• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Horrible Luck in Pokemon

ricedonut

pringle user
Every time I play Pokemon, I notice that I have horrible luck. I haven't seen Hydro pump miss for years when the oponent uses it against me, but my Pokemon's attacks always miss. also last night my Ampharos's Thunder missed 7 times in a row without any accuracy modifiers. I'm not exaggerating

Does this happen with anyone else

(·-·)(o_O)

oh hai there
The most times I missed in a row was 5, I don't really think of it as bad luck maybe it was just coincidence with the game

My Aggron's Thunder only hit my opponent twice out of all 10 times. No accuracy modifiers either. However, I was hit by more Thunder and Fire Blast (I was battling Lance) and almost every KO was a critical hit on me. My Noctowl's Hypnosis missed almost every go, I had lost count on how many times I had to reset. 'w'
It was the most irritating Champion battle I had. No other battle has been that bad for me. xD;

7 tyranitars

It's hurt itself in it's confusion x10.

Larry

I always seem to miss with Focus Blast and run out of PP before it lands once.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This is also horrible luck that I always get into, my best pokemon always get paralyzed, and infatuated at the same time. Whenever I try this it does not work

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Start of turn 5
Kirge Opie called Wisemon back!
Kirge Opie sent out OverlordGAIA! (Arceus-Rock)
[805]Killer G's Arceus used Swords Dance!
[805]Killer G's Arceus's Attack sharply rose!
The sunlight is strong!
[805]Killer G's reflect wore off!

Start of turn 6
OverlordGAIA used Will-O-Wisp!
[805]Killer G's Arceus was burned!
[805]Killer G's Arceus ate its Lum Berry!
[805]Killer G's Arceus's status cleared!
[805]Killer G's Arceus used Swords Dance!
[805]Killer G's Arceus's Attack sharply rose!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 7
[805]Killer G's Arceus used ExtremeSpeed!
It's not very effective...
OverlordGAIA lost 175 HP! (39% of its health)
The attack of OverlordGAIA missed!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 8
OverlordGAIA lost 177 HP! (39% of its health)
The attack of OverlordGAIA missed!
The sunlight is strong!

Start of turn 9
OverlordGAIA lost 92 HP! (20% of its health)
OverlordGAIA fainted!

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Every time wild Audino use Secret Power it almost always puts the Pokemon I'm training to sleep.

The only times it won't happen are if I'm training a Ghost-type or the Pokemon has a sleep-preventing ability.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Every time wild Audino use Secret Power it almost always puts the Pokemon I'm training to sleep.

The only times it won't happen are if I'm training a Ghost-type or the Pokemon has a sleep-preventing ability.

OH GOD. Literally EVERY TIME an Audino used Secret Power on Route 10, I was put to sleep. LITERALLY. EVERY. TIME. Was my team tired or something? >.>

Another thing: I was in the Battle Hall with my Dragonite, Saphira. We were up against a Ninetales, so I decided Surf would work. It would've...if not for the fact that I hit myself in confusion three times in a row. I LOST. To a NINETALES.

Sceptile40

The One...
Hitting yourself in confusion 4+ times in a row. Yuck.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
getting hit by blizzard 4 times in one turn(double battle) with a critical on both my pokemon when they each got hit the 2nd time.

Getting frozen twice in 2 turn by Froglass in the bw elite four 2nd time after I had just used full restore to unfreeze it.

missing 4-5 times for stone edge 3-5 times for fire blast 2-4 times for crunch 4-5 times with hydro pump in various battles with no accuracy or evasion modifiers on either side.

my entire team was hit by critical hits every other attack in a gym battle(Norman in Emerald) very annoying.

Megh

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I was watching a guy's LP of Emerald with the Randomizer mod. It was a Nuzlocke. On Route 101, before he got Pokeballs, guess what his first encounter was.

Entei XD

Last edited:

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
Hm...worse luck I ever had was the AI getting 2 consecutive Sheer Colds to hit, and kill for the pokemon I had that with Super Effective moves.....

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
For some reason almost eveytime my opponent uses Rock Slide at least one of my Pokemon flinches but when I use it the opposing Pokemon never flinch. Also ever since I transfered my one Gardevoir into my White Version her Hypnosis has been missing alot more then it's been hitting... And finally in the battle subway the last trainer always seems to have the perfect counter to my team. At the end of the day if the game doesn't want you to win it will see to it that you don't.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I get ticked off the most when im always on my 19th or 20th battle in the battle subway then all of a sudden I got to fight someone who has all the perfect pokemon to use against me!!! It's rigged I tell ya.