• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hoppip

What's Hoppip's real color?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arbok

aka Arbok
I just saw an episode on the tv from Pokémon, but the Hoppip where pink colored instead of red. What's the real color, you think?

dpmfa187.png

Clash

He's Back!
I think Hoppip are closer to red than pink. Some sprites, show episodes and movies make you think otherwise, though.

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Green. Them Hoppips are definitely green.

wynnyelle

Pink all the way. Very close to red, kind of a dark melon-pink. Of course, if hoppip were real, we'd probably see red, melon and pink-coloured ones.

This is kind of like asking whether jumpluff is blue or purple...

Scenice

~ Grace ~
It is stated in the pokedex that it's colour category is Pink and to me it looks pink.
I it was meant to be red the colour category would have been red

Last edited:

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
Somewhere between but I think its pink.

DeathDjango

Funkeeadelic
In the anime, pink. in some sprites, pink too. Its the first time i see a red Hoppip. Its pink.

It looks like a crimson red in the d/p sprite, although it could be debated that it is rather a deep magenta since hoppip's category on the pokedex is Pink and not Red. The colors always seem to differ between the games an anime, I mean look at machoke and machamp...which one is has a darker color since they continually change.

Darkfall

Abuses SHIFT + ENTER
Ask Sugimori.

Don't trust the sprites, they're almost always wrong, look at Grovyle's for example, they gave it BLUE leaves. Blue.
And Salamence is wrong also...
Many bird Pokemon decide to change the number of talons/claws, and Mr Mim grows extra fingers.
So, IMO, Pink. Red would be stupid anyways. Imagine it, it doesn't look right.

Yes, check the official art on PokemonSafari Hoppip still looks red from its GSC official art, but it doesn't seem to be copletely red. Like I said before, it seems magenta. But still, the pokedex entry says pink.

Ask Sugimori.

Don't trust the sprites, they're almost always wrong, look at Grovyle's for example, they gave it BLUE leaves. Blue.
And Salamence is wrong also...
Many bird Pokemon decide to change the number of talons/claws, and Mr Mim grows extra fingers.
So, IMO, Pink. Red would be stupid anyways. Imagine it, it doesn't look right.

Yeah, grovyle's leaves should be more green instead of teal. Salamence's body should be a deeper shade of blue and it's wings should be red and not red/orange.
Mr. Mime's number of fingers have actually been correct since the FR/LG offical art where they gave it an extra finger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.