• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hook, Line & Stinker! (170)

Good episode, but I had a few problems with it. The first is with Team Rocket. Now usually Team Rocket is doing something wrong, or up to no good, and deserve to be blasted off into space, but until they stole the chocolate they weren't doing anything wrong. I never understood why they never tell Ash and Co. that they have every right to be there when they do. A second issue I have with this episode, is when Misty is telling her Pollywhirl to fight, even when it is obviously scared, for justifiable reasons. It had already gotten beat up by Pollywrath before. Great moral guys, if some bigger and stronger kid wants to fight and you know you can't win, fight him anyway. I know Misty and Pollywhirl won, but that was still a lousy moral.

NPT

Just a member
I didn't like this episode's COTD Andreas at all, he was a jerk! Just because his Poliwarth is stronger than Misty's Poliwhirl, dosen't mean he could insult it like that. Usually I don't like whenever Misty shows her temper for the silliest reasons, but in this episode Misty's temper is totally justified. I'm glad Misty defeted Andreas' Poliwarth with her Poliwhirl and won the Seaking Catching Day competition.

Even though I liked Misty beating Andreas in the Seaking Catching Day Competition, I didn't like when she shared the chocolates with everyone she knows, expect Ash. Jeez, what's with her?

Oh well, cookies are sweeter than chocolates anyway.

Last edited:
A years supply of chocolate: best prize ever!

p96822

Evolve me please
So I agree with Andreas a bit because the writer don't show Misty other Pokemon strength. If you count out both season so far. Five battle with team Rocket as a Poliwag and two as a Poliwhirl. The only trainer battle it had against was Ash and it lost big time even after evolving. So I wouldn't call Misty's Poliwhirl strong at this point. But it did beat Poliwarth so it not to bad. A lot of the Seakings were wimp in this episode.

I felt out of the battle after goldeen and Staryu give Poliwhirl the courage it need to beat Poliwrath. It felt way to one sided for me to enjoy the battle.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Excellent episode focusing on Misty. Andreas is so rude, I haven't seen that level of rude since Gary back in Season one. Nice to see the return of her temper & Misty lure version 4. I was very elated when Andreas apologized to Misty & that she won the Seaking competition.

Andreas gave me Gary vibes as well, yet it was neat since Misty got to show us her angry and competitive side again. Just seeing her act so passionate and totally in her element was a good thing in my opinion.

p96822

Evolve me please
Really this guy could have been Misty's rival, but since this is Johto we will never have these charcters that were introduce used properly.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Saw this episode for the 1st time today and it was so good I loved how Seaking finally had a big role and seeing Misty succeed at fishing and win the fishing tournament was amazing. Andreas was a jerk tho. ^^

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
A rival for what? She didn't even have a goal that required a rival.

While that's true, I liked seeing Misty's competitive side here and I wouldn't have minded if Andreas had shown up in the future for more fishing competitions cuz he seemed to share an interest in water types like Misty. ^^

pokemon fan 132

A rival for what? She didn't even have a goal that required a rival.

That's not necessarily true. In big place like pokemon world you would think there would exist other people who specialize in water pokemon just like Misty wishing to achieve mastery with them. And we saw quite a few of water trainers such as water trainer Marina, Andreas, Trinity and Harrison Misty fought against. Sharing that enthusiasm and devotion for water species.

Needless to say it was showed through Whirl Cup and whole title "Alpha Omega of Water Pokémon!"how there exists tournaments and tests Misty has to enter and win in order to come closer toward her dream. Being like stepping stone in accomplishing title of becoming water master.

Concept which wasn't explored enough, but there were set foundations through this tournament, Seaking contest, water race etc.

So when counting all those gym leaders and E4 members specializing in one pokemon type like Misty, even champions like Wallace. All those water trainers Misty met, it would be rather logical to assume how there exists other people who just like Misty wish to become type masters(we already learned about one;Iris)or strive toward reaching E4 level of strength and recognition(something Misty again wish to reach as well favoring Lorelei).

I have to say giving Misty rivals like Andreas would have done lot of good for her journey . For once her dream would be explored more, there would be provided some opposition and tension through arrogant and disrespectful trainers like Andreas was. Challenging Misty beliefs and temperament nature. As well make her reconsider why she trains only water pokemon and where she does really stand in world full of other water trainers driving her forward. Through battling each other, building on interactions, entering tournaments similar to Whirl Cup etc.

Andreas was definitely perfect material for rival, although Marina from Orange Islands who had lot of enthusiasm and interest for type Misty adores as well.

Last edited:

Gillachu

Banned
While that's true, I liked seeing Misty's competitive side here and I wouldn't have minded if Andreas had shown up in the future for more fishing competitions cuz he seemed to share an interest in water types like Misty. ^^

But that dude seemed more like a fishing fanatic than anything, which wasn't Misty's hobby...

UmbrionKnight

Yeah. Misty's Poliwhirl is cool.

We got to see Misty's Poliwhirl do stuff here which is rare + I liked how we got to watch Misty succeed at fishing when she won the fishing contest.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Azumaou fishing contest wasn't exactly the best anime-exclusive event that we've had, but it allowed Kasumi to be focused on, which was a positive. I found Tokio's superiority complex to be as exhausting as Shigeru's, so I was glad when Kasumi's Nyorozo beat his Nyorobon. It was nice of Kasumi to split her prize, too.

ZilverLox

Banned
Andreas annoyed me on how rude he was. Even if he was the returning Seaking Catching Champion. I felt bad for Meowth having to be used as live bait, and then getting all tangled up in the fishing line. I really enjoyed the Poliwhirl vs Poliwrath.

Vipsoccermaster

Good episode, having Ash and friends compete in a Seaking Contest. Andreas was definitely a rude trainer who showed no respect towards Misty and her Pokémon, although he did completely change his attitude when he lost to Misty in the battle at the end of the competition. Team Rocket were kind of funny here, trying to hide the fact from Ash and friends that they were Team Rocket competing as well. Good to see Poliwhirl getting encouragement at the end to take down Poliwrath.