is all I can say, dear child. Farewell...” A white light flashed again, leaving Gwen blinded for a moment. She watched as the female figure slowly faded away into the sunlight. Then, everything became dark.
    5:30 AM. Just lovely, Gwen thought to herself as she crawled out of bed. She needed to be at the TV studio in time for shooting, but at the same time, she couldn't get that strange dream she had out of her head. Should she choose to believe it? It was just a dream, after all. But then something caught her attention. A white sheet of paper with elegant pink writing was set on her dresser. She read the message.

Search the place where the young become masters, the masters pass on their legacy, and the legacy becomes history.

This is your destiny.

~Cresselia~

“I guess it is...” she said softly to the sheet of paper. “Me, some random 17 year old girl has to save the world.” It was a strange feeling, even though the fate of the world had been in her hands dozens of times in the various films and TV shows she starred in. But this was real life, and suddenly, she didn't feel so spectacular.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  14. Monster Guy

Monster Guy Fairy type Trainer

Kyle Uriah Remington
    Kyurem
    Snowpoint City

As he was reading, Kyle became vaguely aware of another person in the temple with him, but didn't pay him any attention. He thought for a moment about how it was his birthday the next day. He knew it would go the same way as all his past birthdays. There would be cake, and his parents would give him a card with some money inside it as a birthday present, but otherwise, the rest of the day would be business as usual. There wasn't anything to be excited about. After spending a good amount of time reading, Kyle decided is what time to get back home. His parents will probably get worried, and all kinds of drama would probably start. Kyle shut his book, and called for Frosty to his side. Together, the two made his way back home.

By the time he made it home, his parents had already gone to bed, even though it was still fairly early in his opinion. Then again, it wasn't like there was much to do in this small excuse for a city that was worth staying up late for. Kyle and Frosty managed to make it to Kyle's bedroom without making any noise to wake his parents up. Since he figured there was nothing else to do, he figured he may as well go to bed to, and get this day over with. Kyle removed his clothes, and jumped into bed, and Frosty curled up in his own little space at the foot of Kyle's bed. While his parents went to bed with warm fleece pajamas, Kyle went to bed wearing only his ice blue boxers. The cold never bothered him anyway, so he didn't need to wear itchy pajamas.

---

Kyle was on his snowboard, quickly going down a mountain. He made a jump in the air before making a smooth landing. He enjoyed the rush of adrenaline he got from getting air, even if didn't last as long as he would like it to. Once he got down, Kyle removed his helmet, and snow goggles, and observed his surroundings. There was a blizzard going on, just like he had been earlier in the day. He enjoyed the soothing sound of the wind blowing, and the feel of it hitting his face. Kyle knew he had just gone to bed moments ago, which meant this had to be a dream. Especially since he was dressed in his regular clothes again. Admist all the snow, there was a figure in the distance slowly making her way towards him. As the figure got closer, Kyle could see that the figure was a young woman dressed in ethereal attire. She sure was taking her time getting to him. Once she was close to him she started to speak.

"Kyurem... It has been a long time..." The woman said with somber expression on her face, but there was still hope in her eyes.

Kyle raised an eyebrow. "What did you call me?"

"My apologies, I should explain. I am Cresselia, the goddess of good dreams. Listen, I don't have much time, but I have some very, very important things tell you."

Kyle was skeptical. He had read about Cresselia and other Legendary Pokemon in books, but none of them talked about them being able to become human before.

"You don't believe me do you?" The woman said before Kyle had a chance to say another word. Then, she glowed, and when the light faded, something else was standing in her place. A pink and yellow Pokemon with glowing crescents on its back. That was the Cresselia he knew. "How about now?"

"Why couldn't you just appear like that?"

"It's much easier to travel undectected in human form." Cresselia glowed once again, and when it faded, she had changed back into a human. "You won't believe how annoying it is dealing with children attacking you with their Pokemon, and trying to throw Ultra Balls at you... Anyway, the reason I am here is because just like myself, you too are a Legendary God."

"You can't be serious..."

Cresselia nodded. "Very much so. Have you ever wondered why you're not bothered by the cold like all the other people around you? Or why you have that hair and eye color combination no one else in your family has? Even your own name should make it clear you're more than a mere human... Kyle Uriah Remington... Admittedly, that last one was a coincidence, but that's irrelevant."

Kyle was at a loss for words. That would make more sense than any other explanation he's heard. He raised his hand, and it started to glow light blue for a minute, before he shot out a beam of ice. The suddeness of this caused Kyle to jump back in surprise. He had read books about kids being given superpowers, and having a destiny to save the world, but never did he think stories like that were real, and never did he think it would happen to him. Kyle's face then returned to his usual, stoic expression. "Ok... Let's say I do believe what you say. Why would you come to me of all people? Don't you have other Legendary Pokemon that would be of more help?"

Cresselia smiled warmly. "There is so much to explain, but so little time. Meet up with Regice at the Lake in the outskirts of this town, and you will both find a portal that will guide you both to the Newmoon Island. All will be explained there..." With this, she faded out of sight, and the blizzard caught up with everything again, and suddenly, Kyle was standing all by himself again.

---

Kyle awoke with a start, and was gasping for breath. Once he had calmed down, he looked around, and saw that the walls of his room had been frozen. He looked at his hands, then back at the walls. "Did I do that?" Kyle asked out loud even though he knew no one would answer. His mother wasn't going to like that... This confirmed that dream was no mere dream after all. Through it all, Frosty was still sleeping. Completely unfazed by anything that had occured. Slowly, Kyle got out of bed, got dressed. He knew he had a long day ahead of him.

Once Kyle and Frosty left the bedroom, Kyle's mother was the first to greet him. "Happy birthday, honey!" She called out from the kitchen. She was busy making pancakes. His father was nowhere to be seen.

