• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hooked on Onix (414)

Chris

Old Coot
R + Eye + K + Oh = Raikou. How's that? :p

As for avatars, maybe. Joe STILL hasn't fawkin' uploaded the batch I sent him last week. :\

W

waregreymon

The episode of hooked on onyx was allright. I wish for once team rocket won. Why do the bad guys never wins.Evil never prevails. It was funny how pikachu was riding on the back of phanphy.;munchlax;

Last edited by a moderator:

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Well, I finally saw this episode, which I put off because I've got to watch the episodes in order and it took me almost three weeks to watch the Mirage special. :p

I have to say, I liked this episode. It was a Team Rocket-centered episode, which is a plus for me. It had Corphish copping 'tude, which is a plus for me (and seeing Squirtle fight with him was fun to watch). It had a namedrop, which is a BIG plus for me (when was the last time Meowth called Ash by name anyway?). Brock was pretty funny as well. And the bearded Ash image- too funny for words. :D Jessie got off some good lines in the episode too.

Overall, 8/10. Now I've still got to watch last Saturday's Jigglypuff episode yet.

Hikozaru390

Well, just like with "Choose it or Lose It!" either 4kids, Cartoon Network, or PUSA went in and edited the title screen to change it from "Hooked on Onyx" to "Hooked on Onix"

The writers took quite a few liberties in this episode...

1. Why did they need to find a river when they had a Mudkip that could use water gun RIGHT THERE?
2. Why did Pikachu and Corphish run from 3 Geodude? Pikachu fried Brock's back in Kanto, and Corphish can use Bubblebeam, which is super effective.
3. If Pikachu and Corphish couldn't fight 3 Geodude, how could they fight a whole swarm of Beedril?
4. Why was the whole group scared of the Graveler and Golem? Sure, they look big, but Corphish knows Bubblebeam, Squirtle knows Bubble, and Munchlax knows Solar Beam. All super effective attacks! Plus, Pikachu fried a Geodude back in Kanto, so why couldn't it battle a few Graveler or Golem and do the same thing, 400 episodes later?

Battra

It's a good episode it's certainly nice that they didn't concentrate to much on Ash and the gang in this episode and focused more on their Pokemon and the wild Pokemon. I think it would have been better for Brock to be the hero in this episode since he has a closer relationship with Rock Pokemon.

Igottapoo

In my nightmares
Good episode. I like how it was focused on Pokemon a lot more then the trainers. But Phanpy, Grovyle, and Corphish should have took care of that Onix :/

Rommath

▲_▲
Nice episode. Laughed at the bearded Ash and Meowth's description of the "evil twerps". The Onix was fairly strong. Team Rocket were doing well in this episode, until Ash found out where they were. Funny Pokemon antics as well.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
it was an exciting episode with the onix and how it was more focussed on the pokemon insdtead of the trainers.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I wonder if this Onix is stronger and bigger than Bruno's Onix.

Surfer_Dude

Aspiring Guitarist
Team rocket actually tricked onyx? Wow...
Anyways i think ash and co. could've defeated them all ;)
Well at least onyx calmed down in the end.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
You spelled Onix wrong

The dub title shot also spelled it wrong, they spelled it as "Onyx". Their mistake haha. I liked this episode, even though it only featured more Kanto Pokemon though in this case, most were Rock-types. Not everyday that we get a Filler with some action like we got in this episode though and it was nice to see an Onix that didn't belong to Brock. 5/10

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Pretty good episode, Onix is definitely an episode I like really. It was funny how Onix was imagining Ash and co as enemies. TR almost had it but failed again (Did Meowth seriously not see Ash on the cliff let alone May and Max call out for him),

*Sarcasm start*
No one?
I'm the one that's going to have to say it?
*sigh* all right!
Brock's Geodude and Onyx are coming back in a not-to-distant-future episode!!!
*Sarcasm end*

It was cool to see some first generation Pokemon make an appearance after a while.

G50

No longer posting
Didn't like this episode much... TR's sceme was 1 of their better schemes. It was interesting how they actually got Geodude and Graveler to help them out. Interesting how TR used a Chimecho balloon instead of a Meowth balloon this time. It was cool to see Phanpy use Hidden Power. Grovyle vs Onix was a very cool battle.

18/100

Vernikova

Champion
Bad episode. An Onix filler of all things. That's all there is to it.

You know, I'm surprised Brock wasn't able to help more despite being in a cage, what with him being a Rock type gym leader....