• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Horde/Inverse/Sky Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I usually run away from Horde battles but i did hear that they help yppu a lot when shiny hunting so I'll be taking advantage of that once I get my shiny charm. Also, I love the Inverse battles. They are challenging and fun. The Sky battles are also cool, as you get to see Pokemon battle it out in the sky, however there are few of these and they're far between, making them kind of just like a "Oh hey that's cool." type of thing you will forget on down the line.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I liked horde battles because it was easier getting a desired gender for a Pokemon.

Inverse just gave me a headache, I don't want it back.

And I loved Sky Battles. If you didn't own a Flying type you don't have to do it, but it does stink when you only have one flying type. But I always have Noivern and Charizard on my Kalos teams.

hathornd

Horde battles are OK. I really like how simple they make EV training! But in normal play, they can just seem to drag on if you don't have type advantage/AOE moves.

Inverse battles are fun, but weird... As long as you have a diverse moveset though, seemed to be doable.

Sky battles were never a challenge. I had a Hasty 2IV (HP+SPD)wild-caught Vivillon I used through the game, and it would outspeed and oneshot most things with a Psychic or Bug move.

akuma-chan

Collector
Love hoard battles to level pokemon up faster! provides a good challenge!

I hate inverse battles i have such a hard time trying to win so i ignore those battles as much as possible.

Always have a flying pokemon on hand since i love bird pokemon so its not a big deal, just another person to battle.

Sketchie

literally some guy
Hoarde battles are the most annoying things in the best way possible. I love hoard battles when I have moves that attack everyone, but they're a little tedious if I don't. All around, though, I like the concept and I hope they keep it in gen VII. (And the shinies found this way..? Ohboy.)

Inverse battles are really fun! Theyre challenging, it's like riding a bike backwards. Ive memorized these type matchups, I've planned for weaknesses, and inverse battles turn it upside down and I actually have to think about what I'm doing.

Sky battles are pointless and I hate emolga. The end.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Horde encounters are great fun if you have a move that can hit multiple targets. Otherwise, eh.

I really like Inverse Battles. They're unfortunately underrepresented in the games, though.

Sky battles are...okay, I guess, although I've been mildly annoyed with them ever since the second Sky Trainer of the game killed Wave the Pidgeotto on my current Y Nuzlocke.

Kennith

Banned
I quite enjoyed all three new battle mechanics. I used Charizard in my latest Y file to do several of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.