• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

**** horses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: forgot to change the RMT name lol. Oh well.

149.gif
212.gif
248.gif
639.gif
479-w.gif
591.gif

I don't play Pokemon very much anymore because it's luck based, frustrating, and pointless in the long term. In other words every time I play I don't end up having fun. The less I played, the more the metagame developed without me making it harder to get back into. Then one night I tried to slap together my old favorite, TEAM CHOICE BAND. With some help from ThatsJustPeachy and Gamefreak I updated it to suck slightly less.

149.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Dragonite fills all kinds of rolls on this team. It lures in and cripples physical walls, tanks pretty much any hit, and can even sweep with Extremespeed late game. Outrage is so strong that almost nothing that takes a neutral hit can survive a second one. Though my lead on team preview it is almost never the first thing I send out. Sandstorm + Multiscale sucks sometimes but it can still switch in easily enough. Earthquake > Superpower because I obviously have enough fighting moves on the team, and I find Jirachi extremely annoying.

212.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Quick Attack
- U-turn
- Superpower

CB Scizor hasn't really changed at all since Platinum gave it Bullet Punch + Superpower. This is mostly a standard set. Quick Attack > Pursuit because I already have Tyranitar Pursuiting stuff. Quick Attack 2HKOs Ninetales and Volcarona who are otherwise happy to switch in. It also helps check crap like Thundurus and Gyarados and just be a general all around nuisance. 12 Speed EVs outruns other Scizor so I can remain useful against them even at low HP. Bullet Punch is a guaranteed 3HKO on Gensect after Stealth Rocks which is awesome.

248.gif
@ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spd
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

I was hesitant to use CB Ttar in BW2, but it turned out to be the star of the team. With Paralysis / Sleep support from Amoonguss Tyranitar just goes to town over all weather starters and Psychics / Ghosts. It also checks and destroys frail things like Jolteon. Stone Edge hits with 94% as much power as Jolly CB Terrakion's CC which is nothing to take lightly. It is so strong that it can take Scarf Politoed down in one shot, and rip 70% off the defensive ones. Pursuit even OHKOs offensive Ninetales! Speed EVs outrun defensive base 70s like Skarmory and Politoed as well as Jellicent that invest in a lot of speed. **** you Jellicent.

639.gif
@ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Choice Scarf Terrakion is one of the best revenge killers in the game. Close Combat is easily spammable especially after the Psychics / Ghosts have been Pursuited and Gliscor is weakened or dead. Stone Edge sucks and is only really for when I NEED it, luckily that is only really against Gengar (at which point the accuracy becomes 30%). Stealth Rock is easy enough to find time to set up early game but it's mostly filler. HP Ice is really cool because it 2HKOs Gliscor and Intimidate Landorus while doing 40-50% to Dragonite without relying on Stone Edge (or in Gliscor's case, me being hard countered). Even with a Jolly nature HP Ice hurts what it has to.

479-w.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 120 SDef / 88 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp / HP Fire
- Pain Split

A sort of glue that holds **** together. Rotom W keeps up the pressure by throwing Volt Switches around hopefully preventing Skarmory from doing much. Hydro Pump is a bad move but it still gets past Heatran and hits pretty hard. Will-O-Wisp makes Scizor and Mamoswine useless, but I might just use HP Fire to get rid of Scizor / Forretress / Ferrothorn / Breloom / Venusaur quicker. Pain Split keeps Rotom in the game for a while. Speed EVs outruns max Speed Scizor so I can burn them before it sweeps me. 120 Sp Def hits a jump point and lets Rotom laugh off Tornadus Hurricanes. The rest is dumped into Defense to survive Superpowers and Secret Swords.

591.gif
@ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 216 SDef / 12 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stun Spore

My lead probably 80% of the time, and a lead 100% of the time against teams with Genesect (who does no more than 40% with any move). Most of the time Amoonguss just Spores, then Stun Spores a Heatran or Skarmory switch in. Giga Drain is very weak but lands the killing blow on stupid Rotom W I guess. HP Ice 3HKOs Thundurus and Tornadus while 2HKOing Gliscor and Breloom. 216 Sp Def EVs hits a jump point. 12 Speed outruns other Amoonguss, Reuniclus, and Slowbro. 28 Special Attack guarantees a 2HKO on Terrakion and Keldeo, 3HKO after a CM / Sandstorm, and if Keldeo manages to CM twice Giga Drain will break its Substitutes still.

Anyhow this team has a reeeeaally easy time with Rain and Sun (at least against bad PO players) and it does ok against stall. What I have the most trouble with is...

****ing Sand Veil Gliscor. I will miss every time.

Scizor. Not really an issue if I can figure out what set it runs. This is an issue as it can be the difference between Rotom burning a SD Scizor and taking a CB U-turn to the face. Then again Will-O-Wisp will miss so the end result is usually the same.

Lucario. At least with Bullet Punch. Really annoying.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P
Stop posting your team, now everyone will look over my awesome LC team for this piece of **** :(

Jk, love you BH and your team, 5 stars

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Well, firstly, you're using an Amoonguss. That's a problem. Try running Light Screen Corsola over him, he's a way better tank anyways, plus he gets Harden (I think.). At +1, he can even stomach a Rattata's Tackle. Barely, but still survives it.

Scizor should leave for Castform. Banded Special Castform owns everything. Go Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Sandstorm. No Weather Ball, having 4 Weather moves is way better anyways.

Now... Terrakion needs to leave for Contrary Superpower Spinda. Imagine how threatening a Superpower coming from something with a max Attack of 240 is. 240. That's like 230 points higher than my SAT scores.

Tyranitar? Whaddayadumb? Get rid of him for Unown. Yes, Unown. Choice Band Unown.

No, really, great team. Dragonite is a little standard, but still effective. I like QA over Pursuit on Scizor, lets him hit things that Bullet Punch doesn't, bar Steel types, but you've got Superpower for that. CBTar is a monster, and a benefit to any team.

Honestly, I can't think of anything to change. Maybe try to fit Luvdisc in there somewhere.

Takeo

Stop building stupid teams and play BW2 nuzlocke like a real mon!

Last edited:
Stop posting your team, now everyone will look over my awesome LC team for this piece of **** :(

Jk, love you BH and your team, 5 stars

I would rate your team, but I know nothing about LC!

Well, firstly, you're using an Amoonguss. That's a problem. Try running Light Screen Corsola over him, he's a way better tank anyways, plus he gets Harden (I think.). At +1, he can even stomach a Rattata's Tackle. Barely, but still survives it.

Scizor should leave for Castform. Banded Special Castform owns everything. Go Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Sandstorm. No Weather Ball, having 4 Weather moves is way better anyways.

Now... Terrakion needs to leave for Contrary Superpower Spinda. Imagine how threatening a Superpower coming from something with a max Attack of 240 is. 240. That's like 230 points higher than my SAT scores.

Tyranitar? Whaddayadumb? Get rid of him for Unown. Yes, Unown. Choice Band Unown.

No, really, great team. Dragonite is a little standard, but still effective. I like QA over Pursuit on Scizor, lets him hit things that Bullet Punch doesn't, bar Steel types, but you've got Superpower for that. CBTar is a monster, and a benefit to any team.

Honestly, I can't think of anything to change. Maybe try to fit Luvdisc in there somewhere.

I already have a Corsola team. Takes 35% from Rotom Volt Switch and Mirror Coats, then heals it all off from Regenerator. Corsola doesn't understand what death is.

just quit already

I can't until TA dies. :(

Stop building stupid teams and play BW2 nuzlocke like a real mon!

My options are BW2, or like 4 bottles of Jose Cuervo. I think I know which would bring me more long term joy :)

♪And after SIX rounds with Jose Cuervo
I found myself rating teams again♪

My team advice is about as good as Gibbs's marriage advice, so I'll just throw down a few things that could be a problem.

Sub Hydreigon looks to be kind of a jerk. Terrakion can take even a Focus Blast pretty well the first time and break its Sub, so it'd have to be really accurate with Focus and Fire Blasts to really do a ton of damage to your team. Of course, you know how luck treats you in this game.

Mamoswine probably won't sweep your team, but it's nearly impossible to switch into safely. Everything but Scizor and Rotom-W is OHKOd by either Icicle Crash (or 3 or 4 Icicle Spear hits, can't remember which). Scizor can force it out, but takes a lot of damage from Earthquake, and Rotom-W can be 2HKOd by Superpower/Return after SR (maybe before). As long as you can predict well and not switch in on the dangerous moves, though, you should be able to consistently keep it under pressure and wear it down with your own SR.

CB Landorus-T is another thing you'll just have to predict around. Anything that isn't OHKOd by one of Earthquake/Stone Edge/Superpower is outsped and 2HKOd, and unfortunately it has plenty of opportunities to come in thanks to Intimidate.

Sheer Force Landorus-I (quickly becoming more popular) looks kinda dangerous, mainly just if predicts right and depending on what it runs. Between Earth Power, Focus Blast, HP Ice, and Psychic, it's 2HKOing everything. Not too bad, though, and you should be able to keep it in check between Rotom-W, Amoonguss, Scizor, and Terrakion. On that note, though, Landorus-I in general can be a pain. Only a CB set (rare on Lando-I) is really blowing holes in everything, but nothing on your team really likes taking Sand Force boosted Earthquakes and Stone Edges very much.