"Thanks, mom." Kyle said, nonchalantly as he sat down to have the breakfast his mother had worked so hard to make. She would get upset if he didn't. Once he was finished, Kyle and Frosty proceeded to head out the door.

"Wait! Don't forget your..."

The blue haired boy had already slammed the door and left before his mother could finish her sentence.

"Jacket..." The blonde woman said sadly.

As he headed to the lake,everything Cresselia had said ran through his head a number of times as he walked towards the outskirts of town. Even though he would never admit it to anyone, Kyle was actually excited about this whole thing. It would be nice to have a real adventure, as opposed to reading about them. A few patrolling Team Shadow Members looked at him as he passed by, but they left him alone.

Once he entered the lake, there wasn't much going on. There was however, a boy and a Snorunt having a meal together. Kyle could have sworn he had seen this guy around before... Cresselia did say something about meeting Regice... or something there, but it wasn't like he could just walk up to a stranger and talk about his strange dreams. That would be creepy, especially since he had no way to know if this was the person he was looking for. Kyle walked up to the lake, sighed as he bent down, and put his hands in the water, wondering what he should do next.

Unlike his trainer, Frosty had no problems approaching strangers. Excited to see the Snorunt, he shouted, "SNEASEL!" ran up to the Ice type Pokemon, and knocked it down with a hug.

Kyle nearly jumped when he heard his Pokemon shout, and knew that couldn't be a good sign. As Kyle took his hands out of the water, and got up to see what the fuss was about, his hands glowed blue, and a blast of ice fired from them. Slowly, a section of the lake started to freeze.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
  15. Tangeh

Tangeh Well-Known Member

Maxim "Max" Lapidus
    Mewtwo
    Jubilife City

Max made it home and had to pause outside to catch his breath before levitating himself up to his bedroom window. His focus was off, and he ended up tumbling through it harshly onto the floor. Yoko, who had still been perched on his shoulder, flew halfway across the bedroom and screeched in alarm. Max sat up shakily and panted. So much for stealth. "Sorry Yoko... ugh, I gotta snap out of it."

"Es! Espurr!" Yoko hissed, but leapt over to make sure her trainer was okay.

"Max?" Gabriel opened his door hesitantly and squinted into it. He was clothed in pajamas and yawned. "You're home already? ...Why are you on the floor?"

Max stood and scooped Yoko into his arms. "Long story..." he muttered, not in the mood for conversation. "Aren't Mom and Dad home?" It wasn't like his parents to ignore a commotion like this.

"I thought they were..." Gabriel disappeared around the corner, during which Max sat Yoko onto his bed. Gabriel reappeared, frantic. "They're not home! What if they get caught out past curfew?!"

Max shook his head. It should be their parents worrying about them being out past curfew, not the other way around. The last thing he wanted to do was alarm his little brother. "They'll be fine. They're allowed to work past curfew because... because of their work, okay?!" he lied. He hadn't meant to sound so defensive near the end, though Gabriel appeared to quietly accept the anecdote Max had invented on the spot as fact. "Go back to bed. I... I need to go to sleep..."

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Max grumbled, beginning to search around for his white pajamas. "Go on. Get out of my room."

Gabriel hurried away, and it was Yoko's turn to voice concern. "Esp? Espurr?"

Max ignored her for a minute, instead focusing on getting ready for bed. "Look, I just got chased by Team Shadow, I don't know what happened to everyone else who was supposed to meet me there, and I didn't get to celebrate my birthday tonight. I don't want to talk about it; I just want to sleep."

"Purrrrr..." Once Max had climbed into bed, Yoko curled herself next to his legs. The two quickly fell asleep, Max's exhaustion overriding the thoughts running through his overwhelmed brain.

---

Darkness enveloped the space, pushing all stimuli out of Max's mind. He became aware of the darkness first, wondering with a start where he was before coming to the realization that he was dreaming. It didn't feel like a dream, but he oddly knew it was - was this a lucid dream? He had friends that said they could achieve lucid dreaming using certain drugs, but Max couldn't remember going out last night... in fact, he couldn't remember any of the day's events at all.

A dull pink light appeared in the darkness. Max squinted and then shielded his face with his hands as the light rapidly expanded, revealing that he was on a paved street. There were no people around, no Team Shadow guards. The buildings and streetlamps were eerily dark - the only light was still coming from the same source, though Max now recognized a female figure behind the glow. Max took a step backward and grit his teeth. He watched as the glow of light from the woman spread upward into the sky, and suddenly it was the quarter moon and stars that illuminated the dim streets instead. "Maxim..." the woman said, speaking softly but directly to him. "There is no need to be afraid. Please listen to what I have to say." The woman was thin and tall; she was almost as tall as Max himself. Her pale complexion, light blonde hair, and pink eyes also reminded him eerily of himself.

"What's going on?" Max demanded nervously. "Where have you taken me? Who are you?" He tossed the questions out rudely, not trusting this stranger. The woman stared at him calmly and patiently. He furrowed his brow as she barely reacted to his harsh words, and his eyes glowed bright blue. "Answer me!"

"Are you going to attack me?" the woman asked, sounding merely disappointed. Max scowled and raised a hand to send waves of psychic energy at her. The attack passed by her as if it were only a mild breeze. "Mewtwo... the youngest of the legendaries..." the woman continued, bowing her head. "Child of Mew, both survivor and result of human interference. You were always so distant, so volatile... I am not offended by your distrust. Your memory was wiped by the hand of Arceus and I cannot blame you for acting in your nature."

Max's glare didn't cease, though his eyes returned to their typical lilac. "What are you going on about? Are you crazy?"

