• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Horde Encounters

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
In Generation 6 there was a new type of wild battle mechanic known as Horde Encounters in which 5 wild Pokemon could be found at once. What did you think of Horde Encounters? Have you ever encountered a shiny Pokemon in a horde?

I liked horde encounters especially since finding shinies was so much easier with that method. It also made gaining EVs easier.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I disliked horde encounters since they were more trouble than they were worth, to me at least. The idea of battling five Pokemon at once was interesting, but the Pokemon found in horde encounters were usually at a lower level than other wild Pokemon in the same location, so the experience gained from those battles was minimal.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Horde encounters are great if you have a Pokemon with 5 field hit range ie rock slide to deal with them. Using a low lvel to fight 5 at once early on not so much. Super training is great but not the fastest, horde training works well as EV gains when it's not interrupted but rain... the very first minun I found in X hordes was a shiny one and it was surrounded by 4 normal plusle.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I loved Horde Encounters but wish there was more variety. The little feature on rivals like Zangoose and Seviper attacking each other before you was a nice addition

TwilightBlade

Never really saw the point of them other than making shiny hunting easier, but I'm not too big on shinies in the first place so I never took advantage of hordes. I think that out of all the new ideas from X and Y, hordes were one of the most unmemorable features.

Leonhart

Imagineer
TwilightBlade said:
Never really saw the point of them other than making shiny hunting easier, but I'm not too big on shinies in the first place so I never took advantage of hordes. I think that out of all the new ideas from X and Y, hordes were one of the most unmemorable features.

I never actually considered Shiny hunting using horde encounters as a method, but in hindsight that's probably one of this feature's greatest assets. If I still played Y version a lot, I might actually take advantage of this bonus.

Venomshock

Really liked these and they were my favorite addition to the franchise during Gen 6. My only wish was that the levels of the wild horde pokemon had been much higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.