• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hooked on Onix (414)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I cackled when the other Pokemon got upset when Munchlax ate all their food. Meowth tricking Onix and the Rock-types and imagining Ash with a beard during his explanation was funny and I thought it was adorable how Squirtle was playing in a flower meadow. I liked that TR's plan almost worked, as well as seeing Grovyle attack the Onix in charge.

Gillachu

Banned
I liked when the cast's Pokemon all got in a fight, but seeing a bunch of Rock Pokemon worship a giant king Onix wasn't so great.

JudySpell

Banned
This episode made Onix seem much cooler than usual so I regret that this wasn't Brock's Onix and was simply a royal wild one. 6/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Ha ha I loved how Munchlax ate the food and how Corphish got mad and the chaos just ensued from there. It was interesting how those Geodudes, Gravelers and Golems treated Onix like their king.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
At the beginning Ash was complaining about how he's so thirsty, so why can't Corphish and Squirtle act like a water fountain? I can't believe Max slept through all that battling between Corphish and Squirtle lol.

ZilverLox

Banned
You would think an episode centered around Onix and Geodude, and a bunch of Rock Pokemon would give Brock the advantage and think of way to reason with them and free themselves, yet he just sat there in his cage doing nothing.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
You would think an episode centered around Onix and Geodude, and a bunch of Rock Pokemon would give Brock the advantage and think of way to reason with them and free themselves, yet he just sat there in his cage doing nothing.

Brock didn't even specialize in Rock-types at this point in the series, though, so of course he didn't get involved.

Alloutℯ

Banned
It was great to see Ash being brave again. I love every time he stands up to do amazing things to protect his friends and his Pokemon. The whole "Team Rocket convinces an elemental group of Pokemon that Ash is evil" has been done before.

Shayuin

Banned
My favorite part in this episode was when Ash confronted "King" Onix and said everything he could to convince it that he wouldn't steal any Pokemon.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Gonbe ate all the food and made Heigani mad was entertaining, but the scene where Spear came out of the giant flower felt random. The kingdom of Rock Pokemon was interesting, if only because the anime rarely focuses on Iwark. The final clash between Juptile and Iwark was exciting, especially when Juptile sliced that boulder.

Vipsoccermaster

Good filler, but it wasn't much. Sure there was lots of stuff going on at once, but it was nothing major. Good to see that King Onix and its subordinates retaliated against Team Rocket after it got betrayed by them. The whole fight at the beginning was Corphish's fault for setting up the plot of the episode.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, it was kind of a shame that we finally got an Iwark focus episode for the first time since the Original Series, yet the Iwark that was showcased was a wild one instead of Takeshi's. Makes me wish that Takeshi had never left his Iwark at the Nibi Gym.

Daizy

I call you honey
May's Squirtle was bred to perfection. Beneficial nature, egg moves, everything. I loved the part when Brock said, "Well it's a hard king not to like", and then Ash goes, "Yeah, hard as rock".

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Yeah I'm not a fan of these standard Johto filler episodes; I found this one a chore to sit through. There were some entertaining moments like Munchlax eating everyone's food and the Pokemon fighting each other, mostly Corphish and Squirtle in this episode.
I guess I'll give it a 6/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
May's Squirtle was bred to perfection. Beneficial nature, egg moves, everything.

Zenigame's moves weren't shown to be that special here, however. It used Bubble during the brief melee in the beginning, but it's not as if it was exaggerated to seem that impressive. What I did like was when Zenigame was shown frolicking in the flowers.

Well the whole "separated from the group" plots have charm and this one was good. May's Squirtle's was adorable and I got a kick out of Phanpy and Squirtle's antics after upsetting those vicious wild Beedrill. You'd think Max would know by now never to leave Munchlax unguarded around food though but whatever. The king Onix was so large.

This is the only time we'll see an older Ash.
Squirtle and Phanpy were cute. MUDKIP YESSSSS!!!!!!!!! Otherwise boring episode