The woman smiled softly. "Sometimes we must do crazy things to save the ones we love. I have defied Arceus to be here... maybe your label for me isn't inaccurate." She frowned and looked at him seriously. "Please, have a look at yourself. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say, and I fear I don't have much time." She gestured to the window of a building, where the moon cast a reflecting glow. Max stepped cautiously toward it, expecting it to be some sort of trap. He peered into his reflection - only his reflection wasn't human whatsoever. A tall, white creature stared back at him with absolute coldness in its familiar lilac glare...

Max looked away from the mirror at his human hands, and then back to the monster in the mirror. "This... this is Mewtwo." Max recognized the creature - there was a statue of it in the reception area of his parents' laboratory. As a youth he would often tease Gabriel, saying his parents were working to clone another one, and his naive little brother believed him for years.

"You are Mewtwo," the woman gently corrected. "And now that you know your own name, you should know mine. I am Cresselia, goddess of good dreams." Max put one hand disbelievingly on his reflection, his five fingers meeting Mewtwo's three. He couldn't tear his gaze away. Why did something feel so right about this scenario...? "I know your powers have already awakened. Thank you for the demonstration..." Max couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not. "Haven't you always wondered why you were different? Why your appearance is so frighteningly different from your family's; why you have abilities that no human could possibly have?"

Max tore his gaze away from his reflection and narrowed his eyes at Cresselia. "I... I..." He had no alternate explanation. "Why... why have I never realized...?"

"Your memory was wiped by Arceus, for standing up for my brother, Darkrai." Cresselia looked longingly up at the stars. "I could do nothing, but I will not hold my peace any longer. The punishment of yourself and the other eight was a senseless act passed with neither evidence nor compassion!" Her voice was strong but wavering. Max got the impression that she didn't speak out like this very often. "My brother was accused of creating Team Shadow to shroud the world in darkness... Dialga," Cresselia spoke the name bitterly, "was the one who convinced Arceus that Darkrai was responsible, based only on his regrettable past crimes. Only eight legendaries stood against this harsh judgement - you, Mewtwo, were one of them." She stared at the ground, her eyes filling with tears. "Thank you..."

"Why are you telling me this?" Max's voice was gentler now. He wasn't afraid of this woman any longer.

Cresselia bowed her head. "You must meet with the others who are scattered across the region. I've arranged for all of you to be teleported to New Moon Island. If you are to have any hope of surviving judgement on your eighteenth birthday now that you're aware of your fate, you must prove your innocence and get rid of Team Shadow. That, Mewtwo, is your task."

Max listened quietly, then glanced at his reflection again. The Mewtwo in the window swished his tail impatiently. Max turned back to Cresselia and nodded once. "I understand." Team Shadow had destroyed life as humanity had known it. Max was more than ready to get revenge.

Cresselia nodded back. "I have hidden the teleportation point in plain view, but where nobody can touch it."

Max looked at her quizzically. "What am I looking for?"

Cresselia smiled. "You were staring at it only a moment ago." Max turned back to the Mewtwo reflected in the window, realization dawning on him. "We both know this wasn't an ordinary dream, Maxim, and we both know you are no ordinary boy. Heed my words, lest destruction follow..."

The stars became dark one by one, until finally the moon too conceded to darkness. Max waited quietly, knowing this was the end of the dream. "Mewtwo..." Cresselia's voice echoed around him, though he couldn't see her anymore. "Please watch out for my brother..."

---

Max's eyes shot open and he clamoured out of bed. Yoko sat up and rubbed at her eyes, clearly irritated by the sudden awakening. "P-purr..." Her weak complaints were drowned out as Max furiously tore through his dresser, seeking outfits for both today and for... well, who knew how long this trip to New Moon Island would take? "Espurr?" Yoko asked, bemused.

"I need to pack, quickly," Max explained. "Dammit, where's that traveling bag?!" He dug through his closet, ticked off by his own poor organizational skills. "Yoko, go to the kitchen and see if you can find... ugh, I don't know, snacks or something portable. Anything else I'd need for a trip, too." He levitated her off the bed and she bounded obediently to the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" Gabriel had entered his room, yawning widely. "You're being loud. Mom and Dad are gonna be mad if they worked late. It's only six in the morning."

"Whatever. I need to pack. I'm leaving, and I don't know when I'm coming back," Max explained in a rush. He'd found a black satchel and was stuffing clothing into it.

Gabriel stared at his brother in shock. "What do you mean...?"

Max sighed and tore himself away from packing to kneel down in front of his brother. "I need you to be a good kid, okay? Work hard at school, don't go out late at night, listen to Mom and Dad. Can you do that for me?"

Gabriel's eyes were filled with confusion and pain, but his voice was clear. "Yeah... yeah of course..." Max embraced his brother tightly, wishing he didn't have to leave him here alone...

Yoko re-entered the room, psychically levitating a pile of food and other essential items (Max spotted his toothbrush among them) three times her size in front of her. She collapsed from exertion and allowed the items to fall haphazardly on the floor. "Es...purr..."

Max grabbed Yoko's pokeball from his desk and recalled her into it. "Good job." His eyes shone blue and the items organized themselves neatly into his satchel, Yoko's pokeball among them.

"But where are you going?" Gabriel blurted out as Max was already turning to leap out his window.

"It's the reason I have these powers," Max explained, forcing himself to look back at his brother. "It's all becoming clear. This is something I must do, and not only for myself either. I can't waste an hour explaining this to our parents, so tell them I'll call them later, alright?" He still needed to figure out a good excuse. He could never trust his parents with the truth.

Gabriel nodded, then looked sadly down. "...Happy birthday. I made you a card, but..." Max noticed something grasped in his brother's hands, and levitated it over to himself.

"Thanks kid. I love you." He tucked the card into his bag. Not wanting to look back, he jumped out his window and took off briskly toward his parents' lab. The Mewtwo statue there was the teleportation device; he was sure of it.