I don't care if I'm the only one using it, CB Gigalith OHKOs your entire team with Stone Edge besides Tyranitar and Terrakion, which are both murdered by Superpower or Earthquake. :p

MixMence is kind of a jerk, but then again it usually is. You have it checked decently enough between Scizor and Terrakion, but just be careful, since all it takes is to accidently switch Scizor into Fire Blast and it can proceed to dump Outrages and Draco Meteors all over you.

If Sub SD Terrakion forces a switch and gets a Sub up, it's probably going to kill something. That is, unless you bring in Scizor, who can only really come in once since it takes a 57% minimum from +0 Close Combat. You could also try to get lucky with Stone Miss, but I think we all know how that tends to work out. It will still hit you and probably crit you as well.

Like you said, SD Lucario (namely a CC/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch variant) is pretty dangerous.

Just a few things, I guess. Not all of them are huge problems, but just some stuff to look out for *cough*CBGigalith*cough*. If that stuff turns out to be a problem, you could fix it with...I don't know, maybe Bronzong? It actually handles several of the things I mentioned, and I guess it's not terrible at checking Salamence, Terrakion and Lucario. I'm not very good at fixing problems once I identify them, lol, so I'm not sure what you could do to patch up the rest without changing the team too much and possibly leaving yourself open to something else.

Just my two cents. Good luck with quitting competitive Pokemon your team! ^_^

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
With that many slow CB users sub disable gengar will annoy you and lvl 1 fear aron will destroy your whole team

Aren't FEAR Pokemon banned from competitive play? Cause if not I'm using one on my troll team.

FEAR isn't banned, but it's a pretty terrible strategy overall. Besides, she's running two different priority users and Stealth Rock, so FEAR shouldn't be a problem. SubDisable Gengar, maybe, but not FEAR.

Ilan

FEAR isn't banned, but it's a pretty terrible strategy overall. Besides, she's running two different priority users and Stealth Rock, so FEAR shouldn't be a problem. SubDisable Gengar, maybe, but not FEAR.

I know it was a joke.
No, fear is not banned although it is really hard to pull out with SR around.

An Offensive espeon can make you trouble: Grass knot 2HKO tyranitar and HP fire 0HKO scizor, amoongus can't do anything about espeon, terrakion can't switch in, Rotom-W doesn't pose too much of a threat, the only thing that can take on it is dragonite... but I guess I am the only one using that set so NVM. looking for flaws on this team which is really good.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Well, it's a troll team. I'm not laddering with it, just trolling.

Well, I sorta thought of something that could handle the stuff I mentioned earlier. At least something to take into consideration. You could try running a utility check Forretress.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

One thing I like about Forretress is that it has just the right typing, bulk, and movepool to make a decent check to a bunch of random stuff depending on what you're running. In this case, HP Ice is going to go a long ways in helping keep things like Landorus-I/T and Gliscor in check. He can actually take a hit from Mamoswine and Terrakion pretty well and do a lot of damage back with Gyro Ball, giving you an additional check to those. He doesn't always straight up beat Salamence or Hydreigon, but he can be a decent emergency check to both. HP Ice does a solid chunk to Salamence, well over half, and you should always be able to get a hit in if Sturdy is intact. He doesn't do that much to Sub Hydreigon, but at least Gyro Ball will always break a max speed Hydra's Subs every time, which should leave it Sub-less for your next Pokemon to force it out or kill it. Besides, he also gives you another resist to switch into random Draco Meteors and Outrages. Earthquake is literally just there to help against Lucario, since you can take a +2 Adamant LO Close Combat from full health and easily put Lucario into Bullet Punch range for Scizor. You could throw on Spikes, TSpikes, Volt Switch, or really anything else if you don't find that necessary. Rapid Spin is just Rapid Spin. Dragonite appreciates it now and then, and honestly it's just helpful against teams that love to wear you down with hazards before a late-game sweep.

I'm not really sure what you could use this over, to be honest. Maybe Amoonguss?

Hope that helps! ^_^

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Not entirely sure why Gliscor is a problem. Unless he's running Acrobatics he can't do **** to Amoonguss, and Amoonguss can KO with Hidden Power.

By the way, I just realized I've been around longer than you. That makes me your superior in every possible way. =)

#notarepublican

Last edited:
?And after SIX rounds with Jose Cuervo
I found myself rating teams again?

