• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoopa & The Clash of Ages (18)

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
If it was the same one I just think it would've acknowledged Ash's presence by speaking with him however instead of basically ignoring him tho. ^^

All Arceus did was fly overhead in the sky. It probably didn't even know Ash was there. Even if it did, it's the god of Pokemon, Ash is just some random human. Even if they had met before, there's no real reason for Arceus to acknowledge Ash's presences.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
All Arceus did was fly overhead in the sky. It probably didn't even know Ash was there. Even if it did, it's the god of Pokemon, Ash is just some random human. Even if they had met before, there's no real reason for Arceus to acknowledge Ash's presences.

Arceus was literally a living prop. I don't think such a small, and I mean small, role is worth dialogue or even a gesture.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Well, I'm sure that Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were the same ones too. I think they just didn't do it to not confuse the kiddies.

I'm not sure if they were the same but assuming they were, I wish that would've been revealed as a treat for older fans who remembered seeing these legendarys before that's all. ^^

Perfect Zygarde

Okay I just thought of something: What would happen if Hoopa closed a ring portal while whatever was coming through it was only part way through?

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
I thought the Hoopa was kind of a charming character, but this movie was otherwise terribly shallow. lol. For so many films Legendary Pokemon had some sense of grandeur or significance to them, yet here they're just yanked out of [somewhere] to fight. That just kinda rubs me the wrong way. I guess that is what was advertised though, so hey...

Also lol collateral damage. lol civilians.

U.N. Owen

I think we can all agree what the fanservice was the best part of this movie. Well, sans the shirtless Ash for ten minutes.

Red and Blue

I feel like a big legendary Pokémon showdown with tons of Legendaries from different gens was something the fans(both In Japan and other countries) have been wanting to see for years possibly. The writers were probably aware of this and wanted a chance to experiment with this concept in a film.

At least a plus for this movie is that we now know that throwing a bunch of Legendary Pokémon on the screen probably wasn't the best idea

Pikachu52

This movie was really good with the Legendaries, there was just so many that appeared but kind of disappointed that Arceus didn't recognise Ash, which is probably a different Arceus. Hoopa was quite good, even in Unbound and its fascination with donuts had a fairly obvious reason. But the plot was kind of derailed because of the showcase of so much Legendaries, otherwise, it was good.

If Arecus is the creator of all things, therefore making him the God of the Pokémon universe it seems likely it would be the same one. Arecus is thousands of years old so it's probably seen many different people and Pokémon and may not see Ash being partiuclarly significant or worthy of acknowledgement.

Darkness Angel

Lover of Fate-Chan
Kyurem too me looked like a fusion of the two legendary pokemon from black and white.

U.N. Owen

This was a pretty good movie. I really enjoyed seeing an intense battle between all the legendaries from the past few generations. I also was initially amazed with how big Hoopa Unbound turned out to be.

LizardonX

Banned
It's impossible. Hoopa can't just cut people in half, and that'd be too dark even by Pokemon standards.

We'd get Elizabeth.

The movie was pretty dissapointing overall. None of the new characters were interesting, none of Ash's sidekicks did anything, and most of the battle just felt boring.

dman_dustin

I have to disagree with a lot of you apparently.

I enjoyed the movie for what it was, I wonder if some people are letting the fact that this is the 18th cloud their judgment.

Could be wrong, but I can't imagine anything that was wrong with it, for a POKEMON movie.

I mean sure I'm pissed that Clemont didn't go Super Sayian God and go head to toe against Hoopa Unbound (shadow) and ONE PUNCH it into oblivion and Clemont ends up bald, but this is Pokemon not whatever movie THAT would happen in.

diakyu

So I figured it's about time I gave some thoughts on this. Only one thing to say really. The Pikachu shorts have got to go. This movie could have been so much more from a narrative standpoint with the extra time to flesh the relation between Hoopa and Shadow Hoopa. It wasn't terrible mind you, but out of all the most recent Pokemon movies this one could have been a lot better than it was. Not to mention was I the only one that thought the movie didn't even look that great? The Diancie movie had much better art direction imo.

Another that's just an observation, but did anyone else get a weird DPPT movie vibe? The final conflict is literally the exact same thing that happened in Rise of Darkrai.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The Pikachu shorts have got to go. This movie could have been so much more from a narrative standpoint with the extra time to flesh the relation between Hoopa and Shadow Hoopa. It wasn't terrible mind you, but out of all the most recent Pokemon movies this one could have been a lot better than it was.

Why did they bring back the Pikachu shorts, again? It was fine for them to be stand-alones to be shown on airplanes, but they really and truly cut in on the actual movie's duration. Well, it's either that or the actual Pokémon movies are just too short. Or, hell, there's too much cuteness filler and pointless advertising for the video games (such as the pointless cosplay Pikachu scene) in the actual movie itself that it cuts in on much-needed plot. This has been a problem for the last several movies, and it needs to stop, or at the very least fixed if they're not going to take them out.

More Shadow Hoopa would've been great, it was pretty much the best thing about this film next to Lugia kicking ass.

Not to mention was I the only one that thought the movie didn't even look that great? The Diancie movie had much better art direction imo.

You're not the only one. This was the most boring setting I've seen in years, I think more boring than the setting of Jirachi: Wish Maker and the Zekrom and Reshiram movies (I can't even remember the names of any of them), and they didn't even try to make the oasis look nice. I don't remember a single shot in the movie that made me go, "That's pretty!" or "Wow, look at that detail!" or even, "Wow, culture!" In fact, I think the best shot in the film was seeing Alto Mare again. Really poor planning on their part.

Another that's just an observation, but did anyone else get a weird DPPT movie vibe? The final conflict is literally the exact same thing that happened in Rise of Darkrai.

Now that you pointed that out (because I honestly forgot), it's definitely there. I really don't remember if that climax was ever "foreshadowed" or even built up to, it kind of came out of nowhere because, "Welp, we got ten minutes left, we need to throw something in! Any ideas?" I was disappointed by the climax of the Diancie movie, but at the very least, there was build up to it.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Now that you pointed that out (because I honestly forgot), it's definitely there. I really don't remember if that climax was ever "foreshadowed" or even built up to, it kind of came out of nowhere because, "Welp, we got ten minutes left, we need to throw something in! Any ideas?" I was disappointed by the climax of the Diancie movie, but at the very least, there was build up to it.

Apparently, pieces of that climax appeared every time a Legendary was summoned.

Even then, there's absolutely no indication that is a consequence. It makes less sense not even Palkia can do anything about it.