He reached the laboratory and pushed on the door, but it was locked and required key card access. Max stepped back and examined the many windows of the building. He spotted one open on the second floor, but there were already easy-risers jaunting around near the front and he couldn't be spotted using his powers. He slunk around to the back instead, and spotted an open window three stories up. "Bingo."

Max blasted away the thin screen with his psychic abilities and levitated himself neatly into the room. The lights were off, and Max ended up having to feel his way to the door, where artificial light was streaming in underneath from the hallway.

There were voices coming in from under the door, and Max froze as he recognized his mother's. "Yes, DNB-2K5 is coming along beautifully. Small but powerful... security in Jubilife will be much better if we can get it approved."

"It will be approved, I can assure you of that much." The other voice was male, but it wasn't Max's father. Max didn't recognize it. "I'll need an example to show Team Shadow. The price they'd be willing to pay will be well worth your while."

Shock and rage overtook logic, and Max stepped out of the room, glaring across at the pair. The man his mother was talking to was a Team Shadow guard. "So I was right..." Max said bitterly. His mother stared at him in shock. "This is why you and dad have been sneaking around past curfew."

"Max," his mother said, narrowing her blue eyes. "Have you been spying on us?"

The honest answer was actually 'no', but Max couldn't explain the real reason he was here, especially not now. "Yeah, I was. I don't care though, do what you have to do. It doesn't matter anyways; I'm leaving home for a bit." Max turned away. He couldn't deal with this right now. "Don't breathe a word about what you're doing here to Gabriel. Do you understand me?!"

"Honey, this isn't what it - Maxim Lapidus!"

Max ignored his mother and ran to the stairs. He could hear them pursuing them, so he leapt over the banister and levitated himself quickly and gently to the first floor reception area.

It was still too early for anybody else to be in the usually bustling common area. Max ran immediately over to the Mewtwo statue, which was said to be of accurate size and towered over Max, especially because it was standing on a pedestal. A plaque in front of it held an epigraph: "Mewtwo: the greatest and most terrible genetic achievement. We as humans and scientists are capable of creating such power, but that does not mean we are capable of controlling it. Let us remember those who lost their lives in Kanto and never follow this path again. Feb. 6 - Sept. 1. DO NOT TOUCH." The statue was roped off. Max stepped over the barrier and pressed his hand against the statue's chest.

"Max!" he could hear his mother cry. A bright light filled the area, and he was gone.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  16. TheCharredDragon

Valentina Araw
    Giratina
    Canalave Docks -> Valentina's Room -> On the Way to the Library

Valentina watched the teen walk away on the other side. Even if she can't see his face, the way he walked easily showed he was happy about something. What he was happy about, she could only guess. The past minute was a bit confusing. She was sure she felt someone tap her shoulder, but when she turned, no one was there. Whatever touched her shocked Ray, and then she saw the boy wave at her. He probably didn't notice, but she waved back, more out of courtesy than anything. Then he left a moment after she did that. He was most likely the one behind who--or what--ever tapped her, but how? She stared at him even when he was out of her sight, thinking of how. The best she could guess was he threw something at her and Ray was shocked because of how accurate it was despite the distance.

Her thoughts were interupted by a familiar and welcoming voice.

"Sis!"

Valentina smiled and turned just in time for a little girl to tackle her into the bench with a hug. It was Sunshine.

"What are you doing here, Sis?" she asked, her smile making Valentina's even wider.

Even though they were cousins, Sunshine would still call her sis, or big sis, since she was younger than Valentina.

"I wanted some fresh air. It was getting stuffy in my room. I probably would've suffocated," she joked.

"That's what happens when you don't clean your room."

Valentina looked up and behind Sunshine to see one of the little girl's brothers with a smirk and a grocery bag.

Valentina's smile turned more smug. "Says Major Messy."

His expression changed to one of annoyance and he was about to retort, until he was beaten to it.

"She got you there, Tonic. Her room may be messy, but not as messy as yours," the other brother said.

Tonic, the one who started this just pouted. Before things could escalate, her aunt said.

"Settle down everyone. It's almost six. Let's all head back."

And so they did. But not before Valentina stared at where she last saw the teen. It probably was her imagination, but she had a feeling that boy did something that no normal person could've done.

Because she only saw that look on Ray's face when she showed her powers.

--

A field. That was where she was in. A field. But it wasn't a grassy one. It was barren, void of life and ash grey. The only things breaking up the otherwise bland landscape were twisted yellow pillars, scattered across the place, and she was standing beside one. She looked up to the one she was nearby. This one looked like a dragon coiling itself around a jagged pillar. She turned her gaze to the others. They were various shapes, but each were recognizable. One looked like a boat's mast, another looked like a futuristic but surrealistic tower, and one even looked like various creatures climbing a spiraling staircase.

She knew this dream. She's had a few of these before. This one involved memories of her life. The pillars representing memories she cared about or treasured, and she always started at the side of this particular pillar. She knew that it was weird for people to have similar dreams, like snowflakes, they weren't supposed to be the same. But she figured it wasn't that weird. After all, it was only the beginning that was the same, whatever happened next was anybody's guess. The only thing she found weird was the pillar. Why did she start at this one out of all the others?

She looked at it again, more specifically, the head that rested at the top.

And why did its head look like the Legendary Giratina?

It puzzled her to no end.

"A barren landscape. Why am I not surprised?" a voice suddenly said.

She tensed and instantly turned on her heel to see who was behind her. She expected to see a representation of her old hatred at her aunt and uncle, or anything involving her family. Instead, she saw a regal looking woman who looked somewhere inbetween amused and unsurprised. Valentina frowned. The woman was certainly not someone she's seen, or even imagined.

"Who're you? And what are you?" she asked, her distrust obvious in her voice.

"I'm Cresselia, and I don't think I need to answer that question directly, Giratina, since my name will suffice," she answered.

