• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hopes for the 2 new upcoming movies

mkn

Pokémon Master
With Detective Pikachu and mewtwo strikes back evolution coming out soon, both featuring Mewtwo, I really hope they wouldn’t completely ignore his mega forms.

Ideally, each movie features one different mega, although it probably won’t happen.

I know that mewtwo strikes is just a remake for the first movie but who would want to watch the exact same movie in just more contemporary visual? That would just be boring and totally predictable.

Also, I want these movies to be connected somehow to the new gen 8 games and possibly even reveal some new Pokémon.

What are your hopes for the new movies?

Pokemon Power

I know that mewtwo strikes is just a remake for the first movie but who would want to watch the exact same movie in just more contemporary visual? That would just be boring and totally predictable.
My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking maybe they could change the ending.

Reactions: mkn

mkn

Pokémon Master
My thoughts exactly. I'm thinking maybe they could change the ending.

Yeah and I think this is where they should add his mega evolution! It would even justify the name of the movie

Pokemon Power

Yeah and I think this is where they should add his mega evolution! It would even justify the name of the movie
Yeah, I'm thinking Mega Mewtwo X would be a good choice simply because the other Mewtwo from the 16th movie could Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo Y.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
As you can see, I am looking very forward to the two films this year, even though his role in Detective Pikachu is still going to be a pleasant surprise for me regardless (because compared to the game, it's a step up). But as one of those who's not a fan of the Mega Evolutions, if they need to showcase one in either film (don't really know why they would), Mega Mewtwo X would be better, especially since Mega Mewtwo Y's history in film is..... yeah, still a sore spot. It's also at least not ugly to look at, and it's more exciting to see physical blows landing than psychic blows.

But I'm not holding my breath over it either way. I'd rather just see Mewtwo being his ol' badass self and show why it is he has remained one of the most powerful Pokémon in the franchise for all these years. But I'm just most excited to see the new designs for everything in Evolution.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I'm just hoping they keep the entire Origin of Mewtwo in the film this time, especially in the dub and that the dub doesn't use that fighting is wrong message over what the original message was supposed to be again.

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
Lol I really don't see either mega appearing in either movie and honestly I'd prefer Y over X in that hypothetical (X is just so visually boring and ugly...)

I'm hoping they change the ending to Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution but I highly doubt they will.

As for new pokemon, I think its unlikely we'll see any in either movie. Evolution may have one cameo in a pre-movie short though

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I just want to see a good movie from Detective Pikachu. A good Pokemon movie of course but also just a good movie in-general.

As for Mewtwo Strikes Back Evolution, honestly it doesn't look that interesting. I'd rather they do a retelling/sequel of the last two reboot movies in 2D animation. I'll still check it out but I don't really expect it to surprise the inner kid in me.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I want Mewtwo X but I doubt considering they’re really pushing that ugly armor (it was never cool)

shoz999

I want Mewtwo X but I doubt considering they’re really pushing that ugly armor (it was never cool)
Just a guess but I've been hearing this rumor of armored evolution and tradition vs. innovation. Seeing Mewtwo's armor it makes me wonder if that this "Armored" stuff isn't just fantasy chainmail armor but also hi-tech sci-fi armor like Mewtwo's in the movies.

mkn

Pokémon Master
Yeah, I'm thinking Mega Mewtwo X would be a good choice simply because the other Mewtwo from the 16th movie could Mega Evolve into Mega Mewtwo Y.

Totally agree. They used Mega Mewtwo Y a few times already and I don’t think we’ve seen much of Mega X.
Imagine how cool it would look in now days technology!
Plus, just like Kutie Pie said, it would be a lot more exciting to see physical hits rather than special hits.

I don’t mind the armor but I really hope it’s not their new gimmick cause I think it’s getting a little too much now with mega evolutions and Z-moves.

Just a guess but I've been hearing this rumor of armored evolution and tradition vs. innovation. Seeing Mewtwo's armor it makes me wonder if that this "Armored" stuff isn't just fantasy chainmail armor but also hi-tech sci-fi armor like Mewtwo's in the movies.

I’ve been hearing that too and like I said before, I hope it’s not their new gimmick because it would make things a lot more complicated giving the fact we already have megas and Z-moves. I wish they keep things simple cause I feel like they pushed it with Z-moves and now adding armored forms would be kinda messy.
Just make use what we already have.

shoz999

Totally agree. They used Mega Mewtwo Y a few times already and I don’t think we’ve seen much of Mega X.
Imagine how cool it would look in now days technology!
Plus, just like Kutie Pie said, it would be a lot more exciting to see physical hits rather than special hits.

I don’t mind the armor but I really hope it’s not their new gimmick cause I think it’s getting a little too much now with mega evolutions and Z-moves.

I’ve been hearing that too and like I said before, I hope it’s not their new gimmick because it would make things a lot more complicated giving the fact we already have megas and Z-moves. I wish they keep things simple cause I feel like they pushed it with Z-moves and now adding armored forms would be kinda messy.
Just make use what we already have.
Not really unless you asking what's the point of it compared to Mega Evolution. After Gen 4, every generation since then had some kind of gimmick focusing on upgrading the Pokemon. First it was hidden abilities for Gen 5, Mega Evolution for Gen 6, Z-Moves and Regional Variants for Gen 7 and if armored evolutions are confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised as it just sounds like another upgrade to Pokemon.

mkn

Pokémon Master
Not really unless you asking what's the point of it compared to Mega Evolution. After Gen 4, every generation since then had some kind of gimmick focusing on upgrading the Pokemon. First it was hidden abilities for Gen 5, Mega Evolution for Gen 6, Z-Moves and Regional Variants for Gen 7 and if armored evolutions are confirmed, I wouldn't be surprised as it just sounds like another upgrade to Pokemon.

Well if that’s the case, I think it’s unlikely we’ll see any new megas cause they’ll have a new thing every new gen and that means no love for the rest of the starter Pokémon and I really wanted megas for the jhoto starters :/

shoz999

Well if that’s the case, I think it’s unlikely we’ll see any new megas cause they’ll have a new thing every new gen and that means no love for the rest of the starter Pokémon and I really wanted megas for the jhoto starters :/
I do have a hunch we might see Mega Evolutions later as a "brand new return" in later generations as Pokemon gets older without it.

Mikeachu

Soul Trainer
With MSBEvo I guess the only thing to be hopeful for is some rendition of the original Adult Misty ending coming back but that's unlikely.

For DP The longshot is Ryanchu getting the SSB invitation letter in a post-credits scene setting up a Nintendo Cinematic Universe. If I'm gotta dream, then I'm gonaa dream big!