• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hooked on Onix (414)

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Edward Elric said:
Because they're like real bees. Disturb them, and they come after whatever's in the way to protect their swarm. >_> And what's with the Spear complaints? We haven't seen a Spear swarm attack in YEARS. o_o

Well, Hoenn was practically devoid of them, but there was one just recently in the Mt. Moon episode.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
V Faction said:
But we've seen it! Why don't they try something else. Granted, I'm not sure what could replace the Beedrills' job, but there has to be something. "Ack! Beedrill! Run4urlivelol" is gettin' old. Why not a different approach? Smack a tree and dozens of Pineco fall down. Or Nincada. Or just Kakuna! Something?
I do believe Ninjask *could* do the job. It can look intimidating, has talon like things on its forelegs, has the shape of a bee, etc. But I cannot see the Group/Pokemon out running them.

Though its old, Beedrill are the only Pokemon that can get the job done. And if there's another Pokemon, what makes you think the writer will change it? They're still making fillers on Geodude and Onix!

Heracross

Custom User Title
Edit: Yanno, the more I watch this episode, the more I'm liking it. Yay for me and my changing opinions. :p

I originally thought this one would suck, but that's the advantage of being pessimistic - when you're wrong it's a good thing. XD Instead of ranting about stuff, I'll just list my likes and dislikes.

Bad:
-Thanks to the dippy, happy music used for much of the first half resulted in it being more like a Pikachu short than an episode.
-The entire thing was basically a conglomeration of recycled plot devices from other episodes.
-All of the featured pokémon have had plenty of lime-light.
-Takeshi seems to have caught Satoshi's amnesia as he makes no mention whatsoever about owning an Iwaaku or an Ishitsubute.
-To add insult to injury, Takeshi hardly even does anything as I assumed he would.
-Yet another god damned Spear chase scene, only three episodes after the last one. --;

Good:
-Holy hell, Mizugorou actually does something! :eek:
-Gomazou gets a pretty good role itself.
-Heigani is always funny, and his fight with Zenigame was amusing, but the award for funniest pokémon in this ep goes to Gonbe, not for actually being funny, but for getting it's a*s handed to it by that Ishitsubute. Take that. :p
-The Juputoru vs Iwaaku battle was actually very nicely done, and it was quite exciting to watch. Though it really makes you wonder why the Datsura battle was so lousy.
-Kojirou. ^_^ He was totally awesome in this episode. He captured Pikachu-tachi all by himself, and was damn cool while doing so. The music used during the scene just makes it that much better, and really makes him look evil and nasty. Just for the record, I am straight, but I thought he was downright sexy in that scene. Seriously.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Heracross/Team Rocket/sexy_Kojirou.jpg

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Edward Elric said:
Perhaps, but really, an agry swarm of Spear does seem to be a little more terrifying than some other kind of group that could be replaced with. :\ It's like I said, they're really like bees. What other kind of animal goes off attacking anything in groups/swarms to defend themselves when disturbed that's in the Pokémon kingdom?
No clue. There very well may not be one (except Ninjask, like KC said, which was my first guess, but he does have a point about the speed). But that's why I said they don't have to go that route. Exploding Pineco could be just as bad if there's enough.

Or, something else to think about. Why don't they combat them. Sure, the gang intruded on the Beedrill's turf, but with the way they run, it's like their lives are on the line. And as long as they're defending against wild Pokemon, I don't see any unethical reasons. The sheer amount then? Probably.

Geodude

V Faction said:
Or, something else to think about. Why don't they combat them. Sure, the gang intruded on the Beedrill's turf, but with the way they run, it's like their lives are on the line. And as long as they're defending against wild Pokemon, I don't see any unethical reasons. The sheer amount then? Probably.
Comedic effect. And keep in mind that Pikachu and Heigani did drive them off. Compared to those two, Gomazou is relatively inexperienced, plus it had the even less experienced Zenigame to protect. Speaking of which, I liked the scene before the chase where Gomazou got in front of Zenigame and drove off that one Spear.

The ep was entertaining, overall.

-Nice to see Haruka get Zenigame to attack for the first time.

-I like episodes where Nyasu does translating, that isn't seen as much as it should be.

-I'm disappointed that the only Rock attack we saw was Rollout, despite being in a rocky area. What exactly do the writers have against showing Rock Throw/Slide anyway? They're way too rare.

But I don't like complaining too much. Overall, solid ep.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Heracross said:
-Kojirou. ^_^ He was totally awesome in this episode. He captured Pikachu-tachi all by himself, and was damn cool while doing so. The music used during the scene just makes it that much better, and really makes him look evil and nasty. Just for the record, I'm straight, but he was downright sexy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...exy_Kojirou.jpg
Hmmm...makes you think how 4Kids will "Gay Him Up"
*uses K.C's Revolutionary Time See-Forwarder* OMG! They COULDN'T! They WOULDN'T! They DID!

Ahhhhh! :eek:

[Note: Did it on MS Paint so it's crappy >.>]

V Faction said:
But that's why I said they don't have to go that route. Exploding Pineco could be just as bad if there's enough.
Hmmm...but it wouldn't be long before THAT got old too. Lest we forget, Brock's Pinco randomly exploded, that was his 'Gag Feature' before he evolved and lost all personality. I don't know how much more they could milk out of it before we start complaining again. I'm sorry V, but it's a lose/lose situation ;o;

Last edited:

V Faction

www.faction.com
Geodude said:
Comedic effect. And keep in mind that Pikachu and Heigani did drive them off.
Comedy? I ain't laughin' ;)

And I haven't seen the ep, so I didn't know that they actually fought the Beedrill for once.

