1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Hooked on Onix (414)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Advanced Battle' started by Serebii, Aug 4, 2005.

1. goofy_goober

goofy_goober Guest

2. kukkyou_ooraka

kukkyou_ooraka Original Pokeshipper

Okay.....Nice to meet ya. And please keep to full sentences, instead of just XD, comprende mi amigo|a.

3. Heracross

Heracross Custom User Title

Linking images from filb doesn't work. I'm amazed how many people still fail to realize this.

4. kukkyou_ooraka

I didnt even see the notion of a picture being there.....but still he is new.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2005
  5. Heracross

It's the little blue box with the question mark in it. That happens when a picture doesn't work or failed to load.

6. kukkyou_ooraka

Oh....thanks Heracross.

7. Yamato-san

Yamato-san I own the 5th gen

Didn't that Corocoro magazine say that this episode would involve Takeshi and bring up the fact that he used to raise an Iwaaku and Ishitsubute? Sure didn't seem like it. What a jip. I didn't like how Gomazou's Hidden Power is first presented neither (I was thinking Satoshi would actually be around and take note of it being a new attack). Oh well, it was a good episode nontheless, as everyone's been saying. Juptle presents us with yet another outstanding battle, and I agree with everyone else about how cool Kojirou looked in that one scene (not often you get to see him going solo).

There were some nice, little details worth pointing out in this episode as well. For instance, when everyone's in the river, they're all flailing their arms and stuff.... except Heigani. As you can expect of the crayfish, water's only natural to him, so he just floats down the river with a rather normal expression on his face (noticing it, I couldn't help but laugh). And did anyone else notice that Gomazou jumped in front of Zenigame when they were in the cage? Are the writers trying to set up some relationship there, or what? There was also that scene where Rocket Dan were freaking out when Iwaaku challenged Satoshi to a battle. Nyaasu translates Iwaaku, they all come to the realization that he's challenging him, and suddenly, they feel as though they're all screwed XD (despite how much they pursue in getting Pikachu and fighting against him, they sure aren't one to underestimate Satoshi in any other given situation).

Why the hell does Zenigame have CGI bubbles but not Heigani? Oh well, with multiple water-types on the team, we need as much variation as we can get (CGI bubbles is already an improvement over the bland, usual Water Gun, so it's nice to see Haruka's Zenigame using it more often). Also, is this the first time that Bubble/Bubblebeam has a vapor cloud effect after impact? I didn't notice in earlier episodes, but if this is the first time, I must say it's a real nice touch.

8. This episode was pretty good for a filler.I loved the part where corphish and squirtle were clenching fists at each other and the battle between grovyle and onix.

9. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

Ah, good stuff Yamato. I was wondering if someone else other than me would notice (I forgot to mention it in my summery. ._.) the whole Squirtle and Phanpy thing that was going on in this episode. (Obviously, I don't mean that in a relationship sense. More of a older brother sister/guardian type relationship.)

There's a difference between the Boss Fantasies and the Beedrill chases, people. -_- The Boss Fantasies are usually very funny and contain some weird a*s s*it. Like in the first Factory episode. Giovanni. In boxers. And who can forget Chibi Gio in the helicopter with his giant nut?

The Beedrill chases, however, are the same damned thing over and over. Funny thing is, I think THEY think WE find them funny.

10. JazzJazz

JazzJazz Well-Known Member

It's not a major thing, so they probably just keep using it as it always works within the story... if it ain't broke...

11. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Again, why are we complaining about them as if it's been happening for years and years on end with no stop? >_> They just started back to it considering Kanto seems to be infested with 'em.

12. Darato

Darato (o,..,o)

So did Satoshi get the Onix.

13. kukkyou_ooraka

Hmmmmm......let me think for a moment....aaaa......no. Not really. He only used it to get out of where ever they were.

14. Wind Waker

Wind Waker Now that's Effulgent

i hate to say it, but onix might have been good on ashe's team, forget borkc for one moment and think (don't kill me for saying that)

15. kukkyou_ooraka

At first i didnt know what you where talking about:) But we wont kill, yet.LoL

16. I'm liking the attention given to Phanpy. It had the least bit of character development since it hatched, but at least they're continuing with the 'big brother' personality it showed in the first Cleffa episode.:) Surely it's gotten a lot more mature, and much stronger as well(I think its new Hidden Power attack is a representation of that). Methinks Phanpy's gonna get quite a bit of the spotlight this season...^_^

17. Addydo

Addydo X-Men/Pokemon Fan!

Was That Hidden Power that Phanpy used!? :confused:

18. Heracross

Yes, it was. If you had bothered to read the thread, you'd know that, as it was only mentioned about seven times. :p

19. Addydo

Addydo X-Men/Pokemon Fan!

Dude, sorry! I just wanted to be sure, Is that so wrong!? :confused: :mad:

20. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Just cause you can't spell or capitalize doesn't mean we're gonna kill you.