• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Horror Manga

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
so this is a discussion of manga that would be considered horror types. be it that it is filled with blood and gore, a supernatural thriller, or just plain creepy.

talk about your favorite, or your least favorite. If you could make a horror manga, what would you make it about. anything horror manga related.

So far I like these:

Ibitsu
I can't Sleep Alone
Mimi's ghost stories

so what are some do you like... I'll be waiting here, for your answer... under your bed.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Best horror manga that I've read is Shiki (though I honestly haven't read that much horror manga).

My favorite Shonen Jump series of 2010 is Enigma. It's a horror/suspense/supernatural series. It's like Saw if the participants in Saw had superpowers to help them escape from death traps.

Wardek

U & I
I don't read lot of mangas; but I might read some of the horror suggestions here, I am big horror/gore/blood fan.

Edit:

My favorite Shonen Jump series of 2010 is Enigma. It's a horror/suspense/supernatural series. It's like Saw if the participants in Saw had superpowers to help them escape from death traps.

Saw-Like Manga? Death Traps? Stupid Superpowers? Gotta definitly read this (autocorrect doesn't work, so definitly is obviously is not written the right way >__>).

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
I'm surprised this one isn't here yet, though it doesn't scare me, really. It's plenty creepy and gorey, though... I'd just like it if they just stuck with one art style! D:<
Anyway, it is Higurashi [When They Cry]. There's an anime for it too, and many arcs in manga for it (by this, I mean 12+ volumes). To get you started: it appears to revolve around a curse in this Japanese town.

Another one that did a good job at freaking me out is this one volume one by TOKYOPOP, literally, just called GOTH. I'd type in "goth manga" or something like that into a search engine. Anyway, to start you off: A man likes to cut off other people's hands for his own posession (think: Ren's Fear Garden)... and there are other stories.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Higurashi no naku koro ni is definately a good horror and I'm still working on it. Elfin Lied and Highschool of the Dead are to an extent horror manga and are both really awesome.

Wardek

U & I
I'm surprised this one isn't here yet, though it doesn't scare me, really. It's plenty creepy and gorey, though... I'd just like it if they just stuck with one art style! D:<
Anyway, it is Higurashi [When They Cry]. There's an anime for it too, and many arcs in manga for it (by this, I mean 12+ volumes). To get you started: it appears to revolve around a curse in this Japanese town.

Higurashi scares you? Wow, it never scared me, it made me feel "creeped" though.

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
I actually just finshed reading Fuan no Tane 0, someone suggested.

I enjoyed it, its like a bunch of urbanlegend short stories. The Visit 2 (funny), Mr. Newt (creepy), and Determination (sad) being my favorite.

yeah Higurashi I've only read the first arc and seen the first movie. I need to start getting them.

If I'm not mistakeing the creator of Higurashi co-created: Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni ... its nice so far as I've read, deals with the seven mysteries of a school.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Ibitsu is a GREAT manga. Real Japanese horror for the win.

Wardek

U & I
Uso da!

[img139]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oSs3pxBmGUE/TL5KEDeMxWI/AAAAAAAAAoM/qbmlEQVQ1PI/s1600/4.jpg[/img139]

That picture... uh... makes me lul! I might read the manga to see the scary things your talking about once I know why the hell it's rated Mature, only watched 6 episodes and don't remember something like pr0n. (Ahem, exclude the opening from my talk!) >.> Oh, and the RULES! BEWARE!

---

Back on topic: Enigma wouldn't be scary, but bit creepy, I enjoyed this and still enjoying it. The thing that destroyed it is the Supernatural powers, but let that aside.

Edit:

If I'm not mistakeing the creator of Higurashi co-created: Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni ... its nice so far as I've read, deals with the seven mysteries of a school.

Oh wait! I only know 6 of them! Is this manga interesting?

fuyu-seetaa

Higurashi scares you? Wow, it never scared me, it made me feel "creeped" though.

Well, I was 12-11 when I first picked up a volume and looked at it, but it isn't scary, just creepy, y'know? The only insane thing it really did was make me think I was insane for a couple days (explanation: I was depressed, let's not look into it). At first I was kind of afraid what kind of illustrations I'd find but I'm pretty OK with it now, I enjoy what gore I can find in it now.

Anyway, I watched some trailer for a new season and I just saw this: Desu. Desu. And more desu. ;__; What happened to the gore, the torture, the murder?! (Actually I don't like the anime but the anime tries to follow the manga, so.)

P.S.! I think they rated it "Mature/16+" because it has its ecchi moments but mainly because there's gore in it. They'll label a vanilla-romancey-manga 16+ for yaoi, y'know.
And I generally liked that artist's style, I'd like it if they stopped changing artists, but yes, that image isn't scary. It's hard to look at, though... It's just not eyecandy.

Last edited:
Hmm I remember I started reading Ibitsu once, but I don't think I finished. I should get on that.
Others I know of are Uzumaki (or Spiral in English), a strange, old manga about a town that becomes infested by "spirals" with horrific results; Doubt, which is also a Saw-esque manga about some teens that get trapped in a warehouse where they need to find the "wolf" (the killer) among them, and Franken Fran about a frankenstein girl who performs experiments with grotesque, creepy, yet sometimes quite humorous outcomes.

