• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hooked on Onix (414)

it would be nice if the onuix evolved in the episode an ash caught.steelix in ash's team would be great he's never had a steel poke but onix evolving not very possible .

Team Rocket Admin

upsy-daisy said:
it would be nice if the onuix evolved in the episode an ash caught.steelix in ash's team would be great he's never had a steel poke but onix evolving not very possible .
Onix can't evolve without trading one wearing a Metal Coat, of course its probably different in the anime.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Team Rocket Admin said:
At that time Silverwind didn't exist. BTW did Brock or anyone mention Brock's Onix?
No **** Sherlock. But I doubt they plan to bring 'Free back, so that's why I said 'doomed to never experience it'. 'K?

Well, it could happen: the last time we had an item-induced evolution, the two trainers did trade(the Gorebyss/Huntail eppie). But Misty's Poliwhirl just evolved with the King's Rock; same thing with Arthur the Slowpoke back in Johto. So it could happen, but I doubt it since there doesn't seem to be any trainers of the day in this episode.:(

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Well, it could happen: the last time we had an item-induced evolution, the two trainers did trade(the Gorebyss/Huntail eppie). But Misty's Poliwhirl just evolved with the King's Rock; same thing with Arthur the Slowpoke back in Johto. So it could happen, but I doubt it since there doesn't seem to be any trainers of the day in this episode.
It doesnt have to happen only with CoTD's it happened with James Weepibell that evolved without a leaf stone. Hopes for summary of next episode preview soon since this one doesn't seem that interesting unless there is any reason for Phanpy to learn the move like to save somebody or something.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Geodude said:
I don't think anyone has the ep yet. There's been a bit of a delay. It'll come soon enough.

A Delay is there?........na, I was going to say I could tell what basically happend, I get to see it tommorow. But of course, you guys will more than likely get a summary, faster than when i actually see the episode. No harm in trying to help though. But from the looks of it........its a normal filler.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Absolkid said:
One thing though: What was the bearded Ash all about?

"LoL" I just think that is the stupidest thing the Japanese writers can put in. I live in Japan and see the stupid drawings they make(the people, not the actual writers:)) like that, on the sides of resturants, billboards, tv etc.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Seen Pics, basic summary:

Phanphy, Corphish, Pikachu, Squirtle, and Munchlax get seperated after a fight.

TR trick Onix, Geodude and family to capture the twerps somehow.

Everyone get's captured.

Ash battles Onix with Grovyle. Grovyle wins.

TR attack with Mecha. Onix and rock Pokemon help out.

TR uses a giant Chimecho balloon!

Blast off.

Ash and friends ride off on Onix as episode ends (I don't think we'll see this Onix again)

Pretty cool episode by pictures. A nice fun filler, which we havn't had in a while.

B

Blaziken master

This is the first time they used something tha looks like chimecho

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Chaos of Doom said:
Hold On A Sec!!! Ash Catches An Onix??!!!
....No. He doesn't.

So, how exactly did Phanpy and Hidden Power work out then? I'm assuming that the move was just used for some irrelivent like sending Team Rocket off, as opposed to helping take down an Onix seeing as Grovyle appears to have done most of the work.

G

Geki

Yeah, I think the episode is having a bit of a delay, it's not up for download yet. I can pretty much guess what happens anyway, every filler is the same. Does anyone know what new attack Phanpy learned possibly? I know the episode didn't go up for download yet, but some people might know.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Cybercubed said:
Whatever gave you that idea? :p

Lets get it through our heads that Ash will not catch an onix. What is the need, unless the writers are desperate for Ash to have a rock type that has been seen countless times in the past.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Phanphy basically seems to be using Hidden Power to chase off a Beedrill, but I;m not sure.

Squirtle uses a attack against Corphish, I think Water Gun.

Munchlax I think, might of used Metronome on Squirtle accidently or something. Pictures weren't clear.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Kojiro said:
Phanphy basically seems to be using Hidden Power to chase off a Beedrill, but I;m not sure.

Hmmmm...It does....doesn't it? I forone think it is Hidden Power, good eye Kojiro.

V Faction

www.faction.com
kukkyou_ooraka said:
Hmmmm...It does....doesn't it? I forone think it is Hidden Power, good eye Kojiro.
We know it's Hidden Power already. Kojiro just isn't sure on why it's being used.

And could you try to Quote properly, please? You need an end tag, like this [ / Quote], but without spaces.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Okay, seen the episode.

-They played Harley's GAAAAAAAAAY music from the Grand Festival. A shame, I was hoping it would be his music. :|

-Mudkip, for starters. People, the moment we've all been waiting for. Mudkip gets some screentime. Some decent screentime. AND ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING. He gets to fire off an attack, (Water Gun.) walk around for pretty much the whole episode, and is the key to helping Ash find Onix who has captured the rest of thr twerps.

-Heh, Corphish goes BESERK at Gonbe because it eats all the group's Pokemon food. Actually fires a Bubblebeam against it, heh. It misses, sadly, and hits May's Squirtle, who proceeds to fire a Bubble attack back.

-However, Goedude, (Who has a new, less deeper voice.) does NOT miss, and hits Gonbe with Rollout sending it flying. Geodude then becomes the new hero of Pokemon.

-They missed a chance to have May in a bikini again. :/ The twerps found a stream at the start, which they could have had May take a dip in or something. ._. We sadly miss out of it and have to endure the crazy Pokemon antics.

-Bearded Ash... was a result of Team Rocket giving Onix some garb about Ash being evil or something, heh. XD Onix imagined Ash with a beard, laughing and generally being evil.

-Geodude attack and the group becomes seperated. Well, actually... it's just a selection of the groups Pokemon which go missing. Forry, of course, not being one of them. (Pikachu, Squirtle, Corphish, Gonbe and Phanpy.)

-Which, may I add, takes up a LOT of the episode. It's another of the 'goofy' episodes, with lots of 'crazy' goings on, apart from the fact they ain't funny.

-THAT bouncy peice of crappy music from the Donphan episode plays over and over again, annoyingly. You know the one. -_- I know Gravy does, at least.

-Squirtle does a Bulbasaur and runs around a flower field smelling flowers. We then see Beedrill AGAIN. And yes, Phanpy uses the attack to fend them off.

-Some crap happens, and they meet up with the rest of the groups Pokemon,
including Gonbe which is eating all the apples in a tree.

-James... heh, his scene alone in this episode is great. He really evils it up, to the point where I was actually giggling. He knows he has an audience to entertain, and does his job. XD Talking dramtically, almost to the camera... great stuff.

-Had some interesting peices of other music though. I swear, they were playing something out of Neon Genesis Evangelion at one point, later on when Ash was talking with Onix. It sounded a lot like Rei III at least. And the music that played when Team Rocket were planning... heh. I swear, I expected the Turk theme from FF7 to start playing. Definalty new.

-The Team Rocket motto was basically the same as the one from the Scott episode. I don't mean the words. I mean the whole motto. Firey background and all. The EXACT same... yup, reused footage.

CHIMECHO BALLON. A Chimecho balloon comes out of the Team Rocket mecha . ^__^

Team Rocket screm 'Pi Pikachu!' as they blast off.

-Happy ending with Ash and co. riding on Onix.

Last edited: