• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hooked on Onix (414)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hooked on Onix

Enroute to the Battle Arena, Ash & Co. stumble across a mountain where they find some Onix being attacked by Geodudes & Golems, and to make things worse the Onix does not seem to like Ash & Co. Will they be able to sort this and get through the mountain?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Darato

(o,..,o)
It looks like a very good episode. It's to bad it is not Brock's Onix.

Last edited:
W

Waveblaster

I think that it would have been real bland if Brock's Onix was in it, I'm glad it wasn't his and was a wild one.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Waveblaster said:
I think that it would have been real bland if Brock's Onix was in it, I'm glad it wasn't his and was a wild one.
In my honest opinion, I think the entire speculation behind Brock's Onix making any sort of return in this episode was rather idiotic to begin with.

kukkyou_ooraka

Original Pokeshipper
Gravy said:
In my honest opinion, I think the entire speculation behind Brock's Onix making any sort of return in this episode was rather idiotic to begin with.

I kinda liked Brocks Onix, but thats just me. But Ash getting one, that is plain idiotic.

W

Waveblaster

Well what do you expect? Pratically every time there's a filler episode someone tries to turn it into a non-filler by saying someone is going to catch a new pokemon...

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Why is idiotic that Ash catch an Onix?. After all, nearly all May's is based in Ash's Pokemon: Beautifly (Butterfree), Bulbasaur (Bulbasaur), Munchlax (Snorlax), Squirtle (Squirtle).... For me, that's the real stupid thing. Besides, don't you remember that Ritchie always has the same Pokemons of Ash?: Sparky (Pikachu), Zippo (Charmeleon), Happy (Butterfree), Cruz (Pupitar) and Rose (Taillow).

So, why can Ash have one of his friend's Pokemons?. That remember me something: Don't you never see that Grovyle have a strong resemblance with a Scyther?. It's nearly how if Ash had a Scyther, like Tracey. For me, an Onix in Ash's Team had been perfect.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
No, because not everyone wants to see Ash, May or whoever capture all the same Pokemon another main character had. We need variety, they should capture new pokemon or Pokemon that a main character hasn't owned, rather then being forced to see the same pokemon over and over again.

Richie is not a main character, so who cares what Pokemon he captures. When a main character catches the same pokemon as another main character, it's just lazy repetitive writing.

Anyway this probably belongs in the speculation thread rather than here, but I had to get my point across.

Chris

Old Coot
Eddieursa said:
Why is idiotic that Ash catch an Onix?. After all, nearly all May's is based in Ash's Pokemon: Beautifly (Butterfree), Bulbasaur (Bulbasaur), Munchlax (Snorlax), Squirtle (Squirtle).... For me, that's the real stupid thing. Besides, don't you remember that Ritchie always has the same Pokemons of Ash?: Sparky (Pikachu), Zippo (Charmeleon), Happy (Butterfree), Cruz (Pupitar) and Rose (Taillow).
Once again, I disagree. Haruka's clearly not a Satoshi clone. Yes, she does have Pokémon similar to the ones Satoshi has. But does that make them the same? NO. Hiroshi, however, is definately a Satoshi clone seeing as his Pokémon DO have the same damn personality as Satoshi's. Not to mention, they pretty much have the same battling style. Haruka, on the other hand, has styles and moves that Satoshi never really put into effect.

Satoshi's Fushigidane: Solarbeam
Haruka's Fushigidane: Petal Dance

Satoshi's Kabigon: Hyper Beam
Haruka's Gonbe: Solarbeam

Satoshi's Butterfree: Tackle
Haruka's Agehunt: Silver Wind

Satoshi's Zenigame: Hydro Pump
Haruka's Zenigame: Water Gun (this is all we've seen so far, according to the opening)

Those are their strongest attacks and they significantly show they're quite different.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Eddieursa said:
For me, an Onix in Ash's Team had been perfect.
Well, you're boring and uncreative then.

V Faction

www.faction.com
Edward Elric said:
Satoshi's Butterfree: Tackle
Haruka's Agehunt: Silver Wind
That quite hilarious. Poor Butterfree, only having Tackle. Doomed to never experience the wonder that is Silver Wind.

JazzJazz

Waveblaster said:
Well what do you expect? Pratically every time there's a filler episode someone tries to turn it into a non-filler by saying someone is going to catch a new pokemon...

Face facts, it just wouldn't seem right if there wasn't crazy capture/evolution speculation with news of every upcoming episode.

So, can anyone provide an outline for this episode as yet? I'm keen to see how they filled the 22 odd minutes with onix & geodude antics.

T

Trendy_boy87

if there wasnt any evos or capture theorys what the hell would be the poiint of a spec thread as without those all that it would be is oh ash meets another pokemon and then leaves it after saving /changing its life aswel as his and goes on his quest

Chris

Old Coot
Trendy_boy87 said:
if there wasnt any evos or capture theorys what the hell would be the poiint of a spec thread as without those all that it would be is oh ash meets another pokemon and then leaves it after saving /changing its life aswel as his and goes on his quest
The fact that every episode speculation would be infested with "OMG THIS R GONNA EVOLV!!!11" or "osht! it gun get cawt!!!!11" in every other damn post was annoying as hell. It's only allowed when there's EVIDENCE of it possibly happening. Not throwing a random ass idea out of nowhere.

W

Waveblaster

Edward Elric said:
The fact that every episode speculation would be infested with "OMG THIS R GONNA EVOLV!!!11" or "osht! it gun get cawt!!!!11" in every other damn post was annoying as hell. It's only allowed when there's EVIDENCE of it possibly happening. Not throwing a random ass idea out of nowhere.

I know, like when in the Mawile episode when everyone thought Corphish would evolve. It does get annoying and if people didn't do it, we could have a reasonable discussion on the episode.

Chris

Old Coot
Just be patient. o_o It'll be posted up eventually.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If Bonsly was in this episode, it would have been in the preview and/or mentioned. You can bet that when they put another 4th gen poke in an episode, it's name will be plastered all over the preview text.

Team Rocket Admin

V Faction said:
That quite hilarious. Poor Butterfree, only having Tackle. Doomed to never experience the wonder that is Silver Wind.
At that time Silverwind didn't exist. BTW did Brock or anyone mention Brock's Onix?