Valentina chuckled, this couldn't be right. "Cresselia? As in the Goddess of Dreams? There's no way that can--wait." She stopped. Did she hear what she called her right? "What did you just call me? Giratina?"

"Yes, Giratina, I did."

"Woah, woah, woah. I'm not some god. There's no way I could be some god that lost their memories from some freak accident and I just happen to be only in human form."

The woman made a face. "Well, actually..."

It was Valentina's turn to make one. "Don't tell me. It happened, didn't it?"

"You did lose your memories, yes, but not from an accident, and you are bound to human form."

Valentina pinched the bridge of her nose. This was unbelievable. In just one sentence, her species was effectively changed from just a person to a god, and the ruler of the Reverse World of all gods. As much as this was a shock to her, especially considering how Giratina is often depicted as (hint: not so nice), a part of her felt she should've saw this coming. That was why she had those powers. She put her hand back by her side, and gazed back at the pillar with the Giratina headed dragon, or rather, a dragon with her head. And that's why it was this one. This one represented all the missing memories of her past life.

She wasn't so sure how to react to that concept.

"My apologies, but I'm running out of time. I have others like you to speak to, so I'll be brief."

She glanced back to Cresselia.

"Like I said, Giratina, you have been born human and lost your memories. The reason why was because you stood up against Arceus and defended Darkrai, who was wrongly accused of creating Team Shadow. I need you to meet up with others who did the same on Newmoon Island, to help clear this up."

"And how will I get there?"

"There's a book in the library titled 'The Legend of Darkrai', when you touch it, you will be teleported. My brother will be heading there as well."

Her brother lives here, huh? Of course he does.

"I'll see you soon," she said and as soon as she did, she vanished.

--

Valentina gasped and sat up. She breathed deeply, a bunch of thoughts pilling themselves in her mind. The dream explained everything about her, especially her "superpowers" and somewhat rebellious nature, but only now did she realize a huge problem made from the revelation: Sunshine.

She didn't mind the thought of leaving. In fact, it would probably help the family, one less mouth to feed and one less person to worry about caring for. Then there was the fact that them knowing she was in fact a goddess might risk their lives. But Sunshine would want to come along, and would be, in fact, ecstatic that she was friends with and related to a goddess. But she couldn't let that be, she'd be in danger and Cresselia didn't say she could allow tagalongs. Valentina bit her lip.

What was she going to do?

A whisper reached her ear and she turned to her right to see a worried Ray. She smiled softly.

"Hey, Ray."

He grumbled, concerned for her.

She gazed to her family picture in thought. She could just ouright leave now, but they would search for her. Then there's the fact that Sunshine would be heartbroken. She looked to her clock. It was 5:45 in the morning; she was up early. She stared at it for a while, thinking over what to do. She needed to leave, but she didn't really have any good reason to heed the godesses' call. Her thoughts were then disturbed by the door creaking open.

A familiar face poked her head out, a giant smile on her face, as she whispered, "Happy birthday."

Before Valentina could say anything in response, the girl did a repeat of yesterday, except this time Valentina didn't fall onto the bed from the force.

"Sunshine, why're you up so early?" she asked, her volume low as well.

"I wanted to be the first to say it," she said. Sunshine kept staring at her with that smile, but it faded when she saw Valentina didn't respond. "Is something wrong, Sis?"

She groaned. How was she going to say it? That she just found out she's a goddess and now has to leave because she could possibly help a god?

"Sis..." Valentina looked back at her face.

Why was she so worried about this again? This was Sunshine. She'd understand.

Valentina sighed. "Hey, Sunshine. Remember those stories where the hero finds out they're special?"

"Uh-huh."

She moved Sunshine off her lap and had her beside her. She opened her palm and focused. In moments, a little blue flame floated in her hand again. Sunshine said, "Wow" and stared wide-eyed at it. Valentina smiled despite herself.

"I...just had a dream, and Cresselia told me I had these powers because...I'm Giratina."

Their eyes met when she said the last bit. The will-o-wisp also dissapated from her hand. It was like that for a minute, then Sunshine blinked.

"You mean you're a god?"

"Apparently."

"Then...why are you so sad?" she said with a concerned frown.

Valentina gave a sad smile. "Cresselia also said that I need to meet others on Newmoon Island. She already told me how to get there."

She waited, as Sunshine fell silent. She didn't say anything, she only gave a bit of a blank stare. She really didn't like this silence, but this was Sunshine, she could wait for her. Then she finally said something.

"You don't think mom and dad will let you go?" Valentina just nodded. Then she jumped when Sunshine suddenly stood up with a determined smile. "Then I'll go distract them. You get all your stuff and go."

She was dumbfounded. Did Sunshine just say that?

"What?" was all Valentina could muster.

"C'mon sis! Hurry! Mom and dad was getting ready for your birthday, so they're gonna check up on you!"

"They're awake?"

"Yeah. Getting ready for a surprise."

She frowned. Of all the days to be revealed to be a god, it had to be on the birthday her aunt and uncle decided to do something special for her. Now the sting in her heart felt even worse. They were finally warming up to her, and she just had to leave?

"Are...you sure?"

Sunshine looked at her like she said the dumbest thing in the world, but then it changed to a kind one.

"Sis, I know you view me like a very little sister, but I'm a teenager too. I can convince mom and dad too. I know you're worried for us, and I wanna go but..." She took a breath. "But from all those books, I kniw that if you're really a god, then you can help the world, right? Maybe...maybe you could, you know... Team Shadow..."

It was quiet for a moment, then she continued.

"So go. Besides, remember those heroes who 'refused the call' and something bad happened? What if that happens to us if you don't go?"

She couldn't believe it. She never saw Sunshine like this. But now that she said that, it was probably for the best. But...

Sunshine then walked up to her and handed Valentina her yellow bracelet.

"Can you at least bring this with you, though? So I can sort of come along?"

