• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Horror stories!

Lone--Wanderer

...is a hack.
My Colloseum file was erased.

It had my only Shining Pokemon at the time on it; a female Azumarril.

D:

I found two more Shining Pokemon [both Pigeot; one Male, one Female], but I'll never get over that loss...I felt so sad. She had meant so much to me...

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
killed a shiny absol with a critical hit, sometimes a hate those things

suicune_dancer

I'm the Bogeyman!
When that shiny Execute in the Safari Zone ran... D:

Dr Elite

ultimate Trainer
oh my god man. thats deep sh*t

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
Just right now, my cousin released my shiny Growlithe on FireRed and SAVED! T_T

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
My friend was playing my game and used my Masterball on something stupid and saved.

And on Sapphire, I saw a shiny Electrike . . . and I had NO POKEBALLS! And I've never seen another shiny since, on any version, ever!

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
Hmmm....my worst time? In lg I wanted Moltres and I had like 999 pokeballs (or whatever your highest amount you can get is) and I forget how many greatballs and ultraballs. Oh, my marowak knew false swipe and some pokemon or another with hypnosis and it took me soft reseting...only God knows how many times...but I finally got so mad at the stupid fire bird I started over my ruby just to get a masterball!!

mewfanforlife

I got an Elektrike egg and hatched it and it turned out to be shiny. Unfortunately the power died while I was saving and I lsot that shiny Elektrike along with all the other eggs I had hatched before it. I check the power light more now though.

xXBloodstainedLieXx

IT'S ALL THE RAGE!
I just found a Feebas in Saphirre but I accidently killed it becauseI tried weakening it. I can't find one anymore

Torterra-417

Worship the willow!
never found a shiny. never. ever. baloney.
Me neither. Awww.

BUT I did skip the Masterball. I had to catch Latias with Ultra Balls! *cries* T_T

I once ran into a shiny Giratina(wasn't even soft resetting,dead serious) and in the end it struggled itself to death.

My first shiny in three years and it could've been a legendary.

Moral of the story:ALWAYS carry thunderwave for legendaries. :(

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
I did captured a shiny zubat and a shiny Hariyama (adamant) way back last year, maybe during my 1st or 2nd game on Emerald...but I didn't have friends yet with an Emerald cartridge of their own, so I erased my game to start a new one.

Not really an horrific tale for me, but a sad one...even getting another shiny Hariyama from Expert Evan is not the same, because the second one was Timid, not Adamant.
I also discovered a shiny Beldum from an egg, but the mistake I made was I soft-reset my game first to get back where the egg hasn't hatched yet...and I traded it to another cartridge of mine...hatch it there, and it wasn't shiny!!! How come?

I am currently on my 11th game now on my Emerald...Yey!!! Got a shiny Zigzagoon!!!

I'v had no bad experiences on Emerald, but on Crystal, I gave mail to Lugia and gave it to a person, got a TM, and saved!;359;

Dragon Rider

That's no moon...
Probably waaaaaay back in the R/B era when I accidentally made my sister's Wartortle evolve into a Machamp. Don't ask how I did it, it still mystifies me to this day...

I spent an hour trying to find a female Skarmory and then I remembered that I could breed my male one with a ditto xD

abgar

Fufufufu
my friend wanted to play pokemon ruby, i said "DONT save, ok?". he started a new name, named himself something like "ReKiT8890" and saved over my pokemon storage file... he cant touch any game with "Pokemon" in the tittle now

Dr Elite

ultimate Trainer
lost my mew to cloning! resolution: clone with linoone first if it fails then search on the net on how to do it. clone linoone again. still fails:DONT CLOnE!

also we were all on the coach going to france and the spazz next to me got my friends firered andsaved over the file ad used names as greek swearwords. in the ned he gave me the game to cbborrow and complete!

Last edited: