• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Horrible Luck in Pokemon

strawberry-chan

bad luck

this is diamond/pearl but when i was battling cynthia the champion we both had one pokemon left and red hp. i had i more move left, i used it but it missed then cynthia missed. i used struggle she died then i did and i lost and got mad. also i was catching lugia in soulsilver with a masterball it FAILED i cried

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
I was once decimated by a shuckle that had it's quick claw activate about 5 times in a row, which is less likely then getting a shiny via the masuda method.

Of course, it was at the battle subway, so actual probabilities probably weren't involved.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Don't really notice it much, but I tend to notice that the closer you get to battling a Frontier Brain, the harder the trainers are. I swear the computer cheats during that time. And unless you have luck and good strategy, you tend to fail during those final trainers. It's really the only reason why I have only two silver certificates, Battles Hall and Arcade were pretty easy for me.

gabric

my bad luck mostly just involves catching pokemon i face off agaisnt a legendary and i get it to the perfect place to catch it then i just cant although my sister who also plays has amazing luck everytime she tries its she gets it in like 1-3 throws

AwesomeReshiram93

THE MANNIS ARISES
My friend's Groudon hitting me with Fissure 3 TIMES during a battle....is that even possible?

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
My friend's Groudon hitting me with Fissure 3 TIMES during a battle....is that even possible?

Um...yeah. A 2.7% chance.

I also seem to have bad luck in making terrible miscues: such are using Rain Dance while facing an Empoleon.

joep05

master of disaster
i was catching lugia in soulsilver with a masterball it FAILED i cried
show me the evidence then i'll believe you

im prone to inappropriate critical hits, i.e. my opponents gets them just a few more times than what i would deem "fair" (thats how i like my battles...fair), and i dont get them often, and normally when i do get them its when my opponent is about to faint anyway so in other words...its worthless when i get them. in all my years of playing i have NEVER not once got a CH at "just the right time" i.e. if this is a CH i will win, but if its not i will lose...and its a CH, im sure most people have had that moment at some point in their lives, i have never experienced that feeling of what is pure luck ONCE and ive been playing 15 years!, its happened against me a few times... pretty frustrating.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Yeah, I've had bad luck like sheer cold hitting me thrice in a row, but then again I've also had protect work for me 5 times in a row. It's not luck. It's randomness.

SmartD

I had some bad luck moments, like in the Battle Hall in Platinum where Argenta used a Raikou and I had Empoleon. You can guess how that turned out.

Aegon

Just this evening, a Bastiodon used Double Team once. I had to use a move five times in order to land a hit. Meanwhile, it succeeded in landing two critical hits in a row. >_>

Navarch

this is diamond/pearl but when i was battling cynthia the champion we both had one pokemon left and red hp. i had i more move left, i used it but it missed then cynthia missed. i used struggle she died then i did and i lost and got mad. also i was catching lugia in soulsilver with a masterball it FAILED i cried

The Master Ball failing is impossible unless you hack or something...

Flame Mistress

My opponent used Sand-Attack a single time.
Tackle missed four freakin' times in a row after that.
Then my Pokémon fainted.
I was not amused.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
>Catch Moltres.
>GBA battery dies right then and I forget to save.

>Fight Elesa.
>Her Emolga's use Double Team and I miss frequently.

Etc etc...stuff like that.

The Guy

Generic Charizard
Okay, so I'm playing Pokemon Firered the other day, and I'm trying to find a Dragonair in the Safari Zone. You know what I fish up? SHINY DRATINI. So, of course, I'm obsessing over it, as it was the first shiny I've seen since that Shinx in Platinum, and guess what? IT RUNS AWAY. Isn't that wonderful? And I never did catch a Dragonair either...

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Another bad wild Pokemon moment for me.

Every time I fight wild Gothitelle on Route 9, they always use Flatter on me. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Hikari hates getting confused.

PsychicPsycho

One particular instance stands out to me from a Battle Frontier fight. The pokemon I was fighting didn't actually seem hard, but I got frozen 3 times during that fight and ended up losing.

Also, when playing Voltorb Flip, and there's a voltorb at the intersection of 2 rows with only 1 voltorb
Of course, it was at the battle subway, so actual probabilities probably weren't involved.
During one of the early rounds in the Emerald Battle Hall, a pokemon's Focus Band activated 3 or 4 times in a row. I didn't end up losing, but if something like that happened in the later rounds I probably would've been ready to break the game in half.