For the second time, before she could do anything, Sunshine took action and left the room. Valentina stared at the door, then at the bracelet. Sunshine's bracelet. Then she shook her head. Sunshine asked her to take up "the call", and she did wish for a chance to get rid of Tean Shadow, and this was her chance. Sunshine was fine with it, so she'll be fine with it too. She stood up and moved around the room, then she finally noticed Ray's confused expression.

"You heard her, let's go before they check on us."

She put on Sunshine's bracelet on her right wrist and then put her shades, then adjusted her vest. After a quick search, she put the four snackbars she kept in her school backpack into her left pocket. She knew it wouldn't be a meal, but it would help in emergencies. She scanned the room one more time. There wasn't anything else she could bring that would help. So she put Ray's Pokeball in her right pocket and walked to the window. She motioned for Ray to follow before jumping out, thankful her room was on the first floor. She softly closed the windows.

She turned to leave then she paused for a moment. She didn't get to say good bye. She thought about it for a moment, then she summoned another blue flame. After making a quick scribble on the side of her window, she at last made a beeline for the library, mindful of the volume of her steps. Ray kept pace with her. If you looked carefully, she had a gigantic smile on her face, for on the side of the window, the words she wrote, though a little bit hard to read, said,

"For my Sunshine, I will fight
    Your sis
    Giratina"

17. REAL DADS

REAL DADS Shampoo Thief

Eli Carter
    Entei
    Shadow Weekly HQ

Even the night before his birthday, Eli was slaving away with research for his article on the Solaceon ruins. People had studied them for centuries, and yet there was so little known about them. Exhausting Google of its resources and scouring online research databases, Eli was looking for any information he could find. His growlithe, Rory, was curled up by his feet, fast asleep. He wanted nothing more than to fall asleep too, but he had work to do. He worked well into the night but ended up passing out on his desk, his forehead typing “hyvbdbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb” into the search bar.

~~~

He found himself in the ruins he was researching, a torch illuminating the dark chamber. The strange markings on the walls seemed to have eyes that were following him. As he was studying them, he noticed a woman in the room with him. Although, she seemed to be more than a woman. She was about the same height as Eli, and yet somehow seemed to tower over him. Her clothes suggested regality, and her eyes shone like the moon. She moved closer to him.

“Hello, Eli,” she said in a soft-spoken but direct voice. “I am here to remind you who of you really are. I am Cresselia, goddess of dreams.”

Eli listened intently without saying a word. Everything was so vivid. Despite her basically saying she was talking to him in his dreams, he still felt like this was actually happening.

“And you,” she continued, “are Entei. Guardian of volcanoes, and one of the three Legendary Beasts. You were exiled to Earth, but now I am here to help you fix what has been broken.”

Eli was having trouble making sense of what was happening. It didn’t seem logical. How could he be Entei? He trusted this woman though. He couldn’t say why. But what does it mean that he was a god?

“Things will start to make more sense,” she reassured him. She then motioned to the torch flickering on the wall. “Go ahead, try it.”

Eli looked to the torch. He held out his hand. It was like it was an instinct that he had forgotten about until now. The flames began to shiver, and then a ball of fire separated itself from the flames and danced into Eli’s open palm. He was able to toy with it, manipulate it with his mind. The flames expanded and contracted as if they were breathing with him. It slithered through his fingers and Eli felt no pain, just a comforting warmth. Everything about who he was began flooding back to him.

“You see?” Cresselia said to him. “You were born from the ashes and the flames. This is your true calling. Now, this is what you need to do.”

Cresselia explained to Eli that he was going to have to travel to Halfmoon Island. Here, more about his circumstances would be revealed. She had arranged a means to teleport to the island, and expected him to be there in the morning. He must return to this room in the ruins, and touch the torch on the wall.

Eli agreed to meet her, and the dream slowly started to faded out.

Just before the dream dissolved, Cresselia looked to him and said with a smile, “Oh, and Eli. Happy birthday.”

~~~

Eli jolted awake at his desk. He checked his watch: 5:14 AM. It was his birthday. He looked around the office and saw he was alone still, except for his slumbering growlithe. He began recollecting the dream he just had. Could it be true? Was he Entei? He would have laughed at himself for even entertaining the thought. Logically this was just a dream. And yet, it all felt right. Almost as if he always knew, but just needed a nudge to realize it.

He held his hand out in front of him. He was glad no one was there to witness this, because if nothing happened he would look bloody ridiculous. Concentrating, he attempted to create a flame in his hands. Suddenly, a big burst of fire erupted from his palm, causing a large plume. He screamed and clenched his fist, cutting the fire off. As quickly as it had happened, it was gone. Breathing heavily and frozen in shock, he just sat there for a minute to take in what happened. Then, he knew what he had to do.