My team advice is about as good as Gibbs's marriage advice, so I'll just throw down a few things that could be a problem.

Sub Hydreigon looks to be kind of a jerk. Terrakion can take even a Focus Blast pretty well the first time and break its Sub, so it'd have to be really accurate with Focus and Fire Blasts to really do a ton of damage to your team. Of course, you know how luck treats you in this game.

Yeah, I don't really have a solid switch in to it. I'm not THAT concerned though as I have several ways to revenge kill it and it can't switch in for free on much. Also if needed Amoonguss can switch in on it to scout its set, survive a Fire Blast, and HP Ice to break its Sub. Then I can switch out or whatever seems to be the best idea at the time.

Mamoswine probably won't sweep your team, but it's nearly impossible to switch into safely. Everything but Scizor and Rotom-W is OHKOd by either Icicle Crash (or 3 or 4 Icicle Spear hits, can't remember which). Scizor can force it out, but takes a lot of damage from Earthquake, and Rotom-W can be 2HKOd by Superpower/Return after SR (maybe before). As long as you can predict well and not switch in on the dangerous moves, though, you should be able to consistently keep it under pressure and wear it down with your own SR.

Rotom W switches in on it well enough (yeah though it is 2HKOed by its non-STAB moves) but Terrakion and Scizor both revenge kill it, even Dragonite can take it down when its at around 50%. It is kind of hard to switch in on, but that's sort of what Mamoswine does.

CB Landorus-T is another thing you'll just have to predict around. Anything that isn't OHKOd by one of Earthquake/Stone Edge/Superpower is outsped and 2HKOd, and unfortunately it has plenty of opportunities to come in thanks to Intimidate.

I haven't actually faced a CB Landorus yet but it does look dangerous. I think it's like Mamoswine in that no team really has a completely safe switch in. Rotom is cleanly 2HKOed by Stone Edge but at least it reveals what set it runs and locks it into one move.

Sheer Force Landorus-I (quickly becoming more popular) looks kinda dangerous, mainly just if predicts right and depending on what it runs. Between Earth Power, Focus Blast, HP Ice, and Psychic, it's 2HKOing everything. Not too bad, though, and you should be able to keep it in check between Rotom-W, Amoonguss, Scizor, and Terrakion. On that note, though, Landorus-I in general can be a pain. Only a CB set (rare on Lando-I) is really blowing holes in everything, but nothing on your team really likes taking Sand Force boosted Earthquakes and Stone Edges very much.

This thing is annoying to face. I have a bunch of priority moves though and two Pokemon that can force it out if they switch in on Earth Power. Amoonguss even survives LO Sheer Force Psychic well enough so it can remove it with Spore or hurt it with HP Ice.

I don't care if I'm the only one using it, CB Gigalith OHKOs your entire team with Stone Edge besides Tyranitar and Terrakion, which are both murdered by Superpower or Earthquake. :p

True but every Pokemon on this team 2HKOs it. Actually I did fight a CB Aggron with TR support once, which gave me a tough time.

MixMence is kind of a jerk, but then again it usually is. You have it checked decently enough between Scizor and Terrakion, but just be careful, since all it takes is to accidently switch Scizor into Fire Blast and it can proceed to dump Outrages and Draco Meteors all over you.

Nothing really switches in on mixmence lol.

If Sub SD Terrakion forces a switch and gets a Sub up, it's probably going to kill something. That is, unless you bring in Scizor, who can only really come in once since it takes a 57% minimum from +0 Close Combat. You could also try to get lucky with Stone Miss, but I think we all know how that tends to work out. It will still hit you and probably crit you as well.

I usually just send in Amoonguss to scout its set. If its CB or Scarf I attack or switch, depending on the move. If it subs I just break it with Giga Drain as it Swords Dances then either sac something or try to switch in Terrakion on the Stone Edge.

Like you said, SD Lucario (namely a CC/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch variant) is pretty dangerous.

Yeah Lucario is pretty dickish. I can usually beat it once LO and CC def drops put it in Scizor or Dragonite KO range, but if it sets up I have no direct answer to it.

With that many slow CB users sub disable gengar will annoy you and lvl 1 fear aron will destroy your whole team

An Offensive espeon can make you trouble: Grass knot 2HKO tyranitar and HP fire 0HKO scizor, amoongus can't do anything about espeon, terrakion can't switch in, Rotom-W doesn't pose too much of a threat, the only thing that can take on it is dragonite... but I guess I am the only one using that set so NVM. looking for flaws on this team which is really good.

