• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hooked on Onix (414)

V Faction

www.faction.com
Alfonso said:
-Mudkip, for starters. People, the moment we've all been waiting for. Mudkip gets some screentime. Some decent screentime. AND ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING. He gets to fire off an attack, (Water Gun.) walk around for pretty much the whole episode, and is the key to helping Ash find Onix who has captured the rest of thr twerps.
Oh Yippie. Idiots. If they want to make it look like Mudkip is being productive, the least they could do is hand over a new attack.

-Heh, Corphish goes BESERK at Gonbe because it eats all the group's Pokemon food. Actually fires a Bubblebeam against it, heh. It misses, sadly, and hits May's Squirtle, who proceeds to fire a Bubble attack back.
I'll have to add that to the Catalog. And this Bubble didn't hit Corphish, or at least didn't injure him, right? After the lame Swampert victory, I'm making sure that Corphish isn't fainted do to a much more pathetic attack/Pokemon without retaliation.

W

Waveblaster

Alfonso said:
Okay, seen the episode.

-They played Harley's GAAAAAAAAAY music from the Grand Festival. A shame, I was hoping it would be his music. :|

-Mudkip, for starters. People, the moment we've all been waiting for. Mudkip gets some screentime. Some decent screentime. AND ACTUALLY DOES SOMETHING. He gets to fire off an attack, (Water Gun.) walk around for pretty much the whole episode, and is the key to helping Ash find Onix who has captured the rest of thr twerps.

-Heh, Corphish goes BESERK at Gonbe because it eats all the group's Pokemon food. Actually fires a Bubblebeam against it, heh. It misses, sadly, and hits May's Squirtle, who proceeds to fire a Bubble attack back.

-However, Goedude, (Who has a new, less deeper voice.) does NOT miss, and hits Gonbe with Rollout sending it flying. Geodude then becomes the new hero of Pokemon.

-They missed a chance to have May in a bikini again. :/ The twerps found a stream at the start, which they could have had May take a dip in or something. ._. We sadly miss out of it and have to endure the crazy Pokemon antics.

-Bearded Ash... was a result of Team Rocket giving Onix some garb about Ash being evil or something, heh. XD Onix imagined Ash with a beard, laughing and generally being evil.

-Geodude attack and the group becomes seperated. Well, actually... it's just a selection of the groups Pokemon which go missing. Forry, of course, not being one of them. (Pikachu, Squirtle, Corphish, Gonbe and Phanpy.)

-Which, may I add, takes up a LOT of the episode. It's another of the 'goofy' episodes, with lots of 'crazy' goings on, apart from the fact they ain't funny.

-THAT bouncy peice of crappy music from the Donphan episode plays over and over again, annoyingly. You know the one. -_- I know Gravy does, at least.

-Squirtle does a Bulbasaur and runs around a flower field smelling flowers. We then see Beedrill AGAIN. And yes, Phanpy uses the attack to fend them off.

-Some crap happens, and they meet up with the rest of the groups Pokemon,
including Gonbe which is eating all the apples in a tree.

-James... heh, his scene alone in this episode is great. He really evils it up, to the point where I was actually giggling. He knows he has an audience to entertain, and does his job. XD Talking dramtically, almost to the camera... great stuff.

-Had some interesting peices of other music though. I swear, they were playing something out of Neon Genesis Evangelion at one point, later on when Ash was talking with Onix. It sounded a lot like Rei III at least. And the music that played when Team Rocket were planning... heh. I swear, I expected the Turk theme from FF7 to start playing. Definalty new.

-The Team Rocket motto was basically the same as the one from the Scott episode. I don't mean the words. I mean the whole motto. Firey background and all. The EXACT same... yup, reused footage.

CHIMECHO BALLON. A Chimecho balloon comes out of the Team Rocket mecha . ^__^

Team Rocket screm 'Pi Pikachu!' as they blast off.

-Happy ending with Ash and co. riding on Onix.
So overall a pretty good episode right?

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Thanks Alfonso-San!
I take back that this was johto quality. We see Mudkip. Squirtle does something. James does something evil. More TR screentime. Chimecho balloon. Phanpy does something.
Two questions why did Grovyle fight Onix. I'm guessing to defend the crew but, I would like some results. Also why did they go riding off with Onx. I suspect a quick ride through the area. Was that it? I'm just guessing or is he staying around for something?