Kawaiiest.Combusken said:
Hmmm...but it wouldn't be long before THAT got old too. Lest we forget, Brock's Pinco randomly exploded, that was his 'Gag Feature' before he evolved and lost all personality. I don't know how much more they could milk out of it before we start complaining again. I'm sorry V, but it's a lose/lose situation ;o;
Compared to the eons of Beedrill we've endured, KC? Maybe it would get old. Perhaps that's a clue to them that those gags should just cease entirely. But can we count on them!? I think not!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
You guys complain about Beedrill yet you don't get tired of Meowth's Giovanni fantasies? I like the latter, but not when they put them in every episode.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Hey, I still do find them funny. :D

Of course, I don't enjoy them ALL the time. It wasn't on my mind to complain. But those didn't receive much attention till Hoenn. That's when they started to get really loopy, I think. So that kinda has some leeway. There's really an endless list of things to be frustrated by in the anime.

You guys complain...
It isn't everyone. If I didn't know any better, I'd say the Beedrill attacks were well defend in this thread.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Kawaiiest.Combusken said:

Hmmm...makes you think how 4Kids with "Gay Him Up"
*uses K.C's Revolutionary Time See-forwarder* OMG! They COULDN'T! They WOULDN'T! They DID!

Ahhhhh! :eek:

[Note: Did it on MS Paint so it's crappy >.>]
It scares me. >.>; And yet I know it's true. It's inevitable that they'll completely ruin that scene. Music replaced, lines shouted, James gay'd.

T_T

Last edited:

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Heracross said:
It scares me. >.>; And yet I know it's true. It's inevitable that they'll completely ruin that scene. Music replaced, lines shouted, James gay'd.

T_T

James getting gay'd....no way. lol. I thought he already was?

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Heracross said:
Yeah, really what I meant was that he's made to be gay in the dub in general. :/

I wouldve thought the Japanese would do something like that, I mean, I watch alot of Japanese shows and.....they seem pretty darn gay.

Chris

Old Coot
Okay, I finally saw the episode. I'd like to smash this episode into the faces of everyone who assumed the episode would suck. At first glance the episode seems boring. But when you actually watch it, it's REALLY good for a filler based on OLD Pokémon. Not only that, but it's funny as hell. Nothing like Gomazou and Zenigame flipping out after seeing a BUNCH of Spear coming after them. Especially when Zeni has no idea why Gomazou grabbed it at first. XD

I don't care what anyone says. Mizugorou may not have had much of a part in the episode, but it at least did SOMETHING for more than one minute. Now let's hope Foretress gets some kind of action soon.

Gonbe getting hurt through out the entire episode was great. First it gets knocked into the sky through Rollout, then smashes into the ground after falling out of a tree, then hit by Heigani's Bubblebeam and Pikachu's Thunderbolt mixed together and falling down a waterfall. About damn time.

Iwaaku was great in the episode, as well. Just something about this one seemed to stand out more than any other. I especially thought the scene where it smashes its tail against the Rocket Gang's balloon was pretty cool.

And is it just me, or does anyone else wish they'd revert back to their old motto? The new one just doesn't sound right. :\

Heracross

Custom User Title
kukkyou_ooraka said:
I wouldve thought the Japanese would do something like that, I mean, I watch alot of Japanese shows and.....they seem pretty darn gay.
I see what you're saying now. I see no indication whatsoever that Kojirou is homosexual in the original version. The only thing even close to it is when he crossdresses, which is only for comedic relief.

Edward Elric said:
Okay, I finally saw the episode. I'd like to smash this episode into the faces of everyone who assumed the episode would suck.
Heh, what can I say? I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong. :/ Basing my assumptions off of recent episodes that sucked was a bad idea. I'm quite warming up to it the more I go back and watch it again.

And is it just me, or does anyone else wish they'd revert back to their old motto? The new one just doesn't sound right. :\
Agreed. :x

Last edited:

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Heracross said:
I see what you're saying now. I see no indication whatsoever that Kojirou is homosexual in the original version. The only thing even close to it is when he crossdresses, which is only for comedic relief.

Heh, what can I say? Basing my assumptions off of recent episodes that sucked was a bad idea. >.> I'm quite warming up to it the more I go back and watch it again.

Agreed. :x

I agree totally with everything you just said, but you are not wrong on the episode being a stupid filler( I still think it is). I never really understood why the writers would do the whole crossdressing thing. Jessie and James do it most of the time.

Chris

Old Coot
Most of the time? It's been years since Kojirou crossdressed multiple times in a row. o_O He only does it once in a blue moon now. And really, crossdressing doesn't mean you're gay. It's simply for comedic relief.

Team Rocket Admin

Edward Elric said:
Perhaps, but really, an agry swarm of Spear does seem to be a little more terrifying than some other kind of group that could be replaced with. :\ It's like I said, they're really like bees. What other kind of animal goes off attacking anything in groups/swarms to defend themselves when disturbed that's in the Pokémon kingdom?
I guess you have a point, and I can't wait for the new avatars. :)

Wind Waker

Now that's Effulgent
James ain't gay, he's a bit misunderstood, and nowadays in anime everyone corss dresses (accidently swallows vomit)

maybe metrosexual but back on the topic

the end battle was the only good part, we ned some more creatovity though

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
baton of winds said:
James ain't gay, he's a bit misunderstood, and nowadays in anime everyone corss dresses (accidently swallows vomit)

maybe metrosexual but back on the topic

the end battle was the only good part, we ned some more creatovity though

Like I said, its another cool, yet boring filler. The only one that catches my eys is the one with the Arcainine.