He grabbed his bag and packed up all his supplies in the office. He would have to tell his family he was leaving, but with it being his birthday they would not take that well. He could easily tell them that the Shadow Weekly was sending him on assignment and he would have to leave the city for a while; he has had to do this before. He decided it would be better just to give them a call. It was early, so they had probably already headed out to the fields to start the farm work. If he was lucky, he would just get the answering machine. He hoped they hadn’t planned anything too special for him.

~~~

With his growlithe in tow, Eli made his way to the ruins. Normally, Team Shadow kept visors out of them, but he had been given a pass that allowed him entry. No one ever bothered him. He had been inside the room he dreamed about on a few occasions (the writing on the wall in this room was the most interesting to him) so he knew the way. He confidently made his way through the maze. He couldn’t shake the feeling he was being watched, but by who (or what) he had no idea.

He turned a corner and found himself in the chamber from last night. Sure enough, there was a torch burning on the wall. The flickering light made shadows dance across the ancient walls.

This was it, he thought to himself. He scooped Rory into his arms and approached the torch. Nothing is going to happen, nothing is going to happen. He grabbed the torch and vanished.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
  18. Schade

Schade Iron Defensive

Eirik Olavson
    Regice

Snowpoint City

Eirik and Snoppe wasn't far into their meal before they were interrupted. At first, it wasn't to bad. A lone trainer and his Pokemon appeared by the lakeside. The guy was wearing a tank-top, and had icy blue hair. He was accompanied by a Sneasel, who quickly took interest in Snoppe, who was munching on a Maki she was holding in her little hands. The Sneasel jumped Snoppe and gave her a hug, shouting out happily as it did so, starteling both Eirik and Snoppe, and the Sneasels own trainer, who looked somewhat awkward over by the water. He looked familiar. Maybe he was the one from the temple earlier? kinda felt like it was, somehow. If not, he had probably seen him in school or something. Icy Blue hair isn't something that goes unnoticed, especially in a small town like Snowpoint. Snoppe was playing along with the Sneasel, but eirik decided to dake it slow, and finish his meal. He rapidly ate the last of his sushi before he stood up, looking over to the tank-top guy. He did look somewhat wakward indeed, and if he was going to say anything, Eirik elt like he would have to be patient with him. If this was the guy Cresselia had told him about, then the dream just made more and more sense, considering everything.

Walking over to the guy, Eirik noticed how a small section of the lake had frozen over. The guy looked somewhat astonished, probably from the very unpredictable move his sneasel did earlier.
    "You did that?" Eirik asked in a serious tone, nodding toward the frozen part of the lake. sure, Lake Acuity was supposed to be a pretty chill place, but not so cold it froze the lake over. Not waiting for a response, he continued. "See that Island over there?" he nodded towards the small island in the center of the lake. "We are going to get there."

He didn't really care if the other guy wa this Kyurem or not. If he was, he would surely follow, and Eirik felt confident after seeing the Ice-Trick he pulled off earlier. Cresselia had told him he was Regice. The thing had Ice in its name! Surely, he was able to do the same, right? He felt his confidence crack a bit, but knelt beside the water as he had seen the other guy do before.

"Now, how to do this... think cold thoughts?" he was talking to himself now. Snoppe came over to him and used her Icy Wind move to freeze a smal section of the water, and then instruct him to do the same. "Ja, jeg vet, men dette er ikke så lett som du skal ha det til." Eirik said to her. Snoppe also understood Norwegian, and he often talked to her in such when he was concentrating on something. Eirik took a deep breath, and tried focusing on Ice and stuff. Not easy when you don't know what to look for, especially when you're not sure if it is even there. He opened his eyes again and held his hand over the waters surface. He noticed the water slowly freeze over under his hand, and quickly took his hand back in shock. "Okay, that did not just hapen!" he said. Snoppe was dancing around happily.

regaining focus, he tried to maintain the feeling he had before, and dipped his finger into the water. solid Ice started to take form around it as it entered the water. "Huh.. Guess it wasn't so difficult after all..." he said into the air. He stood up and turned to the other guy, who had been very quiet during this whole time. (If he spoke, Eirik didn't pay attention.) "Well, looks like I found our ticket to the Island. Whatever mojo you were working before: Continue doing that.". He then took another deep breath to prepare for the upcoming.

He picked up Snoppe and held her in his arms. "Yolo!" He said out loud before taking a step back and into the water, which immediately froze under his feet, preventing him from going under. the plan was simple: Just walk over to the center of the lake!

19. TheCharredDragon

Valentina Araw
    Giratina
    To the Library -> Library

When she was a good distance away, Valentina couldn't help herself from slowing down, not only to catch her breath, but also to actually mull over what she has done, and what she was doing. She just ran away from home, from everything she cared about, most especially Sunshine, all because she had a dream where a regal lady who is Cresselia told her to meet her--and others--on some island. There was still a part of her that was in denial of this. After all, she was just a random person, and for all she knew, that dream could've been caused by stress or her imagination. But she knew it was true. Why else she had red eyes? And then there was the fact that she had "superpowers". That also might explain why there was this one time when she was so engrossed in a book, she forgot to eat her lunch, but she didn't feel hungry even by dinner time.

The sound of a huff made her glance to Ray, who floated right by her shoulder, and had an irritated expression, but if you looked carefully, there was some concern in his eyes. She blinked before she shook her head. Seems like Ray noticed she was a bit down, even if he was apparently ticked off at the suddenness of everything. She gave him her signature smile and gave a quick pat.

"I'm fine, Ray. Sorry for wakin' you up so suddenly." Her answer was another huff, to which she laughed at. She put her hands in her pockets as she added, "Thanks for that though. Snapped me from my melodrama."

The Gastly's smile turned amused at that comment, which infected Valentina's own. The two chuckled and continued on their way to the library.

Valentina really meant what she said, though. She already decided to do this, and here she was being mopey about it. It probably wasn't real melodrama, but she thought it so. This was what she chose to do. This wasn't the time to back out. And this is what Sunshine wants too. Sunshine wanted her to do this adventure. She wanted her to take this chance of getting rid if Team Shadow, and maybe actually bring back genuine sunlight. That wish--Sunshine's wish--would be enough for her. Besides, she also liked the thought that she was in fact a god just trapped in a human body. That meant that when she figured out how to change back, she would have an even bigger chance of defeating Team Shadow.

--

It was only a few minute worth of walking when they finally reached the library. She had to make up an explanation to the librarian on why she was here so early. She said it was because she needed to do some research for a project. Despite the odd timing, the librarian let her in, and even wished her happy birthday with an honest smile. Valentina thanked the librarian with her own warm smile before she headed up mythology floor. She was really grateful for the greeting, considering what she was going to do. It didn't take too long to find the Sinnoh mythology section either. However, it took her a bit to find the book Cresselia said to find.

What was it again? The Legend of Darkrai?

She scanned the shelves again. She couldn't counldn't find any with that title.

"Ray, can you see any books with Darkrai in its title? I can't find it..."

As soon as she said that, the Gastly made a sound reminiscent of someone breathing out. She looked to the ghost and found him looking up. She followed his gaze and saw what he was found. The Legend of Darkrai. Apparently, it was on the top shelves. She reached out to touch it but then paused. In the corner of her eye, she saw another book. She got took it and held it. It was a rathen small book; a pocket book. Most would overlook the thing with its plain cover and font used for its title. But she never overlooked this one. It was the first book she and Sunshine read from the library. Its title, though contrived, told its contents: "Alternative Interpretations of Sinnoh Myths". She and her sisters really liked it because they portrayed none of the legendaries as truly evil. They had reasons, even if those reasons weren't the best. In hindsight, she knew why she loved it so much. It didn't show Giratina--herself--as evil. She stared at it for a while, then at the book that was supposed to take her to Newmoon Island.

She didn't know if she was ever coming back, or ever going to see Sunshine and her family again. This might be the last time. If that was so, there was no harm in bringing one book that held precious memories for her. Sure, she had Sunshine's bracelet, but that was Sunshine's, not hers. This would be her keepsake, of this place, and her family. Besides, not a lot of people liked this book because of some of its radically different depictions of some of the Legendary Pokémon, so it was rarely read. It wouldn't affect the library badly if they found it had disapeared.

She put the book in the the pocket inside her vest, making sure it wouldn't slip and that it was secure. Next, she took out Ray's Pokeball and returned him inside. Then she placed it back in her right pocket. When that was done, she once again reached out to the book at the top shelf, but this time, she touched it. The moment she did, there was a quick flash, and then she was no longer there.

20. HM02gon

HM02gon Waiting...

Gwen Jericha
    Jirachi
    Jericha Estate

What is an item connecting her to her true identity? She wondered that as she changed out of her pajamas and into her regular clothes- which would be considered formal, fancy clothes for any other person. She had to get out of the house before her parents woke her up to go work on shooting her film. They would just have to find a new actress, despite the part being written specifically for her. And she had to avoid attracting any attention, from both stalking fans and Shadow Guards, who would just bring her home. She had to go without being noticed at all. On her way out the door, she grabbed one of her father's many floor-length trench coats and hats. She figured that may not keep attention away from her, but at least nobody would recognize her. Frankly, she was less afraid of the shadow guards than she was of her fans. She knew all the the guards' patrol routes and all the best places to hide in the city.

It was pitch black when she left the house. But it didn't matter. The street lights provided just enough light to get her where she needed to go- the Trainer's School. It was the only place that fit the riddle Cresselia gave her. The young trainers learn to become master trainers by masters passing on their knowledge, and legacies left behind by master trainers go down in history. She had learned all about the greatest trainers of all time from her tutor, and knew that many of them started out as mere students at a local Trainer's School.

While walking towards the school, she saw something moving in the corner of her eye. The figure traveled quickly across the rooftops of buildings before landing on the ground just a few feet away from her. She hid her face as she walked by, knowing that it was likely a scientist working for Team Shadow. That building was the labs that Team Shadow used for many of their creations. She had been in there a few times, on tours with her parents watching the Shadow Scientists test their newest technology on captured rebels. She hated watching innocent lives getting taken away by the merciless machines, but she had no power to do anything. She still lived in fear, knowing that with any sign of resistance towards The cause, she could end up in the same position as those rebels- as a test dummy. The strange person pushed at the door, the muttered something about a key card. The stranger looked around, then sprinted the other way and disappeared behind the building. She kept walking, relieved that it wasn't anyone in Team Shadow. She saw that there were a few other non-Shadow members out, so she wouldn't be the only one wandering the streets at this unholy hour.

About 20 minutes of walking later, she arrived at the Trainer's School. She knew that all the doors and windows would be locked, due to the first classes not beginning until at least 8. She walked to the back of the school, making sure that no one was in sight, and reached out her hands. She focused her mind, and in a few moments, a pink light engulfed the door and it began to open. She walked in and immediately took off her jacket and hat. Now to find some sort of relic... she figured that it would be something Jirachi-realted, but she saw nothing of the likes laying about in the classroom. There were many books on Sinnoh legends and folklore lining the bookshelves, as well as handbooks on EV training and type matchups. One wall was covered in haphazard scribbles of what looked like some fire-type Pokemon. I guess I'll have to make a bit of a mess here... she thought as she pulled open a cabinet, to find nothing but art supplies and piles of paper. Another cabinet had a plethora of stuffed Pokemon dolls, but mostly small, cute unevolved ones. As she explored classroom, something caught her attention. There was a door, but it seemed hidden by the wallpaper. She could make out faint words written above the door handle- AUTHORIZED PERSONEL ONLY- this had to have something in it. She opened the door.

Gwen walked down a long staircase, with the only light being a small glowing energy orb she had created in her hands. It was entirely silent, except the sound of her footsteps on the creaking stairs. She finally found the floor, and held out her light. The room seemed to be filled with small wooden carved statues of Pokemon. Many of them were encrusted with gemstones or precious metals. They looked very lifelike. On one of the walls she found a sign. “A..--'S WORKSH_P- FINE HANDC.aFTED POKEM0N DOL-S SINCE 18,-” The sign was very old, but she knew that this must've been something that Team Shadow shut down. Suddenly, she heard footsteps, then a loud gasp. She knew she had left the classroom a complete mess, and she only had a matter of time before whoever was here would call Team Shadow and she would be caught. She quickly searched among the figurines until she found what she was looking for- a Jirachi Figurine. This has to work or I'm done for, she thought to herself, as the touched the top of the small carving. Then everything turned white, and the young girl disappeared.