• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoopa, the Mischief Pokémon

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Hoopa, the Mischief Pokémon

The Minidjinni of the Word "Appear!": Hoopa

This is a story set when Hoopa's companions Balza and Mary were still children. The three of them lived happily together with the villagers in "Arkhe Valley", a place far from Désser City where Hoopa later met Ash and the others. Everyone there loved Hoopa's rings, which could make anything and everything appear! One day, the three of them were helping an old woman make donuts. Hoopa's eyes started glittering at the sight of these round treats it had never seen before! But when Hoopa's rings get used to make donuts, things quickly get silly!

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Watched the episode a while ago. Hoopa is sure cute when in its Confined form animated. And the episode was good overall, just wished we got some explaining on why Arche Valley villagers seem to worship Arceus, and Hoopa's backstory. Also, I don't get why Barza and Mary needed the Prison Bottle, it's never explained. The episode just seems to focus on the characters themselves than the actual plot that leads to the events of the movie.

But still, I give the episode 7/10 for Hoopa's shenanigans and its cuteness. This had to be better...

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Watched the episode a while ago. Hoopa is sure cute when in its Confined form animated. And the episode was good overall, just wished we got some explaining on why Arche Valley villagers seem to worship Arceus, and Hoopa's backstory. Also, I don't get why Barza and Mary needed the Prison Bottle, it's never explained. The episode just seems to focus on the characters themselves than the actual plot that leads to the events of the movie.

That's because all that stuff is explained in the movie. There's little point in wasting tons of OVA time explaining movie plot points that have little to do with the OVA's plot when they need to be explained in the movie for everyone that didn't watch the OVA anyway.
The way this got distributed meant it had to be relatively self-contained, since they knew most of the movie audience wouldn't have watched it.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
Watching the English one, I'm surprised they actually acknowledged Rice Balls, since they were usually replaced in the early days.

However, I am not surprised a certain scene got censored/removed, since I've seen the Japanese one too.

It was cute I guess. Hoopa C is adorable (If annoying at times) and watching the young children was nice.

Vipsoccermaster

The Hoopa episode was pretty cool. The kids almost look like the Links in Tri Force Heroes (not really, but that's just me).

Yeah, I thought rice balls would be gone, but they're still here. Good to see something you don't expect every once in a blue moon.

Bananarama

The light is coming
Hoopa was cute in this episode, and I liked seeing them try to fix the statue. It was funny how Hoopa ended up gluing the broken part of the statue the wrong way.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
This short at least made Hoopa slightly less annoying to me than how he was in his movie, which is a plus. This was a fun special. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Hoopa being introduced to donuts was amusing, and even though not much happened here that affected the Hoopa movie itself, it was a fun way of spending a few minutes.