Sub Disable Gengar actually is a huge pain. I usually throw Scizor at it. If it Subs I just U-turn, which despite a 4x resist it will break the Sub and screw up Disable. However a lot of the time they just Focus Blast which 2HKOs Scizor. I can also throw Amoonguss at it which usually breaks Gengar's Subs with HP Ice and takes 30% max from Shadow Ball. It's annoying but not always impossible to handle. It is a weakness though.

Espeon on the other hand is no threat. Dragonite OHKOs it with Extremespeed after either Stealth Rocks or Life Orb. Scizor OHKOs with Bullet Punch. Tyranitar survives a Grass Knot meaning unless Espeon predicts perfectly it will end up Pursuited to death. Terrakion OHKOs with Stone Edge. Even Amoonguss survives a LO Psychic lol.

Well, I sorta thought of something that could handle the stuff I mentioned earlier. At least something to take into consideration. You could try running a utility check Forretress.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SAtk
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

One thing I like about Forretress is that it has just the right typing, bulk, and movepool to make a decent check to a bunch of random stuff depending on what you're running. In this case, HP Ice is going to go a long ways in helping keep things like Landorus-I/T and Gliscor in check. He can actually take a hit from Mamoswine and Terrakion pretty well and do a lot of damage back with Gyro Ball, giving you an additional check to those. He doesn't always straight up beat Salamence or Hydreigon, but he can be a decent emergency check to both. HP Ice does a solid chunk to Salamence, well over half, and you should always be able to get a hit in if Sturdy is intact. He doesn't do that much to Sub Hydreigon, but at least Gyro Ball will always break a max speed Hydra's Subs every time, which should leave it Sub-less for your next Pokemon to force it out or kill it. Besides, he also gives you another resist to switch into random Draco Meteors and Outrages. Earthquake is literally just there to help against Lucario, since you can take a +2 Adamant LO Close Combat from full health and easily put Lucario into Bullet Punch range for Scizor. You could throw on Spikes, TSpikes, Volt Switch, or really anything else if you don't find that necessary. Rapid Spin is just Rapid Spin. Dragonite appreciates it now and then, and honestly it's just helpful against teams that love to wear you down with hazards before a late-game sweep.

I'm not really sure what you could use this over, to be honest. Maybe Amoonguss?

Hope that helps! ^_^

It does help! But I don't think Forretress would work here. This team is offensive. I don't really mind if I have to lose a Pokemon to something like Mamoswine or Hydreigon as long as I can revenge kill it easily. If I see one of those Pokemon on team preview I can try to play around it. What worries me more are Pokemon that can switch in easily, set up, and either 6-0 or kill multiple Pokes even when my team is at full or high health.

Things like SD Scizor, SD Gliscor, SD BP Lucario, and Sub Disable Gengar.

To fix that I was thinking of Scarfing Scizor and running Pursuit > Quick Attack. This would be a permanent fix against Lucario and Gengar, as well as helping against stuff like Alakazam and Espeon. Though I would lose the power of CB Bullet Punch which sucks.

I think Sand Veil is about to be banned so the Gliscor problem may fix itself...

Thank you for all the rates!

Ghosts of the Forums

Who Ya Gonna Call?
i noticed that amoonguss can't take u-turns that well from genesect.

hang on.

EDIT: never mind. i tested the set and i must've been fighting some person with cb or muscle band genesect.

but rocks on terra is a little inconveiniant.

Last edited:
Depends on the Genesect. Specially based Genesect do about 45% with +1 U-turn... Ice Beam / Flamethrower does about the same amount. Max Attack U-turns do about 55%. Max Attack Adamant Choice Band is rare, but does roughly 90% and reveals its set.

Also Sand Veil was banned and Garchomp is in OU. Might need some changes to compensate for that. It's nice to know that Sand Veil Gliscor will never be a major issue again though.

Edit: I was considering dropping Dragonite for this...

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Jolly
Rough Skin
252 Speed / 252 Attack / 4 HP

Stealth Rock
Outrage / Dual Chop
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin cuts away 29% from the opponent every time Garchomp takes a direct hit. It would also give me something useful to do against U-turn + Volt Switch spam. Garchomp would help against SD Scizor and SD BP Lucario (neither of which ever OHKO with +2 LO Bullet Punch). I would lose Dragonite's fighting resistance, ground immunity and Extremespeed though so I don't know if it would be worth it.

windsong

WEST SIDE
just wanted to say that amoongus is amazing and it's teams like this that make you so good at this game in my book <3

but i admit when i first saw amoongus i was like
adult-gorilla-costume.jpg

then i was like

gorilla.jpg

then i was like **** it i'm posting a horse in this thread

white%20stallion.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.