Wardek

U & I
Well, I was 12-11 when I first picked up a volume and looked at it, but it isn't scary, just creepy, y'know? The only insane thing it really did was make me think I was insane for a couple days (explanation: I was depressed, let's not look into it). At first I was kind of afraid what kind of illustrations I'd find but I'm pretty OK with it now, I enjoy what gore I can find in it now.

Anyway, I watched some trailer for a new season and I just saw this: Desu. Desu. And more desu. ;__; What happened to the gore, the torture, the murder?! (Actually I don't like the anime but the anime tries to follow the manga, so.)

P.S.! I think they rated it "Mature/16+" because it has its ecchi moments but mainly because there's gore in it. They'll label a vanilla-romancey-manga 16+ for yaoi, y'know.
And I generally liked that artist's style, I'd like it if they stopped changing artists, but yes, that image isn't scary. It's hard to look at, though... It's just not eyecandy.

DESU! You mean the two OVAs or there gonna be a completely new season? Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni + Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, and new series? FML!

Mature/16+ because of because of few ecchi moments? If there is very few, then that reason makes me laugh. I still say that gore is not a reasonable for 16+, aswell as the creepiness. Few or a bit a lot? That'll makes me decide whether to continue the series or not until I become 16/18+.. ;-;

fuyu-seetaa

DESU! You mean the two OVAs or there gonna be a completely new season? Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni + Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai, and new series? FML!

Mature/16+ because of because of few ecchi moments? If there is very few, then that reason makes me laugh. I still say that gore is not a reasonable for 16+, aswell as the creepiness. Few or a bit a lot? That'll makes me decide whether to continue the series or not until I become 16/18+.. ;-;

Well, I think that ALOT of gore, like in this series, is probably where they draw the line at what they think is OK with 13 and under (but being the rebellious children they are, they will read it anyway).

I'm not sure that it's just a "bit," um... There is a maid cafe, where basically your waiters are dressed like maids (females, of course, with rather large... chests). And the men are perverted as well (mainly just having a nose bleed, steam tooting out of their noses/ears). There are a few more that aren't, um, usersafe, so I will put them in a spoiler.

In one volume or two some older men, like the fat, has-no-life kind, purposely spill their desserts on their croth-area to have one of the maids to wipe their pants off. I think it's in the second arc, the one with Shion.

And you must know about "the penalty game," right? Occasionally the penalties involve maid outfits or female swimsuits. Keichi is usually forced into a maid suit and the younger ones, Satoko and Rika, recieve kitty ears, a maid outfit, or a swimsuit, or two at the same time (nekomimi maid).

Wardek

U & I
Well, I think that ALOT of gore, like in this series, is probably where they draw the line at what they think is OK with 13 and under (but being the rebellious children they are, they will read it anyway).

I'm not sure that it's just a "bit," um... There is a maid cafe, where basically your waiters are dressed like maids (females, of course, with rather large... chests). And the men are perverted as well (mainly just having a nose bleed, steam tooting out of their noses/ears). There are a few more that aren't, um, usersafe, so I will put them in a spoiler.

In one volume or two some older men, like the fat, has-no-life kind, purposely spill their desserts on their croth-area to have one of the maids to wipe their pants off. I think it's in the second arc, the one with Shion.

And you must know about "the penalty game," right? Occasionally the penalties involve maid outfits or female swimsuits. Keichi is usually forced into a maid suit and the younger ones, Satoko and Rika, recieve kitty ears, a maid outfit, or a swimsuit, or two at the same time (nekomimi maid).

Semi-Corrupted can count, which I am right now, the Semi is for gore/etc.

@Spoiler: I believe those nothing in my book, if everything is similar to that, then I'm going to complete the series. >.>"

Last edited:

Allio

TheManlyTrainer
Oh wait! I only know 6 of them! Is this manga interesting?

I only know of just one of the legends, the one they so far shown... so far it is, I can only find like 6 chapters....

wait a minute... you know of 6 of the mysterys... I can find only 6 chapters... quickly someone find another 6 related to that...

---------------

I also enjoyed Corpse Party Blood Covered. good read.

Ibitsu is a GREAT manga. Real Japanese horror for the win.

just to make sure I understood it...the twist was

That the older brother was the ghost, and the little sister abused him, not the other way around. right?

Last edited:

Wardek

U & I
I only know of just one of the legends, the one they so far shown... so far it is, I can only find like 6 chapters....

wait a minute... you know of 6 of the mysterys... I can find only 6 chapters... quickly someone find another 6 related to that...

I'm sure the ones I know aren't the real. *cough*Keroro Gunsou*cough*

Yami_Wheeler

Stay forever young.
I'm not a big reader of manga anymore. I only keep up with a few, but I remember a few years back, reading a manga called Doubt. That was pretty creepy and interesting, especially with the whole serial killer with a rabbit head motif. Psychological horror is easily my favorite genre among horror anything.

fuyu-seetaa

Semi-Corrupted can count, which I am right now, the Semi is for gore/etc.

@Spoiler: I believe those nothing in my book, if everything is similar to that, then I'm going to complete the series. >.>"

Which volume(s)/complete arc(s) do you have? If I read it in one of my volumes then it's surely in the other copies...