Alfonso

Derpgull
V Faction said:
Oh Yippie. Idiots. If they want to make it look like Mudkip is being productive, the least they could do is hand over a new attack.

I'll have to add that to the Catalog. And this Bubble didn't hit Corphish, or at least didn't injure him, right? After the lame Swampert victory, I'm making sure that Corphish isn't fainted do to a much more pathetic attack/Pokemon without retaliation.

It hit, but Corphish blocked it with his claws. Also used Harden while doing so, I believe.

Squirtle used the attack twice, just to add.

The episode was pretty lame, to be honest. Some good, funny moments, but the lame plonky music really let it down. It can be best summed up as... a Pokemon episode. Only around 25% Human.

...Oh, and no flashbacks for Brock, either. I don't even think he commented on the fact he used to have a Geodude and Onix.

-Onix challenged Ash to a battle, I believe. Ash used Grovyle, and proceeded to command a lame a*s Quick Attack. (Well, pretty sure it was that.) It slammed straight into Onix, doing no damage whatsoever, and was smashed back into a wall by Onix's Iron Tail. (Which, may I add, was the only Attack Onix appeared to pulled off. Apart from a Wrap/Bind, which failed.)

Last edited:

JazzJazz

ghost master said:
Two questions why did Grovyle fight Onix. I'm guessing to defend the crew but, I would like some results.

Could have just been for the challenge of fighting a big pokemon like onix, but we'll wait for the official word...

Alfonso

Derpgull
Waveblaster said:
Did it win with Leaf Blade?

Used Bullet Seed twice, the won with Leaf Blade. It later used Leaf Blade to protect Onix from huge boulder that Team Rocket's mecha threw at it.

>_>

Ash then asked if Onix was okay. Then they all became friends.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Uggh...They went seriously overboard with that awful music. I despise that garbage with all my shrivelled little heart.

Heh. This has to be the very first time I've laughed at a scene featuring Munchlax. Whats that you say? Do I find Munchlax funny now? No, though I think you need to seek psychiatric help for even thinking such a thing in the first place.
Its the fact that everyone hated him. And my GOD Corphish was awesome here. Like Alfonso said earlier , the little guy goes berserk at Mr.Marketting-Gimmick. If only his painful looking volley of energy-charged spherical projectiles had actually managed to hit its intended target. Though, I actually felt rather sorry for Squirtle when the Bubblebeam made some (rather brutal looking) contact with it ;_;

Speaking of Squirtle. It looks like they're going to go with a mood-swinging pokémon rather than a solid crybaby. Going from a tearful lil' whiner to a badass brute in no time flat? It was certainly interesting to say the least. I have to admit, after watching this episode, I've really grown quite fond of Haruka's Squirtle. Its sickly sweet and oh-so adorable, but its shown its bad-*** streak and I'm liking its duel personallities.

And MAN! That Geodude seriously PWNED Munchlax! A friggin ' direct-hit Rollout right into its freakin' little head! And god damn, did you hear that thing's yelp of pain?! It doesn't get much better than THAT! *clenches fist*
Though the whole scene in which all the pokémon were fleeing in terror like total loons and Corphish getting KO'd by running straight into a rampaging Geodude was the icing on the cake. It was all great fun while it lasted~

Phanpy debuting its Hidden Power attack against a Beedrill was a bit of a cop-out in my opinion. Its amazing how these people always have to use a Beedrill swarm for chase scenes and general pummling isn't it? Dissapointing to say the least~

Munchlax falling on the floor jaw first? Classic. You know what the highlights of this episode were for me now, surely?

The Grovlye vs. Onix battle, despite being somewhat short was, surprise surprise, really quite cool. Grovyle, do you ever cease to impress?

...I have to admit, this episode really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was by no means the best episode I've seen in a while, and was pretty standard fare. But it was honestly a lot more enjoyable than last weeks rubbish. Nicely animated, a pinch of humour, and a battle scene to boot. Hopefully next week's episode will follow suit and actually be surprisingly good, preview judgement aside.

Note to the writers: Make an episode which involves Munchlax constantly getting pwned.

W

Waveblaster

Alfonso said:
Used Bullet Seed twice, the won with Leaf Blade. It later used Leaf Blade to protect Onix from huge boulder that Team Rocket's mecha threw at it.

