1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Horde Encounters

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by RedBlastoise, Sep 16, 2019.

1. RedBlastoise

RedBlastoise Well-Known Member

In Generation 6 there was a new type of wild battle mechanic known as Horde Encounters in which 5 wild Pokemon could be found at once. What did you think of Horde Encounters? Have you ever encountered a shiny Pokemon in a horde?

I liked horde encounters especially since finding shinies was so much easier with that method. It also made gaining EVs easier.

Leonhart likes this.
  2. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I disliked horde encounters since they were more trouble than they were worth, to me at least. The idea of battling five Pokemon at once was interesting, but the Pokemon found in horde encounters were usually at a lower level than other wild Pokemon in the same location, so the experience gained from those battles was minimal.

3. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

Horde encounters are great if you have a Pokemon with 5 field hit range ie rock slide to deal with them. Using a low lvel to fight 5 at once early on not so much. Super training is great but not the fastest, horde training works well as EV gains when it's not interrupted but rain... the very first minun I found in X hordes was a shiny one and it was surrounded by 4 normal plusle.

Lunalah likes this.
  4. Dicklaycia

Dicklaycia Objectively Better Than You

I liked Horde battles, they were incredibly convenient for EV training. I never found a Shiny Pokémon in one, though, because I’m not that lucky!

Perijune likes this.
  5. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

I thought it was a great addition, and I was disappointed that they weren't in the Alola games. That being said, I didn't like how they only had a small vareity of Pokemon, especially in X/Y, and not all of them had good Hidden Abilities (they should have had Bunnelby, Helioptile, Wooper, Fletchling and Pikachu/Pichu hordes, for example).

Perijune likes this.
  6. Ignition

Ignition Incineroar wins yet again (proud of my son)

I loved Horde Encounters but wish there was more variety. The little feature on rivals like Zangoose and Seviper attacking each other before you was a nice addition