• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Host move complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Closing to prevent posts such as these.

But yes, enjoy the lag free forums everyone.

Edit:

Re-opened because there are still lag issues. If Serebii or anyone else would like to explain why it still exists, they certianly may.
Some amount of Lag is created by users using images DIRECTLY from: http://arkeis.com/animatedsprites.html

Basicly put is that Arkeis's server is not made to run as a image server, and is can't cope with the load of people using viewing a someone signature in Serebii. They have asked people Not to do this.

I regularly get a 1000* views per day of my Signature image which is only used SerebiiForums. Repeat that by 6 and then by 30 who have it in the sig: 180,000 views per day.

Remember Animated sprites are quite large enough for a team to be over 500Kb, which is the Signature Rules limit.

Two ways to "fix" it:

1. You can Block Images from http://arkeis.com, which means your computer will not download it.

2. If you're using them, Use an image host instead.

Currently, I can't really pull people for hot linking images from that site unless they're in sig thread, or break another rule.

*This 1000 users is based on the average views per day. Almost all views are almost all from Serebiiforums.com, the best this got on other sites is 12.

Maverik

Banned
Yeah, I told a few members not to do that. If I could recommend a good image host it would be maj host, it's the one I use and the sprites on my sig are pretty much lag-free, I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.