>_>

Ash then asked if Onix was okay. Then they all became friends.
Figures that would happen. I guessed that would happen before this episode aired.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Lol. Pretty funny episode in my opinion. As most of the things I liked have already been said, I'll just pick a few things~

Ash slithering down that mountain or whatsoever looked quite comical. The first few minutes of the episode he was acting funny anyway.

Munchlax' "blast-off" was hilarious. Would have been even better if it had been TR-style. But it was great nonetheless.

That strange flower on the field creeped me out. I mean, it was HUGE. Well, whatever.
I liked the Beedril scene though. Especially when Pikachu and Corphish saw the other Pokémon, waved happily and Squirtle and Phanpy just ran past them. For some reason I love this kind of stuff.

And...wow, falling into that river must've killed Phanpy. It was acting quite normal after that though.

And perhaps it's just me, but Squirtle and Phanpy looked incredibly cute in this episode. I mean, cuter than usual o_O

I think at one point they messed up with Corphish's voice. When it first said "Hei, Heiga!" to Munchlax, it sounded like Munchlax rather than Corphish itself. Well, sorry if it was already mentioned. I'm too lazy to check right now -_-

Alfonso

Derpgull
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Ummm...question.

What is this? It looks like Squirtle is using an attack but I know it isn't...

It isn't. It's just a shiny peice of Special Effects from Corphish's Bubblebeam. The after effects of them hitting Squirtle, if you will.

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Ummm...question.

What is this? It looks like Squirtle is using an attack but I know it isn't...
Combination of visual effects at the end of Corphish's misaimed Bubblebeam attack. The white is part of the flash from Bubblebeam hitting, and the greyish bit is the dust/smoke from the impact clearing.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Alfonso said:
It isn't. It's just a shiny peice of Special Effects from Corphish's Bubblebeam. The after effects of them hitting Squirtle, if you will.
Murgatroyd said:
Combination of visual effects at the end of Corphish's misaimed Bubblebeam attack. The white is part of the flash from Bubblebeam hitting, and the greyish bit is the dust/smoke from the impact clearing.
Ah. I thought as such. But it's just I've never seen Bubblebeam have an after-hit effect like that. Weird.

I actually quite liked this episode. It was fun, funny, and overall had a nice feel to it, besides the fact that it was blatantly a generic filler.

Best Parts:

- Corphish getting angry at Gonbe

- The Corphish/Squirtle Showdown

- Gonbe getting a Rollout to the head

- Squirtle in the Meadow [sniffing flowers! *melts*...errmm...I mean...death to May's Squirtle! <.< >.>]

- Phanpy carrying Squirtle in its back

- Squirtle's reaction to the Beedrill [though it was expected]

- Pikachu and Corphish KOing everyone while trying to get out the cage by using their attacks.

- THE CHIMECHO BALLOON!!! =DDDDDD

So, Phanpy knows Hidden Power, and Squirtle knows Water Gun and Bubble eh? Please writers, give Squirtle a non generic attack! PLEASE! *remembers how long it took for them to give Bulbasaur Petal Dance* ;o;

The Rocket Sequence in this Episode...I feel as if it's been used before...

This episode is going to go mad with Avatars. I mean, there're SO many Avatar worthy things in this episode...

Chris

Old Coot
Team Rocket Admin said:
Why do they always have Beedrill as a bad Pokemon? When will the Beedrill pursuits stop?
Because they're like real bees. Disturb them, and they come after whatever's in the way to protect their swarm. >_> And what's with the Spear complaints? We haven't seen a Spear swarm attack in YEARS. o_o

And as soon as I get the episode, expect a TON of avatars from the last three episodes. >_>

V Faction

www.faction.com
But we've seen it! Why don't they try something else. Granted, I'm not sure what could replace the Beedrills' job, but there has to be something. "Ack! Beedrill! Run4urlivelol" is gettin' old. Why not a different approach? Smack a tree and dozens of Pineco fall down. Or Nincada. Or just Kakuna! Something?

Chris

Old Coot
Perhaps, but really, an agry swarm of Spear does seem to be a little more terrifying than some other kind of group that could be replaced with. :\ It's like I said, they're really like bees. What other kind of animal goes off attacking anything in groups/swarms to defend themselves when disturbed that's in the Pokémon kingdom?